|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Finally!!!

Finally!!!

i have been searching forever for a 3 wood that i just have to have and after much testing i have found one... but first i will list what made it to the finals for me...

Titleist 906f2: smaller than the F4 great club almost bagged it but just for some reason didnt quite fit what i was looking for

Adams Insight: nice club very playable just a bit too shallow for my liking

NIKE T-60: a cannon simply an awesome club just not quite what i was looking for

Nickent 4dx: i would recommend this club to anyone just didnt like the sound and feel

Bridgestone J33: only reason was too low spin rates

PING G10: too closed therefore a big hook was a possibility

and the winner was

NIKE SQ2 15*: simply put this is a great club took me only 2 days of testing to decide on it whereas the others took about a month... now i need to find a shaft that i like the Diamana BB doesnt quite fit it for me open to ANY suggestions... something to help me spin it a bit more...

PS: in the pics it has the stock shaft it was taken before i ever hit a ball with it...

Finally!!!

My sentiments exactly!!!
    Not trying to steal your thunder, but coincidentally I'm in your shoes today as well. After months of trying several stiff shafts in my 15* Launcher Ti 3 wood with no luck at all. I was convinced my "low ball flight" disease would not allow me to hit a 3 wood off the deck. I'm proficient with all my other clubs in stiff including the 19* Launcher Ti off the deck. So I ordered in a CB1 16.5* 4 wood hoping the extra loft might work, couldn't hit it either. Finally I went in to Edwin Watts Super Center in Orlando. I'd been there once before and was very relunctant to go back. Trying to get on the launch monitor is like standing in line at Disney for Space Mountain. When you do get on, it's clear they want you off in 10 minutes or less. I was determined to find a 15* 3-wood, so I'd hit a couple clubs get back in line and hit a couple more get back in line hit a couple more and so on. Knowing my driver swing speed is normally 100mph and assuming it is less when hitting 3 wood off the deck, I decided to demo R flex in everything. Cobra, Nike, Titleist, Adams were ok. Kept liking the Ping G-10 best. Since I love the stiff shaft in my Cleveland XLS driver, I saved the XLS 3-wood in R flex for last. The G-10 and the XLS both felt great, but the XLS was consistantly 10 yards longer and both were dead straight. Purchased the XLS and took it to the course. Hit it twice off the tee both times solid and dead straight. Finally the ultimate test. Par 5 tight lie into a 20 mph wind, I hit the FIRST sweet boring gentle draw of my life with a 3 wood off the deck. Today's R flex sure isn't the flippy switch R was just a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick
    Finally!!!

My sentiments exactly!!!
    Not trying to steal your thunder, but coincidentally I'm in your shoes today as well. After months of trying several stiff shafts in my 15* Launcher Ti 3 wood with no luck at all. I was convinced my "low ball flight" disease would not allow me to hit a 3 wood off the deck. I'm proficient with all my other clubs in stiff including the 19* Launcher Ti off the deck. So I ordered in a CB1 16.5* 4 wood hoping the extra loft might work, couldn't hit it either. Finally I went in to Edwin Watts Super Center in Orlando. I'd been there once before and was very relunctant to go back. Trying to get on the launch monitor is like standing in line at Disney for Space Mountain. When you do get on, it's clear they want you off in 10 minutes or less. I was determined to find a 15* 3-wood, so I'd hit a couple clubs get back in line and hit a couple more get back in line hit a couple more and so on. Knowing my driver swing speed is normally 100mph and assuming it is less when hitting 3 wood off the deck, I decided to demo R flex in everything. Cobra, Nike, Titleist, Adams were ok. Kept liking the Ping G-10 best. Since I love the stiff shaft in my Cleveland XLS driver, I saved the XLS 3-wood in R flex for last. The G-10 and the XLS both felt great, but the XLS was consistantly 10 yards longer and both were dead straight. Purchased the XLS and took it to the course. Hit it twice off the tee both times solid and dead straight. Finally the ultimate test. Par 5 tight lie into a 20 mph wind, I hit the FIRST sweet boring gentle draw of my life with a 3 wood off the deck. Today's R flex sure isn't the flippy switch R was just a few years ago.
    congrats it is nice to find something that just works for you its nice when you bag something that you just must have...

NIKE?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

WTF....

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    NIKE?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

WTF....

Omen
    hit it i was pretty surprised myself... its good

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Nice stick Pingman. I've never demo'd a SQ. So that shaft works for you on both driver & 3 wood eh?
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    Nice stick Pingman. I've never demo'd a SQ. So that shaft works for you on both driver & 3 wood eh?
    to be honest im not really happy with the BlueBoard in the SQ so im looking into a few different options i am actually putting a Fuji Rombax in it in fact as we speak it is drying... gonna try that out and see how i like it...

Why do you want to reshaft it now? What was the point of doing all that testing if you're just going to reshaft it? I just don't understand how you spend all that time to find a club that gives you exactly what you're looking for and then decide to change it completely!

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    I demo'd the G10, 904F2, Rapture, & burner 3 woods. I liked my steel callaway, but wanted to get more length. The Rapture is just scary long and I like the trajectory of the TFC shaft. Those just work for my swing for whatever reason. The burner is a really nice fw wood too. Didn't care for the Titleist, but it had a Stiff NVS in it. Shaft makes all the difference.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Dearest Ping(wo)man. that sure is a lovely, Dainty little womans club. Do'h!

Quote Originally Posted by SDB1
    Why do you want to reshaft it now? What was the point of doing all that testing if you're just going to reshaft it? I just don't understand how you spend all that time to find a club that gives you exactly what you're looking for and then decide to change it completely!
    well i love the clubhead but the shaft isnt giving me the trajectory i want nor is it giving me the spin so i just reshafted it no big deal really i tryed 3 different shafts before i decided on the BB...

Thread Information