• 05-10-2010
    alangbaker
    Current state of the swing
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ob7CqlPPM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ob7CqlPPM[/URL]
  • 05-10-2010
    mongrel
    [QUOTE=alangbaker][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ob7CqlPPM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ob7CqlPPM[/URL][/QUOTE]
    Someone hit a good tee shot there. Interestingly, watching that short clip led me to some that Larry posted including a pro fine-tuning his student, Jim's, driver swing with a small device he referred to as "Pivot for Power" that beeps if you hang on your back foot. It looks like a useful tool but I bet it could be improved by coupling the beep with an electric shock. That would make the learning process much quicker. Would it be legal for play under USGA rules?
  • 05-10-2010
    FreakOfNature
    [QUOTE=alangbaker][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ob7CqlPPM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ob7CqlPPM[/URL][/QUOTE]

Swing's looking pretty good, ya hippie. Get a haircut, eh? :D

That one must've been well out there from the sounds of things. Solid.

FON
  • 05-10-2010
    spanqdoggie
    The moustache went out in the 70's dude.

Only firemen, police and gays are allowed the mousta... oops, my bad.

And what the hell is up with that creepy guy peeking out from the bushes? wtf????
  • 05-10-2010
    alangbaker
    [QUOTE=FreakOfNature]Swing's looking pretty good, ya hippie. Get a haircut, eh? :D[/quote]

Meh. Hair comes, hair goes...

[quote]That one must've been well out there from the sounds of things. Solid.[/quote]

Thanks. The game is definitely showing rust, but there are hopeful signs.

:)
  • 05-10-2010
    Kiwi Player
    Good looking swing but holy crap are those dreads I see peeking out from under your cap?

Also how does a homeless, unemployed loser afford all those nice threads, shoes and a modern looking driver.

What do you think Larry? Did Alan crawl out of his basement and mug somebody on the golf course?
  • 05-10-2010
    alangbaker
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player]Good looking swing but holy crap are those dreads I see peeking out from under your cap?[/quote]

Nah. I just don't mind letting the hair grow from time to time. :)

[quote]Also how does a homeless, unemployed loser afford all those nice threads, shoes and a modern looking driver.[/quote]

Psssssssh. Those aren't even the good threads. I save those for the private courses. :thumbsup:

[quote]What do you think Larry? Did Alan crawl out of his basement and mug somebody on the golf course?[/QUOTE]

I'll make sure the next video is of me in jeans and a t-shirt!
  • 05-11-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=alangbaker][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ob7CqlPPM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ob7CqlPPM[/URL][/quote]

Nice swing..is that a Graffaloy Prolite Red shaft? I don't see you having any problem in a match with Larry.
  • 05-11-2010
    alangbaker
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]Nice swing..is that a Graffaloy Prolite Red shaft? I don't see you having any problem in a match with Larry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The shaft says TaylorMade M.A.S^2 7-65, but from what I've read, there's some suggestion that the actual manufacturer was Fujikura. I might have to look into a different shaft and/or driver at some point because I'm not getting much roll on my drives.

As for Larry, yeah...

...I could take all the woods out of the bag and still kick his butt.

:-)
  • 05-11-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    Hmm.....I'm comparing Larry's swing to Alan's current. It's close. Velocity is almost the same, athleticism also about the same. It's kind of a toss-up really.

The thing is, with Larry's swing, I can picture him playing at a high level in many other sports. Not trying to be negative, Alan, your swing looks great too.
  • 05-11-2010
    alangbaker
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]Hmm.....I'm comparing Larry's swing to Alan's current. It's close. Velocity is almost the same, athleticism also about the same. It's kind of a toss-up really.

The thing is, with Larry's swing, I can picture him playing at a high level in many other sports. Not trying to be negative, Alan, your swing looks great too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, 'Zo, for the vote of confidence....

