|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Anthony Kim

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

Anthony Kim

We've discussed at great link here on GR, the best damn golf forum period, if there's anyone out there that can seriously challenge Tiger.

Do you think Anthony Kim could be that guy? He seems to have a ton of talent, & he finally got that first win after several top 5s. He seems just cocky enough to not get intimidated by Tiger. I know in the past he made comments like "Tiger had better watch his back" and the like.

He's very young, (22) athletic, long off the tee, PLAYS BLADES, and seems to have the game. All he needs is more wins and confidence. He dominated a very strong field at Quail Hollow. That course is not exactly a pushover.

What is your thoughts on Kim and do you think he could push Tiger to keep his #1 ranking?

Thread hijacking is not allowed!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Anthony Kim has a ton of skill and he may become a great star on tour...however, I think it is a bit to early to start debating whether he is going to challange Tiger or not after 1 career PGA Tour victory. As of now I dont think he is going to challange Tiger and his number 1 world ranking simply because it is not mathematically possible for Tiger to lose his #1 ranking in the next 5 years......or something like that

This kid could become a great star but its a little to early to hear his name and Tiger's in the same sentence....
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

daveperk Guest
    I like his swing because it's so dense, so centered... he gets lots of power but he doesn't seem to move much in any direction... it's all shoulders and core and hands, no real side to side motion going back and through... it's like he's a spring, and he winds up and unwinds..

thats a swing that will hold up over time and under pressure.

he is too inconsistant and unless he can find a way to solve that the anser is quite simply, no...

Have only read about him, but I think it would be safe to say he stands more chance of unseating Tiger from the number 1 ranking than the current crop of chokers the golf world throws up like Sergio and Adam Scott. He does seem to have something about him and maybe one day he will give Tiger a run, but at the moment a more realistic goal would be to try to back up with another regular tour victory and try to get some experience in the majors and maybe make the cut in them. I certainly hope he lives up to the hype and challenges Tiger on a regular basis. Golf needs a serious rivalry to rekindle interest. At the moment the only real interest in major golf is can Tiger win the slam, so if he misses out at the Masters all the excitement in majors is gone for the rest of the year, notwithstanding a Phil or Sergio meltdown which is always fun to watch.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information