• 04-17-2012
    jmtbkr
    2 fast 2 furious
    8 1/2
    101 dalmations
    8 mile
  • 04-17-2012
    famousdavis
    You know, I'd really appreciate it if you bozos could just follow the rules for once. OK, here we go again:

One flew over the cuckoo's nest

Two mules for sister sarah

Three Amigos.....
  • 04-17-2012
    Horseballs
    For Your Eyes Only.

Maybe it's a generational thing, but Roger Moore is the best James Bond, IMO.
  • 04-17-2012
    BrianMcG
    [QUOTE=Horseballs;268731]For Your Eyes Only.

Maybe it's a generational thing, but Roger Moore is the best James Bond, IMO.[/QUOTE]

The first movie I ever went to was Moonracker. I really liked Jaws in that.

I'm just glad to have survived the Pierce Brosnan phase. Those were difficult to watch.

I also prefer Shimano to Campagnolo.
  • 04-17-2012
    famousdavis
    Five minutes of heaven, Five for fighting (live), and Bad Girls V

Sixth sense, Sixteen Candles, 666,

Seven, Seventh Heaven, The Seventh Sense

8 mile, The Eighth Sense (the one where Bruce Willis comes back), Ocho Mile (spanish)
  • 04-17-2012
    Horseballs
    [QUOTE=BrianMcG;268732]The first movie I ever went to was Moonracker. I really liked Jaws in that.

I'm just glad to have survived the Pierce Brosnan phase. Those were difficult to watch.

I also prefer Shimano to Campagnolo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember seeing that movie and being blown away by how awesome the special effects were. Then I watched a bit of it a few years ago and was blown away by how terrible the effects were.
    I also saw Clash of the Titans in the theater with my dad and brothers. My dad wanted to see Raiders of the Lost Ark, but we convinced him otherwise. We all thought Clash was badass, but he knew it was garbage, and seemed a little pissed about it.
  • 04-17-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=Horseballs;268734]Yeah, I remember seeing that movie and being blown away by how awesome the special effects were. Then I watched a bit of it a few years ago and was blown away by how terrible the effects were.
    I also saw Clash of the Titans in the theater with my dad and brothers. My dad wanted to see Raiders of the Lost Ark, but we convinced him otherwise. We all thought Clash was badass, but he knew it was garbage, and seemed a little pissed about it.[/QUOTE]

I was watching the 4th installement of the Raiders of the Arc series on TV the other day. I was dumbfounded to see that the special effects were worse than they were in 1980. Everything looked completely fake. I think computer-generated special effects have made the sequals to movies like Star Wars, Raiders of the lost Arc and other look worse rather than better. You know when you're seeing it. Also, you can't make computer generated action heros. It doesn't work. The Hulk was horrible.
  • 04-17-2012
    Home-slicer
    9 1/2 weeks
    Ten
    12 Monkeys
    Got nuthin for 11
  • 04-17-2012
    lorenzoinoc
    [LEFT]Eleven Dildos For Sister Sarah (x rated titles have all the numbers covered)
    Then there's Ocean's Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen.
    Apollo Thirteen also.

[/LEFT]
  • 04-17-2012
    CPS

Maybe it's a generational thing, but Roger Moore is the best James Bond, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you said that... it seems like it's against the "rules" to think Moore was the best Bond.
  • 04-17-2012
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=CPS;268743]I'm glad you said that... it seems like it's against the "rules" to think Moore was the best Bond.[/QUOTE]

Interesting you guys feel that way. I always thought Moore was smarmy, doughy and feminine. As a result his movies became almost parodies with a TV movie kind of feel.

Daniel Craig's intensity has revived the genre and the Blu-Rays are reference quality. BTW, Skyfall was to be released this year and still might subject to MGM's financial problems.
  • 04-17-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=Home-slicer;268737]9 1/2 weeks
    Ten
    12 Monkeys
    Got nuthin for 11[/QUOTE]

There was a movie named 11:14. One of Patrick Swayze's last movies. It was actually pretty good. It's one of those movies where there are all these separate characters and events that all lead up to the same big event.
  • 04-17-2012
    mongrel

No way, Jose.
  • 04-17-2012
    mongrel
    [QUOTE=famousdavis;268729]You know, I'd really appreciate it if you bozos could just follow the rules for once. OK, here we go again:

Three Amigos.....[/QUOTE]

..............451 Fahrenheit............
  • 04-17-2012
    jt1135
    Don't know exactly where we are at but how about 16 candles.
  • 04-17-2012
    poe4soul
    Pi. .
  • 04-18-2012
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=famousdavis;268729]You know, I'd really appreciate it if you bozos could just follow the rules for once. OK, here we go again:

Three Amigos.....[/QUOTE]

Four weddings and a funeral.

