|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Titleist vs Mizuno

Hi, I'm a newbie here and I want to buy an iron set. I'm a beginner in golf.
    I'm thinking to buy either Mizuno MP or MX, or Titleist CB690.
    What do you guys think? any recommendations?
    thanks

demo them then come back.

thanks.

Everyone is different, but I recently purchased a set of Mizuno MX-23s and love them, but I'd agree that you should demo them first.

If you are a beginner, you will want forgiving clubs. Among the options you mentioned, the Mizuno MX-20 or MX-23's are more forgiving than the MP's or the Titleists. Taylormade, Ping, and Cleveland among others also have some nice cavity back irons you'd probably enjoy.
    DEMO, and demo on a driving range. Don't just hit into a net at a store. You'll have no idea what is actually happening to the ballflight. In a store net, you'll gravitate to the one with the softest shaft because it "feels better", but it may not be the one that you can control the best in the real world. Good luck.

Talking

I'll simplify it for you:

Mizuno for irons.
    Titleist for metal woods.

thanks for the information
    ;)

A friend of mine was testing the 690 CB a couple of months ago and didn't got ONE solid hit. I couldn't believe it so I tried them, and didn't got ONE solid hit too. I immediately hit my Mizuno MP-33's and got good hits. So I was very dissappointed in the 690 CB. Titleist claims they are forged, but compared to my MP-33's they feel like a brick. But as you say you are beginning the game of golf, I wouldn't recommend the MP-33's fo they are not forgiving. Before the MP-33's I played Wilson fatshaft tourcast (now followed by the deep red irons) and I would recommend a set like that for (serious) starters. And if you start hitting about 75% of your irons in the sweetspot you should consider 'blades', but first give them a test at a demo-day.

Have fun,

Spinner

if your a beginner you might want to demo the nike slingshot irons

Mizuno RUST!

I had purchased a set of Mizuno MX23 and after only 3 weeks the club faces started to rust. Mizuno said it was perfectly normal. They suggested I clean them thoroughly after each round and use WD40 to coat them every once and a while. After hearing that I quickly returned them. I got an even better feeling club with less maintenance and head aches. I believe golf is complicated enough, that you don't need to worry about making sure that your clubs are bone dry and lubricated. Try out the Titliest 804OS and you won't be dissappointed. Mizuno has been known to have very bad customer service.

Peter

Mizuno all the way, BUT...

I BELIEVE that Mizuno makes the best irons period! Especially if you get a forged club the titliest irons are not even in the same class! Everyone who knows golf clubs says that Mizuno has the best forgings and i totally agree having played both clubs! I am playing a set of MP-30's right now and do not know if I will ever hit anything else! They are just that good!

Having said all that, I would agree with the advice that everyone else has offered. You really need to go hit a bunch of stuff before you decide. If you are a new player the clubs you mention may not be what you are looking for to get started as they are harder to hit and demand more consistency.

Having said that, when you demo clubs, make sure you try the MP-30's!!!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by birdman
    I BELIEVE that Mizuno makes the best irons period! Especially if you get a forged club the titliest irons are not even in the same class! Everyone who knows golf clubs says that Mizuno has the best forgings and i totally agree having played both clubs! I am playing a set of MP-30's right now and do not know if I will ever hit anything else! They are just that good!

Having said all that, I would agree with the advice that everyone else has offered. You really need to go hit a bunch of stuff before you decide. If you are a new player the clubs you mention may not be what you are looking for to get started as they are harder to hit and demand more consistency.

Having said that, when you demo clubs, make sure you try the MP-30's!!!

Rob
    I agree with Birdman that the MP 30's are great clubs. However, he stated that he was a beginner, and the MP 30's are clearly somewhere between a cavity back and a muscleback. He might want something a bit more forgiving, along the line of a true cavity back.

Quote Originally Posted by STrIKe
    Hi, I'm a newbie here and I want to buy an iron set. I'm a beginner in golf.
    I'm thinking to buy either Mizuno MP or MX, or Titleist CB690.
    What do you guys think? any recommendations?
    thanks
    Take a look at the Cleveland TA6's and the TaylorMade RAC HT's. Both are very forgiving and are a good choice for a beginner.

Demo all you can.

Good Luck

Yeah, I love the MP-30 but I don't think that's the right club for a beginner. Mizuno's MX-23 is supposed to be a very good set though.

My first set of forged clubs was the Wilson Staff RM and they were great. Soft forged and a full cavity. If you don't want to spend the dough on a set of forged, you can always get a set of cast clubs. They're much more durable.
    All the Best,

John P. Gulyas, MU2, USN
    NAS Jax, FL

If there is anyone on this site that can tell you what brand of clubs to buy because they are the ones for you, i will personally buy you a ticket to the moon, first class from any major centre in North America.

Only you can tell what feels right for you. Personally, i hate Nike irons. They feel like garbage. But that doesn't mean they won't work for someone else.

You're best bet is to first go check out the golf store. Find three or four sets that catch your eye. Astetics are important. Once you've narrowed this down, hit all of the at the range, or at least at minimum into a net (this sucks, but if it's your only way, then so be it). Thirdly, narrow down your choices by feel and personal preference. If a set if 200 bucks more than another, but feels night and day better in your paws, buy them. Don't nickel and dime over satisfaction. It's not worth it if you're spending the money already.

I don't want to come off harsh, but if you ask opinions on one set of clubs, that's fine, but when you ask a bunch of strangers what works best for your game from THEIR experience, you're a lamb being led by wolves.

Just my two cents, which is worthless in the US.

R35
    "35 on the front, 50 on the back....I love this game."

Thread Information