• 12-14-2010
    The Purist
    Best Irons under $500 (Its Christmas Time!)
    Its the time of year when many budding hackers decide its time to get their first set irons. Think back to the days when you first started playing golf with some old hand me down set, and thought "I bet I could break a 100 if a got a decent set of irons." Maybe these rookies are out reading irons reviews on this website, and have noticed that every set they look at has glowing reviews and promises of massive distance and consistency gains. Maybe, they have even thought about asking for advice in the forum section, but don't have the patience to wait for their account to be activated...in the internet age, people need instant feedback on this major decision. What advice would you give them?

Keep in mind, demoing is probably not an option for these people (possibly a wife or parent is the one trying to decide what to get their new golfer) and they are probably too new to the golf world to confidently buy used.

Note to rookies and lurkers, go ahead an sign up for an account and get back to us with some feedback when your account finally gets approved.

Merry Christmas!
  • 12-15-2010
    jt1135
    For 499 I would opt for the tour edge xcg-3. Hit them in the net a couple of weeks ago and they didn't feel too bad. If a person had to buy new. Always ebay tho for used.
  • 12-15-2010
    Horseballs
    I can totally put myself back in time to those days. I was a mere lad of 19 years old, broke as a hobo, using my dad's clubs. Driver, 3w, 5w, 3, 5, 7, 9, SW, putter. The string wrapped around the driver hosel was loose, and I'd have to wrap it around the head about 50 times before I could swing. The sandwedge was so rusty there were pitted holes all over the sole (and no, it did not help with spin). The leather bag weighed 100 lbs. and had no shoulder strap. I thought golf shoes were for pusssies.
    My parents bought me a 12 piece set of Arnold Palmer golf clubs. Steel head driver and woods. Brand spanking new. That was pure joy.
    I wouldn't have been nearly as excited to unwrap a used set of quality irons, even if they were better.
  • 12-15-2010
    The Purist
    [QUOTE=Horseballs]I can totally put myself back in time to those days. I was a mere lad of 19 years old, broke as a hobo, using my dad's clubs. Driver, 3w, 5w, 3, 5, 7, 9, SW, putter. The string wrapped around the driver hosel was loose, and I'd have to wrap it around the head about 50 times before I could swing. The sandwedge was so rusty there were pitted holes all over the sole (and no, it did not help with spin). The leather bag weighed 100 lbs. and had no shoulder strap. I thought golf shoes were for pusssies.
    My parents bought me a 12 piece set of Arnold Palmer golf clubs. Steel head driver and woods. Brand spanking new. That was pure joy.
    I wouldn't have been nearly as excited to unwrap a used set of quality irons, even if they were better.[/QUOTE]
    My parents bought me a 12 piece set also (I was probably 20). I had the spalding tour impact driver through pw...I think 3 or 4 of the cast hosels broke...the flimsy graphite shafts were stronger than the iron material.

My next step up purchase was the TM RAS irons. I still had no clue about equipment, but was impressed with how far they went on the launch monitor at Dicks (had no clue about strong lofts or how inaccurate those things were...er still are), plus they had those sweet gel inserts.
  • 12-15-2010
    Horseballs
    [QUOTE=The Purist]My parents bought me a 12 piece set also (I was probably 20). I had the spalding tour impact driver through pw...I think 3 or 4 of the cast hosels broke...the flimsy graphite shafts were stronger than the iron material.

My next step up purchase was the TM RAS irons. I still had no clue about equipment, but was impressed with how far they went on the launch monitor at Dicks (had no clue about strong lofts or how inaccurate those things were...er still are), plus they had those sweet gel inserts.[/QUOTE]
    I had steel shafts in the woods and all 3 broke within a couple years. My next set of irons were a graduation present to myself, Titleist DC1 O+. That was my first actual quality gear.
  • 12-15-2010
    Pky6471
    [QUOTE=Horseballs]I had steel shafts in the woods and all 3 broke within a couple years. My next set of irons were a graduation present to myself, Titleist DC1 O+. That was my first actual quality gear.[/QUOTE]
    I bought myself a new set of "Canon" clubs... some of you may have remembered this name, everyone laughed at me because all irons look like hybrid/wood. I still have them and I will take pictures for fun
  • 12-15-2010
    golfaholic
    I bought my MP60's for that......
  • 12-15-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    With $500, there are several ways you could go. One would be to make a downpayment on a wedge and then wait around until you have another $100. Another approach would be to pay the $500 and finance the rest assuming you can negotiate good credit terms. Libor +1% 60 months isn't bad for a car loan these days. The latter approach is way smarter because then you wouldn't have to wait to make all the shots.
  • 12-15-2010
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]With $500, there are several ways you could go. One would be to make a downpayment on a wedge and then wait around until you have another $100. Another approach would be to pay the $500 and finance the rest assuming you can negotiate good credit terms. Libor +1% 60 months isn't bad for a car loan these days. The latter approach is way smarter because then you wouldn't have to wait to make all the shots.[/QUOTE]

