|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Pitch & Putt golf club holders

I'm getting my wife into golf, and we'll be starting with the ol' pitch and putts. The last time I was at a P&P, some years ago, I remember seeing some people with some nifty club carriers. These things were like stands that you can plant into the ground (to stand erect), and they only hold about 4 clubs (perfect for holding your putter and wedges, all you really need).

I really want my wife to explore the use of all her wedges, so I'd rather not have her bring only her pitching wedge and putter, but all of her wedges, and I'd rather not have to carry all our clubs in a regular sized bag.

Does anyone know what those club-holder things are called? I tried googling them, and can't seem to find them. Better yet, does anyone know an online store where I can buy them?

You could get a "Sunday bag", which is about $30 on TGW.com if you use their search. A few they even make with stands for a little more $.
    Step right up, folks. See if you can outdrive the amazing, golf ball...ah, wacker guy.

Actually, I saw some of those light bags in a couple golf shops. I think they're still on the bulky side for the P&Ps, though. Those plastic stands that have clips for your clubs would be so perfect... if only I could find them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFantastic74
    Actually, I saw some of those light bags in a couple golf shops. I think they're still on the bulky side for the P&Ps, though. Those plastic stands that have clips for your clubs would be so perfect... if only I could find them.

Pick up a couple junior bags. Cheap, compact, lightweight. If a kids bag is too heavy to carry your wedges and short irons, I suggest you get immediate medical attention.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Don't know if this is what you have in mind but here is a link to a local Pitch and Put. Check out the second photo of this link..
    http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=3&id=48#null

Notice that the beer holder seems to be the most important part.

Yeah, it's similar to the ones in that photo (the beer holder would be a nice touch). The ones in the photo look like PVC tubing, with the clubs inside them, but what I'm thinking of, are thin poles onto which the clubs fasten to and around the outside by clips. The bottom of the pole is a metal spike that you can plant into the ground.
    Thanks for the help.

Hey, did you ever figure out what these are called or where to buy them? I saw some people with them at Edgefield this weekend and would love to know where I can pick one up.

Yes, I went to Golf Town (I'm not sure if that is a Canadian chain only, but it's like a golf superstore) and the sales person knew what I was talking about, but they were out of stock. They let me know when the new shipment came in, and I bought one that accommodates five clubs, including putter.

Cool... do you happen to know what brand the carrier is? We don't have a Golf Town where I live, but the brand might help me find it online.

Thanks!

What is a "pitch 'n putt?" I've never heard of that before . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I had a look on the club holder and can't see a brand name anywhere, and I tossed out the box a while ago. Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    What is a "pitch 'n putt?" I've never heard of that before . . . .
    It's a small par three course, where holes range from about 60 yards to 130 yards. Quick and cheap to play, and lets you work on your short game. Many people just bring their pitching wedge and putter. I like making use of all my wedges for practise.

Thread Information