|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adios shovels and hybrids Hello forged blades and 3 wood!!

I finally decided to make my own set of forged blades and am dumping my hybrids to go with a 3 wood and long irons. i built the irons last night and am waiting for them to cure I cant wait to hit them.
    Driver-Cleveland HiBore 10.5* Reg flex UST Proforce V2
    3W-Maltby CT250 Max MOI w/ Aldila NVS75 R
    Maltby M-05 forged Irons w/ Rifle Flighted 5.5
    Mizuno T-Series 53*
    Cleveland- CG10 56*
    Sonartec 60*
    Putter-Odyssey Marxman
    Ball-Bridgestone B330 "BOOM IT"
    handicap-11
    Bag- Carry OGIO Ozone orange

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Finally a real man exposing himself on this forum. Well done badds.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Great decision Badds. I only wish I had the time, money and dedication to practice to make such a leap to setup of full on mans clubs like that.

You might get some crap from SBD whatever his farkin name is about the 10.5 degree driver. He equates 10.5 drivers to needing hybrids. He really is one of the bigger DB's on this site and has very limited knowledge on the subtleties of real mans golf.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Stupid decision. Obviously the idiotic mentality of this board has gotten to you. Enjoy shooting higher scores.

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    Stupid decision. Obviously the idiotic mentality of this board has gotten to you. Enjoy shooting higher scores.
    seriously, we would like an accounting of this decision. What were your ten most recent scores before you switched to this set and what are the first ten rounds you shoot with the new clubs?

If Lyle's criticism is accurate, the 20 scores should tell the story. If he is, however, wrong, your scores will indicate that too.

DOes a real man actually post scores here, even if they're not in the 60's or 70's? :-)

p.s. I am not a real man.

It's no use, Lyle. The weak minded can be easily swayed by the zealous but ignorant. Whether he will have the courage to admit the mistake 3 or 6 months from now is questionable, because it might cast aspersions on his manhood. The macho, chest-beating mentality of some people on this board would be simply comical, if there weren't people who seem to fall victim to this nonsense every so often.
    The wannabes on this board should spend time on Bombsquad, where posturing and posing has been refined to a higher level yet. Then they could get hosed buying "Tour" equipment, and brag endlessly about how their games have been improved at the cost of thousands of dollars.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

At least Badds will now know where his swing stands since his clubs won't be doing the work for him. True GAME IMPROVEMENT clubs are like good parents. They punish you when you do wrong, and reward you when you do right. Best move you could have made Badds, welcome to the player's side.

Don't let these sod-laying, grave-digging, SGI OVERSIZE CAST POS OFFSET GRAPHITE SHAFTED LADIES' TEES playing hackers tell you any different.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    At least Badds will now know where his swing stands since his clubs won't be doing the work for him. True GAME IMPROVEMENT clubs are like good parents. They punish you when you do wrong, and reward you when you do right. Best move you could have made Badds, welcome to the player's side.

Don't let these sod-laying, grave-digging, SGI OVERSIZE CAST POS OFFSET GRAPHITE SHAFTED LADIES' TEES playing hackers tell you any different.
    Your mindless, "black and white only" logic apparently dictates that there are only two types of players in the world: those who play blades, and those who play super game improvement shovels. You amply demonstrate your ignorance and stupidity when you make statements like those above. Thank you for making my case for me......

Few things are as amusing as watching the absurdities of the posts of illogical, insecure, image-conscious buffoons. Fortunately, this board has several, so our entertainment needs are met for the near future......
    Last edited by dorkman53; 04-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Fortunately, this board has several, so our entertainment needs are met for the near future......
    Funny how if it's so entertaining, none of you fairway excavating choppers can bite your tongues when a post is made about it.

I noticed you didn't make a post on my "explain your username" thread. I'm assuming yours is self-explanatory eh.

By the way, great win for Boo Weekly yesterday, a big wad of chew in his mouth & a nice set of blades in his bag! That's how real men roll.

Funny how if it's so entertaining, none of you fairway excavating choppers can bite your tongues when a post is made about it.

I noticed you didn't make a post on my "explain your username" thread. I'm assuming yours is self-explanatory eh.

By the way, great win for Boo Weekly yesterday, a big wad of chew in his mouth & a nice set of blades in his bag! That's how real men roll.
    You "blades for me, you, and the whole world" guys are so pathetically insecure, it is truly amazing. Your selective sampling demonstrates your intellectual dishonesty. Please post the next ten times someone carrying either cavity backs or a hybrid wins on any of the tours. It won't take many weeks, either.
    P.S. I'll send you a can of Copenhagen; I'm pretty sure it will help brighten up your teeth and improve your breath......

You "blades for me, you, and the whole world" guys are so pathetically insecure, it is truly amazing. Your selective sampling demonstrates your intellectual dishonesty. Please post the next ten times someone carrying either cavity backs or a hybrid wins on any of the tours. It won't take many weeks, either.
    P.S. I'll send you a can of Copenhagen; I'm pretty sure it will help brighten up your teeth and improve your breath......
    lol, I don't like Cope, but you can send some Redman Golden Blend and a box of Arturo Fuente Opus-X.

Geez dorkman, you are quite the wet blanket. Newsflash! BJ doesn't care what clubs you play. He was using (and bragging about the awesomeness of) various "shovels" only a few weeks ago. Your fancy vobabulary and general snobbery will never change the fact that you are the intended audience for the blades vs. shovels debate, and you never fail to take the bait. Smarten up, dorkbag.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

HOOK
    LINE
    SINKER

He does help a slow Monday move faster!

HOOK
    LINE
    SINKER

He does help a slow Monday move faster!
    Yeah maybe so, but I'm getting bored with the topic in general. We need a new cross to bear at GR. Iron covers won't cut it, and Hibores have been done to death. Maybe it's time to start hating on saddle shoes.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Yeah maybe so, but I'm getting bored with the topic in general. We need a new cross to bear at GR. Iron covers won't cut it, and Hibores have been done to death. Maybe it's time to start hating on saddle shoes.
    Agreed, who the hell in here is wearing Super SGI faggoty arse gay chopper cast saddle shoes???

People still wear those gay arse things?

As for new crosses to bare, HB's 'how to spot a hacker' thread has given us heaps of material to work with.

But getting back to this thread, and to answer Lyle, a couple of years ago I had a set of Precept Tour premium (forged players cavity, very sleek and blade like and the closest thing to forged muscleback blades you can get) with rifle 6.0's in them. With them in the bag I got to my lowest mark (7.6) and was regularly shooting mid to high 70's. I then took the advice of nitwits like Dorkman and got rid of them to get a set of clubs with more forgiveness. My handicap blew out to B grade and has still never quite got back to the old mark, even though I'm a much better short game player now and feel like I swing better. I believe that if I kept the blades my handicap would have gone even lower because I was forced to concentrate more and make the shot instead of getting sloppy and relying on the club correcting faults, and the good shots had more precision. Even the Mizuno's have only got me back to near where I was. Bottom line, I think Badds game and scores will improve out of sight now he has some clubs that will make him play the shots, and get the rewards for good shots.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I play blades, and I have never broken 90.

