|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maxfli Fire Golf set

Hey I just purchased a set of MAXFLI Fire golf clubs because at the store I just hit better with them then I did with any others. I was just wondering if anyone out there has heard of these golf clubs, and if does anyone have any input about them. So far I can't find anything on the web about these clubs and would like to know more.

Well for a begginer, I guess a 117 on my first outing wasn't to bad. They felt really good to me atleast the driver, woods, the 3,4 hybrids, and the 5,6 I guess semi hybrids. The 7 and 8 felt like crap, but the 9 and P felt pretty good.If anyone else knows anything about these clubs or has had eny experiance please get back to me.

There is a reason you can't find out anything about these on the web. Because nobody cares! These are just generic, production line crap that are designed for choppers who have no reference point by which to guage them. Hope you didn't pay too much for them. Because if you did you got ripped off.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    There is a reason you can't find out anything about these on the web. Because nobody cares! These are just generic, production line crap that are designed for choppers who have no reference point by which to guage them. Hope you didn't pay too much for them. Because if you did you got ripped off.

you spelled gauge wrong while you were basically sh1tting on that guy's clubs. If he's a beginner and he's happy with the clubs don't ridicule, it comes off as elitist B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by super zone
    you spelled gauge wrong while you were basically sh1tting on that guy's clubs. If he's a beginner and he's happy with the clubs don't ridicule, it comes off as elitist B.S.
    i'll second that...

Quote Originally Posted by grandall1983
    Well for a begginer, I guess a 117 on my first outing wasn't to bad. They felt really good to me atleast the driver, woods, the 3,4 hybrids, and the 5,6 I guess semi hybrids. The 7 and 8 felt like crap, but the 9 and P felt pretty good.If anyone else knows anything about these clubs or has had eny experiance please get back to me.
    Maxfli are a well known well established golf brand and for a beginner shooting 117 that set should be perfect to get you started out in the game. If you only play casually/occasionally then they will be fine and last you for years. If you get keen and stick with this game then you may want to look at upgrading to other clubs as you improve. But I wouldn't worry about that until you are breaking 100 consistently and starting to break 90.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy this game as much as me and the other posters on this forum.

P.S. please ignore clowns like Not A Hacker. He is an obnoxious Australian and as such his views should be ignored. Besides he is just in a grumpy mood lately as his fiancé won't let him get a new set of MP-67's that he covets.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thanks for the replies thus far. All I know is that I went to five different golf stores, and I tried hitting in there driving ranges and on there computers with several different clubs and brands. When it came down to making a decision I chose this set because I just hit better with the clubs over all, and the price was what I was willing to spend to get started. So far though I would have to say I still love these clubs so far, maybe as I improve I will realize there limitations but for now I couldn't be more pleased. As far as those of you who may think otherwize hey everyone has their own opinion all I can do is take it and agree or disagree. I can say this I do agree with those who chose to try to support new comers and disagree with those who come off pampas and tend to try to put any ideas down that might disagree with that of their own. Either way thanks for the replies and keep them coming any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the replies thus far. All I know is that I went to five different golf stores, and I tried hitting in there driving ranges and on there computers with several different clubs and brands. When it came down to making a decision I chose this set because I just hit better with the clubs over all, and the price was what I was willing to spend to get started. So far though I would have to say I still love these clubs so far, maybe as I improve I will realize there limitations but for now I couldn't be more pleased. As far as those of you who may think otherwize hey everyone has their own opinion all I can do is take it and agree or disagree. I can say this I do agree with those who chose to try to support new comers and disagree with those who come off pampas and tend to try to put any ideas down that might disagree with that of their own. Either way thanks for the replies and keep them coming any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    In spite of some rather harsh words towards my good self from posters on this thread, I think I gave you good advice which you acted upon appropriately. You have agrred with me that these clubs have limitations and are a stepping stone to better sets, and my warning to you to not get ripped off by a fast talking salesman sounds like it was heeded, so all in all you made the right move. Some of the guys here are a bit quick on the keyboard and are shooting me down before they even finish reading my posts. I just think this is a forum where people can be straight and say it as they see it without being burdened with pleasantries. IMO all the people who attack me for not sugar coating my posts should stop whining and go to sh!ttalk.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Maxfli Fire Clubs

I was given a set of the Maxfli Fire clubs as a gift. They are very interesting. I used to play a little 10 years ago, but quit for a while. In that time my clubs were disposed of, Ouch!! I find these clubs to be fine. While most avid players have different brand name drivers, and irons and hybrids you can't expect one club manufacturer to have all the bases covered. These Maxfli Fire clubs do a good job. I am happy with the feel and the weight, while I am not a great player. They surely beat the set of blades that I hacked the course up with 10 years ago. So Grandall1983 keep swinging slow and loading the wrist. Oh Yeah, I have not been able to find any reviews of these clubs either, not even on the Maxfli web site. What gives. I would at least like to see the manufacturers take on things. Please post if you run across a manufacturer review.

