|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Wilson Staff Comeback

I'm relatively new to GR, at least posting wise, and am curious to see what opinion people have on Wilson re-launching the Staff line a few years ago. I'm 32 and grew up playing Staff blades (my father gave them to me) and played my high school team golf with Wilson Staff Goosenecks. SInce they went the route of Fat Shaft and other bad ideas, the new models they've released have been great. I recently picked up a set of Fi5s at a very good price and they're absolutely wonderful. Anyone else have any opinions on the new Wilson Staff?
    Derek

Driver: Cleveland HiBore UST X-Stiff 9.5
    Fairway: Sonartec 4 wood, Mitsubishi Rayon XStiff
    Hybrid: Taylor Made TP Dual 2, UST X-Stiff
    Irons: Wilson Staff, Fi5, True Temper Black Gold, X-Stiff
    Wedges: Vokey Oil Can, 52, 56, 60
    Putter: 35" Odyssey DXF
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1-X
    "We have a pool and a pond. The pond would be good for you"

daveperk Guest
    Ci7 won an award for best minimal game improvement irons in Golf Digest or Golf, can't remember which... they beat all kinds of very good clubs...

I played Staff Tour Blades in high school, '78... bought a couple of sets on Ebay this year, gonna fix 'em up with new shafts and grips, bent right, tuned... might have to start baggin' em again!

The new Fybrids are getting good reviews and are in Harrington's bag..

My Grandpa knows the Owner of Wilson so I get all the Wilson staff clubs i want (not trying to brag). I have the Ci6 irons which i am very happy with. But the Dd6 driver will probably be getting a replacement soon. Anyway their irons are very good and deserve much more respect from the golf industry.

Quote Originally Posted by gouga8383
    My Grandpa knows the Owner of Wilson so I get all the Wilson staff clubs i want (not trying to brag). I have the Ci6 irons which i am very happy with. But the Dd6 driver will probably be getting a replacement soon. Anyway their irons are very good and deserve much more respect from the golf industry.
    How do you like those Ci6's ? I've been eyeing them for a couple months now.
    Driver: Wilson Staff Dd5 10* S - 44.25"
    (soon to be Adams BUL 10.5* UST Proforce V2 R - 43.50")
    FW: Adams Redline 3 wood 15* S - 42.25"
    Hybrids: Adams Iwood 17*, 21* iron shaft S
    Irons: MacGregor 455M 4-PW R
    GW: Clevland 52* 900 RTG
    SW: Clevland 56* 588 RTG
    Putter: Macgregor M5k

Quote Originally Posted by Res Ipsa
    I think you'd be better going for the new Ci7's. They look aot better than the Ci6 and are good price brand new. But on the other side of the coin, you could probably pick up the
    Ci6's for an absolute steal. I think both are near the best value for money club on the market in their category.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I think you'd be better going for the new Ci7's. They look aot better than the Ci6 and are good price brand new. But on the other side of the coin, you could probably pick up the
    Ci6's for an absolute steal. I think both are near the best value for money club on the market in their category.

I actually like the look of the Ci6's over the Ci7's. Thinner looking topline and the Ci7's have more of a bulge on the back due to the more perimeter weighting. I already own huge SGI irons and looking for something more reasonable looking.
    Driver: Wilson Staff Dd5 10* S - 44.25"
    (soon to be Adams BUL 10.5* UST Proforce V2 R - 43.50")
    FW: Adams Redline 3 wood 15* S - 42.25"
    Hybrids: Adams Iwood 17*, 21* iron shaft S
    Irons: MacGregor 455M 4-PW R
    GW: Clevland 52* 900 RTG
    SW: Clevland 56* 588 RTG
    Putter: Macgregor M5k

Quote Originally Posted by Res Ipsa
    I like the but I think it is time for an update. I really want the Ci7 but my Grandpa has done a lot for me lately and i feel like a brat to ask him for something else...

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gouga8383
    I like the but I think it is time for an update. I really want the Ci7 but my Grandpa has done a lot for me lately and i feel like a brat to ask him for something else...
    You can't be a brat. No true brat ever came CLOSE to self-identifying as such.

Still... might be too soon to go back to the well.. :-)

Thread Information