I think the ones with the ego problem are the bastards playing shovels and gay ass hybrids. They don't want to play man's clubs because it will raise their score.

I will take a higher score than that gay sh!t all day, son.

spank

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    People still wear those gay arse things?

As for new crosses to bare, HB's 'how to spot a hacker' thread has given us heaps of material to work with.

But getting back to this thread, and to answer Lyle, a couple of years ago I had a set of Precept Tour premium (forged players cavity, very sleek and blade like and the closest thing to forged muscleback blades you can get) with rifle 6.0's in them. With them in the bag I got to my lowest mark (7.6) and was regularly shooting mid to high 70's. I then took the advice of nitwits like Dorkman and got rid of them to get a set of clubs with more forgiveness. My handicap blew out to B grade and has still never quite got back to the old mark, even though I'm a much better short game player now and feel like I swing better. I believe that if I kept the blades my handicap would have gone even lower because I was forced to concentrate more and make the shot instead of getting sloppy and relying on the club correcting faults, and the good shots had more precision. Even the Mizuno's have only got me back to near where I was. Bottom line, I think Badds game and scores will improve out of sight now he has some clubs that will make him play the shots, and get the rewards for good shots.
    If you were truly shooting in the mid-70's and then took the advice of someone else and got more forgiving clubs, then you are the true nitwit. My consistent position has always been that people should demo clubs whenever possible, and not play clubs they can't handle. If you were in the mid-70's playing blades, then you were stupid to change to cavity backs. If someone is having trouble breaking 90, changing to blades would be seriously suspect in the brains department. This entire discussion, and this board in general are becoming very tiresome and dull, just like some of the outspoken blades advocates. They speak passionately and consistently, and when shown the stupidity of their position, they say, "Gotcha! I was kidding all along." Incredibly immature and absurd......

I was shooting good scores but had the occassional duff that was exacerbated by the unforgiving nature of blades, and kept getting advice from everyone (including the pro) who said the Precepts were too hard to hit (mainly because THEY couldn't hit them). I may go over the top at times to have some fun here, but it is my unequivocal opinion that for any golfer with any semlbance of athleticism in their swing would play better golfs with blades than CB's. Maybe as you get older CB's and hybrids are necessary, but as we are all under 40 I would say that blades are the way to go. If I ever found a set of blades for a low price I would put them in the bag again (at least 5 iron down) in a heartbeat.

Lightbulb I'm converted

I just put some new rac MB TP blades with Tour Flighted Rifle 6.0 in the bag to replace my ancient Supersteels, and have learned a very valuable lesson in the process, which I'll just throw out there for argument's sake...

I hit my new blades every bit as good - actually vastly superior to my old GI clubs that were forgiving me for mistakes I wasn't even making. The sweet spot is still there, and I hit it more times than not. My ears and hands aren't ringing from all the harsh vibrations of a mishit. None of my good shots have become misses. <----That's the key right there.

Don't knock it 'til you try it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why for so long, I was intimidated by clubs like these. Turns out they are just as easy to hit pure shots with as any SGI club on the market. You just can't expect to underachieve and still be rewarded for it.

I'm ecstatic about the switch. I wish I'd done it years ago.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by spankdog

I think the ones with the ego problem are the bastards playing shovels and gay ass hybrids. They don't want to play man's clubs because it will raise their score.

spank
    Spoken like a real man.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    I just put some new rac MB TP blades with Tour Flighted Rifle 6.0 in the bag to replace my ancient Supersteels, and have learned a very valuable lesson in the process, which I'll just throw out there for argument's sake...

I hit my new blades every bit as good - actually vastly superior to my old GI clubs that were forgiving me for mistakes I wasn't even making. The sweet spot is still there, and I hit it more times than not. My ears and hands aren't ringing from all the harsh vibrations of a mishit. None of my good shots have become misses. <----That's the key right there.

Don't knock it 'til you try it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why for so long, I was intimidated by clubs like these. Turns out they are just as easy to hit pure shots with as any SGI club on the market. You just can't expect to underachieve and still be rewarded for it.

I'm ecstatic about the switch. I wish I'd done it years ago.

FON
    This is exactly right. If you make fairly consistent center contact, have a decent path and make a downward strike, blades reward you, at least mine do (MP-32). If you are still improving, or have the potential to, blades won't let you get away with sloppy flaws and will help you improve your technique. And if your bad shots tend to go left, depending on the cause, they might be less penal, not more (my experience) although I don't know if there are GI-s out now that avoid this.

I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid here, but I prefer blades. If the next guy prefers GI, that's his perogative, I'm not in his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by spankdog

spank
    Well said spank. YOU shoot your scores, not your clubs. Blades let u know exactly where you stand and what you need to work on, not hide and fix your swing flaws.

We need a new cross to bear at GR. Maybe it's time to start hating on saddle shoes.
    I couldn't agree more. Saddle shoes could be the dumbest looking things ever created. I've never worn them and never will. If you are older than 6 and don't need orthopedic assistance, find something that doesn't look like a cut down Bozo the Clown shoe. If you have them now and can't bear to part with them, get a clown wig, put on white makeup and a rubber nose so you can at least complete the look.

I was shooting good scores but had the occassional duff that was exacerbated by the unforgiving nature of blades, and kept getting advice from everyone (including the pro) who said the Precepts were too hard to hit (mainly because THEY couldn't hit them). I may go over the top at times to have some fun here, but it is my unequivocal opinion that for any golfer with any semlbance of athleticism in their swing would play better golfs with blades than CB's. Maybe as you get older CB's and hybrids are necessary, but as we are all under 40 I would say that blades are the way to go. If I ever found a set of blades for a low price I would put them in the bag again (at least 5 iron down) in a heartbeat.
    Same here. $ is tight right now while I'm paying my wife's student loans. She graduates this spring with her Bachelors in Middle Education. When she lands a job this fall there will be either MP-33s or 690mb's in my bag. I don't want to settle for a beat up set, so I'm waiting. Truth be told these dci b's are smaller and less forgiving than any blade I've ever hit so it will probably be more like going to a GI club. I just miss that forged feel.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I couldn't agree more. Saddle shoes could be the dumbest looking things ever created. I've never worn them and never will. If you are older than 6 and don't need orthopedic assistance, find something that doesn't look like a cut down Bozo the Clown shoe. If you have them now and can't bear to part with them, get a clown wig, put on white makeup and a rubber nose so you can at least complete the look.
    One shoe looked even dumber. Don't know if you got them over there but a while back here Footjoy brought out a pair of 'laceless' shoes which had some sort of large ugly dial on the heel of the shoe. They were hideous. Needless to say they didn't catch on and I ave not seen one pair on the golf course. And yes, they came in saddle.