All I know is that I went to five different golf stores, and I tried hitting in there driving ranges and on there computers with several different clubs and brands. When it came down to making a decision I chose this set because I just hit better with the clubs over all, and the price was what I was willing to spend to get started. So far though I would have to say I still love these clubs so far, maybe as I improve I will realize there limitations but for now I couldn't be more pleased.
    The biggest piece of advice generally given on this forum is "Demo the clubs before you buy and use whatever works for you". That's exactly what you have done and you have a set that works well in your hands. The setup (including hybrid 3 & 4 irons) is perfect to get you started.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hey thanks again for the post, they have helped a lot. I still can't find anything on these clubs online, but they seem to work well for me now. If I continue and improve I agree I might most likely move on to new and better clubs but until there is a need for them these are the best I have ever hit with. If any of you ever come across any info on these post.

I just purchased the same set but have yet to hit them...I'm in a similar situation. I've played before but only out of my brother's or dad's bag so this is my first set. I'm taller (6'3" and wrist to floor 38") so i had my irons lengthened 1" and my hybrids lengthened 1/2" but my driver and fairway woods kept standard(per the advise of a ping club fitter but ping was a little out of my price range). I hit the driver in the store along with many other drivers and the maxfli driver felt the best. I also hit the 7 iron but it was hard to gauge since i needed them lengthened. I'm going to the range for the first time tonight to hit the full set so I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey hope your practice goes well. I am trying to get ready for a company tournament this weekend. It should be ok though I am playing on a team of four and its best shot. Hopefully I can get at least a few good shots in to help the team. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thanks again for the responses and keep them up.

I hit my clubs at the range for the first time last thursday and I actually broke the head off my driver. That was replaced with no questions asked. I was hitting a lot of balls off the heel of the club which is where the shaft connects to the head and apparently that was what caused the break. Anyway, I hit them again on sunday and they felt pretty good. It is gonna take me a little to get used to them and playing with the longer clubs but they feel more comfortable and natural than anything i've hit before. I've never hit a hybrid before but was surprised how good it felt and how well i hit them. I'm looking forward to more time on the range and getting out there for a round this weekend.

In spite of some rather harsh words towards my good self from posters on this thread, I think I gave you good advice which you acted upon appropriately. You have agrred with me that these clubs have limitations and are a stepping stone to better sets, and my warning to you to not get ripped off by a fast talking salesman sounds like it was heeded, so all in all you made the right move.
    Apparently Not A Hacker also has quite the ego. He thinks he gave you good advice on purchasing your clubs? You had already purchased them! I guess not everyone is a cool and great as him...

I just purchased a set of these clubs as a present for my girlfriend. She hit them on the demo range and liked them, although I hope she doesn't run into the problem that pezdm had with busting the head off. I have a hard time believing hitting a lot of balls off the hosel caused the head to break off. Hopefully it was just a defective club and my girlfriend's set doesn't have the same issue. If she does I'll let you know and it'll be time to question the quality (obviously we know these aren't super high grade clubs, but they should still stay in one piece).

Welcome to the game grandall1983. Don't let yourself get frustrated...you start breaking 100 down the road, then 90...

MaxFli Fire Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by FlickkoftheWrist
    I was given a set of the Maxfli Fire clubs as a gift. They are very interesting. I used to play a little 10 years ago, but quit for a while. In that time my clubs were disposed of, Ouch!! I find these clubs to be fine. While most avid players have different brand name drivers, and irons and hybrids you can't expect one club manufacturer to have all the bases covered. These Maxfli Fire clubs do a good job. I am happy with the feel and the weight, while I am not a great player. They surely beat the set of blades that I hacked the course up with 10 years ago. So Grandall1983 keep swinging slow and loading the wrist. Oh Yeah, I have not been able to find any reviews of these clubs either, not even on the Maxfli web site. What gives. I would at least like to see the manufacturers take on things. Please post if you run across a manufacturer review.
    You aren't going to find anything regarding MaxFli Fire Clubs or any other MaxFli clubs on www.maxfli.com. MaxFli used to be owned by TaylorMade and Adidas. However, recently Dick's Sporting Goods purchased the rights to sell all MaxFli clubs while TaylorMade and Adidas kept the rights to MaxFli balls. They obviously also kept the rights to that website, which is why you see nothing but balls there.

