|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Tiger out for a least a month after surgery

All over ESPN, AOL, and TGC. Woods had orthoscopic knee surgery on his left knee to repair cartilage damage. He'll be out for at least a month, but back for sure in time for the US Open. That means he'll be out for The Players Championship, as well as the Wachovia Championship.

The knee had been bothering him since near the middle of last year (PGA Championship, 8th hole, celebrating after a birdie putt and coming down funny on the knee maybe?) and he decided to have the surgery done right after the Masters.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    All over ESPN, AOL, and TGC. Woods had orthoscopic knee surgery on his left knee to repair cartilage damage. He'll be out for at least a month, but back for sure in time for the US Open. That means he'll be out for The Players Championship, as well as the Wachovia Championship.

The knee had been bothering him since near the middle of last year (PGA Championship, 8th hole, celebrating after a birdie putt and coming down funny on the knee maybe?) and he decided to have the surgery done right after the Masters.

Terrible news. It's gonna happen eventually if you post up on the left knee on every swing. A human leg just isn't meant to bend that way. This is the second surgery on that knee now, if I'm not mistaken.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Terrible news. It's gonna happen eventually if you post up on the left knee on every swing. A human leg just isn't meant to bend that way. This is the second surgery on that knee now, if I'm not mistaken.
    FON
    When he was young he used to snap (hyper extend) it out on every drive to get more distance. Very bad for the long term health of the knee. Learning to get rid of that move was a big reason behind his first round of swing changes. It's definitely his second surgery on the same knee so I'd hazard a guess it's a chronic degenerative condition that will need more surgery as time goes on. Hope it goes well for him and he can play pain free for the rest of the year. It just makes his performances over the last few months more impressive.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 04-15-2008 at 08:45 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    I had the same surgery on my right knee in November '06. It's now starting to give me problems again. I hope this doesn't give him trouble throughout the rest of his career.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    I had the same surgery on my right knee in November '06. It's now starting to give me problems again. I hope this doesn't give him trouble throughout the rest of his career.
    I had this surgery in February of 2000. Meniscus (sp?) had a tear and MCL had scar tissue. It was non-invasive and everything was cleaned out with a laser. I gave up my basketball and indoor soccer leagues for the winter and followed the recommended rehab. I honestly haven't had any problems since then. Of course I was 26 at the time and pretty much bulletproof.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I had this surgery in February of 2000. Meniscus (sp?) had a tear and MCL had scar tissue. It was non-invasive and everything was cleaned out with a laser. I gave up my basketball and indoor soccer leagues for the winter and followed the recommended rehab. I honestly haven't had any problems since then. Of course I was 26 at the time and pretty much bulletproof.
    He said I had a hollowed-out area behind the patella that should have contained cartilage. So he "damaged" the area so my body would respond by building more cartilage. It hasn't bothered me at all until recently.

He said I had a hollowed-out area behind the patella that should have contained cartilage. So he "damaged" the area so my body would respond by building more cartilage. It hasn't bothered me at all until recently.
    That process works with humans. You should have gone to one of the vets at the zoo since they have more experience with gorillas.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

haha speaking of which, we took Kinley to the zoo 2 weeks ago. I got a pic of my great uncle Larry.

It probably wasn't an issue until the little slip at the PGA. I'm confused why he didn't get it done post Presidents Cup when he had all that time off?
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Is he actually going to miss any time? With his schedule, he could afford to get both knees done plus a boob job without missing a start.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

4-6 weeks according to The Golf Channel. Out for the Wachovia and Players Championship. He should be back for the Memorial?
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

haha speaking of which, we took Kinley to the zoo 2 weeks ago. I got a pic of my great uncle Larry.

hey bj looks like your UNCLE larry has quite a camel toe, maybe its your auntie larinda.

anyway tiger will be fine think of the people working on him.

So someone else will have a chance to win the player's this year. Go Big John!!!

daveperk Guest
    That's not a camel toe on Uncle Larry, it's just a big old belly button.

I can relate to Uncle Larry. Neither one of us can see John Henry without a mirror. :-)

Uncle Larry just sat there and stared at us the whole time. I guess he recognized me but just couldn't remember my name. No wonder he's so damn fat.

Thread Information