• 03-24-2011
    famousdavis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Excellent putter that's inexpensive
    For the last two years I've wanted to purchase the Cleveland putter that resembles the Ping Anser. They are only $79 and to me feel every bit as good as a Scotty Cameron. However, I never liked the silver finish. Now, they've released the same model but with a black finish. I tried it out today at Golfsmith and it feels and looks incredible. I still can't believe how nice this putter is for the money. I think I'm going back to buy it tomorrow.
  • 03-24-2011
    edgey
    1 Attachment(s)
    FD

Why settle for second best. Just go to e bay and look for the real McCoy. A Ping Anser.

This is mine

Edgey
  • 03-24-2011
    Not a hacker
    I would expect the reason the Cleveland putter feels the same as teh Scotty is because they are made with the same materials, maybe even in the same Chinese sweat shop. Scotty putters are just milled 303 stainless steel. Nothing fancy or expensive about that, plenty of putters are milled 303 SS. There is also nothing original or unique about the scotty designs either, straight out Ping Anser knock off.
  • 03-24-2011
    famousdavis
    [quote=edgey]FD

Why settle for second best. Just go to e bay and look for the real McCoy. A Ping Anser.

This is mine

Edgey[/quote]

Thanks Edgey, that is simply a work of art. Is that the JAS series?
  • 03-24-2011
    edgey
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]Thanks Edgey, that is simply a work of art. Is that the JAS series?[/QUOTE]

It is indeed a very rare W Ti JAS Anser. The finest putter ever made by Ping.

Forget Cleveland FD, e bay has many great Ping Ansers waiting to for a new owner. Dont be seduced to the dark side.

Edgey
  • 03-25-2011
    Not a hacker
    [QUOTE=edgey]It is indeed a very rare W Ti JAS Anser. The finest putter ever made by Ping.

Forget Cleveland FD, e bay has many great Ping Ansers waiting to for a new owner. Dont be seduced to the dark side.

Edgey[/QUOTE]
    Aren't they a bit on the expensive side? Like Scotty sort of price?
  • 03-25-2011
    Pky6471
    1 Attachment(s)
    This type of design never appeals to me, it's just me ... I stay with my Ram Zebra forever :)
  • 03-25-2011
    huskyhater
    Whatever you are gonna buy, check for it on ebay first. Make sure the seller is a 'secure seller', there are some fakes out there.
  • 03-25-2011
    famousdavis
    [quote=huskyhater]Whatever you are gonna buy, check for it on ebay first. Make sure the seller is a 'secure seller', there are some fakes out there.[/quote]

I was on Craigslist yesterday looking at cars. Before you can enter the auto area they have these warnings in big red letters warning buyers not to send money orders or cashiers checks and not to wire money. They also warn people not to wire money and then let the seller ship the car to them. Here is my question. Who in their right mind, in today's climate filled with fraud and internet scams, would pay for a car without seeing it firsthand and then trust the seller to ship it to them? Are they targeting older people?
  • 03-25-2011
    huskyhater
    I was looking for a car a couple years back and saw a really good deal on ebay. A woman wanted a really low price for a nice SUV (I can't remember what it was), she said she was getting ready to ship out to Iraq and wanted to sell it before she left. The catch? She wanted only serious shoppers so she wanted people to send her a $1500 refundable (when you showed up to look at it) check to make sure you were serious about it. I emailed her back, congratulating her on being reported and good luck on her sale. I really can't imagine someone biting on it, but you never know.
  • 03-25-2011
    huskyhater
    Forgot to include that you supposedly got the check back when you went to look at the car.
  • 03-25-2011
    Riverologist
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]I was on Craigslist yesterday looking at cars. Before you can enter the auto area they have these warnings in big red letters warning buyers not to send money orders or cashiers checks and not to wire money. They also warn people not to wire money and then let the seller ship the car to them. Here is my question. Who in their right mind, in today's climate filled with fraud and internet scams, would pay for a car without seeing it firsthand and then trust the seller to ship it to them? Are they targeting older people?[/QUOTE]

When Apple IPODS first came out my brother in law said he had a great investment idea for me. He said he could get overruns of ipods from China and could make triple $$ reselling them here and on ebay. He needed $8000 to help buy product. I passed, as it sounded like a scam. The old "too good to be true" saying.

He foolishly took out cash advances on his credit cards and savings and sent over $10000 WESTERN UNION......never to see product or hear from them again.