Man oh Man are blades amazing I played yesterday and shot my all time low for 9 holes in high wind. I shot 40 on 9 and pared 5 holes and bogeied 4 thats right no doubles for me.
    And you cant beat the feel and consistintcy of forged irons. and now i enjoy sending a beautiful long iron soaring. I brought 1 of my old shovels with graphite shafts to the range today to compare it to the blades i just got. WOW what a difference the shovel hit the balls like 10 miles high and to the right. the blades i hit with a slight draw and with a beautiful trajectory. I dont care what anybody says i think you should play with the clubs you play best if whether its CBs or blades.But i know I LOVE my blades
    Mizuno T-Series 53*
    Cleveland- CG10 56*
    Sonartec 60*
    Putter-Odyssey Marxman
    handicap-11

Quote Originally Posted by baddeley
    I dont care what anybody says i think you should play with the clubs you play best if whether its CBs or blades.But i know I LOVE my blades
    This short statement sums up this whole arguement perfectly.

Congratulations Badds, hope you keep enjoying them and your scores continue dropping.

I love my CB's and will keep playing them too!

Good luck!

Kiwi
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I think beginners should play blades. Blades go a long way in teaching proper hand eye coordination by providing player feedback.

If you can already swing a club pretty well then you can play blades no problem. There is no trick to them and you don't have to be a "man" to play them. I played VIPs and Mizunos back and forth for 4 years. They may look pretty but they're nothing special! Tons of better clubs on the market now days. Insistent blades only players are posers! They would rather polish their clubs than play with them. They're friggin tools for pete's sake. Can you imagine a carpenter arguing about which hammer reins supreme?

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    I think beginners should play blades. Blades go a long way in teaching proper hand eye coordination by providing player feedback.
    Let me just add that my iron game improved dramatically when I got rid of my Pings and went to Adams Idea Pro forged "blades". They look like blades, small and thin topline and no offset and forged, they play like blades, so for me they're blades.

And that makes me pay way more attention to every swing. Because I know any errors won't get saved by the shovel tech. I have to hit them better... so I DO hit them better.

ITs amazing how much that simple bit of psychology helps you swing well.

And I've been a single digit handicap for thirty years. I've shot my share of 75's and 76's. But I hit more greens now with these Adams irons than I have ever hit in my life.

And the reward is a better feel, easier to hit draws an fades and punches and so forth, more confidence going at the flag... it's just way better. :-)

I brought 1 of my old shovels with graphite shafts to the range today to compare it to the blades i just got.
    Graphite, how old are you, 70? Curious, what were your old clubs?

Sounds like a great 9. Did you stop at 9 or did you go out for the back 9?

I played in a friendly scramble Saturday with my dad who plays the Callaway X-14 shovels. We were hitting our approach shots on 17 over water, about 170 yds out. Strong left-to-right wind. I hit a 6i just left of the green leaving a tough up/down. Dad hit his shovel 6 iron heavy into the drink.
    I handed him my 6i and said "here, hit this and see how you do" He said ok and dropped a ball (this shot won't count of course) When he addressed the ball he said "dang this thing is small!" I said "yep, it demands you put a good swing on it and not get lazy." As God is my witness he hit a solid, boring draw unaffected by the wind that hit and stuck about 4 feet from the hole. He said "that was the best feeling shot I've hit in a long time."

So I think, ok that was just a fluke. We play 18, long uphill par 5. We hit our drives and layup to about 115 out. I hit my PW to about 20 feet. He hits his shovel PW, again fat, the wind kills it, and he comes up short of the green-side bunker. I hand him my PW. He hits it inside of mine to about 15 feet.

On the way home he asked me to get on ebay and look for some titlest irons. I think he realized how relaxed his swing has come with those oversized, offset, paddles.

He is 65 years old and loves the blades!

What fantasy are you living to call a DCI 990 a blade? Great players club but taken straight from the Titleist archive site "variable muscle back cavity".

Wake up, you play a cavity back club - poser.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    What fantasy are you living to call a DCI 990 a blade? Great players club but taken straight from the Titleist archive site "variable muscle back cavity".

Wake up, you play a cavity back club - poser.
    I wonder what the B stands for. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. here's a hint:

The DCI 990B debuted in 2000 as a high-performance, compact BLADE design for the better player. It features a variable muscle-back cavity that provides traditional solid feel, enhanced workability and consistent shot performance. The design enables players to hit long irons more easily without sacrificing shot workability and short irons with a flatter, more controlled ball flight.

I never once said it was a muscleback, but it is a blade. Just because you can't hit my irons is no reason to slam them poeboy. I may be a poser, but you're just plumb ignorant. Stay around though, GR needs you.

I don't know maybe they ran out of room for the C in front of the B? I think you were scammed by the Titleist marketing machine. Sorry Alice, not a blade but a players cavity back.

Long irons easier? Sh!t man, you are one step from a gaybird. Meooow!

My 735's are more of a blade and muscle back. than the POS's CB's your playing. I would have no problem at all hitting those old POS CB's 990's, well, except they are are the wrong side of ball.

I wonder why more and more Professionals on tour are now using Cavity Backs as opposed to Blades.

Is it because Pros are all gay egotistical fags ... or they realise EVERYONE can do with a little more help from their club from time to time ?
    Driver - Adams Insight XTD; 10.5; reg Aldila DVS shaft, tipped 14 mm to 'firm'

Woods- Makser TW400 FW 3 & 5 wood

Hybrids; 2 Nickent 4DX DC ironwoods

Irons - Nickent 4DX Cavity Backs 5 -PW UST 3 Speedrated in stiff

Wedges; Adams Pugielli 52 and 58

Putter; Rossa Sukura

I don't know maybe they ran out of room for the C in front of the B? I think you were scammed by the Titleist marketing machine. Sorry Alice, not a blade but a players cavity back.

My 735's are more of a blade and muscle back. than the POS's CB's your playing. I would have no problem at all hitting those old POS CB's 990's, well, except they are are the wrong side of ball.
    Hmm, more of a blade with more offset and stronger loft than mine. haha, next

735.CM 3 iron 4 Iron 5 Iron 6 Iron 7 Iron 8 Iron 9 Iron P
    OFFSET .140" .130" .120" .110" .100" .095" .090" .085"

LOFT 22° 25° 28° 31° 35° 39° 43° 47°

DCI 990B Specifications

Irons 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 PW
    Loft
    22° 25° 28° 32° 36° 40° 44.5° 49°

Offset
    .135 .124 .114 .102 .092 .085 .081 .080

daveperk Guest
    Hmm, more of a blade with more offset and stronger loft than mine. haha, next

735.CM 3 iron 4 Iron 5 Iron 6 Iron 7 Iron 8 Iron 9 Iron P
    OFFSET .140" .130" .120" .110" .100" .095" .090" .085"

LOFT 22° 25° 28° 31° 35° 39° 43° 47°

DCI 990B Specifications

Irons 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 PW
    Loft
    22° 25° 28° 32° 36° 40° 44.5° 49°

Offset
    .135 .124 .114 .102 .092 .085 .081 .080
    pwned by math. I love it.

I'm through with you poe, you've had ample opportunities to zing me and you keep coming up short. enjoy your hybrid.

