Omen2
    5 Attachment(s)
    my new golfing partner...
    [ATTACH]1950[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1951[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1953[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1954[/ATTACH]

His name is Kyle and he is 6 years old... that was his second time to ever hold a golf club. He seemed to like it. I hope that we have many more rounds together.

Omen
  • 12-07-2007
    golfaholic
    So, is this your son or next victum.
    Both?

JS
  • 12-07-2007
    Omen2
    of course he's my son
  • 12-07-2007
    golfaholic
    [QUOTE=Omen2]of course he's my son[/QUOTE]

How was I supose to know?

Could have met up with another man and HIS son.

Either way,

I hope he's playing stiff blades.
  • 12-07-2007
    Omen2
    of course he's playing mizuno blades... 33's to be exact
  • 12-07-2007
    SeldomInTheSlot
    [QUOTE=Omen2]of course he's playing mizuno blades... 33's to be exact[/QUOTE]
    Wouldn't the term be 'Mizuno blade' since he's only got one?
  • 12-07-2007
    golfaholic
    [QUOTE=SeldomInTheSlot]Wouldn't the term be 'Mizuno blade' since he's only got one?[/QUOTE]

And did you add the star to the club face or does that just mean that the club is Tour Issue?

Curious,

JS
  • 12-07-2007
    dorkman53
    Is he one of the new moderators?

He sort of looks like the kind of guy who would lock or delete Teesee and Viet Nam threads........
  • 12-07-2007
    Omen2
    he only carries the 7 iron because with slight alterations in ball/ hand positions he can play it as effectively as if he had all 8. the star is from the company that refurbishes the face every 6 months for him... if you only use one club every time and you hit the dead center every time they have to fix it often.
  • 12-07-2007
    lorenzoinoc
    That's great stuff, I have a similar playing partner. It looks like he's spending most of his time in the bunkers. Bet I know who's giving him lessons.
  • 12-07-2007
    dld6928
    I recognize the star, and also the colored bag gives away, that he's using the "color coded" series of kid's clubs. My son has the "red bag", i.e. size 0, I think the blue bag is size 1.

I forget the name of the company, but they make about 5 or 6 colors, for kids from 3 to about 14. It's a great system - the clubs get longer, and the sets larger, as the kid progresses.
  • 12-08-2007
    Macgregor
    2 shot penalty for grounding his club in the bunker. Send him to bed with the rule book.
  • 12-09-2007
    bassplayer7770
    That's awesome. My oldest daughter is 3, and I bought her a Cleveland wedge for Xmas. I hope to start taking her to the range next year. I'll do my best to make it fun, so I hope she enjoys it...
  • 12-09-2007
    pingman360
    [QUOTE=bassplayer7770]That's awesome. My oldest daughter is 3, and I bought her a Cleveland wedge for Xmas. I hope to start taking her to the range next year. I'll do my best to make it fun, so I hope she enjoys it...[/QUOTE]

haha maybe you should give her the mac wedge and you should keep the better cleveland wedge... lol
  • 12-09-2007
    bassplayer7770
    [QUOTE=pingman360]haha maybe you should give her the mac wedge and you should keep the better cleveland wedge... lol[/QUOTE]

First, the Mac isn't as bad as you might think. Second, the Cleveland is a Junior wedge, so it wouldn't work for me. LOL
  • 12-09-2007
    pingman360
    [QUOTE=bassplayer7770]First, the Mac isn't as bad as you might think. Second, the Cleveland is a Junior wedge, so it wouldn't work for me. LOL[/QUOTE]

haha i guess it may be a little too heavy for ya then... jk

no but i was just messin with ya... mac used to be fairly well played but has dropped off recently or so im told...
  • 12-10-2007
    bassplayer7770
    [QUOTE=pingman360]no but i was just messin with ya... mac used to be fairly well played but has dropped off recently or so im told...[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain Burrows Golf went out of business... However, the MAC Tour Bounce wedges are "5 of 5" with 5 reviews on this site.
  • 12-10-2007
    Horseballs
    [QUOTE=bassplayer7770]I'm fairly certain Burrows Golf went out of business... However, the MAC Tour Bounce wedges are "5 of 5" with 5 reviews on this site.[/QUOTE]
    Omen, that's awesome your son is interested in golf already. He'll thank you when he's older.
    bassplayer7770, I wouldn't cite GR review ratings as evidence of a club's worth. Almost every club is given 5 of 5. If you like it, that's good enough. Pingman drills holes in his wedges, for chripes sake.
  • 12-10-2007
    bassplayer7770
    [QUOTE=Horseballs]bassplayer7770, I wouldn't cite GR review ratings as evidence of a club's worth. Almost every club is given 5 of 5. If you like it, that's good enough. Pingman drills holes in his wedges, for chripes sake.[/QUOTE]

There were some players on another forum who thought highly of them too, but the reviews on this site are just easier to find. :p
  • 12-10-2007
    pingman360
    [QUOTE=Horseballs] Pingman drills holes in his wedges [/QUOTE]

wanna bet on that one??? my wedges have no holes in them... i did that to expirament b/c i talked to some pro's at a few tournaments i went to this summer who had done this and said it lowered their ball flight a bit i found out how to do it online and tried it... i didnt drill any holes on my clevelands just on a few walmart wedges i went out and got for this very purpose... i elected not to do this as it didnt lower my ball flight significantly... nice try though...
  • 12-12-2007
    ericandleiza
    What a great image! where are you 2 playing at? It is cold in Kansas where I live and we have not been able to play for almost 3 weeks.