I've had my eye on a complete set of Fire clubs at Golf Galaxy, which is owned by Dick's Sporting Goods. Based on my research, they seem to be a very good starter set and Golf Galaxy is selling a set that includes a square-head driver, fairway woods, two fairway hybrids and 5-pw hybrid irons for $299. That's a lot of clubs for the money and all of the clubs are designed to be easy to control for beginners like me. I don't know much about golf, but I know that your swing is far more important than the brand name on your clubs.

So far so good, the team I was on finished 4th in the company tournament and it was select shot so we had a lot of fun. I had quite a few of the best shots even though I was the D player on the team. As far as the clubs go I love the 5 and 6 they are not true irons but the aren't hybrids. Don't know what to call them. The driver was also a lot of fun, as well as the 3 and woods and 3 and 4 hybrids. The rest I'll get used to slowly. I hit a few buckets before the tournament and had no problems with the drivers, most likely a random lemon. Over all I really enjoy the Maxfli golf clubs. I also was only about a yard from having the longest drive on the longest drive whole, if it could have just rolled another few feet I would of had the plaque. Other than that my slices are staying in the field of play and mostly on the green, and I have had a few hooks which I would say is a good thing for me, because I never had them before. Also I am having a lot more shots go straight. Maybe its not the clubs, or maybe it is, all I know is I hit better with them, and while I was trying the clubs out I listened to all the advise I was given and tried to implement it as much as possible to help my game. I know this is a long comment but I really am enjoying the game much more this time, and feel I will continue and try to improve so that one day I might get a 68, four under par, by myself, and not need 4 players playing best shot.

grandall1983 - I purchased the same set yesterday from Dicks Sporting Goods. Even though it's not a high end set - It was a definite upgrade from the set of Cougar Clubs that I bought from Target retail store 3 years ago.

I haven't beaten 109 yet on a par 72 coarse yet, however it's early in my golf season and I just hit a 109 so I"m at least up to my career low.

I shot a 107 on a par 67 short coarse locally here in chicago where I'm from, and have a 9:30am tee time at Old Orchard Country Club (by far the best coarse for the money locally keeping green fees under $100)

I'm excited to swing my maxfli fire set for the first time during my round. They handled greeat at Dicks Sporting goods last night and were marked down from $499 to $299.

Keep hitting them straight - take care as this is my first post ever as a new member.
    Ali from Chicago

hey guys... and ladies
    i just bought these clubs from dicks sporting goods. i played about 3 or 4 years ago and just got back into it. i have played 27 holes with them. the first round of 9 i played with them it dropped my score from 58 (last round i played) to 48. i think these are great clubs for beginners. i can out drive my former personal record by 50 yards or so. i had my doubts about the hybrids (i have never used them before) i am now using them instead of the fairway woods. i can not say enough about these. great overall clubs.

What the hell is going on here? We've got 6 new members here and they're all raving about the same clubs I've never heard of? Is Dick's Sporting Goods spamming our forum?

i dont see y me being a new member has anything to do with my input.

It's not that you're new. It's that there are 7 members in this thread, that joined this month, posted for the first time on this thread and ALL HAVE THE EXACT SAME SET OF OFF BRAND CLUBS! How much is Dick paying you people? and can I get in on it?

sure im getting about 3 grand

Quote Originally Posted by hebrewhammer
    sure im getting about 3 grand
    Do you actually have to play those clubs, or can you just rave about them without the indignity of bagging them? 3 grand isn't enough. I'll do it for 10 grand though.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

u have to play the clubs.... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Do you actually have to play those clubs, or can you just rave about them without the indignity of bagging them? 3 grand isn't enough. I'll do it for 10 grand though.
    At that price Maxfli could have a shot at Rory. He has a penchant for playing hackers clubs and I don't think Adams will be carrying him for too much longer so he may be looking for a new gravy train.

This is obviously a great set of starter clubs. I wonder how many more newbies will we get signing on to sing the praises of their new Maxfli Fire Clubs?

It sure makes a change from single digits discussing the merits of the latest offerings from Titleist - LOL

Now where the f#ck am I?

