|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

My first swing video....Don't hurt my tender feelings

I'm working on shortening my backswing, and trying to figure out why my left thumb is twisting the clubface all over the place in my backswing.

This year I'm going to finally get with an instructor and take some lessons. I want to do what they do in the very near future.

I know it's not a perfect golf swing, but keep in mind this is only because I'm not swinging a Mizuno iron in this video. It's a lowly Titleist iron.

Different link

http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_1...Golf_Swing.htm

Keep it clean.
    Last edited by QueenCityGolfer; 04-11-2008 at 08:32 PM.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Setup looks good & u got the reverse "C" going on. Looks like you accelerate well through the ball. You're right about the Mizzy's they are way too much club for us POS Titleist players. The 735's are sweet sticks.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    right about the Mizzy's they are way too much club for us POS Titleist players.
    Yeah, and that makes me a little sad, but I hope to one day be good enough to appreciate the almighty Mizuno iron.

BJ... Did you know that Mizuno irons are forged from magical steel, and are handcrafted by ancient samurai swordsmiths?

The 735's are sweet sticks.
    They aren't bad for being made by Titleist.

I wouldn't even give that sweater you're wearing to a homeless man with a kazoo.

From the ONE swing it appears as tho you have: good balance, a fast tempo, excellent flexability, lots of club head speed, and a nice descending divot. I hope you can tone it down a little with your wedges for accuracy's sake. Dang, it hurts my back just watching the flexability in your follow thru.

Quote Originally Posted by spankdog
    I wouldn't even give that sweater you're wearing to a homeless man with a kazoo.
    Ha. It's not even a sweater. It's just a long sleeve shirt with a collar, with a blue tee shirt underneath. I'll send you one. You'll like it, and wear it often.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick
    From the ONE swing it appears as tho you have: good balance, a fast tempo, excellent flexability, lots of club head speed, and a nice descending divot. I hope you can tone it down a little with your wedges for accuracy's sake. Dang, it hurts my back just watching the flexability in your follow thru.
    My short game is actually the strongest part of my game, and you are correct, being able to control the pace is a must with the wedges. I do tone it down a bit, but still I miss a lot of my shots long with the wedges and shorter clubs. I have to work on that. I don't have any videos of me hitting a wedge, I'll have to take some next time I'm at the range and see what it looks like.

Thanks for the comments.

I get a link to some TSN get it on crap.... sorry too lazy to find your proper link.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGolfer
    Ha. It's not even a sweater. It's just a long sleeve shirt with a collar, with a blue tee shirt underneath. I'll send you one. You'll like it, and wear it often.
    No.

I will keep my Mancard for now, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by neverman
    I get a link to some TSN get it on crap.... sorry too lazy to find your proper link.
    Yeah, I got a stupid pop up add in the middle of the video that messed it all up. I uploaded at a different site. There is a new link.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by spankdog
    No.

I will keep my Mancard for now, thank you.
    Is that you John Daly?

http://www.callawaygardens.com/callaway/info/golf.courses.aspx
    1st of all thanks for the link to vidilife. Now as far as your swing? i see a couple of fixes. at set up u'r shoulders are just a tad bit to square-level w/one & the other, though its the finish that counts. allow more latteral movement in the left knee towards the right knee w/o swaying this will relax u'r take away, just don't raise up. Remember to transfer your weight back and forth inside the arches of u'r feet. momentun will take care of the finish. u'r left shoulder during take-away is crashing into u'r chin causing a improper head tilt. the chin should not turn away from the ball & your target. play more under your chin. if anything the top of u'r head should tilt to the right while u'r chin stays left, u might try this head tilt at address . your to far past parallel at the top with the club especially w/a wedge. keep u'r head down at the bottom of u'r swing & take away for that matter. just keep u'r head down. the body follows the head. work on striking the ball properly i.e. dollar bill size divot on the flag side of the ball this will give u max distance-loft while allowing a more relaxed swing...remember head down, play within the arches of your feet. as far as u'r left thumb goes i suspect that the problem may be in u'r wrist, hard to tell from the video. anyway, i'm by no means a guru but you asked.
    "For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks-not that you won or lost-
    But how you played the game."
    Grantland Rice.

"There's something intrinsically therapeutic about choosing to spend your time in a wide, open park-like setting that non-golfers can never truly understand."
    Charles Rosin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick C
    u'r left shoulder during take-away is crashing into u'r chin causing a improper head tilt. the chin should not turn away from the ball & your target. play more under your chin. if anything the top of u'r head should tilt to the right while u'r chin stays left, u might try this head tilt at address
    Well, a lot of that is because I have big shoulders. I have to let the chin turn away in order to make room for my shoulders to pass. If I started moving my head back as a preset to the backswing, my whole body would slide back, and my ball striking would suffer.

your to far past parallel at the top with the club especially w/a wedge
    This swing was with a 7 iron, not a wedge. But I know I'm too far past parallel in this vid. I think I've corrected that here within the last week or so.

Thanks for the commments.

Let's try this...

I think if you shorten your swing up alot it would do wonders, I would suggest going a little short of parallel, it should improve your control alot
    Taylormade r7 425 10.5* S 65g RE*AX
    Taylormade r7 st 15* S 70g RE*AX
    Titleist 735.CM 3-PW S300
    Taylormade TP Satin 52.08
    Taylormade TP Satin 56.12
    Titleist Vokey SM60.08
    Odyssey White Hot XG #9 33"
    (Left Handed)

Thread Information