|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

What kind of shoe and glove do you wear???

Post what kind of shoe and glove you wear....pictures are easier on the eyes

Last edited by MTibbo; 03-05-2008 at 03:02 PM.
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Name:  myglove.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  11.6 KB

Name:  myshoes.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  9.7 KB
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

hi,i'm new to forum.as u can see i am a winner.have no need for glove and like to wear tennis shoes.anyone else not wear golf shoes?

uhmmm.... people who dont golf perhaps....

welcome aboard... hope you have thick skin.

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

I bought a pair of white and black dryjoys, mainly because they were cheap and because I needed a pair of each. and The taylormade gloves are beasts, they take a long time to wear and I also bought a six pack, ordered through my work.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by winner
    hi,i'm new to forum.as u can see i am a winner.have no need for glove and like to wear tennis shoes.anyone else not wear golf shoes?
    As people around here might have realised, I'm not into paying through the nose for something just so you can look good. Personally I think golf shoes are the biggest rip off since Scotty Cameron putters. I would never pay $200 plus for any pair of shoes, especially when athletic style shoes are better suited for golf anyway. Another reason I would never buy golf shoes again is the continual cost of replacing soft spikes. Through the life of the shoe you can add at least another $50 to $100 for replacement cleats that are designed to break at the drop of a hat to suck more money out of you. I picked up a pair of synthetic upper cricket shoes for $50. They are heaps more comfortable and supportive than any golf shoes, and are also lighter and have plenty of grip. I can also wear them off course. I only ever play in shorts so the trainers don't llok out of place either. I still have an old pair of footjoy dry ice's for big tournaments on exclusive courses when I wear long pants, or for when the course is really wet, but for my everyday shoe I'll go with cross trainers any day.

As for gloves, the Mizuno tech flex all weather glove is hard to beat, and far and away the biggest selling glove in Australia among low markers.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    As people around here might have realised, I'm not into paying through the nose for something just so you can look good. Personally I think golf shoes are the biggest rip off since Scotty Cameron putters. I would never pay $200 plus for any pair of shoes, especially when athletic style shoes are better suited for golf anyway. Another reason I would never buy golf shoes again is the continual cost of replacing soft spikes. Through the life of the shoe you can add at least another $50 to $100 for replacement cleats that are designed to break at the drop of a hat to suck more money out of you. I picked up a pair of synthetic upper cricket shoes for $50. They are heaps more comfortable and supportive than any golf shoes, and are also lighter and have plenty of grip. I can also wear them off course. I only ever play in shorts so the trainers don't llok out of place either. I still have an old pair of footjoy dry ice's for big tournaments on exclusive courses when I wear long pants, or for when the course is really wet, but for my everyday shoe I'll go with cross trainers any day.

As for gloves, the Mizuno tech flex all weather glove is hard to beat, and far and away the biggest selling glove in Australia among low markers.
    Until it starts pouring rain, and then you wish you would have paid that $200.00 on that pair of waterproof shoes. I'm not gonna squish my way around the golf course in a pair of nike cross trainers. I dont buy them because they look good its because they are really comfortable and help stabilize the lower body and keep you grounded. You can get a decent pair for $120.00.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Shoes were only $60, or around there, I find them good for the money and they are very light

Usually always have a foot joy glove

I bought these but havn't tried them yet, not sure if there good or not
    Taylormade r7 425 10.5* S 65g RE*AX
    Taylormade r7 st 15* S 70g RE*AX
    Titleist 735.CM 3-PW S300
    Taylormade TP Satin 52.08
    Taylormade TP Satin 56.12
    Titleist Vokey SM60.08
    Odyssey White Hot XG #9 33"
    (Left Handed)

Quote Originally Posted by newfie_golfer
    Shoes were only $60, or around there, I find them good for the money and they are very light

Usually always have a foot joy glove

I bought these but havn't tried them yet, not sure if there good or not
    whats wrong with your last picture? edit: its working now, never mind.

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TmacG
    Until it starts pouring rain, and then you wish you would have paid that $200.00 on that pair of waterproof shoes. I'm not gonna squish my way around the golf course in a pair of nike cross trainers. I dont buy them because they look good its because they are really comfortable and help stabilize the lower body and keep you grounded. You can get a decent pair for $120.00.

TmacG
    Not in Australia you can't. Good waterproof golf shoes start at around $150 and go up to $250 for top shelf.

We have good weather forecasters here and as I said I have an old pair of footjoys for rainy days. My shoes are synthetic uppers and are still partially waterproof. When I said cross trainers I wasn't actually talking about flimsy nylon running shoes, but good solid shoes with plenty of support. I can honestly say that my $50 cricket shoes provide as much comfort, support, stability and grip as any golf shoes I've owned.

I'm not knocking the qulaity of golf shoes, but in Australia they are just too expensive for what you get.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

2000th post, what a fuking waste of time

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    2000th post, what a fuking waste of time

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
    Just the 2000th, or all other 1999 preceeding it? Very eloquent and accurate self evaluation.

mine are older model without fancy saddle...but brown on brown
    Wedge- Mizuno MP-T : 56* SW Blk Ox and 60* LW Raw
    Putter= NeverCompromise Z/1 Alpha putter
    Ball- Nike One Plat 07 or TF D2 Feel
    Bag- Ogio Grom

Well ovbisouly you dont play morning golf......with the dew on the ground your probably going to need proper shoes....I got my 360's for 110.00, + shipping..........you can get very good shoes for under 150 bucks..
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Don't wear gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by MTibbo
    Well ovbisouly you dont play morning golf......with the dew on the ground your probably going to need proper shoes....I got my 360's for 110.00, + shipping..........you can get very good shoes for under 150 bucks..
    In case you haven't noticed, I live in Australia. That menas:
    1. The dew isn't that heavy here and in any case the shoes I have are semi water resistant and canhandle dew.