At that price Maxfli could have a shot at Rory. He has a penchant for playing hackers clubs and I don't think Adams will be carrying him for too much longer so he may be looking for a new gravy train.
    That's simply not true. Rory spent a good deal of his practice time sabotaging Tiger's knee. Now that that's done, expect great golf for the rest of the year.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Maxfli Fire Clubs

I was skeptical upon buying my set of Maxfli Fire Clubs because I couldn't find much information about them before hand. I hit these clubs in the store and liked the feel of them. I had been playing golf about twice a year before this summer on a 15 year old set of Spaulding Clubs so this was certainly an upgrade. I bought myself and my wife a set of these clubs and we couldn't be happier. I play twice a week now with scores in the mid 40's and the clubs are well worth the price. They may be off brand clubs but I don't think that if I had spent 3 times as much I would be much better. I'm sure that more expirienced players may disagree but for what I do, they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by AiRoma
    I was skeptical upon buying my set of Maxfli Fire Clubs because I couldn't find much information about them before hand. I hit these clubs in the store and liked the feel of them. I had been playing golf about twice a year before this summer on a 15 year old set of Spaulding Clubs so this was certainly an upgrade. I bought myself and my wife a set of these clubs and we couldn't be happier. I play twice a week now with scores in the mid 40's and the clubs are well worth the price. They may be off brand clubs but I don't think that if I had spent 3 times as much I would be much better. I'm sure that more expirienced players may disagree but for what I do, they are great.
    Okay, so you're the ninth. (seriously count-em) brand new member and first time poster on this thread that has not one but TWO sets of these POS clubs. At first I thought it was spam, but now I realize this is a joke, so I am going to cordially ask you (all nine of you) to kindly piss off and die.

This is looking more and more like a "Let's give 'em something to Google" and an attempted infiltration and exploitation of GR's well publicized "knowledgeable membership" which still consists of none of the newbie posters thus far in this thread.

Maxfli Fire clubs come in a complete set with woods and all. Clue number one.

Maxfli Fire clubs retail for around $300 per COMPLETE SET. Clue number two.

Maxfli Fire golf clubs are heartily endorsed by pretty much any poster in this thread to not have established a reputation on these boards thus far as anything other than a schill for Maxfli Fire golf clubs. Clue number three.

The worst part of this is that casual visitors to this site at later dates will take all of this endorsement in good faith and likely consider buying this product just based on the BS Madison Ave. "internet marketing" approach taken by this thread.

TO ALL THOSE WHO WOULD CONSIDER PURCHASING MAXFLI FIRE GOLF CLUBS:

These will never EVER be reviewed by industry professionals OR competent amateurs. There is something to be learned from that.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Well when I bought my set, JUST PLAYIN - I'm with you boys, I see a serious pattern forming here I guess I'll just make due with my TM driver, and Cally shovels........

what a d1k!!

Lemmee guess Dano, you just purchased a set of maxfli fire clubs for you, your wife,your girlfriend, and both your kids and both of your girlfriends kids and you think they are GREAT!
    OUR MODS NEED TO DELETE THIS THREAD!!!

I don't know why but it gets on my nerves/ insults what little intelligence I have.

I have to agree with HS and FON about this thread. It is a transparent, grubby marketing ploy to gain some cred for these clubs. It is an attack on the integrity of GR to allow it to remian on the message board.

P.S. I note none of these newbies have posted pics of their new clubs anywhere on the board (file photos don't count boys so don't bother).

Ok anybody that is a new golfer and looking at this thread DO NOT BUY this set!! This is an absolute joke!! I used to work at Dick's I couldn't work there for that long because they were paying me to be naive! I thought that I was insulting my intelligence working there...because to be completely honest golf is probably one of the few things that I superior knowledge of than most people! I hit them all and they should throw maxfli and acuity clubs in a pile in the middle of a dessert and drop bombs on them until there isn't a single spec of anything that even resembles a golf club left!
    My Bag:

Driver- Titleist 907 D1 10.5 YS-6+ S
    3-wood- Titleist 906f2 Diamana S
    Hybrid- Cleveland Halo 2i S
    3-PW Cleveland TA1's X100
    54*- Cleveland 588 TSC Blackshafts
    60*- Cleveland 588 DSG
    Putter- Rife Two Bar Hybrid Belly
    Ball- Pro V1x
    Handicap: +.7

Quote Originally Posted by dano3470
    what a d1k!!
    You'll have to forgive him he's Australian.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Sorry chaps, I can't resist; a mate (5 handicap) and myself were trying out drivers at one of the local driving ranges. After hitting a couple of balls with it and other drivers, and comparing the asking price for it against some big name brands, the MAXFLI was considered a good buy; for a high handicapper, a good value first purchase.