But won't you need three wedges to complete the set and play all the shots. How are you financing the other $1,300?
  • 12-15-2010
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=Horseballs][B]I can totally put myself back in time to those days.[/B] I was a mere lad of 19 years old, broke as a hobo, using my dad's clubs. Driver, 3w, 5w, 3, 5, 7, 9, SW, putter. The string wrapped around the driver hosel was loose, and I'd have to wrap it around the head about 50 times before I could swing. The sandwedge was so rusty there were pitted holes all over the sole (and no, it did not help with spin). The leather bag weighed 100 lbs. and had no shoulder strap. I thought golf shoes were for pusssies.
    I wouldn't have been nearly as excited to unwrap a used set of quality irons, even if they were better.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

I had a hand me down set that was a mixture of Dunlop/Spalding and Maxfli woods and blades. I didn't have a driver but I had a 2 wood, 4 wood and 5 wood and these were real woods, not metal woods. In the irons I had 3, 4, 5, 7 & 9, no wedges, Dave Pelz would be appalled!.

As I went around different golf clubs I would look in the bargain bin and gradually added a 6 & 8 iron and a pitching wedge. Never owned a proper sand wedge. I then shouted myself one of those fan dangled flash new metal three woods. That baby was the business!!!

I harboured dreams of getting a full set of new clubs i.e. D, 3w, 5w, 3-SW & putter but I headed overseas instead and hardly picked up a golf club for the next 10 years.

When I finally came back to the game about 5 years ago intent on getting myself that dream set I was thoroughly confused with all the weird and wonderful new clubs they were throwing at me that I'd never heard of, Gap wedges, Lob Wedges, hybrids to replace the 3 & 4 irons??? WTF??? :confused:

Just give me the traditional setup will ya!!!

I bought myself a full set of Hippo clubs that were Ok beginner clubs. Then I discovered GR Reviews and Forums, bought some Cleveland clubs and the rest is history. :)
  • 12-15-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player]But won't you need three wedges to complete the set and play all the shots. How are you financing the other $1,300?[/QUOTE]

Right as usual. I was assuming the peron's entire net worth plus credit capacity was $600. But if it's actually $1,800 then absolutely.
  • 12-15-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=The Purist]Its the time of year when many budding hackers decide its time to get their first set irons. Think back to the days when you first started playing golf with some old hand me down set, and thought "I bet I could break a 100 if a got a decent set of irons." Maybe these rookies are out reading irons reviews on this website, and have noticed that every set they look at has glowing reviews and promises of massive distance and consistency gains. Maybe, they have even thought about asking for advice in the forum section, but don't have the patience to wait for their account to be activated...in the internet age, people need instant feedback on this major decision. What advice would you give them?

Keep in mind, demoing is probably not an option for these people (possibly a wife or parent is the one trying to decide what to get their new golfer) and they are probably too new to the golf world to confidently buy used.

Note to rookies and lurkers, go ahead an sign up for an account and get back to us with some feedback when your account finally gets approved.

