• 01-13-2005
    luvafricalions
    I tired of paying over $1,000 a year on new clubs
    I checked out the new TaylorMade CGB irons at our local discount store. They hit great, but are you kidding $999 for a set? That got me upset and to start checking. I found that I could get a similar set for less than $150. So I "gambled".

Lo and behold, last week I got the LCG 405 irons and tried them.
    Hey Barney they work great and I saved what over 800 bucks.

Are you kidding. Maybe these clubs will explode or something. I hope not. They look the same and hit fantastic. I got the dynamic shafts and 1 degree upright.

Where is the money going when we pay $1,000 for some irons?

Check out the sources on the net. You may be surprised.

Start with [url]www.moonshotgolf.com[/url], [url]www.golfgolfgolf.net[/url] and [url]www.golfcloners.com[/url].

I hate to get ripped off any more.
  • 01-13-2005
    joshmv
    I know there are a lot of clone threads going on right now but he brings up a good point, where does the extra money go, is it just for research and development or are they actually better? Maybe it's an unanswerable question but if anybody has any thoughts on it I'd like to know as well. Has anyone done any head to head comparisons with originals and clones?

Josh
  • 01-13-2005
    onetime
    [QUOTE=luvafricalions]I checked out the new TaylorMade CGB irons at our local discount store. They hit great, but are you kidding $999 for a set? That got me upset and to start checking. I found that I could get a similar set for less than $150. So I "gambled".

Are you kidding. Maybe these clubs will explode or something. I hope not. They look the same and hit fantastic. I got the dynamic shafts and 1 degree upright.

Start with [url]www.moonshotgolf.com[/url], [url]www.golfgolfgolf.net[/url] and [url]www.golfcloners.com[/url].

I hate to get ripped off any more.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess luva, you are not in anyway affiliated with any of the above mentioned sites.

Sounds like you want cheap irons and free advertising.
  • 01-13-2005
    Classic
    [QUOTE=luvafricalions]I checked out the new TaylorMade CGB irons at our local discount store. They hit great, but are you kidding $999 for a set? That got me upset and to start checking. I found that I could get a similar set for less than $150. So I "gambled".

I hate to get ripped off any more.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you post about this in reference to the Titleist 690CB today on GolfOpinions.com?

Troll. This is worse than pop-ups.
  • 01-13-2005
    bdcrowe
    And yet another set at shottalk this morning?
  • 01-13-2005
    joshmv
    well forget him then, can anyone else answer any of my questions?
  • 01-13-2005
    onetime
    [QUOTE=joshmv]well forget him then, can anyone else answer any of my questions?[/QUOTE]

That's been brought up so many times that no one wants to answer. Do a search on clones.
  • 01-13-2005
    Silver
    I s#|t money, so for me, it's fun!
  • 01-13-2005
    LBCGolf
    The thread title is funny tho...

"I tired of paying over $1,000 a year on new clubs..." so I got some lessons instead!
  • 01-13-2005
    rockford35
    What a great user name to be taken seriously.

The clubs are great over there on moonunitzappagolf.com.

-luvcanadamoose35
  • 01-13-2005
    Silver
    I was about to say "who spends that much per year on clubs anyhow?!" and then I thought about me last year...in Canadian funds I spent:

1 Launcher 460 - $300
    1 set of Mizuno MX23s - $418
    1 Adams Ovation 7W - $150
    1 Wilson Harmonized Gap wedge - $40

That's just on clubs - somehwere in the vicinity of $908 CDN.

And that's not including the two putters that I won auctions for on Jan 5 and 7 of this year ($95 for the Monza and $127 for the 2Ball). So those go in this year's pool.

Oh, and it also doesn't count the Nickent Genex 3DX Hybrid that my gf bought for me for Christmas, because I didn't spend the $100 for it.

NO MORE NEW CLUBS!
  • 01-13-2005
    bdcrowe
    shoudl've gone to DarkSideOfTheMoonGolf.com and saved. pisser....
  • 01-13-2005
    Silver
    [QUOTE=joshmv]I know there are a lot of clone threads going on right now but he brings up a good point, where does the extra money go, is it just for research and development or are they actually better? Maybe it's an unanswerable question but if anybody has any thoughts on it I'd like to know as well. Has anyone done any head to head comparisons with originals and clones?

Josh[/QUOTE]

The money goes to paying the lawyers to fight the cloners!
  • 01-13-2005
    onetime
    [QUOTE=Silver]I was about to say "who spends that much per year on clubs anyhow?!" and then I thought about me last year...in Canadian funds I spent:

1 Launcher 460 - $300
    1 set of Mizuno MX23s - $418
    1 Adams Ovation 7W - $150
    1 Wilson Harmonized Gap wedge - $40

That's just on clubs - somehwere in the vicinity of $908 CDN.

And that's not including the two putters that I won auctions for on Jan 5 and 7 of this year ($95 for the Monza and $127 for the 2Ball). So those go in this year's pool.

Oh, and it also doesn't count the Nickent Genex 3DX Hybrid that my gf bought for me for Christmas, because I didn't spend the $100 for it.

NO MORE NEW CLUBS![/QUOTE]

Yeah but that is only like $10 US. :D