• 05-20-2010
    Duane MacNeill
    2 Attachment(s)
    Trying to Calculate the value of my Ping 1A putter
    I have a Karsten Copper Ping putter and am interested in knowing it's market value. It is the 1A series. The writing on the putter states the following;
    Ping by Karsten, US.PAT. 3042405, 1A, Box 1345,Scottsdale,Ariz.-Pat.Pend. see attached

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
  • 05-20-2010
    Horseballs
    It's worth $37.44.
    You're welcome.
  • 05-20-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=Duane MacNeill]I have a Karsten Beryllium Ping putter and am interested in knowing it's market value. It is the 1A series. The writing on the putter states the following;
    Ping by Karsten, US.PAT. 3042405, 1A, Box 1345,Scottsdale,Ariz.-Pat.Pend. see attached

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated[/quote]

First of all it's not Beryllium, it's maganeze bronze. It's not worth much of anything. In fact, they still make them.
  • 05-20-2010
    famousdavis
    [quote=Duane MacNeill]I have a Karsten Beryllium Ping putter and am interested in knowing it's market value. It is the 1A series. The writing on the putter states the following;

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated[/quote]

I should have read your entire post before responding. The value of the club is in the engraved address. You stated that your putter indicated a post office box 1345. This is the post office box that Karsten switched to after his wife found his "Big Ones" subscription. If your putter read "Box 1344" you would have one of the first 1A putters ever created and you could retire tomorrow. Man, just one number.