Merry Christmas![/quote]

With the economy the way it is you can get great deals on irons for less than $499. Rockbottomgolf has the Callaway 2009 X Forged for $399. You can get Ping i10's for $499. Callaway X18j irons for $329. I just got my Ping Eye 2 BeCu irons, 3-SW in like new condition of Craigslist for $200. Single best deal I've ever gotten on used clubs.
  • 12-15-2010
    jmtbkr
    Hi

Rookie here. Been playing about a year now. I started with a cheepo e-pay set and over the summer bought a set of Callaway X-20's(steel shafts) for $400. Made a huge diff in my iron play. Instead of those crappy, whippy clubs, I suddenly found control. It has measureably upped my performance and love of golf.
  • 12-15-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]With the economy the way it is you can get great deals on irons for less than $499. Rockbottomgolf has the Callaway 2009 X Forged for $399. You can get Ping i10's for $499. Callaway X18j irons for $329. I just got my Ping Eye 2 BeCu irons, 3-SW in like new condition of Craigslist for $200. Single best deal I've ever gotten on used clubs.[/QUOTE]

Gee... whoever thought Ping and Callaway clubs would be the ones dominating retail fire sales?
  • 12-15-2010
    The Purist
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]Gee... whoever thought Ping and Callaway clubs would be the ones dominating retail fire sales?[/QUOTE]
    Speaking of fire. How about the Max Fire Golf Set? You think Grandall1983 is still happy with his starter set?
  • 12-15-2010
    Not a hacker
    I srated golf as a 12 year old by sneaking onto the local course at sun up, and playing the holes at the top of the course away from the clubhouse til the greenskeepers chased us off. I used to be one of those annoying kids who spent their spare time in the dam diving for golf balls, and trying to sell them to local golfers walking past, so the progression to playing was a natural one. Back then I used a borrowed set of Slazenger Ben Hogan blades 3,5,7,9, some sort of Spadling pw, and the Slazenger Ben Hogan persimmon 3w. Great days.

A few years later when I moved to Sydney and joined a club I had a set of Jack Newton J1000 clubs, 3w, 3,5,7,9,sw. I also remember my first pair of shoes had those leather flap things on top, and were brown. They looked a lot like the Judges shoes, except mine weren't fine leather, and they didn't have a wax build up.

P.S. For $500 you could get a set of Ping G10 knockoffs, and still have enough change for a 20% down payment on a set of wedges.
  • 12-15-2010
    rooboy
    Bought my mp52's for that - brand new
  • 12-15-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=lorenzoinoc]Gee... whoever thought Ping and Callaway clubs would be the ones dominating retail fire sales?[/quote]

I was just mentioning a few sets. You can get the Mizuno MX-300 for $499 now. I'll put my Pings up against your clubs anytime you want to drive south and have a match.
  • 12-15-2010
    Not a hacker
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]I was just mentioning a few sets. You can get the Mizuno MX-300 for $499 now. I'll put my Pings up against your clubs anytime you want to drive south and have a match.[/QUOTE]
    If you issue a challenge on GR you must accompany the challenge with "feeling froggy?". C'mon FD, you know the rules.
  • 12-15-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=Not a hacker]If you issue a challenge on GR you must accompany the challenge with "feeling froggy?". C'mon FD, you know the rules.[/quote]

True, but every time someone issues a challenge with "feeling froggy" the event never seem to take place. He has made fun of the fact that I still use remote controls with wires connected to them and then made fun of my idea to tape a TV remote and a VCR remote together for convenience. That's declaring war in my book. And so, let everyone here take notice, I hereby challenge Lorenzo to a match of 18 holes, no handicaps in match play format. If I lose I'll give up my 8 track tape collection that includes great groups like The Silvers, George Harrison and ELO.
  • 12-15-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]I was just mentioning a few sets. You can get the Mizuno MX-300 for $499 now. I'll put my Pings up against your clubs anytime you want to drive south and have a match.[/QUOTE]

I have to drive there?

Tell you what, as long as we're s.hit talking, my grandma could kick your grandma's ass with a couple of strands of spaghetti.
  • 12-15-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=lorenzoinoc]I have to drive there?

Tell you what, as long as we're s.hit talking, my grandma could kick your grandma's ass with a couple of strands of spaghetti.[/quote]

My grandma was a fantastic cook and made the best chicken and porkchops that I had ever tasted. I wouldn't put her Italian dishes against your grandma's but as far as good American home cooking she was amazing .

