PINGMAN has revealed his incredible daily practice routine as follows:

hit into a net in backyard 6:00-7:00am
    get ready and go to school 7:00-8:00
    School 8:15am-1:15pm
    practice (hitting balls, shortgame, etc...) 1:45-6:30
    go home, eat dinner etc 6:45
    hit some more into net 7:45-9:00

i practice at least 6hrs a day
    I'm sure you will all agree that is an amazing practice routine.

Whilst I can't begin to compare with PINGMAN's routine I thought it might be fun to share practice routines nontheless.

Here is my practice routine:

Thursday night driving range:

Two buckets of balls hit randomly into the night. Go home if I'm hitting them well. 6.00-6.45pm
    If I'm hitting them really well get an extra bucket - it's so much fun. 6.00-7.30pm
    If I'm hitting them badly contemplate going home after 1st bucket but instead get a 2nd, a 3rd and then a 4th bucket! Go home in frustration when range closes with an aching back, tennis elbow and blisters. 6.00-8.00pm

Saturday morning show up at golf club 7.15 for 7.30 tee off.

Putting practice 5 mins 7.15-7.20am
    Practice swings 2-3 mins 7.20 - 7.25am
    Proceed to tee
    7.30am hit and hope

What is your practice routine.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

daily- 50-100 balls into the net before and after work.

mix in a bucket of 100 at the range once or twice a week during lunch. 50 balls more if something doesn't "feel" right.

bd
    Titleist 975D 8.5*
    Titleist 975F 13.5*
    Titleist 690.MB 2-PW
    TT DG X100
    Titleist 5611 SW
    Titleist 6000s LW
    Probe 20/20 brass putter
    (LH)
    Bag: Titleist SC-25

daveperk Guest
    Range time about three times a week, 50 50 between the wedges and the rest of the clubs. Maybe a hundred fifty balls every time I do it.

I've recently started walking back for the preshot routine over every full shot, just to groove it into the memory... and picking a spot ten or twenty feet in front of me to aim at, like Jack used to do..

so far only one good round has come of it, but I"ve had jinky weather down here so I am hoping for better results when the weather stabilizes.

In the summer I am at the range at out course at 6am. I usually hit 2 buckets of balls, one with only wedges, and one moving through the bag.

Then its off to work.

I usually play at least 9 (18 most days, as its light out until 11 pm here in the summer) every evening and then putt and chip until its dark on the practice green.

On the weekends I usually play 27-36 on Saturdays and 18 on Sunday.

February and March, hit balls at the range if the course isn't open. Maybe once a week if the weather is good.
    April through the end of the season, play golf. Only hit up the range to warm up.

This Saturday, the SPCC opened the range but not the course. I hit balls for about 2.5 hours. My left thumb is a total mess. I was pleasantly surprised in my ball striking. Went out yesterday and played a crappy muni (SPCC still closed) and shot a 4 over 74 with no birdies. Granted this is the easiest course in world, but I still hit some quality shots. Short game was actually not bad despite zero practice. This bodes well for the Florida trip at the end of this week.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

lately i have been only going once a week to practice - this will increase to 3-4 times per week soon (since i have a tourney coming up in mid-April).

usually put, chip and flop the majority of my practice time. i never hit more than a large bucket of balls (about 120). most of the time i usually have a dozen or so balls left over. half the bucket is wedge play - i usually hit no more than 15 w/ driver. i focus on 7 or 8 iron for about a 1/3rd of the bucket. hit my 3 wood several times along w/ 4 iron and thats it.

since i don't play as much as i would like, i try and focus on the 170 yards and in. this helps me get up and down more.
    TM R5n 9.5 w/ speeder 757
    Titleist 15 deg. w/ speeder
    Macgregor M675 w/ dynamic gold s300's
    TM rac 52, 56, 60 gold wedge shafts
    tm rossa AGSI+ daytona 1

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    February and March, hit balls at the range if the course isn't open. Maybe once a week if the weather is good.
    April through the end of the season, play golf. Only hit up the range to warm up.

This Saturday, the SPCC opened the range but not the course. I hit balls for about 2.5 hours. My left thumb is a total mess. I was pleasantly surprised in my ball striking. Went out yesterday and played a crappy muni (SPCC still closed) and shot a 4 over 74 with no birdies. Granted this is the easiest course in world, but I still hit some quality shots. Short game was actually not bad despite zero practice. This bodes well for the Florida trip at the end of this week.
    Where did you play? If I can sneak out early I might hit Waldon this afternoon for a quick 9. Better play today as the weather is going to change I hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    Where did you play? If I can sneak out early I might hit Waldon this afternoon for a quick 9. Better play today as the weather is going to change I hear...
    Reeves Memorial, aka Lunken. It's about a mile from my house. There is no water, maybe 5 traps, OB on only 1 hole, total yardage approx. 6200, flat as a pancake.
    Is Waldon open? I've got to work pretty late this week.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Reeves Memorial, aka Lunken. It's about a mile from my house. There is no water, maybe 5 traps, OB on only 1 hole, total yardage approx. 6200, flat as a pancake.
    Is Waldon open? I've got to work pretty late this week.

Never played Lunken. Thats pretty far from me though. I know Ive seen it and been by it. Waldon is open. They were packed yesterday. (I drove by there a couple times). Just called them and they are wide open today and I can pretty much walk up if I can get out of here early.

