• 06-09-2004
    rsr72
    True Temper Dynamic Gold or TX-90 steel shafts?
    Has anyone had good results with these shafts in a fairway wood or driver? R300, S300, or X version? TX-90?
  • 06-09-2004
    mike 34
    Heavy shafts, heavy...
    [QUOTE=rsr72]Has anyone had good results with these shafts in a fairway wood or driver? R300, S300, or X version? TX-90?[/QUOTE]

Dynamic Gold is a heavy heavy shaft. Unless you are a strong athletic player, who really wants to feel the shaft no matter where it is in your swing, the TX-90 is supposed to be a much lighter shaft. I played DG s300 for years, my clubs were an 1.5" longer than standard and I went to X-100 for a lower more controlled ball flight. Talk about heavy heavy work moving these things. I was exhausted after hitting a bucket trying to crank these things. The do have really nice exceptional feel when you flush it, but are hard like trees when you are mis-hitting. They also have a high bend point as well. These are shafts for Pros and scratch players in my opinion. The wood shafts and iron shafts also do not relate in flex. For example, my irons always felt stiffer and had more whip than the woods within the same model flex.

Now, I have played the dynamic gold lites. Approximately same specs, but about 20 grams lighter. Nice shaft. :cool: