|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Titleist 804's?

Titleist 804's?

I'm feeling ready to upgrade my irons. my game has gone (due to lesson/practice/"the bug') from 18 to 10.

My original iron aer 2002 Big Bertha with graphite regular shafts, I'm considering Titleist 804's with steel...Any recommondations?

Irishgreen

Have ya hit em yet?

What is your shot shape?

Other clubs you are considering?

Quote Originally Posted by irishgreen
    I'm feeling ready to upgrade my irons. my game has gone (due to lesson/practice/"the bug') from 18 to 10.

My original iron aer 2002 Big Bertha with graphite regular shafts, I'm considering Titleist 804's with steel...Any recommondations?

Irishgreen
    That's a pretty forgiving club. Have you looked at the 704 CB's? They have a less cavity design but are still forgiving. That's what I own.

Titleist 804

Irishgreen
    I haven't hit the 804 irons, but I just switched from Callaway irons with graphite shafts to Cleveland TA7s with steel shafts and have never hit irons straighter or more solid in my life. I went back to steel shafts expressly to gain more consistency and control, and that is what's happened. The Callaways (X-14) with graphite shafts were long, but inconsistent. People in this forum (and elsewhere) talk about lack of feedback with certain game-improvement clubs, and my Callaways were a classic example. I could hit a ball that felt dead solid and have it finish 30 yards left of my target or 20 yards right. Maybe the clubs just didn't fit me (according to my latest swing fitting, they didn't), but I'm really loving the feedback and sense of club position I'm getting with the True Temper sensicore shafts (regular flex) in my TA7s. I also hear very good things about the Mizuno MP30, but I couldn't quite stand the way they looked at setup. My advice is to get the same club from several competing brands (5-, 6-, or 7-iron) and try them against each other, then spend some time hitting different clubs from the one or two sets that give you the best results. If possible, try the clubs outside on grass, not on astroturf in a simulator or some such. Although I can tell something about how a club *swings* for me on astroturf, what I'm really interested in is how the ball comes off grass with those clubs.

18 to 10?

Irishgreen
    I'm a 17, but have been in that 16-19 range for some time now. I get 6-8 lessons per season, play once a week, and always hit balls at least once a week. Can you tell me how you went from 18-10?! Man, would I love to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner
    That's a pretty forgiving club. Have you looked at the 704 CB's? They have a less cavity design but are still forgiving. That's what I own.
    how do u like your 704s, iam thinking of getting a new set but still deciding. i tried the 762 and i really like them, but the 704 are the replacement so i'm also considering those. since teh 762 are discontinued they are about 300 less than teh 704s. is it worth it? is forged that much better ? have u or anyone else here played both and can give me any suggestions? thanks

Thread Information