|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: NIke blades

NIke blades

Anyone here playing nike blades? How do you like them? I just bought me a used set for 200 bucks. I am currently playing Cleveland TA3. I was just wondering other peoples input on these irons.

Never used them, but from all the buzz the only player in the world who can hit them is Tiger. Might be something to with where Tigers Nike blades are made, and where the ones Nike sells in the shops are made.

These clubs never caught on and were taken out of supply years ago. If Tiger was anyone else Nike would force him to play something they actually sell, but would you have the balls to tell Tiger he should think about changing clubs?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Dont own them and never hit them, although I think they are one of the most beautiful iron out there
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

never hit em, $200 cant be a bad investment though

there are just blades not too much that you can do different with them... solid clubs...

I've got a set 2-PW, and they are beautiful. Thin top line, minimal offset, hard as anything to hit as there's almost no forgiveness.

I always bring the PW and 7 or 8 iron to the range with me and practice with them. If you can hit a blade consistantly, your ball striking will be considerably better.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

I love my Nike blades

I have had mine for a year now...bought used for $190. I play to a 6 hcp. I must say, they are the cleanest (no logos other than a small Nike swoosh) and smoothest feeling muscle-backs I've played. Keep in mind that the Nikes are weak lofted. The 3-iron plays to 23 degrees (not the 21 found in most iron sets) and the PW plays to 49 degrees (not the 45 found in most iron sets). I find them to feel "smoother" than my Mizuno T-Zoid Trues, MP-14's and Cleveland TA1's. I would not trade them for anything and would recommend them to anyone wanting to take the game more seriously (i.e. work on their fundamentals). Learn to play the loft, not the number on the sole and you will be very happy. There is a reason most people can no longer hit a 3-iron...modern sets have 21 degree 3-irons...that's the same as my 2-iron Nike blade.

Who makes these blades for Nike?

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)
    Bag: Titleist SC-25

Well today I was able to make it to the driving range to try out my new clubs. All I can say is WOW. I was striking the ball better, didn't notice any distance lost, and these clubs are accurate. I am really excited to play my next round with these clubs.

well they were designed with assistance from Mizunos lead designer, so that's why they are of such quality.

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Well the funny thing was that before I got these clubs I was going to look into getting me new clubs. I was going to demo some Mizuno irons, but then i saw these clubs. It is not that I wanted the Nike irons so bad, but the guy I bought them from said that they got good reviews. So i couldn't beat the price. My next set of clubs will be Mizuno irons.

Thread Information