Do you yanks know that one?
  • 04-18-2012
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc;268744]Interesting you guys feel that way. I always thought Moore was smarmy, doughy and feminine. As a result his movies became almost parodies with a TV movie kind of feel.

Daniel Craig's intensity has revived the genre and the Blu-Rays are reference quality. BTW, Skyfall was to be released this year and still might subject to MGM's financial problems.[/QUOTE]

I liked Moore and Moonraker was one of my favourites but I must admit they were like parodies. Octo***** was almost spoof like.

Agree Daniel Craig has revived the series.
  • 04-18-2012
    Horseballs
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player;268775]

Agree Daniel Craig has revived the series.[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with that. Craig's Bond seems like a classless oaf. 007 is supposed to be a refined Englishman, not some soccer hooligan. And let's face it, there are really only 2 types of Englishmen. Poofters and soccer hooligans. Bond was/should be a poofter.
  • 04-18-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=Horseballs;268793]Can't agree with that. Craig's Bond seems like a classless oaf. 007 is supposed to be a refined Englishman, not some soccer hooligan. And let's face it, there are really only 2 types of Englishmen. Poofters and soccer hooligans. Bond was/should be a poofter.[/QUOTE]

Sean Connery was the best bond and Craig is second best. Roger Moore looks like a waiter at a french restaurant. Moonraker, however, was indeed a great movie at the time. The Jaws character is great and the opening scene where they jump out of a plane was amazing. Another great scene in that movie is the boat chase in the Amazon.
  • 04-18-2012
    Horseballs
    [QUOTE=famousdavis;268812]Sean Connery was the best bond and Craig is second best. Roger Moore looks like a waiter at a french restaurant. Moonraker, however, was indeed a great movie at the time. The Jaws character is great and the opening scene where they jump out of a plane was amazing. Another great scene in that movie is the boat chase in the Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Moore's Bond movies were the best. This is not up for debate.
  • 04-18-2012
    mongrel
    [QUOTE=famousdavis;268812][B][I]Sean Connery was the best bond and Craig is second best. [/I][/B]Roger Moore looks like a waiter at a french restaurant. Moonraker, however, was indeed a great movie at the time. The Jaws character is great and the opening scene where they jump out of a plane was amazing. Another great scene in that movie is the boat chase in the Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct. No debate about it. Roger Moore looks like a celebrity's partner on DWTS.
  • 04-18-2012
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=mongrel;268824]Absolutely correct. No debate about it. Roger Moore looks like a celebrity's partner on DWTS.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Bruno would have to be tethered, gagged and plugged with a bowling pin, like at home. Len would complain about Moore's stiffness in about the only setting where he wouldn't love it.

Noone could possibly ever touch Connery, it's why Moore parodied the role. But the really interesting thing about the series of morphing Bond characters is how they've tended to represent what men would aspire to be at the time.

Connery helped usher in the sexual revolution with no fear, regrets or awkwardness, only a cool which pushed the definition of cool. Moore was the post 60-s unisex father figure. Maturity was an attribute at that time. Brosnan had no arms, they were like string, I can't explain him.

Craig is angry because he got screwed out of s.hit so is going out, kicking ass and shooting people whether he needs to or not. That's what American guys relate to today.

Gun sales in this country are at the moment skyrocketing. Many of the most popular weapons aren't available for inventory and some manufacturers have announced they won't be taking any more orders during 2012. Americans want a Bond today who'll fire his weapon like they would if they could.
  • 04-18-2012
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=Horseballs;268793]Can't agree with that. Craig's Bond seems like a classless oaf. [B]007 is supposed to be a refined Englishman[/B], not some soccer hooligan. And let's face it, there are really only 2 types of Englishmen. Poofters and soccer hooligans. Bond was/should be a poofter.[/QUOTE]

But Connery was a gibbering Scotsman FFS. Chicks seem to love him but he's a totally overrated actor in my book. And how can you rate any bloke that is comfortable wearing a skirt?

[IMG]http://johndenugent.org/images/sean-connery-in-kilt-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • 04-18-2012
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player;268836]But Connery was a gibbering Scotsman FFS. Chicks seem to love him but he's a totally overrated actor in my book. And how can you rate any bloke that is comfortable wearing a skirt?

[/QUOTE]

Allow me to change your mind on Sean Connery. Yeah there's stuff you won't want to listen to but the gems are in there.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57jhsHyq1K4[/URL]
  • 04-18-2012
    mongrel
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player;268836]But Connery was a gibbering Scotsman FFS. Chicks seem to love him but he's a totally overrated actor in my book. And how can you rate any bloke that is comfortable wearing a skirt?