2. You CAN'T get 360's for anything like $110, and even if I could I would consider that highway robbery for a golf shoe. There is no way the price of golf shoes is justified. For the quality of shoe, they should be much less compared to other sports shoes. Golf shoe companies are taking advantage of a niche market, and know that golf is an obsession and that money is no object for golfers who want to get the latest gear..

In case you haven't noticed, I live in Australia. That menas:
    1. The dew isn't that heavy here and in any case the shoes I have are semi water resistant and canhandle dew.

2. You CAN'T get 360's for anything like $110, and even if I could I would consider that highway robbery for a golf shoe. There is no way the price of golf shoes is justified. For the quality of shoe, they should be much less compared to other sports shoes. Golf shoe companies are taking advantage of a niche market, and know that golf is an obsession and that money is no object for golfers who want to get the latest gear..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes you can.... I bought mine on eBay....110 buy it now, from the states....so I paid like 30 or somethhing for shipping..............
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist

Don't wear gloves.
    Good for you. I don't wear shoes, either....
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

any good cabretta glove on sale
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    TM R5n 9.5 w/ speeder 757
    Titleist 15 deg. w/ speeder
    Macgregor M675 w/ dynamic gold s300's
    TM rac 52, 56, 60 gold wedge shafts
    tm rossa AGSI+ daytona 1

I wear them because I look good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by txgolf
    any good cabretta glove on sale
    Are those Nike's waterproof? I will get a pair if they are.

yes they are LyleG. i believe a 2 year guarantee. tgw had them on sale for $70. very comfortable
    TM R5n 9.5 w/ speeder 757
    Titleist 15 deg. w/ speeder
    Macgregor M675 w/ dynamic gold s300's
    TM rac 52, 56, 60 gold wedge shafts
    tm rossa AGSI+ daytona 1

I buy a new pair of shoes every year. Something decent. The past 2 years I've bought Adidas 360 II's. After 3 years, I toss out a pair. My only gripe about the 360's is they are heavy.
    For gloves, my absolute favorite are Footjoy StaSofs. They are around $18 so I've given up on them. I now go with Mastergrip Dyna Elites. They are something like 2 for $11 and feel almost as good as the FJ's. They aren't durable at all and I like my gloves new. I probably change gloves every 5 rounds, but the cost isn't killing me with the Mastergrips.
    The best part is I get a Mastergrip mailer every week with the most ridiculous looking gear ever designed. Good gloves though.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

The 360's are heavy, easily the heaviest golf shoe I have ever tried.

I just ordered a pair of those Nike's. Thanks txgolf for the heads up.

Heavy but comfortable........Ebay is a great way to buy gloves for cheap....6 gloves 60 bucks....have a look
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Heavy but comfortable........Ebay is a great way to buy gloves for cheap....6 gloves 60 bucks....have a look
    I've never seen StaSof's anywhere close to $10 per glove, but it's been awhile since I've looked. Still doesn't beat 2 for $11.
    Lyle, I didn't have you pegged as a tennis shoe wearing golfer.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I wasnt really talking about the stasof....gloves in general..
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

I wasnt really talking about the stasof....gloves in general..
    You can also buy 120 golf balls for $30. Not ProV1's. Used Top Flites, but who's counting.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    This is the absolute gayest thread in the history of internet forums.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

MTibbo,
    That's still over $13/glove. I'm getting 2 for $13.95 from Mastergrip. I'm no mathematician but that's almost twice as good. I'm giving you (and everyone else) an alternative cheap glove source. You can do what you will with that information, but stop trying to convince me that Ebay has better deals.
    http://www.mggolf.com/gloves.asp?ru=...&shopping=&f=g
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Mastergrip kicks serious arse
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Horseballs....I wasnt trying to convince you of anything..notice how I didnt quote you meaning I was talking to everybody else on GR???? So im giving you and everybody else an alternative then MASTERGRIP.............
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    Mastergrip kicks serious arse
    Its the only way to go...
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Lyle, I didn't have you pegged as a tennis shoe wearing golfer.
    Most of the time I wear the Adidas tour model that was out before the 360, or the power band's. I want the Nike's for just going out in the evening and playing around hitting 10 balls on every hole, and for the range. They are also good with shorts when playing rock hard muni's once in a while.

TM r5 TP Diamana 83
    Mizuno F-50 15*
    Cobra Baffler 20*
    Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
    Mizuno MP-T 52*
    Ping iWedge 56*
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Chrome 60* (pfft!)
    Cameron Circa 62 #2
    Mizuno Twister Staff Bag

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomInTheSlot
    I wear them because I look good.
    Where can I pick up a pair of those?

TmacG
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

I've been using one of these for a while now (as well as the Mizuno gloves). Very comfortable and very durable. I've had the same glove for twice as long as other gloves and still shows no real signs of wear and tear or stretching out of shape. They also come up nice and clean by putting through the wash. They don't go stiff if you get them wet either. They aren't one of the cool brands, but they perform well. Considering the durability they are pretty cheap.

http://www.innovagolf.com/gripbiteglove.html

i buy good shoes because i wear them every day. living in florida im at the range 5 days a week and i play every sat. and sun.
    i wear sp 8 and ive had them since jan 07 i just sent them back 14 days ago yesterday because my feet were getting wet......i already have my new ones,no charge.
    you get what you pay for. all you fukking cheap as$ hacks keep wearing your kangaroos!!!!

Thread Information