|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Talking I have a soft ones like Omen...

Soft, forged irons I meant... Not man-boobs like Jacque'

Was told about someone selling a full brand new set of Nike Forged Pro Combo irons for $199. Sure enough they were as advertised so I thought I could not let that deal go past. Got them in mail today...

brand new still in heat shrink, bubble wrap and full length nike sealed plastic sheaths.... Long irons are wide sole, lower weight, full cavity backs....mid irons have a slight muscle cavity look...and short irons are a muscle blade look with thinner sole. Have Nike grips similar to Tour Velvets.....Nike Speed Step steel shafts in STIFF.....and are a very nice looking head. Soft 1020 steel forgings and some other manufacturing things not sure how much difference it makes like milled face, uni-grooves with round-square grooves, etc...

Going to range to hit them in a couple hours if I sneak out of work early....wish me luck.
    Last edited by Brock; 02-05-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    Wedge- Mizuno MP-T : 56* SW Blk Ox and 60* LW Raw
    Putter= NeverCompromise Z/1 Alpha putter
    Ball- Nike One Plat 07 or TF D2 Feel
    Bag- Ogio Grom

Where did you get them too, if you got any pics id be glad to see them ;)
    Taylormade r7 425 10.5* S 65g RE*AX
    Taylormade r7 st 15* S 70g RE*AX
    Titleist 735.CM 3-PW S300
    Taylormade TP Satin 52.08
    Taylormade TP Satin 56.12
    Titleist Vokey SM60.08
    Odyssey White Hot XG #9 33"
    (Left Handed)

They were at GamesPeoplePlay....I got last set of them but they have a set of the Slingshots for $199 as well brand new and wrapped.

I will take some pics tonight or tomorrow and post....

Nike Slingshots

Nike Pro Combo OS These are not from GPP but just a picture to check out.
    Bag- Ogio Grom

Nice steal. My buddy had those for a couple years and enjoyed em. He broke down a few months ago and bought MP-67's though. Just so you know, you should probably expect similar results in a few years
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

well took them and hit a small bucket with the 3i, 6i, and pw today..... flew very good...medium to high ball trajectory if I get under them all the way...if I hit them so so they are a penetrating mid level flight. I thought they were more consistent than my other clubs from shot to shot with distance and dispersion....could be psychological as well so dont know. Kind of like a freshly washed, waxed and armour alled car seems to ride better

Sound wise....they did not give the click of the callaway like clubs I have....more of a dull tap sound but then again i was hitting range balls.....so I hit a couple cheap titelist balls and they were way quieter and launched off face much better for distance. I kept losing balls in sun so could only see them as they were climbing and would lose the dirty balls against the dead grass on driving range in the sun.....but seemed to be going good. pw was very consistent with good spin on ball with on avg a two bounce before stopping in place.

so far very pleased...i am going to clean them up and wipe them down and will get a couple pics with a long, mid, and short iron so you can see the difference at address and of the backs.
    Bag- Ogio Grom

3i and 6i of club head and at address, Nike Pro Combo OS II
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6iProCom.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	2023  
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Bag- Ogio Grom

Pw and my Ogio bag loaded with new irons....as represented in signature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PwProComb.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	2025  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bag- Ogio Grom

Nike Pro Combo OS II- forged with STIFF SpeedStep shaft, standard lie, length.

As most of you know I got these through hint from either a member here or one of the other sites stating they had some great deals to include Slingshots and Pro Combo irons from Nike for $199. So I did some quick research and while the Slingshot were reviewed very nicely I wanted a set of forged and since they were same price I squeezed the trigger. Though not as SGI as Slingshots….still GI for my HIGH handicap and will allow me to grow with them as my goal to be in 90s by this time next year begins.

GPP was the store…service was great. Shipping was great. Clubs arrived in Titelist box but thankfully it had Nikes inside. I could have lost my lunch if I pulled out some titties when my heart was set on the Nike forged. Yeah I am a rebel.

They were wrapped individually in factory condition. Full length plastic sleeve, sealed from factory for each club. Inside of that they had each grip wrapped in shrink wrap. Additionally, each head was wrapped in bubble wrap and secured with rubber band. Upon removal of bubble wrap the heads were also sealed in shrink wrap plastic as well. Very well wrapped and definitely new and not used or even demo clubs so the price is even more amazing to a mere mortal as myself.

