|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

start the criticizing part deux

I would like to post a few of my swing videos to get some constructive criticizm. I don't think I've posted these before, but if I have, sorry. I tried to find some DTL & face on vids. I already know my backswing is too "ala john daly"

These aren't driving range vids, these are during round.Sorry about the gay watermark, for some reason the sound gets off if I don't convert them before uploading.

Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

a few more.....

4 IRON BLOCKED RIGHT ON A PAR 3. THE WIFE IS RUNNING THE CAMERA

Last edited by bjdrivers; 06-04-2008 at 11:27 AM.

MyFast, a new user here on GR only lives about an hour from me. We're trying to get a day setup for some golf.

daveperk Guest
    You know what I like about your swing? You just plain stay over the ball.

Good shoulder turn, a bit loose in the hands but I do exactly the same thing... your right knee seems to move a bit away from the ball in the takeaway, but after you're through swinging you are still directly over the ball, like swinging inside a phone booth... great balance, a high probability of hitting the ball consistently, and for a not-big guy you make a helluva lot of power.

good stuff.

Heh, just heard about the potty mouth. :-)
    Last edited by daveperk; 06-04-2008 at 11:34 AM.

For fun I just had to throw this vid in. He's a friend of my dad's. A great guy, but his golf game is , eh, how should I say, in need of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    You know what I like about your swing? You just plain stay over the ball.

Good shoulder turn, a bit loose in the hands but I do exactly the same thing... your right knee seems to move a bit away from the ball in the takeaway, but after you're through swinging you are still directly over the ball, like swinging inside a phone booth... great balance, a high probability of hitting the ball consistently, and for a not-big guy you make a helluva lot of power.

good stuff.

Heh, just heard about the potty mouth. :-)
    Thanks for the kind words. I played baseball through HS and Legion, so I guess the fast wrist is natural. What I fight the most with driver is my right elbow. If it starts flaring on me left she goes. If I can keep it tucked in better I keep her pretty straight.

It's not a pretty swing by any means, but it's 100% home made with no lessons.

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    Thanks for the kind words. I played baseball through HS and Legion, so I guess the fast wrist is natural. What I fight the most with driver is my right elbow. If it starts flaring on me left she goes. If I can keep it tucked in better I keep her pretty straight.

The baseball experience explains the power from that compact little motion... and I have a problem with the elbow myself... just this past year I've learned that in order to drop it 'into the slot' I have to take it back way further outside than I ever thought would work... it isn't really outside, it's just down the line... but my mind always flinched away from that because it seemed like a slice-maker... but now if I do it that way, it helps me tuck that elbow on the downswing...

for a self taught swing, that's superb. Your impact sound tells the whole story. :-)

For fun I just had to throw this vid in. He's a friend of my dad's. A great guy, but his golf game is , eh, how should I say, in need of improvement.
    At least his shirt is tucked in.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    It will be when he comes to Hackberry Creek, that's for sure. I've been kicked off twice for slovenliness. I'm surprised they didn't kick me off the range today because I didn't shave. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    The baseball experience explains the power from that compact little motion... and I have a problem with the elbow myself... just this past year I've learned that in order to drop it 'into the slot' I have to take it back way further outside than I ever thought would work... it isn't really outside, it's just down the line... but my mind always flinched away from that because it seemed like a slice-maker... but now if I do it that way, it helps me tuck that elbow on the downswing...

for a self taught swing, that's superb. Your impact sound tells the whole story. :-)
    hmmm i might try that next time i'm on the range, i'm probably taking it back too far inside, then compensating at the top, i'm not sure. Believe it or not, I play a R flex in the driver, i guess due to my tempo. Stiffer shafts tend to hook on me.

My misshits on the driver and the irons are ALWAYS toward the toe, does that mean i'm standing to far from the ball or coming too over the top?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Ha, you'll never see my shirt tucked in, unless it's required at the course. Even then, it will be out by the 2nd tee. I work in IT, jeans and a polo with the tail out. I never tuck anything in. Except for your mom when I put her to bed.

Take the next step

A little fine tuning thru a decent teaching pro is your next step towards scratchhood. You're not that far off.

Good rhythm and tempo, you get through the ball well. On one fo the driver swings you didn't hold your finish and fell back onto the right side, but the rest looked real good. You appear to be flexible for a big guy, your shoulder turn and extension through impact are impressive.

P.S. I now understand all the gorilla comments.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Narrow Stance?

What is your handi bj ?

Somebody should create a stick "Post your swing Videos"
    Last edited by MTibbo; 06-04-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

Slouched shoulders, stick that arse out and bend the spine over from there. You'd be amazed at the change and happy with the reduced back fatigue.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by MTibbo
    Narrow Stance?

What is your handi bj ?

Somebody should create a stick "Post your swing Videos"
    6 handi, i usually shoot right around 80, when the putter's on, below 80.

I've always had a narrow stance, even with driver. I've tried widening it on the range, but it never feels comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by neverman
    Slouched shoulders, stick that arse out and bend the spine over from there. You'd be amazed at the change and happy with the reduced back fatigue.
    That's a good point NM, I do need to work on that as well. That's probably the result of spending 40 hours a week in a cubicle typing on GR!

Quote Originally Posted by Strick
    A little fine tuning thru a decent teaching pro is your next step towards scratchhood. You're not that far off.
    I agree with this. Sell a couple of your poor dad's extra sets of clubs you've unloaded on him and apply the money.

i see a few fundamentals that i would change...

1- balance... you see to always be stepping off the shot, i think that your balance is poor do to sloppy foot work... ben hogan would flair his left foot out at address to help him rotate his hips and torso through the shot better i recomend you give it a try (45* flaired out minimum)

2- posture... not terrible but could be better i think the main thing is your head seems to be dropped at address feel like your spine is straighter

and 3- you need to create more width at the top... you do not create lag in your downswing you rather set it at the top... if i were you i would not hinge me wrists as much and then hinge them on the downswing like segio, camillo or even, JB Holmes...

the 1st and 2nd are pretty critical and easy to fix... #3 however may take some time and be harder... like i said just my suggestions... all in all good swing me and my instructor have this thing where he gives out ratings to me to tell me where im at in the grand scheme of building a swing currently im at a 6.5 of 10... so if i were giving a rating i would give you about the same... all in all its pretty good...

MyFast, a new user here on GR only lives about an hour from me. We're trying to get a day setup for some golf.
    So you posted some videos online? Videos that're gone now.. I already seen your swing and I'm not any good at critiqing. So I'll just say you hit your hybrid as far as I do my driver Just wish I could of carried my game from the front onto the back 9.
    Titleist 905R 10.5* UST V2
    Titleist 980F 15* Aldila NV
    Titleist 585H 19* Aldila NV
    Titleist AP2 3-pw DG S300
    Titleist Vokey 52~58* SM
    Odyssey Black Series #1

Quote Originally Posted by Myfast
    So you posted some videos online? Videos that're gone now.. I already seen your swing and I'm not any good at critiqing. So I'll just say you hit your hybrid as far as I do my driver Just wish I could of carried my game from the front onto the back 9.
    Yeah man, my score wouldn't indicate it, but I enjoyed the round. I promise to bring some game next time. Length doesn't help much when you can't hit the green in regulation. Reaching #10 in 2 was my only highlight of the day. Your front nine kicked some a$$.

Thread Information