Maybe we could make it a threesome with Larry at one of the many country clubs he professes to play.
  • 12-15-2010
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=Horseballs][B]I can totally put myself back in time to those days. [/B] I was a mere lad of 19 years old, broke as a hobo, using my dad's clubs. Driver, 3w, 5w, 3, 5, 7, 9, SW, putter. The string wrapped around the driver hosel was loose, and I'd have to wrap it around the head about 50 times before I could swing. The sandwedge was so rusty there were pitted holes all over the sole (and no, it did not help with spin). The leather bag weighed 100 lbs. and had no shoulder strap. I thought golf shoes were for pusssies.

Yeah, . . . . . . . memories. I remember I rubbed my first one out in the shower in 6th grade. I felt up a girl for the first time on a school bus coming home from a basketball game in 7th grade. You'd think as early as I started with my sexuality that I would have lost my virginity a lot earlier, but I would have to wait until I was 16 years old before I got laid. I wasn't content with one frolic though as I got off three times that night and tried for 4, but she was sore. I'll never forget my first 10 time day, it happened, . . . . . . . er, . . . . . . sorry, I got sidetracked.

[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f0/shy.gif[/img]
  • 12-15-2010
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=SoonerBS]Yeah, . . . . . . . memories. I remember I rubbed my first one out in the shower in 6th grade. I felt up a girl for the first time on a school bus coming home from a basketball game in 7th grade. You'd think as early as I started with my sexuality that I would have lost my virginity a lot earlier, but I would have to wait until I was 16 years old before I got laid. I wasn't content with one frolic though as I got off three times that night and tried for 4, but she was sore. I'll never forget my first 10 time day, it happened, . . . . . . . er, . . . . . . sorry, I got sidetracked.

[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f0/shy.gif[/img][/QUOTE]

Lorenzo has the patent on bragging about sexual exploits on this forum. Did you clear this post with him first?
  • 12-15-2010
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player]Lorenzo has the patent on bragging about sexual exploits on this forum. Did you clear this post with him first?[/QUOTE]

I am merrily a follower of my liege's fine example . . . . .
  • 12-15-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=Kiwi Player]Lorenzo has the patent on bragging about sexual exploits on this forum. Did you clear this post with him first?[/quote]

What Sooner didn't tell us was that while rubbing one out his fantasy was breaking 80 on the golf course. I guess some fantasies never die.
  • 12-15-2010
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]What Sooner didn't tell us was that while rubbing one out his fantasy was breaking 80 on the golf course. I guess some fantasies never die.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't afford to golf until I was well past puberty . . . . . . . . . . . . . around the age of 34.
  • 12-15-2010
    The Purist
    [QUOTE=jmtbkr]Hi

Rookie here. Been playing about a year now. I started with a cheepo e-pay set and over the summer bought a set of Callaway X-20's(steel shafts) for $400. Made a huge diff in my iron play. Instead of those crappy, whippy clubs, I suddenly found control. It has measureably upped my performance and love of golf.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum. I think the $400 range is a good price point for golfers just starting out. Especially considering that even though the designs change slightly from year to year, there hasn't been any major changes to iron technology in years (decades really)...most of the sets in the $400 range are just a year or two behind the current releases.
  • 12-15-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=The Purist]Welcome to the forum. I think the $400 range is a good price point for golfers just starting out. Especially considering that even though the designs change slightly from year to year, there hasn't been any major changes to iron technology in years (decades really)...most of the sets in the $400 range are just a year or two behind the current releases.[/quote]

It seems like all you need if you are a beginner is a good cheap starter set until you can start hitting the ball and get it in the air. Most true beginners can barely make contact with the ball.
  • 12-16-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player]Lorenzo has the patent on bragging about sexual exploits on this forum. Did you clear this post with him first?[/QUOTE]

Any married guy gets automatic sympathy clearance on that.
  • 12-16-2010
    12sandwich
    [QUOTE=The Purist]Its the time of year when many budding hackers decide its time to get their first set irons. Think back to the days when you first started playing golf with some old hand me down set, and thought "I bet I could break a 100 if a got a decent set of irons." Maybe these rookies are out reading irons reviews on this website, and have noticed that every set they look at has glowing reviews and promises of massive distance and consistency gains. Maybe, they have even thought about asking for advice in the forum section, but don't have the patience to wait for their account to be activated...in the internet age, people need instant feedback on this major decision. What advice would you give them?