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Gee
    I wonder why more and more Professionals on tour are now using Cavity Backs as opposed to Blades.

Is it because Pros are all gay egotistical fags ... or they realise EVERYONE can do with a little more help from their club from time to time ?
    That would be because pros, not Tiger but regular working guys trying to make a living, realize that the tiny bit of help that game improvement gives them (usually no help at all, because most shots are struck properly, but on missed shots GI kicks in) can make the difference of a shot or two a week, and that can mean a made cut instead of a missed one.

Check vs. No check.

Hmmm... I wonder what I'd decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Gee

My super secret conspiracy theory explains this phenomenon.
    Fact: Touring pros can score well playing ANY club
    Fact: Touring pros will play what their sponsors are trying to sell
    Fact: Sponsors find it easier to sell "technology" since it can change annually
    Fact: Most consumers have become brainwashed; dependent on technology
    Fact: Sponsors want to sell consumers as many clubs as possible
    Fact: Most iron sets don't come with hybrids

It's just a matter of connecting the dots. Don't be a sheep.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I don't think so. O/S and loft do NOT make a club a blade. See mere sampling below and you'll see that o/s's and loft's are all over the place.

Click those hills together Alice, nope didn't work, still playing CB irons, not blades.

Must I repeat myself...

Mp 37 - 21° 24° 27° 31° 35° 39° 43° 47°
    695mb 22° 25° 28° 32° 36° 40° 44° 48°
    990's - 22° 25° 28° 32° 36° 40° 44.5° 49°
    735's - 22° 25° 28° 31° 35° 39° 43° 47°

Mp 37 - .116" .116" .116" .116" .116" .112" .124" .124"
    695mb - .135" .130" .125" .120" .110" .100" .090" 085"
    990's - .135" .124" .114" .102" .092" .085" .081" .080"
    735's - .140" .130" .120" .110" .100" .095" .090" .085"

Edit - Just to put things in perspective a piece of copy paper is 0.004" thick.
    Last edited by poe4soul; 04-22-2008 at 02:10 PM.

I don't think so. O/S and loft do NOT make a club a blade. See mere sampling below and you'll see that o/s's and loft's are all over the place.

Click those hills together Alice, nope didn't work, still playing CB irons, not blades.
    as are you, yet there are no gaybrids in my bag. take some testosterone pills biatch!

I've been very consistent. I don't profess to playing blades, Alice. You do and I'm calling you out. You're a loud mouth troll playing a weak lofted driver, and CB irons, but have the audacity to pound everyone on this board with one line insults who don't play blades.

I've made my point and I'm done. Good night Alice.

You already play a gaybrid you dumb sh.t. You're only making fun of yourself.

I've been very consistent. I don't profess to playing blades, Alice. You do and I'm calling you out. You're a loud mouth troll playing a weak lofted driver, and CB irons, but have the audacity to pound everyone on this board with one line insults who don't play blades.

I've made my point and I'm done. Good night Alice.
    You've been very consistent alright. A consistent dumbarse. The manufacturer of my irons called them blades and put a B on them. You don't know the difference in blade, cavity back, & muscleback. I pound people on this board for playing gay arse hybrids such as yourself who put your tampons in, take your Midol pills, and get huffy-puffy when someone reveals your gayness. get used to it f.ag.

Must I repeat myself...

Mp 37 - 21° 24° 27° 31° 35° 39° 43° 47°
    695mb 22° 25° 28° 32° 36° 40° 44° 48°
    990's - 22° 25° 28° 32° 36° 40° 44.5° 49°
    735's - 22° 25° 28° 31° 35° 39° 43° 47°

Mp 37 - .116" .116" .116" .116" .116" .112" .124" .124"
    695mb - .135" .130" .125" .120" .110" .100" .090" 085"
    990's - .135" .124" .114" .102" .092" .085" .081" .080"
    735's - .140" .130" .120" .110" .100" .095" .090" .085"

Edit - Just to put things in perspective a piece of copy paper is 0.004" thick.
    I didn't say those numbers make my irons a blade, Titleist said they were. You said and I quote "My 735's are more of a blade and muscle back. than the POS's CB's your playing. I would have no problem at all hitting those old POS CB's 990's, well, except they are are the wrong side of ball." Yet my irons have less offset and loft than all that you posted. Thanks for reinstating my point!

You're just a hybrid toting douche poe, there's no getting around it.

daveperk Guest
    Fact: Most iron sets don't come with hybrids.
    I've always thought that about half the celebrated player switches to different clubs were accompanied by a yawn from said player, to the effect that "I can hit it in there with whatever they pay me to swing. No biggie. Just get the weight and the shaft right, and bend it the way I like it."

I played my Zings for fourteen years precisely because of this suspicion. I only switched because I have become serious again and wanted something like a blade, and the Adams were cheap and staring me in the face. I'm glad I got them, but it could have been anything bladelike and I'd have the same good result, just from focus on the swing.

Call me what you want but your a loud mouth troll with player cavity backs.

Not matter what the o/s or lofts a blade is and balanced weighted club and cavity back is a perimeter weighted club. A muscle back is a type of blade where mass is set low on the club behind the sweet spot. So to be cute Titleist choose to call your clubs "muscle-back cavities". (very catchy - good marketing. I like that. I would give them a A++ if I were grading that marketing effort. Got you "hook, line, and sinker" to use your own words.)

But if you feel uncomfortable with your manhood Alice we can call them "blades". Our little secrete here on GR. Oh, did someone say blades, the interesting part is if you read the fine print Titleist writes on their archive web page "tour-inspired 'pure blade' appearance". What, did you catch that, "a-p-p-e-a-r-a-n-c-e". Not the actual thing! Wow! Be rest assured you are playing a CB designed club.

I'm sure you'll come back with some sophomoric insults. No matter. You're still a poser with CB clubs trolling GR about the qualities of blades.

Call me what you want but your a loud mouth troll with player cavity backs.

Not matter what the o/s or lofts a blade is and balanced weighted club and cavity back is a perimeter weighted club. A muscle back is a type of blade where mass is set low on the club behind the sweet spot. So to be cute Titleist choose to call your clubs "muscle-back cavities". (very catchy - good marketing. I like that. I would give them a A++ if I were grading that marketing effort. Got you "hook, line, and sinker" to use your own words.)

But if you feel uncomfortable with your manhood Alice we can call them "blades". Our little secrete here on GR. Oh, did someone say blades, the interesting part is if you read the fine print Titleist writes on their archive web page "tour-inspired 'pure blade' appearance". What, did you catch that, "a-p-p-e-a-r-a-n-c-e". Not the actual thing! Wow! Be rest assured you are playing a CB designed club.

I'm sure you'll come back with some sophomoric insults. No matter. You're still a poser with CB clubs trolling GR about the qualities of blades.
    How smart would it be, poe, to market a club as a "blade," if it really wasn't a blade, when that term intimidates probably 99% of the golfing public away from buying the club?