Six days at the range with my son each week. If he doesn't need me to look at his swing, 70-100 balls long game, 20 mins. putting, 30 mins. short game. If he needs another set of eyes, maybe nothing. When he's not playing well, my game goes south. There is a lit driving range at a college near us so we can practice at night in the winter. There is a guy like Pingman there most of the time. He looks miserable and has begun to talk to himself.

I generally get in 4-5 rounds a week, although right now dealing with some non-golf challenges, so 1-3 is it. Pre-round I'll hit 50 balls at most and 20 mins. for short game & putting.

I'm suppose to practice!? Shoot! I knew Iforgot something!!

April 1 - June 28th :

Wake up at 7:20, School 8-2. Driver to golf course. Walk in pro shop and get the low down for the day from the pro and kick his arse out of the shop. work 2:30/3:00 ( I get to choose which) until 7:30 at the earliest, 9:30 at the latest. Close depends on time of year(daylight) and amount of people on course. Go home. Eat dinner, homework (if I didn't get it done at work..people never leave me alone lol It's like I'm working or someting..ohh..wait.. )

Weekend: MY Private practice area at 8:00. (not front yard) warm up and work on tempo..hit full shots with PW-4 iron. Pick all balls up and hit them all again with wedges only. half shots, 3/4's fulls ect.

Then it's 9 holes or 18 it pace of play is ok since I work at 2:00. Have to leave time to talk to people since I know pretty well everyone out there >.<. Then there is dinner..then if it's not 2:00 its practice green time.

Summer: I play when ever I want..as long as I'm done before 2..since..I have to work.

Don't practice much in the summer..Just on the putting green when I'm bored out of my mind while there is noting to do at "work".

yep that's it.

I haven't hit a ball in..1.5 months maybe..

I did however put one of the Grips I got from Lyle G on my driver today. Nice..I may not re-grip my new clubs ( stay tuned) with them..I have yellow MC's with my name on them..
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Tuesday thru Sunday: Small bucket of balls on range: 1/3 with PW or 9i, 1/3 with halo 6i, 1/3 with 5 wood; Then 10 minutes putting and 5 minutes chipping; Tee it up for 18 hole match, sometimes 36 on Saturdays. Rest on Mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    There is a guy like Pingman there most of the time. He looks miserable and has begun to talk to himself.
    actually there are about 3-4 of us who work at the range and we all practice there together same amount of time the only time i practice alone is when i am at home...

The only driving range close to our course is a mat one so I find it pointless to go, so usually in summer, I play at least 18, but 27 or 36 if im not working, Usually spend a half hour a day on the putting/chipping green, Often times I will come up to the course at sunset and play a few holes with a couple of balls for some more pratice.

Since im in University this year and get out of school April 20th, I will have lots of more time then previous years to get my game going for a few big tournments in early July. With High School I found getting out of school in late June doesnt get you perpared enough for some early tournaments, so I guess I will have to excuse this year... Just hope the course opens really soon and the 5 feet of snow on the ground melts ASAP
    Taylormade r7 425 10.5* S 65g RE*AX
    Taylormade r7 st 15* S 70g RE*AX
    Titleist 735.CM 3-PW S300
    Taylormade TP Satin 52.08
    Taylormade TP Satin 56.12
    Titleist Vokey SM60.08
    Odyssey White Hot XG #9 33"
    (Left Handed)

practice, who needs to practice. This game is so easy anyone can play it.
    Driver: Clevland XLS, Aldila NV 65-S shafdt
    Long Irons :XLS 2(19deg) and 4 (25 deg) Hybrid
    Irons: Wilson CI-6 Irons
    Putter: Ody 2 Ball Putter
    BALLS: Bridgestone B-330S

although i have great need for practice i have no time for it.

typical week:

2 A.M. ( yes that's just after midnight) wake up and get to work at 3 A.M. -7A.M. : Drive down town and park in the garage, catch the CARTA and go to school 8 - 12 usually except fridays ( lab so the school doesnt end till 4:30 p.m)

after school i do my homework until 2... go pick up Kyle from school and return home... monday evenings Akemi (my daughter) has ballet at 6: tuesday and thursday Kyle has basketball at 6

when i do have a spare moment i do run to the closest golf course and putt....

why would i need to practice the long game... only 100 yards in matters

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    although i have great need for practice i have no time for it.

typical week:

Omen
    That schedule sounds pretty rough. How long is this going to go on for?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

3 years... COC didnt recognize most of my upper level management classes as upper level management classes... so I'M SCREWED... oh well...

as long as my SPCC MEMBER/GUEST INVITE still gets here on time.

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

I'm somewhere between Omen and Kiwi. I don't have time to get to the driving range during the week, so my only practice is practice swings in my courtyard (which is tiled so the club must stay off the ground which makes it difficult for me to hit down on the ball at the course) and putting on the carpet. Like Omen if I get time during the week I like to head to the putting green.

On Saturdays I hit off early so no matter how good my intetnions I usually get to the course the mandatory 10 minutes before hit off. I like to spend at least 5 minutes on the putting green then 5 minutes stretching and getting loose for the first tee. On the rare occassions when I get there early I like to spend a bit of time practicing my chipsand pitches as well as they are the thing I have most trouble getting the feel of during the round as I don't practice them at home.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information