Merry Christmas![/QUOTE] I started playing fairly serious golf in 1978 when I joined the high school golf team, Go Redskins. I had to mooch, my Dads set of 1970s model Wilson 1200 irons, and he had a rare, then, Wilson 1200 driver with a graphite shaft. I shot nothing but 70s back then, and of course only walked. I had some Ping copies in the 80s.
  • 12-16-2010
    poe4soul
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]Gee... whoever thought Ping and Callaway clubs would be the ones dominating retail fire sales?[/QUOTE]

What no Nike on the list? They used to be the cheapest fire sale clubs out there.
  • 12-16-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=poe4soul]What no Nike on the list? They used to be the cheapest fire sale clubs out there.[/QUOTE]

The ones that don't sell go straight to the barge to be dumped off-shore.
  • 12-16-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=12sandwich]I started playing fairly serious golf in 1978 when I joined the high school golf team, Go Redskins. I had to mooch, my Dads set of 1970s model Wilson 1200 irons, and he had a rare, then, Wilson 1200 driver with a graphite shaft. I shot nothing but 70s back then, and of course only walked. I had some Ping copies in the 80s.[/quote]

Sandwich, my dad also played the Wilson 1200 irons back in the late 70's and kept them all the way until around 1990. They were the ones that had a little circle insert on the back made of metal. I think one of them eventually fell out. He actually chose the 1200 over the Staffs.
  • 12-16-2010
    famousdavis
    Went to Golfmart today. Hit some Mizuno MP-32 irons with DGS 300 shafts. They were in fine shape with new grips for $199. Is that a good price for them? No scratches or dings on them and no chrome peeling or rusting. I'd rate them 8.5/10. Just some bag wear and probably 30 rounds on them.
  • 12-16-2010
    jetdriver
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]Sandwich, my dad also played the Wilson 1200 irons back in the late 70's and kept them all the way until around 1990. They were the ones that had a little circle insert on the back made of metal. I think one of them eventually fell out. He actually chose the 1200 over the Staffs.[/QUOTE]
    That would be the 1200 LTs. They look funky but they are sweet and acurate with unbelivable awsome feel. I tried them once side by side with the Ping eye 2s and I think they were better. However they are ugly and have that weight that can fall out...Plus, did I say they were ugly?
  • 12-16-2010
    famousdavis
    1 Attachment(s)
    [quote=jetdriver]That would be the 1200 LTs. They look funky but they are sweet and acurate with unbelivable awsome feel. I tried them once side by side with the Ping eye 2s and I think they were better. However they are ugly and have that weight that can fall out...Plus, did I say they were ugly?[/quote]

Yep, here's a photo:
  • 12-16-2010
    jt1135
    Remember the first shot of leg that I had. Late bloomer, wasn't till I was eighteen with the local small town punching bag. Got the clap, went in to the docs and got this HUGE needle of penicillen shot in my arse then had to go and kick start my bike. Life was not good that day.
  • 12-16-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=jt1135]Remember the first shot of leg that I had. Late bloomer, wasn't till I was eighteen with the local small town punching bag. Got the clap, went in to the docs and got this HUGE needle of penicillen shot in my arse then had to go and kick start my bike. Life was not good that day.[/quote]

My first experience was this hooker down on Mermaid Avenue. $5 and all you can eat.
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    I've been back since

Who am I kidding I'm down there 3-4 times a week!
  • 12-16-2010
    jt1135
    Kind of remind you of eating oysters?
  • 12-16-2010
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]Any married guy gets automatic sympathy clearance on that.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, your Highness . . . . . . [img]http://th573.photobucket.com/albums/ss180/marjanv1/th_smiley-girl-bowing.gif[/img]
  • 12-16-2010
    jetdriver
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]Yep, here's a photo:[/QUOTE]
    Yes, that be the sweet ugly of which I speak! I learned to hit driver with the wood from that set. The woods were actually quite pretty. They were black and had a see through resin insert on the face with the 1200 logo deep in there. It and its 3 wood still hang in my garage golf-ho museum.
  • 12-16-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=jetdriver]Yes, that be the sweet ugly of which I speak! I learned to hit driver with the wood from that set. The woods were actually quite pretty. They were black and had a see through resin insert on the face with the 1200 logo deep in there. It and its 3 wood still hang in my garage golf-ho museum.[/quote]

