Shaft PUREing?

Printable View

• 11-17-2005
    Horseballs
    Shaft PUREing?
    Last night I saw a program dealing with Golfsmith's process of shafting PUREing. It's basically where the ideal shaft position in the clubhead is determined through some complex computer imaging software. It's $45 plus shipping and handling through Golfsmith.
    Anyone done this? Is it worth it?
    Apparently the pros are doing it...
  • 11-17-2005
    College Golf
    My 3 through pw and all my woods have pured shafts in them. I myself can't honestly tell you that I see a difference in my shot pattern etc. But I know they are as good as they can be; a mental thing.

My dad has this thought on the subject:
    [U]If Iron Baron can hit a club with the same type golf ball in exactly the same spot on the club face at exactly the same speed[/U] and the golf balls do not land on top of each other but disperse in a fairly large pattern, then why would we think that any equipment would make us hit it with pinpoint accuracy.

I have to agree...
  • 11-17-2005
    Mward2002
    Actually that's kind of weird. I don't expect them to land on top of each other or anything, but the pattern isn't a close one? I can't imagine the ball fading or drawing unless wind aided, so what else would cause the pattern to be so large?
  • 11-17-2005
    Nacho_D/FW
    I don't know about shaft puring. Sounds kinda like the brush-tee hype a couple years ago. Did anyone really notice a difference? I didn't.

And about the dispersal of balls, that's a good question. Maybe each ball is built slightly different and would spin a little differently thus resulting in a wider array of balls scattered about. I dunno.
  • 11-17-2005
    Horseballs
    [QUOTE=College Golf]My 3 through pw and all my woods have pured shafts in them. I myself can't honestly tell you that I see a difference in my shot pattern etc. But I know they are as good as they can be; a mental thing.

My dad has this thought on the subject:
    [U]If Iron Baron can hit a club with the same type golf ball in exactly the same spot on the club face at exactly the same speed[/U] and the golf balls do not land on top of each other but disperse in a fairly large pattern, then why would we think that any equipment would make us hit it with pinpoint accuracy.

I have to agree...[/QUOTE]
    True. The reason I'd even consider it would be for peace of mind. [URL=http://www.sstpure.com/faq.html]SST[/URL] is claiming some serious benefits though. I'm reshafting my 3 wood over the winter and I might as well try out whole PURE thing.
  • 11-17-2005
    College Golf
    I'm not a physics guru but I think the pattern of say a 7 iron could be as much as 15ft to either side of the target. That means a 30 foot diameter circle... now maybe only a couple balls out of 50 are near the perimeter but how good is that with the strike being perfect every time?

I'm going to see if I can find anything in print on the testing. [B]The manufactures may not want the buying public knowing this information[/B].

Mward2002,
    I don't know exactly how large this circle is and a large pattern would be very individual. I think a 10 foot circle (5' diameter) is a lot when everything in the strike is perfect and repeatable.