That's why Titleist made 2 different models dumbas.s, the DCI 990 & the DCI 990B. Otherwise, there would be no difference in the two and they would have made only one. "Blade" does not automatically mean "muscleback" There are cavity back blade irons.

Titleist also made the DCI 962 & the DCI 962B. The difference in the two? Less offset, smaller head, thinner topline, shorter blade length, all of which makes up a BLADE iron. You can deny it all you want, but either way your irons are more shovely than mine, and you tote a gaybrid, so you have no right to interfere with anything I say about the subject.

Yes my irons are CB's. I never said they weren't. But they are blade CB's. What little cavity they have is filled with weight pads. They are smaller, more compact, have less offset than any muscleback blade Titleist has on the market. You haven't called me out on a damn thing. You have shown everyone the amount of ignorance you have of irons. Grow a set of nuts before making your next post please.

My super secret conspiracy theory explains this phenomenon.
    Fact: Most iron sets don't come with hybrids

It's just a matter of connecting the dots. Don't be a sheep.
    I think most people on here who know anything about golf would agree that a tour player would be able to play good golf with most of the different design players clubs, be they cast, CB, forged or blade. As Dave said it comes down to the right shaft and fitting and away they go. Therefore players play clubs for money as much as because they like the feel, look etc.

What is more pertinent is that tour players are far more reluctant to change golf ball. Many players leave Titleist for other clubs but still use the Pro V's, even if they have to buy them themselves. This would indicate that the ball has far more effect on performance than clubs. Hence we should all respect each others opinions about the clubs we play.

Unless of course those clubs happen to be cast CB SGI POS shovels from Ping or Callaway masquerading as 'tour' or 'blade' clubs. Or Hybrids.

Graphite, how old are you, 70? Curious, what were your old clubs?

Sounds like a great 9. Did you stop at 9 or did you go out for the back 9?

I only got to play nine beacause i played super twilight i used to have nickents.
    Mizuno T-Series 53*
    Cleveland- CG10 56*
    Sonartec 60*
    Putter-Odyssey Marxman
    handicap-11

I wonder what the B stands for. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. here's a hint:

The DCI 990B debuted in 2000 as a high-performance, compact BLADE design for the better player. It features a variable muscle-back cavity that provides traditional solid feel, enhanced workability and consistent shot performance. The design enables players to hit long irons more easily without sacrificing shot workability and short irons with a flatter, more controlled ball flight.

I never once said it was a muscleback, but it is a blade. Just because you can't hit my irons is no reason to slam them poeboy. I may be a poser, but you're just plumb ignorant. Stay around though, GR needs you.
    Here is a photo of the DCI 990 B's. Hmmmmm, Einstein. They sure look like blades, don't they?
    http://www.golfreview.com/cat/irons/...5_2940crx.aspx
    http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exe...t/m/DCI%20990B

Ping also called the i3 irons "blades." If you are stupid enough to believe a club is a blade because a manufacturer's marketing people call them blades, then you are an ideal dupe for their purposes.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 04-22-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Agreed, who the hell in here is wearing Super SGI faggoty arse gay chopper cast saddle shoes???
    Geez I'm getting concerned. WTF are saddle shoes?

BJ would you please oblige by posting a picture of yours so that I know we're talking about.

If you aren't currently wearing saddle shoes the pair that you were wearing 4 weeks ago will do.

Cheers
    Kiwi

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hence we should all respect each others opinions about the clubs we play.
    WTF - I can't believe I'm reading this. WTF are you talking about?

Unless of course those clubs happen to be cast CB SGI POS shovels from Ping or Callaway masquerading as 'tour' or 'blade' clubs. Or Hybrids.
    Oh that's more like the NAH I know.

Hey Hacker

Why are you knocking Ping? They make the i3 Blade and it IS a BLADE because they say it is. Just like BJ's Titleist Blades. In fact Titleist have done a brilliant job. Most companies try to make CB's that look like a blade whereas with BJ's 990's they've made a BLADE that looks just like a CB.

Brilliant!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hey, were not questioning my clubs. I play a set of 735cm's. They are cavity back long irons that transition progressively to a muscle back blade short irons. They are what they are and I personally like them. They do have more of a muscle back blade design in the mid and short iron then the 990's IMHO. I also carry hybrids, and wait for it, a 9.5 tour driver. BFD. I have no doubt that I could hit your irons just fine. I would probably like them. But they are not blades.

You on the other hand are playing a players cavity back iron. The are great irons and you should be proud to swing them but, again, they are not blades. Your are carrying "muscle-back cavity" "tour-inspired 'pure blade' appearance" cast irons (aka players cb irons).

I'm not ignorant. There is a difference an a players club, and a blade. A "players club" describes the size, swing weight, offset, and too a lesser effect the loft. The club head design - butter knife blade, blade, muscle back, cavity back, shovel, etc. are all descriptions of the club head shape. Each have different characteristics of trajectory, shot dispersion, and forgiveness of off center shots. Blades have a smaller sweet spot than the cb's. This is basic sh!t man.

There is great pains made by the manufactures of these clubs to give the appearance of a blade but add forgiveness. ie mizuno's cut muscle, or any of the other varied hybrid of a blade-cavity design out there like the 990's "muscle-back cavity" (still love that great marketing; it's got to be worth +10 extra credit points in a marketing class paper. It's almost magical!).

Yes a shovel is easier to hit than a cavity back than a muscle back cavity than a muscle blade, etc. But they all can be built to any offset with any loft and are as shown in my previous posts.

Here's a post from ignorant club maker, Tom Wishon (Maybe you could help him out with golf club head design terms): http://golf.about.com/od/faqs/f/cavitymuscle.htm

By the way I also carry a switch blade comb. It has the word blade in the name but really it's just a comb - kinda like your CB blade irons; there just cavity back irons.

NAH,

I keep waiting for the long putter to make on your list. Of all the clubs out there the long putter has got to be the most awkward abomination of golf. It's painful to watch these bad putters switch to every known length, configuration, setup, and grip known to man to try to put a stroke down. It's just got to make you crawl out of your skin.

I will agree that black & white and brown & white saddle shoes deserve to be hated on, but what about the brown & black saddle shoe? You leave a pair of brown&black saddle shoes in your trunk and you have a shoe that matches anything you could possibly be wearing. I also think saddle shoes with two different shades of the same color look ok; such as dark brown and light brown.

All black or all brown leather golf shoes look the best. Golf shoes that are all white, look like a running shoe, or have pastel type color lines in them (rasberry, purple, teel) look awful.

How smart would it be, poe, to market a club as a "blade," if it really wasn't a blade, when that term intimidates probably 99% of the golfing public away from buying the club?

-------

That's why Titleist made 2 different models dumbas.s, the DCI 990 & the DCI 990B. Otherwise, there would be no difference in the two and they would have made only one. "Blade" does not automatically mean "muscleback" There are cavity back blade irons.

----

You have shown everyone the amount of ignorance you have of irons. Grow a set of nuts before making your next post please.
    They call them "blades" because they want to sell them to insecure, image conscious wannabes who want to play "blades."

