• 05-13-2004
    Tommy429
    2004 Big Berth Irons vs. Nike Slingshot Irons
    Has anyone tried both of these? How do they compare?

Which one would be more preferable for a beginner?
  • 05-14-2004
    mljones99
    We sell 4 sets of Slingshots for every Big Bertha set we sell. People tend to like the weight and feel of the Slingshots better.
  • 05-16-2004
    rockford35
    I hit the Slingshots a couple weeks ago and found them very "average". Didn't do much for me in terms of feel. I owned a set of Big Bertha's (2003's) and found them extremely easy to hit. In terms of feel, exceptional, and getting the ball airborne is so easy. That wide sole just does all the work.
    I'm not knocking the Nike's, I just liked the Bertha's better, personally.

rockford35
  • 05-17-2004
    ytseflyer
    I tried the Nike's and didn't really like them at all. They do get the ball up, but not offer any feel what so ever. I haven't hit the BB's so I can't speak about those at all; however, i have a good friend that has those and shoots to a 6 index. I'm really considering the new Ping G2's; i never hit a bad shot with those. Or custom Tom Wishon 550C/M combo--better feedback, forged, etc. It all really depends on how you feel about a particular club and the game itself. If you really want to improve, get a club that will give you feedback on your swing. Cheers!!
  • 05-19-2004
    SupeD
    I have to agree with the previous two replies. I tried the slingshots but was not impressed with them. I didn't hate them, but I preffered the Callaway x16's and ping g2's. I am a high handicapper and was much more consistant with the callaway and ping. I also preferred the feel and weighting of the x16 and g2. If I had all the money to spend in the world, I'd have bought the g2, but I found a great deal on the x16 so went with those. I thought the big bertha's were good too when I hit them, but didn't like them as well as the x16's or g2's. Really try to get out and hit some with whatever you are considering before you buy. Good luck.