As someone in an earlier post stated this is just elitist BS. I have seen those clubs for sale. Whilst we might consider them junk for a novice hacker who is only just getting started or a casual player who hacks his way around a public course once in a blue moon a $200-$300 starter set is ideal. They're probably a lot better and easier to use than a rusty old set of 30 year old blades and persimmon woods that are gathering dust in the basement.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    As someone in an earlier post stated this is just elitist BS. I have seen those clubs for sale. Whilst we might consider them junk for a novice hacker who is only just getting started or a casual player who hacks his way around a public course once in a blue moon a $200-$300 starter set is ideal. They're probably a lot better and easier to use than a rusty old set of 30 year old blades and persimmon woods that are gathering dust in the basement.
    I agree that a novice that isn't sure if he/she likes the game or is going to stick with it should buy a cheap set of clubs. When I first started I went to a small local golf shop and bought a cheap set of TM RAC knock offs.
    However I just don't like our forum being used like this. It's not elitist I just don't like being part of a "transparent grubby marketing ploy." To quote NaH.
    This forum is for belittleing people and calling them gay, juvenile trash talking battles, along with the occasional 8th grade locker room d!ck joke.
    Not creating buzz for Dick's sporting goods crappy starter sets.
    Last edited by Home-slicer; 07-11-2008 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Lemmee guess Dano, you just purchased a set of maxfli fire clubs for you, your wife,your girlfriend, and both your kids and both of your girlfriends kids and you think they are GREAT!
    OUR MODS NEED TO DELETE THIS THREAD!!!

I don't know why but it gets on my nerves/ insults what little intelligence I have.
    You guessed wrong. I have TM rac os2 w/ cleveland 10.5 15 and 19 and cg12 60/10 black pearl all stuffed into a under armour bag. I dont shop at Dick's for their golf stuff. Just for fishing equipment. My remark was for the fact that someone puts up a thread asking about a set of clubs and might have had his confidence taken away. And for that I picture Hacker to be a d1k. And now you too. Sorry for the freedom of speach but this is America and how I feel.

Also I don't like my girlfriend enough to buy her clubs. The last thing I want is to spend time with her or her kids on the course. But if you would like...Be my guest.
    Last edited by dano3470; 07-11-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dano3470
    You guessed wrong. I have TM rac os2 w/ cleveland 10.5 15 and 19 and cg12 60/10 black pearl all stuffed into a under armour bag. I dont shop at Dick's for their golf stuff. Just for fishing equipment. My remark was for the fact that someone puts up a thread asking about a set of clubs and might have had his confidence taken away. And for that I picture Hacker to be a d1k. Sorry for the freedom of speach but this is America and how I feel.

Also I don't like my girlfriend enough to buy her clubs. The last thing I want is to spend time with her or her kids on the course. But if you would like...Be my guest.

Whoa there big fella! Don't go putting the cart before the horse now... you haven't conquered the world yet.

This is the INTERNET. It's a global thing. ;)

Seriously though, just because a few of us are getting a distinct scent of spam on the breeze with a hint of scam thrown in doesn't mean we're being elitist. We're just giving a heads-up to those who may not know any better. Ignorance has a cure and it's called information. There just happens to be a lot of schilling of a brand new BUDGET set of clubs by a LOT of newbie posters going on in this thread. We're just balancing the equation and hopefully creating awareness of this situation to help save the money of those who may not have a lot of it to spend in the first place. The truth is - there are better deals than these Maxfli Fire clubs just about anywhere you want to look. You can get any of the Adams beginner sets for not much more coin than this and in truth they will be of far superior quality and design. There are MANY more options just like that out there. These Maxfli clubs are about the same level of quality that you would come to expect from most of the crap they schill on the Home Shopping Channel. Not worth the price on the tag.

