|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Need some advice...

New member to the forum with a need for some club advice. I've been playing golf for a couple of years now, and I've been using some hand-me-down Titleist DCI irons that are about ten or twelve years old. I'd like to move on to some newer clubs, but I don't want to spend a large sum of money, as I'm still learning to play. I'm looking for something in the $200-$300 range that would be an improvement over my DCI irons. Any suggestions?

daveperk Guest
    Ebay has lots of name brand clubs, one year or two years old, for just a few hundred dollars.

Callaway, Ping come to mind.

But of course what you really need is to get in the box, the launch monitor, and be measured for driver clubhead speed and ball spin and all that. The guy running the monitor in the GOlf Supermart or wherever you go will tell you what sort of shafts and lofts and all that you need, then go buy them on Ebay.

That's my advice, FWIW.

Welcome!

Oh yeah! Ebay is your ticket.

For $200 - $300 you can pickup something really nice and nearly new.

I would recommend a Paypal account. Just makes internet shopping a lot safer and smoother.

BTW, what you looking for?
    Kind Regards,
    bubbha70
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Titleist 905R (9.5*)
    Bobby Jones 3W (15*)
    Bobby Jones 5W (19*)
    Titleist 695MB (3 - PW)
    Titleist Vokey Wedges [56* and 60*]
    Odyssey White Hot XG #7
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hit the damn ball!

I saw on ebay a set of Wilson Di7 irons for $299. That seems like a good deal, and I've heard some positive things about the Di line of Wilson irons. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by WinthropGolfer
    I saw on ebay a set of Wilson Di7 irons for $299. That seems like a good deal, and I've heard some positive things about the Di line of Wilson irons. What do you think?
    the new ci7 wilsons are only 499 new and were voted best game improvement iron in golf mag.look into them. these are the 08 models.

I think either Wilson club will be a step down from your current set IMO. The Wilsons are good quality clubs, but are definitely game improvement where as the DCI's (I'm assuming you are talking 962's from the age) are pretty high end cast players clubs, and in there day were used on tour in their day. They are classics. And as they are made from stainless steel, they don't wear out easily so I would think the faces are still in good nick. For the money you want to spend you might be better off getting your current set tweaked to fit your specs (but not sure if the DCI's can be bent if you nedd lie adjustments). I think a set of fitted DCI's would be better than just about any cast iron arond these days.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

its time to put away childish toys and buy some MIZUNOS...Do'h!

Thread Information