Initial review of clubs visually noticed a couple things:

1- serial number is on 5i, I am guessing this is the correct location for these clubs from Nike. Saw no other serial numbers in the series. It is on the hosel just below where it says forged.
    2- Heads are larger than blades but do not seem obtrusive but definitely a different look than the X-20s. Sole is satin finished and wrapping up the back with fake rivets. Not really a detractor as not noticeable to casual glance but satin sole looks nice and soft. Pro Combo on shiny plate area inside cavity with 5-6 shiny lines underneath where the swoosh is located. Not overbearing and offsets the satin finish of sole and inside back nicely but think they would look really nice with the satin inside with swoosh and no lines. Just my opinion. I like the satin look if you cant tell.
    3- Back of heads is where the differences are located.
    a. 3i and 4i have full cavity, wider sole, and are weighted further back. At address you can see the fairly nice topline but the low deep sole is visible at address as a slight bow. Not really noticeable to me after playing the X-20s…and hitting the Slingshot 2i which has a huge bow in back.
    b. 5i, 6i, 7i have a min muscle back inside the cavity. At address you don’t see any of the sole which is thinner and the topline is distinct and angular. I thought it a very nice setup.
    c. 8i, 9i, PW have even thinner sole and a full muscle-blade look inside a shallow cavity. And as expected no sole seen at address due to loft of irons.
    4- Shafts are STIFF Nike SpeedStep shafts by TrueTemper that are reportedly 30g lighter than conventional steel shafts while giving same flex and tip control. Are identified as Mid-High launch iron and Game Improvement series.
    5- Grips are Nike grips and nearly identical to Tour Velvets. I am not sure if they have them made by same company or they are homegrown…but have nice tacky grip with just enough cushion but reduce torgue on hits off toe. Yep I caught one off toe on third hit of 3i. Oooops.
    6- Hitting Irons- Started with 6i and hit it first off a low tee. Caught ball cleanly and it was a distinctly different sound and feel than with my cast irons. I am not sure if it was the forging or what but the range balls did not pop and click off face as usual but rather it was a dull tapping sound. Not sure how to describe it but it was different. FEEL was about the same on shots not centered on face but when I hit them centered you could tell these were different. Ball went further but did not measure how far exactly but I could see it bounce past where I hit my X-20 earlier with a similarly good shot. Could have been lucky range ball but it did feel different. Balls seemed to be more consistent in their dispersion and distance. Once again I am not sure how much was crappy range balls or my psychological expectations of new clubs….but that was the case especially with my PW which seemed to hunt the flag over and over.
    7- Swingweight- I have no idea what they are or how to tell LOL. They seem a bit lighter than the X-20s in shaft and handle end but the heads feel about the same actually. Good solid feel when swinging.

So what was my evaluation of the Cast vs Forged, SGI vs GI, etc, etc, etc.
    1- Well, there was a different feel and sound when I pured the ball both off deck and off a tee. Since I am currently hitting long irons off tee and not my driver or FW that was important for me to hit them in both settings.
    2- I did feel the reduces sole on the short irons was a benefit as I was able to get under ball better and did not tend to resist and bounce as much on my resulting in thin shots as my others appeared.
    3- They did launch medium to high and with no wind gave very nice ball flight. I hit a couple shots afterwards with cheap Titelist NXT and a couple NIKE Ignites. Both launched off face and outperformed the range balls easily…I was amazed at difference between the Wilson Range Balls and a couple low-mid priced balls. Was comforting to know they could flat smack the ball when hit right. LOL
    4- I will need to play a few rounds to really see if I notice anything different about shafts and heads during a round. I was concentrating so much on trying to notice anything different that I never really got into my swing.

Overall, I think at first glance that I got a freaking steal. Forged irons, nice shafts, quality grips and if the 1020 steel forging, milled faces and grooves, and all the other little tricks they put into them. I have always been interested in people building a mixed back of irons with much the same intent….more cavity GI for long irons, mid control for middle irons to compromise GI and control….and great control while still being forgiven like MP-57 in the short irons. Whether it works is to be determined but the theory is great and something I was already interested in pursuing myself.
    The only other clubs I was seriously considering for a gift when I broke 100 consistently were the Mizuno MX-25, Nike CCI forged, Nike Slingshots, Srixon i701. These I had not considered but damn glad I did. Thanks for guy that posted the sale. Thanks to GPP for a great product at a great price with prompt fair shipping. More to come as I play with them. Will try to remember to give an update this Spring or Summer. I should be playing this weekend as it was 78 today in Charleston and not due to be in 60s again until weekend.
    Bag- Ogio Grom

I'm surpirsed Omen hasn't reemed you about the title of this thread yet, as your new shovels are not in any way even vaguely similar to grain flow forged Mizunos, particularly his MP32's. Your new sticks may be forged, and I'll take your word for it that they are great clubs, but any club that has OS stamped on it won't get you into Omen's club.

