• 01-26-2014
    tonyj5
    Jessica Korda Wins Pure Silk Bahamas LPGA Classic!
    Just two short weeks ago when I did my Top 30 Player of the Year Predictions for 2014, I picked Jessica Korda as the player most likely to have a breakout season. She has already made me look good today by winning the Pure Silk Bahamas LPGA Classic.

Jessica was victorious by one shot over Stacy Lewis. Stacy, playing one group ahead of Jessica, failed to birdie the par five final hole when her approach shot sailed over the green.

Jessica, needing a birdie to win, made things exciting when her approach shot also sailed over the green. She then putted to within about 6 feet and drained the winning putt from there.

Earlier in the day it looked like several other players had a better chance of winning, but all would falter.

[url]http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2014/01/jessica-korda-wins-in-bahamas.html[/url]
  • 01-26-2014
    mongrel
    Two round eyes at the top of an LPGA field. Who would have bet on that?
  • 01-26-2014
    tonyj5
    [QUOTE=mongrel;289872]Two round eyes at the top of an LPGA field. Who would have bet on that?[/QUOTE]

I wish I could say that this is the start of a trend, but many of the Asians skipped this event.