Back then was the 1200 LT considered one of their premium clubs are was it a discount club like it is today?
  • 12-16-2010
    jetdriver
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]Back then was the 1200 LT considered one of their premium clubs are was it a discount club like it is today?[/QUOTE]
    I do not know, perhaps Mongrel or old player will chime in on this question. I do know that some older clubs like the W/Staff tour blades, and the Tommy Armour 845s were not very expensive but turned out to be of superior quality and playability still today.
    I am a bit confused about Wilson in particular on this issue since I understand that the Staff line was their premium but they made a awsome non staff x31 line as well. I really do not know what the deal was.
  • 12-16-2010
    12sandwich
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]Yep, here's a photo:[/QUOTE]
    I dont believe thats the ones I was blessed with, from Ol dear Dad. These just said 1200 I believe, and had a kind of brass looking insert, with a polished finish. I often wonder what happened to them, after I beat them up. I assume he traded them on some ping eyes. Which he didnt have all that long, cause he bought some Hogan blades, with a hogan matching bag. I wouldnt touch them, they were so pretty at the time.
  • 12-17-2010
    oldplayer
    [QUOTE=jetdriver]I do not know, perhaps Mongrel or old player will chime in on this question. I do know that some older clubs like the W/Staff tour blades, and the Tommy Armour 845s were not very expensive but turned out to be of superior quality and playability still today.
    I am a bit confused about Wilson in particular on this issue since I understand that the Staff line was their premium but they made a awsome non staff x31 line as well. I really do not know what the deal was.[/QUOTE]
    It is my understanding that the 1200 line was not their premium line. Nor were they junk or even necessarily discount clubs, but they were a lower priced alternative. Their premium lines were the signiture sets. Sam Snead and Arnold Palmer staff blades and such like.
    It was really between the 60's and 80's that Wilson Staff blades were among the premium clubs on tour.
  • 12-17-2010
    12sandwich
    I was in a Golf USA, that is closing its doors, after a little over 2 years. Victim of the economic downfall. I could have easily put a complete nice bag together, for 500.00 They had some Adams a4 irons, Mizuno mp 67 used but nice, Callaway, Cleavland, Adams drivers, all on closeout.
  • 12-17-2010
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=12sandwich]I was in a Golf USA, that is closing its doors, after a little over 2 years. Victim of the economic downfall. I could have easily put a complete nice bag together, for 500.00 They had some Adams a4 irons, [B]Mizuno mp 67 used but nice[/B], Callaway, Cleavland, Adams drivers, all on closeout.[/QUOTE]

They get even better with age . . . . . .
  • 12-17-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=SoonerBS]They get even better with age . . . . . .[/quote]

I saw a set of MP-32 irons at Golfmart in what I'd call great condition for $199. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not but I was tempted. I need to give these a try for a few rounds.

I'm also considering a Titleist 905T 8.5 degree with Aldila NV-65 Reg Shaft for $59.
  • 12-17-2010
    The Purist
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]I saw a set of MP-32 irons at Golfmart in what I'd call great condition for $199. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not but I was tempted. I need to give these a try for a few rounds.

I'm also considering a Titleist 905T 8.5 degree with Aldila NV-65 Reg Shaft for $59.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I believe Horseballs and Omen still role with the 32s, and Lorenzo had them in the bag for a good while. I would say they are a bit more forgiving than the 67s but still have that nice GFF feel.
  • 12-17-2010
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=The Purist]Sounds like a pretty good deal. I believe Horseballs and Omen still role with the 32s, and Lorenzo had them in the bag for a good while. I would say they are a bit more forgiving than the 67s but still have that nice GFF feel.[/QUOTE]

I think even Zo when back to them after trying a few others. They are top notch.

Famousdavis bagging some MP-32's would represent a seismic shift in the blades vs shovels debate. Even NAH might reconsider the direction he has taken.
  • 12-17-2010
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]I saw a set of MP-32 irons at Golfmart in what I'd call great condition for $199. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not but I was tempted. I need to give these a try for a few rounds.

I'm also considering a Titleist 905T 8.5 degree with Aldila NV-65 Reg Shaft for $59.[/QUOTE]

Not bad at all, even if you have to bend and re-shaft them.