Personally, I think they look okay and you will get good use out of them, but Omen is a bit more discerning than me.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

JUDGEMENT IS COMING.... LIKE THE WRATH OF GOD IT CAN NOT BE STOPPED... but it will have to wait because i have class right now.... but it is coming....

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    JUDGEMENT IS COMING.... LIKE THE WRATH OF GOD IT CAN NOT BE STOPPED... but it will have to wait because i have class right now.... but it is coming....

Omen
    Did you enroll at CoC?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

yeah... im even attending... so now im an official COC.... and more precisly i'm a cougar coc.

what a cunundrum....

BROCK
    I will say that there are similarities between our clubs.... THEY BOTH HAVE PHUCKING SHAFTS AND GRIPS.... that is where the similarities end...

you have CLEVELAND HIBORES that had the hybrid shell disbond so they restamped them nike procombo's and sold them to your retarded arse.

my golf club does not reside 2 inches behind the hosel, i dont have to worry about grass and dirt getting stuck in the back of the clubhead and increasing my swingweight.... so how the hell do you even justify that your clubs are like mine....

there is no such thing as "like" mine... you either have forged blades or you have that other knockoff pansy waisted mangina stuff.

Omen

Omen

hahahaha...never said they were grain flow forged blades like Omens....just that they were soft like his as they are 1020 forged irons...LOL

plus.....I dont need blades to hit my balls into the ponds and OOB areas like Omen....I do just fine with my game improvement clubs. LOL Same shanks....half the price.
    Bag- Ogio Grom

Thumbs up

yeah... im even attending... so now im an official COC.... and more precisly i'm a cougar coc.

what a cunundrum....

BROCK
    I will say that there are similarities between our clubs.... THEY BOTH HAVE PHUCKING SHAFTS AND GRIPS.... that is where the similarities end...

you have CLEVELAND HIBORES that had the hybrid shell disbond so they restamped them nike procombo's and sold them to your retarded arse.

my golf club does not reside 2 inches behind the hosel, i dont have to worry about grass and dirt getting stuck in the back of the clubhead and increasing my swingweight.... so how the hell do you even justify that your clubs are like mine....

there is no such thing as "like" mine... you either have forged blades or you have that other knockoff pansy waisted mangina stuff.

Omen
    tsk tsk.....a college with a ration of women to men of 8:1 and Omen is the only guy hanging out in the ManBoyLoversAssoc Club at Stearn Student Center.

Yeah mine collect mud in the cavity on the long irons.....but not offset much at all so you must be talking about the Tittie AP1 or AP2 series not the forged Nike rhythm sticks I now own...LOL

you are right they arent alike...
    my clubs dont sit 2 inches behind hosel either...much less than other GI irons but when did facts ever enter any of our conversations LOL......I only have to worry about 3i and 4i holding grass and mud but since I hit the 3i off tee alot too not worried about that...I also dont worry about swingweight as my man arms can swing a sledgehammer and not get tendinitis like those things you call biceps that would make Camilo Villegas look like at least one of his testicles finally dropped and he was ready for the UFC. I mean that dude is like a 13 year old chick with no chest or ass and a butter face. HB did tell me you had a shapely waist...so maybe I am not the only one noticing.

Dont hate because my combo forged irons would finally allow you to score in the 80s without mulligans, pickups, winter rules and the infamous (Jacqueline Gagne) hole in one or Eagles if you gave up on your blades and actually got a club that was going to help your game rather than just ride around in your bag and get wiped down every night after you fondle their hosel and caress the shaft and make a mess all over them.

Like I said...I can hit a ball off the tee at Legend Oaks into the pond with the best of them.....with or without blades. Not that anyone is saying you shanked a ball or two or hit anything in the pond that weekend. Dont make me bring SeldomInTheSlot into the mix to confirm your ball seeding of the ponds....then again those Titties feed the carp as good as the other knockoff balls trying to grow up to be callaways....
    Last edited by Brock; 02-07-2008 at 10:13 AM.
    Bag- Ogio Grom

uh? what are you talking about... Omen has never hit a ball OB or in the water... Not sure where all this mud slinging is coming from hillary, but nice sticks anyway...

maybe I wouldnt have hit as many poor shots if there werent so many damn hybrids and brush tees lying around distracting me. ever thought about that? LOL

Omen

okay Gladys...whatever you say. LOL
    Bag- Ogio Grom

Thread Information