Here is a picture of a blade, with some muscleback features.
    http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exe...0set/m/MP%2033

Here's another:

Here is a picture of the PIng i3 iron, which was marketed as a "blade"
    http://www.golfreview.com/cat/irons/...4_2940crx.aspx

Abraham Lincoln reportedly once asked his cabinet members, "How many legs does a sheep have, if you call the tail a leg?"

"Five"

"Wrong; it still has four legs, because calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one."
    Last edited by dorkman53; 04-23-2008 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    WTF - I can't believe I'm reading this. WTF are you talking about?

Oh that's more like the NAH I know.

Hey Hacker

Why are you knocking Ping? They make the i3 Blade and it IS a BLADE because they say it is. Just like BJ's Titleist Blades. In fact Titleist have done a brilliant job. Most companies try to make CB's that look like a blade whereas with BJ's 990's they've made a BLADE that looks just like a CB.

Brilliant!
    I've played both the PING i/3 blade & the DCI 990-B. The difference? About as much as a 460cc Taylormade Burner & a circa 1940 30cc hickory.

And yet neither are blades - dumba$$.

Here is a photo of the DCI 990 B's. Hmmmmm, Einstein. They sure look like blades, don't they?
    http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exe...t/m/DCI%20990B

Ping also called the i3 irons "blades." If you are stupid enough to believe a club is a blade because a manufacturer's marketing people call them blades, then you are an ideal dupe for their purposes.

lol anytime you have Dorkman vying on your side, you know you're scraping the bottom of the barrell. You guys don't know blade from muscleback and you assume any blade must be a muscleback. We'll leave it at that. I can never agree with tree-hugging liberals about the hoax known as global warming either, so why should I expect any different in reference to golf clubs.

They call them "blades" because they want to sell them to insecure, image conscious wannabes who want to play "blades."

Here is a picture of a blade, with some muscleback features.
    http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exe...0set/m/MP%2033

Here's another:

Here is a picture of the PIng i3 iron, which was marketed as a "blade"
    http://www.golfreview.com/cat/irons/...4_2940crx.aspx

Abraham Lincoln reportedly once asked his cabinet members, "How many legs does a sheep have, if you call the tail a leg?"

"Five"

"Wrong; it still has four legs, because calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one."

By the way Dorkman, this debate is between me & showMYpole, didn't HB already tell you to STFU?

Ok Alice. Once again, step up. Your flawed logic and ignorance does not make a cavity back a blade. Show credible sources other than marketing propaganda that a blade is defined by the O/S, loft, and size of head and not the shape of the head.

Here are some random googled links to help you out. These are not filtered. I did not find one that mentioned the definition of a blade is anything other than a club head with a flat back and evenly distributed weight. And yes muscle back is often interchange with the term blade.
    http://www.golf-components.com/golf-...ons-terms.html
    http://www.golf-club-revue.com/golf-club-irons.html
    http://www.pricebustergolf.co.uk/shopscr1712.html
    http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Pros-a...rons&id=175234

Good luck!

Ok Alice. Once again, step up. Your flawed logic and ignorance does not make a cavity back a blade. Show credible sources other than marketing propaganda that a blade is defined by the O/S, loft, and size of head and not the shape of the head.

Here are some random googled links to help you out. These are not filtered. I did not find one that mentioned the definition of a blade is anything other than a club head with a flat back and evenly distributed weight. And yes muscle back is often interchange with the term blade.
    http://www.golf-components.com/golf-...ons-terms.html
    http://www.golf-club-revue.com/golf-club-irons.html
    http://www.pricebustergolf.co.uk/shopscr1712.html
    http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Pros-a...rons&id=175234

Good luck!
    Sorry, poe, I'm at work & i'm not going to click on your links to gay midget porn.

No problem - here's the google criteria I searched "golf club head design blade cavity back".

No problem - here's the google criteria I searched "golf club head design blade cavity back".
    As I've already mentioned in a previous post, I will soon have mp-33s or 690mbs in my bag making this debate irrelevant.

You will still be playing your regular flex hybrid and cavity backed irons and will be the subject of my non-blade playing wrath.

I guess you'll have to resort to my driver being 1* more loft than yours. Although I'm currently considering a 9* PING G5 driver after a demo, so you better get those jabs in while you still can.

I'm not positive who's winning the e-argument, but I'm leaning towards total poenage. Sorry Beej.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I'm not positive who's winning the e-argument, but I'm leaning towards total poenage. Sorry Beej.
    It's strickly a matter of opinion. But showMYpole plays a hybrid and does NOT play blades, therefore he doesn't have enough spine or testerone to tell me what is a blade and what isn't.

Sorry testicalZ

By the way Dorkman, this debate is between me & showMYpole, didn't HB already tell you to STFU?
    You disappoint me. I thought when your stupidity, ignorance, and naivity were shown to all, you would revert to the old, "I was just kidding and you were a fool to take me seriously" defense, which has become popular around here in recent weeks when someone has been exposed as an imbicile. Instead, you assume that I don't have a right to expose your absurd and moronic claims on an open board discussion.
    You are rather pathetic, but oddly entertaining......
    Are you sure you are not a reincarnation of Benguk?
    Last edited by dorkman53; 04-23-2008 at 12:05 PM.

You disappoint me. I thought when your stupidity, ignorance, and naivity were shown to all, you would revert to the old, "I was just kidding and you were a fool to take me seriously" defense, which has become popular around here in recent weeks when someone has been exposed as an imbicile. Instead, you assume that I don't have a right to expose your absurd and moronic claims on an open board discussion.
    You are rather pathetic, but oddly entertaining......
    Are you sure you are not a reincarnation of Benguk?
    alright calm down dorkman, i didn't mean to hurt your feelings & i'm sorry for disappointing you. However, you play hybrids and shovels as well, so I'm sorry, but you have no right disputing my blade claim either.

You're an elder of the board though, so I will show you due respect.

Speaking of benguk, where the hell is that t00l? maybe he kidnapped that little pimpled kid in his avatar and fled the country?

alright calm down dorkman, i didn't mean to hurt your feelings & i'm sorry for disappointing you. However, you play hybrids and shovels as well, so I'm sorry, but you have no right disputing my blade claim either.

You're an elder of the board though, so I will show you due respect.

Speaking of benguk, where the hell is that t00l? maybe he kidnapped that little pimpled kid in his avatar and fled the country?
    You really didn't hurt my feelings. I have pretty tough skin on this 89 1/2 year old carcass. I just found some of your positions.....well...."interesting"........and didn't mind calling you on them. I rarely get angry on these boards, but I do find it somewhat amusing when others appear to lose their cool, because their responses usually go from bad to worse in the logic department.

We really must find something else to discuss.......how about plain wood tees vs. painted tees?

You really didn't hurt my feelings. I have pretty tough skin on this 89 1/2 year old carcass. I just found some of your positions.....well...."interesting"........and didn't mind calling you on them. I rarely get angry on these boards, but I do find it somewhat amusing when others appear to lose their cool, because their responses usually go from bad to worse in the logic department.