This is golf, and the harsh reality of that is that you usually get what you pay for. It's a tough pill to swallow, but it's the truth.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Maxfli Fire Complete set

I was a little skeptical about buying these fantastic irons, boy am I glad I did. The 3 and 4 Hybrids are amazing, high straight and perfect. The 5-PW are phenomenal, I can work them both ways and control the trajectory. I just shot my personal best 132 on a 6100 yard course. If you are looking for the set to take your game to the next level, look no further. I think they are even throwing in a free odyssey 3 ball if you purchase in the next week!!! Keep up the good work MaxiPads.....
    GFF
    Upon further review GFF is a hack and will retire the players Bag....my new set:

Driver: 907 D2 w/V2 76 stiff
    3 wood: Burner TP Stiff 14.5*
    4-PW: Burner XD (Mizuno soon again)
    Wedges: 52/56 SV Tour black Satin
    Putter: S.C Santa Fe '97 Black Pearl
    Ball: ProV1x, Taylormade, Nike Ones

Quote Originally Posted by GrainFlowForged
    I was a little skeptical about buying these fantastic irons, boy am I glad I did. The 3 and 4 Hybrids are amazing, high straight and perfect. The 5-PW are phenomenal, I can work them both ways and control the trajectory. I just shot my personal best 132 on a 6100 yard course. If you are looking for the set to take your game to the next level, look no further. I think they are even throwing in a free odyssey 3 ball if you purchase in the next week!!! Keep up the good work MaxiPads.....
    GFF
    When are you going to change your signature?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Almost forgot thanks!
    GFF
    Upon further review GFF is a hack and will retire the players Bag....my new set:

After further consideration, I'm revoking all of my above statements because I've just become the proud owner of my own full set of Maxfly Fyre clubs. Let me say this - they are everything you would expect and more. They aren't the real Maxfli Fire irons, but they are clones I bought off e-bay which only cost me $50 for a 17 pc set including ball retriever and ball washer - for some reason my balls don't fit into the ball washer so I'll stick to the shower technique - I say that's false advertising, but I can't find a company to hold liable in court. It's like they don't exist...

The clubs are amazing - the driver flies about 400 yards further than my old TM, the woods and hybrids go super straight, the irons are easy to hit inside 5 feet every single time, and the putter one putts every green without any assistance from me whatsoever. I feel sorry for the shmucks paying out $300 for a set of Maxfli Fire clubs when they could just do what I did and get the Maxfly Fyre clubs off e-bay for 1/6 the price at the same level of performance.

Some clubs may arrive from the factory looking bent in odd ways, but the company says they will exchange the defective product for a satisfactory one for a fee of $20 per transaction.

Great buy! You should try them!

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Why

Why did I waste my money! I shoulda got the clones, I knew it. I dont think the driver goes 400 yards farther than any Taylormade, I only get 250 yards more. My irons go Inside 1 foot every time and the putter as you mentioned is automatic (as expected, the only time I have more than 1 foot is when I decide to "man up and go for it" on the par 5s off the tee.....I have never had so many albatross butts in my life! Many sellers are selling the real thing on ebay for 100 dollars now! Dont be surprised if this number goes way up as they are great clubs. Also, many sellers will include a dozen Maxfli X Outs complimentary!

GFF

I don't get it

I don't understand what is going on in this forum. I joined up just to ask this.
    If these clubs are junk and worthless then FINE!
    Speak up Super Golfers and recommend a better option. Don't just tell people that
    this is crap, that is junk, this is garbage. I understand if they are. But it would be real nice if you could say "Better recommendation would be "CLUBS"" and that would really help. When you just bash and don't explain why it does no help to anyone.
    Sorry but not a lot of us have 2 grand to go spend on clubs not knowing what clubs we really need!
    I went to a pro shop to inquire about clubs and after 20 minutes of guys like this not wanting to even bother to sell me clubs because I wouldn't look at the $500 driver, $500 irons, $150 bag, $150 Shoes, $400 Fairway woods.
    Plain and simple a good suggestion for new players would be nice. I would love to get into the game but after reading all the stuff here I guess it's just a little club that only certain people can join.

Quote Originally Posted by TotlKaos
    I don't understand what is going on in this forum. I joined up just to ask this.
    Speak up Super Golfers and recommend a better option. Don't just tell people that
    this is crap, that is junk, this is garbage. I understand if they are. But it would be real nice if you could say "Better recommendation would be "CLUBS"" and that would really help. When you just bash and don't explain why it does no help to anyone.
    Sorry but not a lot of us have 2 grand to go spend on clubs not knowing what clubs we really need!
    I went to a pro shop to inquire about clubs and after 20 minutes of guys like this not wanting to even bother to sell me clubs because I wouldn't look at the $500 driver, $500 irons, $150 bag, $150 Shoes, $400 Fairway woods.
    Plain and simple a good suggestion for new players would be nice. I would love to get into the game but after reading all the stuff here I guess it's just a little club that only certain people can join.
    yep your absolutly right...

