• 04-17-2012
    Pky6471
    Cleveland Launcher DST va Hibore XLS hybrid?
    Guys, Girls, AC-DC...
    Currently I have Hibore XLS 3i hybrid (I think 22*) and I really like it, so I want to ebay XLS 2i (I think 19*) if/when the price is right, but I also heard that the Launcher DST hybrid is as good , but not sure which gaybrid model is 18-19* and if DST would be as good as XLS. I think the Launcher DST 2i is 18* according to specs on internet...

Your thought? Thanks
  • 04-17-2012
    mongrel
    After playing only my second round in almost two years this past Sunday, my all time favourite hybrid is still the original Cobra Baffler 20* with stock Aldila HL stiff shaft that is proprietary for Cobra. All the others feel like crap to me.
  • 04-17-2012
    Kiwi Player
    I used to play the Halo 19 & 22 which is similar to the HiBore. I upgraded to the 18 & 20.5 Launcher Dst and gained ... nothing. :)

Don't get me wrong. I like both a lot and I'm happy with the Dst but I would have been fine sticking with the Halo too. They're both good IMHO.
  • 04-17-2012
    Lord Helmet
    [QUOTE=Kiwi Player;268761]I used to play the Halo 19 & 22 which is similar to the HiBore. I upgraded to the 18 & 20.5 Launcher Dst and gained ... nothing. :)

Don't get me wrong. I like both a lot and I'm happy with the Dst but I would have been fine sticking with the Halo too. They're both good IMHO.[/QUOTE]

pk - listen to kiwi here.
  • 04-18-2012
    Pky6471
    Thanks guys, girls, AC-DC...
    I am not looking for an upgrade, I just want a 18*-19* gaybrid to fill the gap between my 3W and 22* Hibore XLS gaybrid, currently I use Callay FT-square 5W to fill that gap, I just wanna try a gaybrid in place of 5W
  • 04-18-2012
    Lord Helmet
    [QUOTE=Pky6471;268785]Thanks guys, girls, AC-DC...
    I am not looking for an upgrade, I just want a 18*-19* gaybrid to fill the gap between my 3W and 22* Hibore XLS gaybrid, currently I use Callay FT-square 5W to fill that gap, I just wanna try a gaybrid in place of 5W[/QUOTE]

I love my Hibore 19*. Very good club. I did re-shaft it w/ a steel shaft. Versatile. Off the T, fairway...heck, Ive even used it (and gotten decent) with punching out from the trees on errant T shots.

One thing I havent done with it is use it around the green for chip shots. Ive seen some instruction on the web about using the hybrid for this - but it just doesnt seem right to me.

Anyhow, the hibore 19* is a great club and I highly recommend it.
    G luck
  • 04-18-2012
    Pky6471
    Thanks Lord, ... I don't know what to get but I know I want 17*-19* gaybrid... DST 2i is 18*, except its shaft is 74g instead of 65g, maybe I would go with Sr.Flex for that model, Hibore XLS is what I am familiar with , I will also check into hibore and Ping
  • 04-18-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=Pky6471;268785]Thanks guys, girls, AC-DC...
    I am not looking for an upgrade, I just want a 18*-19* gaybrid to fill the gap between my 3W and 22* Hibore XLS gaybrid, currently I use Callay FT-square 5W to fill that gap, I just wanna try a gaybrid in place of 5W[/QUOTE]

PK, the best hybrids I've tried are the Cobra DWS pre-2008 version with Aldila HV-55 shafts. The 2008 version has the proto "by you" shafts. They set up perfectly and I simply use a fairway wood swing and they fly high and land soft. My 18 degree #2 hybrid goes anywhere from 210 to 225.
  • 04-18-2012
    Lord Helmet
    [QUOTE=Pky6471;268801]Thanks Lord, ... I don't know what to get but I know I want 17*-19* gaybrid... DST 2i is 18*, except its shaft is 74g instead of 65g, maybe I would go with Sr.Flex for that model, Hibore XLS is what I am familiar with , I will also check into hibore and Ping[/QUOTE]

go w/ what you are familiar with IMO. My first hibore was the 19*. Loved it so I picked up a 16* and 22* as well. Depending on where I play (course) I bag either the 16* for longer courses where 200+ shots are required, or the 22* for more of a target golf style course.