We really must find something else to discuss.......how about plain wood tees vs. painted tees?
    Agreed, poe & I certainly breathed some life into this thread though.

Anyway, we all know real men use painted white tees. First off, colored tees are gay, second, plain wood tees are played by sod laying choppers who don't want to get any paint marks on their pretty new shovels & gaybrids. Ah screw it, I'll let someone else start this one.....

I used to play 990Bs. They were replaced by 690cbs which I also played. The misleading part is that Titleist called them both blades or maybe "blade inspired". Neither was a blade and both had an obvious cavity but they were small and thin like a blade. I also play a set of MacGregor 1025M VIPs that are true blades. Much smaller head than either the 990B or 690CB. I can hit them all the same. There's no sense in arguing about them. As long as you don't play entry level shovels you're still a step ahead of most!

I used to play 990Bs. They were replaced by 690cbs which I also played. The misleading part is that Titleist called them both blades or maybe "blade inspired". Neither was a blade and both had an obvious cavity but they were small and thin like a blade. I also play a set of MacGregor 1025M VIPs that are true blades. Much smaller head than either the 990B or 690CB. I can hit them all the same. There's no sense in arguing about them. As long as you don't play entry level shovels you're still a step ahead of most!
    I've played both the 990bs & 690cbs as well. The 690's are a little larger and more forgiving. The smallest muscleback blade I've played is the Cleveland CG1 black pearl. True they do all hit the same. You either hit the middle of the face, or you don't.

My problem with the SGI irons is they give you even more room to miss the sweet spot!

Buying blades, good, at least you got that going for you sometime in the future. LOL - That's just ridiculous. I got it, why wait, just call your current cavity back irons blades. ROFL

Seriously, your rebuttal is that you will be buying blades? So you don't play blades? Are you waffling?

But you missed the point, you don't know your a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to golf club design. Buying clubs won't change this. Unfortunately for you, we now know that you're ignorant. So, your credibility of anything about club head design, which probably includes hybrids and drivers, is basically worthless. Case in point, the hacker hybrid you purchased and you were surprised that it was a hook machine.

I do play a stiff flex fuji shafted Cobra baffler pro hybrid. It is neutrally weighted and has a square face. I hit it 220 yards straignt. Pretty pu$$y of me I know. My irons are what they are. The 8 through PW are full blades the rest of the set are cavity backs.

So go ahead, make fun of me, you a stupid ignorant ****.

I don't have to tell you anything; it's a fact. Look it up.

Come on Alice, show us the facts; where is the back up. Just because you spew crap out that mangina mouth of yours doesn't make it true. Show us some credible or slightly credible sources that club head size, o/s, and loft make a club a blade. If it's not true step up, show you have balls and admit you were mislead.

One shoe looked even dumber. Don't know if you got them over there but a while back here Footjoy brought out a pair of 'laceless' shoes which had some sort of large ugly dial on the heel of the shoe. They were hideous. Needless to say they didn't catch on and I ave not seen one pair on the golf course. And yes, they came in saddle.
    The guilt is killing me, alright, I confess, I have a pair of these. Not saddle but all-black. I hate tying shoes. I'd like to say I no longer wear them but, sh*t, I wore them today. They are ugly as hell but I tie and untie my shoes almost every hole with lace-ups. These I crank.

This has been an entertaining exchange between you two guys, but I think it's time we all agreed on some definitions to allow us to all move on. I think the easiest way to avoid future arguments like this is to categorise blades as being forged muscle backs with no defined cavity, and to categorise the other blade like clubs as players CB's. I agree with BJ that there is very little difference in set up and performance of 990B's to muscle back blades (I would go so far as to say the 990B's are actually less forgiving than most blades), but the traditional meaning of 'blades' means muscle backs. Technically 990B's could defiitely be considered blade like due to their headsize, offset, and CG, but they are not 'blades' in the traditional sense.

But just because 990B's are not true blades is no reason to dis them (or BJ). They are still precise clubs that require a high level of ability to use, and are targetted at golfers who use blades.

This has been an entertaining exchange between you two guys, but I think it's time we all agreed on some definitions to allow us to all move on. I think the easiest way to avoid future arguments like this is to categorise blades as being forged muscle backs with no defined cavity, and to categorise the other blade like clubs as players CB's. I agree with BJ that there is very little difference in set up and performance of 990B's to muscle back blades (I would go so far as to say the 990B's are actually less forgiving than most blades), but the traditional meaning of 'blades' means muscle backs. Technically 990B's could defiitely be considered blade like due to their headsize, offset, and CG, but they are not 'blades' in the traditional sense.

But just because 990B's are not true blades is no reason to dis them (or BJ). They are still precise clubs that require a high level of ability to use, and are targetted at golfers who use blades.
    This is incorrect Muscle Backs are a type of blade relatively new to the market (within the last 10 years). They place more weight down low to help get the ball in the air. They are in between Traditional blades and Player's CBs. They are not easier to hit than Player's CBs and 990Bs are not harder to hit than traditional blades. In truth you can't really get traditional blades anymore. They can be found in your grandpa's bag and were all they used to have back then. Pick up a 1980s or earlier blade and compare it to a modern club and you'll agree that the true men were people who played those piles of garbage!

daveperk Guest
    Agreed, poe & I certainly breathed some life into this thread though.

Anyway, we all know real men use painted white tees. First off, colored tees are gay, second, plain wood tees are played by sod laying choppers who don't want to get any paint marks on their pretty new shovels & gaybrids. Ah screw it, I'll let someone else start this one.....
    At my course the free tees are all the bare wood press-made type, that when you hit them they sort of shatter.. it apparently makes them more bio-degradable. They rot easier, revert to soil, yada yada.

They don't last more than one or two shots, but hey, they're free, so I grab a fistful and go.

My contribution to the eco-health of my favorite environment. :-)

This is incorrect Muscle Backs are a type of blade relatively new to the market (within the last 10 years). They place more weight down low to help get the ball in the air. They are in between Traditional blades and Player's CBs. They are not easier to hit than Player's CBs and 990Bs are not harder to hit than traditional blades. In truth you can't really get traditional blades anymore. They can be found in your grandpa's bag and were all they used to have back then. Pick up a 1980s or earlier blade and compare it to a modern club and you'll agree that the true men were people who played those piles of garbage!
    I learned the game using an old set of Slazenegr blades. I found them to be easy to hit at the time, but on reflection they were definitely less forgiving than modern blades. I think learning with such clubs made me a better ball striker than if I had grown up these days using SGI right from the get go. I would absolutely reccomend any players new to the game to find a set of old blades to hack around with for a while to get a feel for finding the middle of the clubface before getting fitted with a modern set.

I bet the Shriners could fit 20 of you idiots into one of those little cars.

for the record i do not think the my clubs are blades, the i/3 blade is not a blade by a long shot...

BACK ON TOPIC

when can we expect to see some pic's of your new clubs???