Okay. This is what most people are missing about this thread. Read the whole thread. There are nine brand new first time posters on this thread that have the exact same off brand clubs. The odds of this being just coincidence are astronomical. Someone from Dick's is either encouraging people to post about these clubs, or it's one person using multiple accounts.
    It's not about bashing these clubs. It's about having our forum used as a free marketing campaign that is being bashed. It's dishonest and cheap. I think FON hit it on the head, someone in Dick's marketing dept. said, "Hey, let's give potential customers something to hit on when they google these clubs!" Look at the first couple of posts. They aren't asking about the clubs, they are raving about them. and the post by golfrookie is a commercial with a link!!
    So if you aren't part of the ad campaign Mr. Kaos. Callaway preowned is an affordable option for a new golfer. E-bay always has plenty of high quality OEM clubs at great prices. (Older models suc as Ping G2's or Callaway X-18's or Big Berthas would be great sticks for a beginner)
    Sorry to be long winded but, this thread gets on my nerves and SHOULD BE DELETED! This forum should not be used like this, because we are all about INTEGRITY here at GR!
    PS- I've been playing for 2 months, I shoot in the low 70's and Drive the ball 340 yards.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

PS- I've been playing for 2 months, I shoot in the low 70's and Drive the ball 340 yards.
    Are you playing the MaxFli Fire ball? I suspect you are due to your scores and driving distance!
    FEA

Put it this way Kaos. If you went on a Mountain Biking forum asking about a $200 mountain bike from Walmart you would be greeted with howls of derision about what a piece of junk it is from all the mountain bike junkies who devote thousands of dollars of their hard earned cash to maintaining their state of the art machines. However for the rest of us who are thinking of buying our first mountain bike just to ride around the local park to get a bit of fitness and fresh air that $200 piece of junk will be perfectly adequate. If we enjoy it so much that we decide to join the local club and upgrade later to a $1,000 or $10,000 bike that's fine too. On the other hand we might decide that mountain biking is not what it's cracked up to be and that $200 piece of junk becomes a $200 dust collector in the basement.

The same goes for the maxfli golf clubs. They will be perfectly adequate to get a casual golfer started. If you get hooked you can upgrade later when you know more about the game and what clubs you need. If you don't get hooked you haven't wasted much money. Most of us would have started with a cheap set or a set of old hand me downs from friends or family.

Don't even think about the $500 driver, $500 irons, $150 bag, $150 Shoes, $400 Fairway woods. Just get something cheap to get you started.

Hope that helps clear up the misconception. The Maxfli clubs are fine for a beginner just not for all the 'seasoned pros' on this forum.

Golf is definitely not "just a little club that only certain people can join". For a small investment in a set of starter clubs ANYONE can play this great game.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 07-29-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I hate sales and marketing asholes almost as much as roads that don't have bike lanes. With so much demand these days for prostitutes, why would people stoop so low as to become internet marketers?
    Last edited by Not a German; 07-28-2008 at 11:39 PM.

Put it this way Kaos. If you went on a Mountain Biking forum asking about a $200 mountain bike from Walmart you would be greeted with howls of derision about what a piece of junk it is from all the mountain bike junkies who devote thousands of dollars of their hard earned cash to maintaining their state of the art machines. However for the rest of us who are thinking of buying our first mountain bike just to ride around the local park to get a bit of fitness and fresh air that $200 piece of junk will be perfectly adequate. If we enjoy it so much that we decide to join the local club and upgrade later to a $1,000 or $10,000 bike that's fine too. On the other hand we might decide that mountain biking is not what it's cracked up to be and that $200 piece of junk becomes a $200 dust collector in the basement.

The same goes for the maxfli golf clubs. They will be perfectly adequate to get a casual golfer started. If you get hooked you can upgrade later when you know more about the game and what clubs you need. If you don't get hooked you haven't wasted much money. Most of us would have started with a cheap set or a set of old hand me downs from friends or family.

Don't even think about the $500 driver, $500 irons, $150 bag, $150 Shoes, $400 Fairway woods. Just get something cheap to get you started.

Hope that helps clear up the misconception. The Maxfli clubs are fine for a beginner but not for all the 'seasoned pros' on this forum.

