|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

1 degree of loft

I found the spec to my Cleveland TA3 and my Nike blades. Starting a the 6 iron down to the PW there is a 1 degree of loft difference between the two sets(nike 1 degree more loft). How much would you say 1 degree is? I would've gone out to the driving rangr today but it was way to windy to hit golf balls(20+ wind gust).

I think if you are a low handicapper or scratch you may notice a difference of 1 degree. For most, I dont think it really makes that much of a difference. I for one dont believe that 1 degree would alter my distances very much.
    FEA

well if the difference between a 4iron (standard 23*) and 5(26*) is a 15yards, then 15/3 is 5... meaning if a 3 degree difference gives you 15 yard difference then 1 degree gives 5 yard difference... assuming all launch conditions are the same and the type of ball you use

Only the course will tell you. Shaft, swing weight, ect. is different. Don't play for money with em until you have several rounds to calibrate em. The loft difference alone won 't tell you anything.

it depends on SS but i think its about 3yds dif... IMO its not really a reason not to play the clubs you like...

Quote Originally Posted by Monchief
    well if the difference between a 4iron (standard 23*) and 5(26*) is a 15yards, then 15/3 is 5... meaning if a 3 degree difference gives you 15 yard difference then 1 degree gives 5 yard difference... assuming all launch conditions are the same and the type of ball you use
    Your calculation doesn't take into account the decrease in swing speed from the shorter shafted 5 iron. I would think that the 1 degree difference may make a difference of a couple of yards max (all other things being equal). May be a noticeable difference in ball flight though.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

thanks for the replies. i will be keeping the TA3 until i get the feel for the nikes.

Its all based on swing speed.

For a guy with a driver speed of 95 mph, hitting an iron he can expect 3 yards difference in carry for every 1* increase in loft. The length difference in irons has virtually no effect on the distance.

also, most blades need a little more loft to allow for the lower ball flight.
    TM R5n 9.5 w/ speeder 757
    Titleist 15 deg. w/ speeder
    Macgregor M675 w/ dynamic gold s300's
    TM rac 52, 56, 60 gold wedge shafts
    tm rossa AGSI+ daytona 1

I noticed today that my ball flight is lower but i really didn't notice any distance diiference with my 7 iron. I kind of like the lower ball flight since I was getting major air with my TA3.

Thread Information