But the 19* is always in the bag.

g luck
  • 04-18-2012
    Pky6471
    [QUOTE=famousdavis;268804]PK, the best hybrids I've tried are the Cobra DWS pre-2008 version with Aldila HV-55 shafts. The 2008 version has the proto "by you" shafts. They set up perfectly and I simply use a fairway wood swing and they fly high and land soft. My 18 degree #2 hybrid goes anywhere from 210 to 225.[/QUOTE]

I have Adams Idea Tech OS 2H (17*) which I hit it very well, one thing I don't like is its trajectory is higher than I would like, I will keep it, but in the meantime I am looking for a hybrid with optimum trajectory for better distance. Hibore XLS flies not as high for sure. Does your DWS fly high or low in your opinion?
  • 04-18-2012
    famousdavis
    [QUOTE=Pky6471;268864]I have Adams Idea Tech OS 2H (17*) which I hit it very well, one thing I don't like is its trajectory is higher than I would like, I will keep it, but in the meantime I am looking for a hybrid with optimum trajectory for better distance. Hibore XLS flies not as high for sure. Does your DWS fly high or low in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

Neither. The Cobra Hybrid DWS with the Aldila HL-55 Stiff delivers a perfect trajectory. It doesn't balloon and it doesn't hit stingers either. I'm actually thinking of getting the 5 hybrid at 26 degrees.
  • 04-18-2012
    mongrel
    [QUOTE=famousdavis;268865]Neither. The Cobra Hybrid DWS with the Aldila HL-55 Stiff delivers a perfect trajectory. It doesn't balloon and it doesn't hit stingers either. I'm actually thinking of getting the 5 hybrid at 26 degrees.[/QUOTE]

I had one of those several years ago. I bought the 23 and the 26 at the same time used at GG for under $30 a piece. I already had the 20. The 26 had the stiff Aldila HL-65 shaft but I assumed that the 23 had a stiff and when I got it home, saw that it was senior flex. Well, I traded the 26 back in on something or other, but before I did I bagged it on a week golf trip to Florida. On the course, I only had occasion to hit it two times. One was from the fairway from about 175 and I put that one on the green. The other time was from a fairway bunker about 215 or so out on a par 5. I just wanted to lay it up and I have always sucked big time from fairway bunkers. I choked down an inch, made an all-arm's swing and put the ball 10 yards in front of the green. No muss, no fuss. Amazing chopper tool.
  • 04-19-2012
    Pky6471
    I ebayed 2i Cleveland DST 18* gaybrid for a good price, will let you guys/girls/AC-DC know how it fits me.... if not I could always get my money back selling it on eBay again :)
  • 04-19-2012
    Lord Helmet
    [QUOTE=Pky6471;268900]I ebayed 2i Cleveland DST 18* gaybrid for a good price, will let you guys/girls/AC-DC know how it fits me.... if not I could always get my money back selling it on eBay again :)[/QUOTE]

Sweet. G luck! Love the cleveland wedges and hybrids. Let us know how it goes!
  • 04-19-2012
    Kiwi Player
    [QUOTE=Pky6471;268900]I ebayed 2i Cleveland DST 18* gaybrid for a good price, will let you guys/girls/AC-DC know how it fits me.... if not I could always get my money back selling it on eBay again :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats Pky. I love mine and I'm sure you will be happy with yours.
  • 04-19-2012
    Pky6471
    Thanks guys/girls/AC-DC... I really like my 3i (22*) Hibore XLS, and I am hoping that Cleveland DST 2i 18* is as good or better