|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: shaft

shaft

If im just a weekend golfer with a high hcp is a shaft with a low or high kickpoint really going to make much difference or should i just save money and go with a standard regular flex shaft?

The shaft is the engine that drives the club. No shaft is JUST a regular flex. Factors to be considered are kickpoint, tip stiffness, butt stiffness, torque and flex (CPM's). You need to be specific about what you are trying to accomplish. Hit the ball higher or lower? Are you a hitter or a swinger? Get fit by a clubbuilder and don't get sucked into the big box store as most of those guys are amateurs. It's the only way to get the sfaft that fits you best.

but is the correct kick point and others worth the extra investment for a benefit that a high hdcp like me will even notice?

The higher the handicap, the more noticeable the benefit will be from having a correctly fitted shaft. The right shaft helps everyone, but better players can compensate and adjust to shafts that aren't correctly fitted, so aren't as adversely affected as beginners.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information