|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Anyone play Adams wedges?

Do any of you clowns play Adams wedges (specifically Tom Watson signature model)? They are on sale at tgw.com for $80. That gets you 52*, 56*, and 60*. That seems like a good deal to me, unless someone has had poor experiences. I was leaning more towards the Cleveland RTG for $60 from tgw.com, but 3 wedges for $80 doesn't seem bad...
    Ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a string...

$80 a pop I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    $80 a pop I'm pretty sure.

I have the watson 3 wedge set. Got 'em on ebay for $60 plus shipping. They're a great bang for the buck. They look nice and they hit a dependable shot. I'm not to the point where I can spin the ball or need exception feel, so take my recommendation for what it's worth.

My only beef is they have a smaller face than most of the other blade wedges out there. I find there's less room for error with these.

They're also a little heavier than the cleveland's.

It comes down to your game. If you think you need the feel and playability of a cleveland wedge, pay the $$. However, for me, $60 for 3 wedges is a good deal. After all, Watson does use these himself. How bad could they be. Are the Cleveland's better? Yes. Are they worth the $40 - $60 per club more? Depends on your game. I don't need the exceptional 'feel' of a rusted wedge............yet.

BTW, read the reviews of these clubs in the review portion of this site. I found them to be quite helpful.

are you sure it's $80 for 3 wedges, that seems a bit low?

Got the Watson Wedges like 2 months ago and haven't regretted it since i payed $80 at golf discount and got free shipping i think they are still offering the same deal i dunno how tgw does it but i think got a steal i just love them, sure they have a smaller face but that doesn't matter I'm hitting the best shots of my life save your money and get some lessons, btw the only real problem i have had is shredding the cover off my ball, I'll sacrifice a couple balls for the shots I've been hitting

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    are you sure it's $80 for 3 wedges, that seems a bit low?

I'm pretty sure I paid $60 for the three wedges...that's $20 a wedge. Like I said, it's a great deal.

I will also agree with younggun. Now that I've played with these sticks for a few months, I'm beginning to like them more and more. Today I hit one within 5 ft. with the gap wedge and 3 feet with the lob wedge from 100 and 60 yards out respectively.

Thread Information