If your iron head has an indentation, a cut out of any kind, or yes, a cavity in the back of it, then it is not a blade, regardless of what the manufacturer says. If this is to hard for some of you to figure out, well then I suggest getting some soft tip lawn darts, a helmet, and a new best friend named Rusty.

NAH, great post and thank you for stating what many before have about the terms CB and blade.

I don't have a problem with the 990b's and haven't dis them. I'm sure the 990's punish bad swings just like most other player's style club.

I only respect BJ as much as he has shown respect to me and other posters. He is ignorant on this issue and I tired of the on-line sophomoric insults. He had many opportunities to do a little surfing on the web to discover that he had misspoke about the terms being used. One "my bad" and the subject would have been dropped.

Baddley,
    My apologies for hijacking your thread.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your clubs. Pic's would be great.

I bet the Shriners could fit 20 of you idiots into one of those little cars.
    hahahahahaha. Lyle's 1 liners are priceless. This one almost brought tears to my eyes. Keep em coming dude. LMAO

NAH, great post and thank you for stating what many before have about the terms CB and blade.

I don't have a problem with the 990b's and haven't dis them. I'm sure the 990's punish bad swings just like most other player's style club.

I only respect BJ as much as he has shown respect to me and other posters. He is ignorant on this issue and I tired of the on-line sophomoric insults. He had many opportunities to do a little surfing on the web to discover that he had misspoke about the terms being used. One "my bad" and the subject would have been dropped.
    my bad. oh wait, am i too late?

I learned the game using an old set of Slazenegr blades. I found them to be easy to hit at the time, but on reflection they were definitely less forgiving than modern blades. I think learning with such clubs made me a better ball striker than if I had grown up these days using SGI right from the get go. I would absolutely reccomend any players new to the game to find a set of old blades to hack around with for a while to get a feel for finding the middle of the clubface before getting fitted with a modern set.
    That is exactly what I stated earlier in this thread. Beginners should play blades first!

If your iron head has an indentation, a cut out of any kind, or yes, a cavity in the back of it, then it is not a blade, regardless of what the manufacturer says. If this is to hard for some of you to figure out, well then I suggest getting some soft tip lawn darts, a helmet, and a new best friend named Rusty.
    dammit I told you Omen, your MP-32s are cavity backs!

daveperk Guest
    YOu sayin' the MP67 isn't a blade? "Cut Muscle"?

I have a brother named Rusty but I don't have any friends. Probably because I don't have any lawn darts.

The Mizuno Cut Muscle clubs are basically Player's Cavity backs in function. Mizuno just makes it look better. The concept and technolgy is the same in both cases which is to redistribute weight to enlarge the sweet spot. We're really splitting hairs though at this point. Mizuno is basically taking a players cavity back and making it look like a traditional blade for marketing purposes. The indentation or "cut" has still been engineered to do the same thing as a cavity which is to make them more forgiving than a traditional blade. It's like I said before there really isn't a traditional "blade" still sold on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    YOu sayin' the MP67 isn't a blade? "Cut Muscle"?

I have a brother named Rusty but I don't have any friends. Probably because I don't have any lawn darts.

Does it have a cut out in the back? Does this cut out allow Mizuno to distribute weight more towards the perimeter of the club to aid in forgiveness on off center hits?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then it is a cavity back. You can try and convince yourself otherwise 6 ways to Sunday but it doesn't change the facts. They have a cavity in them thus its a cavity back. Why is this so difficult for some to comprehend?

daveperk Guest
    Does it have a cut out in the back? Does this cut out allow Mizuno to distribute weight more towards the perimeter of the club to aid in forgiveness on off center hits?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then it is a cavity back. You can try and convince yourself otherwise 6 ways to Sunday but it doesn't change the facts. They have a cavity in them thus its a cavity back. Why is this so difficult for some to comprehend?
    It's got a 'cut' in the back, but not a 'cut out' that follows the line of the clubhead. The cut is to move the center of gravity, not to redistribute weight to the edges. That's how it looks to me.

I don't think anyone who is looking at an mp67 would argue that it isn't a blade. There's no ridge around the back, just a slash in a certain spot.

I was ragging on you for saying that anything with a cut in it is a cavity back. Your response was to become even more serious about that claim. I offer the mp67 to refute your rigid claim and I stand by it. The defense rests, milud. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    It's got a 'cut' in the back, but not a 'cut out' that follows the line of the clubhead. The cut is to move the center of gravity, not to redistribute weight to the edges. That's how it looks to me.

I don't think anyone who is looking at an mp67 would argue that it isn't a blade. There's no ridge around the back, just a slash in a certain spot.

I was ragging on you for saying that anything with a cut in it is a cavity back. Your response was to become even more serious about that claim. I offer the mp67 to refute your rigid claim and I stand by it. The defense rests, milud. :-)
    Actually, the MP67 is a pretty classic muscleback with the addition of a small cut out to slightly further redistribute weight. So it would be considered a muscleback with a "hint" of cavity back, but it is 90% muscleback, but not a "true" blade, since there IS an obvious ridge in the back. This ridge is the demarcation between the extra weight placed toward the sole and the thinner area at the top of the face.

http://www.mizunousa.com/equipment.n...golf&cat=irons

Addendum; here are a few other current examples of muscleback blades, which are about the closest thing to "true" blades out there on the market at this time.

http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/irons/ZM.asp
    http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/irons/ZM.asp
    http://www.mizunousa.com/equipment.n...golf&cat=irons
    http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en/product/j36blade.aspx
    http://www.benhogan.com/products/irons/index.html#p1
    The Hogan Apex probably comes pretty close to being a "true blade"
    http://www.nike.com/nikegolf/index.htm
    The Nike "forged blades" also come close
    http://www.miuragolf.com/shop_blade2007.asp
    The Miura appears to be nearly a true blade
    Here's another example that tradition still lives
    http://www.macgregorgolf.com/mt_pro-m_irons.asp
    Another blade-like muscleback
    http://www.fourteengolf.com/product/...ged/index.html

Enjoy salivating, then return to the real world where most of us live.....
    Last edited by dorkman53; 04-24-2008 at 05:36 AM.

You missed the srixon pro 100 very classic blade.
    http://www.srixon.com/club_irons.html

You missed the srixon pro 100 very classic blade.
    http://www.srixon.com/club_irons.html
    KZG ZO blades are the purest muscleback going. Just beautiful. If I didn't hate that company so much, I'd consider getting some made.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I could give a sh*t what the clubs I play are classified as. If they balance workability and forgiveness the way I like and don't overdraw my bad shots then I'm happy. Too much forgiveness and I'd get sloppy. If I maintained my swing better with more forgiveness, I'd go with more, as long as they played as neutral as the 32-s.

And thus the existence of the hybrid blade and cavity back which are broadly categorized as player's club. Some lean toward the cavity back side while others lean toward the blade side. Both have their merit just matter of what side of forgiveness vs feedback you favor. All have similar characteristics like o/s, sole design, etc.

Thread Information