When my son was two years old, the only way to get him to go to sleep at night was to sit with him and watch one of two Disney movies we had on tape. [I]Dumbo[/I or [I]Darby O'Gill and the Little People[/I]]. The latter starred Sean Connery when he looked to be in his early 20's. A song-and-dance man with a single digit 'cap.
  • 04-19-2012
    Not a hacker
    You guys are forgetting George Lazenby. Only one movie but arguably the best of the franchise. If you read the books Bond is a mysoginistic mans man and Lazenby fits the bill perfectly.
  • 04-19-2012
    jt1135
    Personally, the very worst of the Bond portrayers was Timothy Dalton.
  • 04-19-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=jt1135;268906]Personally, the very worst of the Bond portrayers was Timothy Dalton.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And what made it even worse was the fact that the group A-ha! sang the opening song. I think Duran Duran did the next one.

I always thought they should have had Mel Gibson play James Bond back in the late 80's, early 90's. Not now, of course.
  • 04-19-2012
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=famousdavis;268908]Agreed. And what made it even worse was the fact that the group A-ha! sang the opening song. I think Duran Duran did the next one.

I always thought they should have had Mel Gibson play James Bond back in the late 80's, early 90's. Not now, of course.[/QUOTE]

NAH said Bond was supposed to be a mysoginist not a wife beating anti semitic Jew baiter.
  • 04-19-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player;268918]NAH said Bond was supposed to be a mysoginist not a wife beating anti semitic Jew baiter.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't put down Mad Max. You should be a fan after all.
  • 04-19-2012
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player;268918]NAH said Bond was supposed to be a mysoginist not a wife beating anti semitic Jew baiter.[/QUOTE]

I hope Mel Gibson's happy with himself. Now that he can't get his taxes done or his money managed. I imagine he can still visit the doctor, just not one that's been circumcised.
  • 04-19-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc;268936]I hope Mel Gibson's happy with himself. Now that he can't get his taxes done or his money managed. I imagine he can still visit the doctor, just not one that's been circumcised.[/QUOTE]

I always thought Mel was a pretty good actor for playing the role of a psychotic and depressed cop in Lethal Weapon. I'm not so impressed anymore knowing that he wasn't acting.
  • 04-19-2012
    lorenzoinoc
    [QUOTE=famousdavis;268943]I always thought Mel was a pretty good actor for playing the role of a psychotic and depressed cop in Lethal Weapon. I'm not so impressed anymore knowing that he wasn't acting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the real stretch for him would have been What Every Woman Wants.
  • 04-19-2012
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc;268828]Yes, Bruno would have to be tethered, gagged and plugged with a bowling pin, like at home. Len would complain about Moore's stiffness in about the only setting where he wouldn't love it.

[B]Noone could possibly ever touch Connery[/B], it's why Moore parodied the role. But the really interesting thing about the series of morphing Bond characters is how they've tended to represent what men would aspire to be at the time.

Connery helped usher in the sexual revolution with no fear, regrets or awkwardness, only a cool which pushed the definition of cool. Moore was the post 60-s unisex father figure. Maturity was an attribute at that time. Brosnan had no arms, they were like string, I can't explain him.

Craig is angry because he got screwed out of s.hit so is going out, kicking ass and shooting people whether he needs to or not. That's what American guys relate to today.

Gun sales in this country are at the moment skyrocketing. Many of the most popular weapons aren't available for inventory and some manufacturers have announced they won't be taking any more orders during 2012. Americans want a Bond today who'll fire his weapon like they would if they could.[/QUOTE]

This is INDEED true. Connery is the best James Bond and he also is Scottish and loves Golf, so that places him way past Roger Moore who is a Limey.
  • 04-19-2012
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc;268936]I hope Mel Gibson's happy with himself. Now that he can't get his taxes done or his money managed. I imagine he can still visit the doctor, just not one that's been circumcised.[/QUOTE]

I think Mel Gibson is a great actor and director. I love all of his movies. I even liked Apocolypto. Of course, he will always be held high in my sight because of his making of Braveheart. I don't care if it is not entirely true, the movie makes me damn proud to be Scottish, just like the movie The Quiet Man makes me damn proud to be Irish.

As a bit of personal insight and self confession, whenever he narrates at the end of the story and tells about the starved sons of Scotland entering the Battle and winning their freedom, I weep uncontrollably like a woman. I am comfortable in my manhood, so I have no problems telling you all this.
  • 04-19-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=SoonerBS;268957]I think Mel Gibson is a great actor and director. I love all of his movies. I even liked Apocolypto. Of course, he will always be held high in my sight because of his making of Braveheart. I don't care if it is not entirely true, the movie makes me damn proud to be Scottish, just like the movie The Quiet Man makes me damn proud to be Irish.

As a bit of personal insight and self confession, whenever he narrates at the end of the story and tells about the starved sons of Scotland entering the Battle and winning their freedom, I weep uncontrollably like a woman. I am comfortable in my manhood, so I have no problems telling you all this.[/QUOTE]

I always cry at the end of Shawshank Redemption