:D
  • 05-11-2010
    Pky6471
    Alangbaker... I like the way you shift your body ... Great looking swing... 260 yds? or more?
  • 05-11-2010
    alangbaker
    [QUOTE=Pky6471]Alangbaker... I like the way you shift your body ... Great looking swing... 260 yds? or more?[/QUOTE]

About 250 on that particular drive, but I'm hitting the ball high and hitting into an upslope, so I got almost no roll.

Let me get my trajectory down a little and when I hit into a level fairway, I'll be hitting about 265 - 285.
  • 05-11-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=alangbaker]About 250 on that particular drive, but I'm hitting the ball high and hitting into an upslope, so I got almost no roll.

Let me get my trajectory down a little and when I hit into a level fairway, I'll be hitting about 265 - 285.[/QUOTE]

Alan, is that an actual 265-285 or an internet 265-285? Because this is the internet, I'll assume internet.
  • 05-11-2010
    alangbaker
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]Alan, is that an actual 265-285 or an internet 265-285? Because this is the internet, I'll assume internet.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint you, Lorenzo, but that is actual.

Unlike Larry, I have no need to exaggerate my accomplishments.

:thumbsup:
  • 05-11-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=alangbaker]Sorry to disappoint you, Lorenzo, but that is actual.

Unlike Larry, I have no need to exaggerate my accomplishments.

:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Alan, what is it that gives you such a strong moral compass and makes you so invulnerable to normal human temptation?
  • 05-11-2010
    Horseballs
    Nothing is worse than a chick with a mustache.
  • 05-11-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=Horseballs]Nothing is worse than a chick with a mustache.[/QUOTE]

I like clean shaven too, but a good mustache on the right one can be pretty hot.
  • 05-11-2010
    alangbaker
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]Alan, what is it that gives you such a strong moral compass and makes you so invulnerable to normal human temptation?[/QUOTE]

I'm like Samson: As long as I don't cut my hair...

:D
  • 05-11-2010
    SoonerBS
    Dye your hair blond and I'd swear you were Charley Hoffman . . . . . .
  • 05-11-2010
    alangbaker
    [QUOTE=SoonerBS]Dye your hair blond and I'd swear you were Charley Hoffman . . . . . .[/QUOTE]

Nahhh...

I'd need a perm, too.
  • 05-12-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=SoonerBS]Dye your hair blond and I'd swear you were Charley Hoffman . . . . . .[/quote]

That's pretty close!! I think Alan would need to put on a few pounds to truly impersonate Hoffman.
  • 05-12-2010
    The Purist
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]That's pretty close!! I think Alan would need to put on a few pounds to truly impersonate Hoffman.[/QUOTE]
    Kind of looks like the dude that got tasered last week:

[IMG]http://gothamist.com/attachments/jen/2010_05_taserfan.jpg[/IMG]
  • 05-12-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=The Purist]Kind of looks like the dude that got tasered last week:

[IMG]http://gothamist.com/attachments/jen/2010_05_taserfan.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

The guy watching should be tasered for his choice of shorts.
  • 05-12-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]The guy watching should be tasered for his choice of shorts.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe noone has figured out what really happened with the Taser incident. Well...then I guess I should explain it. The spectator standing close is actually the perpetrator. His goal was to get his friend Tasered. As the cops were coming over, he switched shirts with the poor guy. The shorts and expression on his face are giveaways.

The guy that got Tasered did nothing wrong, he was just quietly watching golf.
  • 05-12-2010
    SDB1
    What the hell is going on in here???

Alan makes an original post that isn't a response to something Larry said?!?!?
  • 05-12-2010
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]I can't believe noone has figured out what really happened with the Taser incident. Well...then I guess I should explain it. The spectator standing close is actually the perpetrator. His goal was to get his friend Tasered. As the cops were coming over, he switched shirts with the poor guy. The shorts and expression on his face are giveaways.

The guy that got Tasered did nothing wrong, he was just quietly watching golf.[/QUOTE]

Oh, . . . I get it . . . . . . kind of like farting in a crowded elevator and moving to the other side immediately while looking disgustingly at your buddy who was standing next to you.