I wouldn't say he is a stupid guy but he's very impulsive. I suspect these are the types of people that are getting scammed. Not wanting to miss the boat on a great opportunity.
  • 03-25-2011
    famousdavis
    [quote=Riverologist]When Apple IPODS first came out my brother in law said he had a great investment idea for me. He said he could get overruns of ipods from China and could make triple $$ reselling them here and on ebay. He needed $8000 to help buy product. I passed, as it sounded like a scam. The old "too good to be true" saying.

He foolishly took out cash advances on his credit cards and savings and sent over $10000 WESTERN UNION......never to see product or hear from them again.

I wouldn't say he is a stupid guy but he's very impulsive. I suspect these are the types of people that are getting scammed. Not wanting to miss the boat on a great opportunity.[/quote]

I can see how this happens. When you're talking to someone on the phone and they sound sincere it's easy to get duped.
  • 03-25-2011
    edgey
    [QUOTE=Not a hacker]Aren't they a bit on the expensive side? Like Scotty sort of price?[/QUOTE]
    Not on e bay they aren't lol

Edgey
  • 03-25-2011
    Riverologist
    [QUOTE=famousdavis]I can see how this happens. When you're talking to someone on the phone and they sound sincere it's easy to get duped.[/QUOTE]

He was 21 at the time. I remember when I was 21, optimistic and hopeful.

Life's bitter lessons have wised me up a little.

Back to putters....I use the PING Redwood Anser. It's the best feeling putter I have ever used. It was $200 but I feel its been great. Maybe its a mental thing.
  • 03-25-2011
    oldplayer
    [QUOTE=Riverologist]When Apple IPODS first came out my brother in law said he had a great investment idea for me. He said he could get overruns of ipods from China and could make triple $$ reselling them here and on ebay. He needed $8000 to help buy product. I passed, as it sounded like a scam. The old "too good to be true" saying.

[B]I wouldn't say he is a stupid guy but he's very impulsive. I suspect these are the types of people that are getting scammed. Not wanting to miss the boat on a great opportunity.[/[/B]QUOTE]

Pardon me saying so but this is an example of greed IMO. People get sucked into these things because they believe they are getting something for nothing. This misplaced desire is what catches them out.
    I remember 20 years ago in the city where I live a builiding society (some middle size investment house) called for investers saying they would pay more than double the going interest rate to them. It was a fairly big company that looked legit so lots of mom and dad investors jumped in. Within 2 years they went belly up and all the gullible (and greedy) investors lost the lot. It caused a mini recession in the town. Years later the justice system caught up with the perpatrators and they went to jail, but no money was recovered.
  • 03-25-2011
    24putts
    Same Putter For Even Less
    [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/RAM-SENSOR-MENS-BLADE-PUTTER-CALLAWAY-SLEEVE-/180644415239?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2a0f3f0707[/url]
  • 03-25-2011
    lorenzoinoc
    Here's the one you want:

[U][URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/NorthWestern-Judy-Rankin-311-Putter-New-Grip-/320675324964?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item4aa9bd2424"]Judy Gets It In The Hole[/URL][/U]

For $12 you get a highly sought after collector putter. And it's a Northwestern. What more need be said?

If you do decide to start and build a collection around it, the display case would of course be extra.
  • 03-25-2011
    24putts
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]And it's a Northwestern. What more need be said? [/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a snob.
  • 03-25-2011
    SoonerBS
    [QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]Here's the one you want:

[U][URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/NorthWestern-Judy-Rankin-311-Putter-New-Grip-/320675324964?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item4aa9bd2424"]Judy Gets It In The Hole[/URL][/U]

For $12 you get a highly sought after collector putter. And it's a Northwestern. What more need be said?

If you do decide to start and build a collection around it, the display case would of course be extra.[/QUOTE]

My first set of irons were Northwestern. My dad has never golfed, but my Grandmother bought a set of clubs in a garage sale. I got a Persimmon wood driver, 3 wood, 3 iron, 5 iron, 7 iron, 9 iron and putter. They all came with a carrying bag. You talk about some seriously difficult to hit blades, those Northwesterns were it.
  • 03-25-2011
    lorenzoinoc
    [quote=SoonerBS]My first set of irons were Northwestern. My dad has never golfed, but my Grandmother bought a set of clubs in a garage sale. I got a Persimmon wood driver, 3 wood, 3 iron, 5 iron, 7 iron, 9 iron and putter. They all came with a carrying bag. You talk about some seriously difficult to hit blades, those Northwesterns were it.[/quote]

Well, that's all changed with the Judy Rankin Ladies' Putter. This thing's hotter than Jackie Johnson.
  • 03-25-2011
    Not a hacker
    I remember Northwestern out here in Oz when I got into golfing about 30 years ago. Probably the cheapest POS clubs I've ever seen, and I've seen em all.