[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/fart.gif[/img]
  • 05-12-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=lorenzoinoc]I can't believe noone has figured out what really happened with the Taser incident. Well...then I guess I should explain it. The spectator standing close is actually the perpetrator. His goal was to get his friend Tasered. As the cops were coming over, he switched shirts with the poor guy. The shorts and expression on his face are giveaways.

The guy that got Tasered did nothing wrong, he was just quietly watching golf.[/quote]

Is that Rocco Mediate in the background with the blue shirt and hat? What is going on here?
  • 05-12-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=SoonerBS]Oh, . . . I get it . . . . . . kind of like farting in a crowded elevator and moving to the other side immediately while looking disgustingly at your buddy who was standing next to you.

[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/fart.gif[/img][/QUOTE]

Right. If one consitently gets away with the farting, it leads to something like this.

FD, it could be. And one of the cops is actually JB Holmes. The other is Ian Poulter. They don't like it noisy.
  • 05-12-2010
    Jeff_h
    [quote=lorenzoinoc]Right. If one consitently gets away with the farting, it leads to something like this......[/quote]

So farting is a "gateway" behavior?

What happens when a person engages in both farting and smoking pot? That would have to be bad......
  • 05-12-2010
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=Jeff_h]So farting is a "gateway" behavior?

What happens when a person engages in both farting and smoking pot? That would have to be bad......[/QUOTE]

That all depends . . . . . . . . . can one get high off of pot farts?
    [img]http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/heroes-smileys-64589/turk.gif[/img]
  • 05-12-2010
    lorenzoinoc

What happens when a person engages in both farting and smoking pot? That would have to be bad......[/QUOTE]

They end up where I am right now.
  • 05-12-2010
    SDB1

[B]
    Surgeon General Warning: Large amounts of gastrointestinal gas and an open flame can cause an explosion which can result in serious injury or death.[/B]
  • 05-12-2010
    The Purist
    [QUOTE=SDB1][B]
    Surgeon General Warning: Large amounts of gastrointestinal gas and an open flame can cause an explosion which can result in serious injury or death.[/B][/QUOTE]
    I used to light farts in college. Try it, it works and its great fun. To be safe I would recommend wearing jeans (the gas easily comes through the denim and the material is slow to ignite). High pressure farts are far safer than a slow oozing fart. I saw a guy char his shirt because the gas just kept coming out.
  • 05-12-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=The Purist]I used to light farts in college. Try it, it works and its great fun. To be safe I would recommend wearing jeans (the gas easily comes through the denim and the material is slow to ignite). High pressure farts are far safer than a slow oozing fart. I saw a guy char his shirt because the gas just kept coming out.[/QUOTE]

What do you think powers Italy?
  • 05-12-2010
    mongrel
    [QUOTE=The Purist]I used to light farts in college. Try it, it works and its great fun. To be safe I would recommend wearing jeans (the gas easily comes through the denim and the material is slow to ignite). High pressure farts are far safer than a slow oozing fart. I saw a guy char his shirt because the gas just kept coming out.[/QUOTE]

My older cousin who graduated from Caltech in the '50's taught me to light them. I think it was taught in an elective course there. It is amazing how they will burn in different colors depending on what you have eaten recently. I've gotten everything from bright orange like Napalm to a silvery blue glow that shimmered like distant lightning in the fog.
  • 05-12-2010
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=The Purist][B]I used to light farts in college[/B]. Try it, it works and its great fun. To be safe I would recommend wearing jeans (the gas easily comes through the denim and the material is slow to ignite). High pressure farts are far safer than a slow oozing fart. I saw a guy char his shirt because the gas just kept coming out.[/QUOTE]

What made you quit?
  • 05-12-2010
    daveperkins

Youtube is clogged up with videos of idiots lighting farts.. and many are drunk and set themselves on fire.

Great fun. :-)