Or to put it another way - I'm into amateur astronomy as well as golf. I own 3 telescopes of varying quality and capability. I started out with the sort of telescopes you find in stores like Wal-Mart, etc... you know, the ones with small lenses and claims of extraordinary magnifying power (600x and the like). Turns out that in order to magnify something THAT MUCH and have it look something other than blurry, you need larger lenses and mirrors to increase your available resolution. Joe-Shopper doesn't know this. Joe-Shopper buys the Bushnell 60mm refractor "capable of 625x!!" and wonders why the moon looks so blurry when he uses such high magnification. Joe-Shopper joins an internet forum and asks people what the deal is with his $200 60mm Bushnell telescope. Someone like me (with a $400 200mm Dobsonian Reflector) tells him that his telescope is overpriced mass produced junk and that he could have had what I own for just over twice the cost. Joe-Shopper gets upset that I called a spade a spade (or in this case a cheap telescope what it is) and seems to think I'm some wealthy snob with a big ego who's only interested in justifying my own purchase to myself. Joe-Shopper therefore fails to learn a basic lesson in consumerism - when you pay very little, you are less likely to get what you pay for than if you were to spend even a moderate amount on something a bit better than the "cheap stuff". This particular Joe-Shopper was actually me at one time - until I learned a few lessons the hard way. It works the same way with golf equipment. (BTW, Japan crafts just as high quality lenses as they do irons - so they have that goin' for them... )

But that doesn't even apply here.

This thread was an obvious shill attempt by someone who stood to profit from getting Google hits and favorable reviews of Maxfli Fire clubs out to the public. They are dime-a-dozen (or in this case fourteen) budget irons. There are hundreds of sets out there in big box stores that are the equivalent of these. They are nothing special in their price point. Run of the mill. Just another set of budget, mass produced, low quality product aimed to be sold to the uninformed consumer on a tight budget. Anyone who is considering purchasing these clubs has a right to know that. They can still make up their own mind.

Don't shoot the messenger.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Put it this way Kaos. If you went on a Mountain Biking forum asking about a $200 mountain bike from Walmart you would be greeted with howls of derision about what a piece of junk it is from all the mountain bike junkies who devote thousands of dollars of their hard earned cash to maintaining their state of the art machines. However for the rest of us who are thinking of buying our first mountain bike just to ride around the local park to get a bit of fitness and fresh air that $200 piece of junk will be perfectly adequate.
    I agree with you in concept, however, I bought a $200 bike from Walmart, the frame snapped and I fell off it and broke my hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German
    I agree with you in concept, however, I bought a $200 bike from Walmart, the frame snapped and I fell off it and broke my hip.

That can happen from time to time when you ride your bike against the flow of traffic on the freeway. Other side of the road Feherty.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

daveperk Guest
    In spite of some rather harsh words towards my good self from posters on this thread, I think I gave you good advice which you acted upon appropriately. You have agrred with me that these clubs have limitations and are a stepping stone to better sets, and my warning to you to not get ripped off by a fast talking salesman sounds like it was heeded, so all in all you made the right move. Some of the guys here are a bit quick on the keyboard and are shooting me down before they even finish reading my posts. I just think this is a forum where people can be straight and say it as they see it without being burdened with pleasantries. IMO all the people who attack me for not sugar coating my posts should stop whining and go to sh!ttalk.
    she'll be right, mate.. no worries... :-)

dicks

just to add.. i am also a beginner who shoots just over 100.. i went to dicks this morning and this is the set that the salesman tried to push on me... his argument was that the shafts were far better on the irons than anything even near the price.. i went in looking at the adams ovation line and left even more confused..although i did hit the fires and they felt pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by urhair
    just to add.. i am also a beginner who shoots just over 100.. i
    You should also add that you're an internet saleshole.

Quote Originally Posted by urhair
    i went to dicks this morning
    Listen squire, I never judge anybody, after all, I have plenty of my own issues, but there are better forums for this kind of announcement. Happy hunting!

Hi
    Maxfli Fires are a silent and nature friendly iron. The beauty and silence of these irons attracts me more. As I love nature that is why I like these irons.
    ================================================== ============
    HB
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Hi
    Maxfli Fires are a silent and nature friendly iron. The beauty and silence of these irons attracts me more. As I love nature that is why I like these irons.
    HB
    haha i forgot all about the "golf and computer" thread

GK
    Driver: Titleist D2 8.5 Aldila Vs Proto X Stiff

3 wood: Nike SQ, Aldila NV Stiff

Hybrid: Not In The Bag

Irons: Mizuno MP 67's S300

Wedges: Callaway X Tour Vintage 52*, 56*, Nike Forged 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Steel Rossie 35inch

Hi
    HB
    Excellent. I just laughed so hard that I pissed in someone else's pants.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Excellent. I just laughed so hard that I pissed in someone else's pants.
    LOL at "in someone elses pants"

GK
    Driver: Titleist D2 8.5 Aldila Vs Proto X Stiff

3 wood: Nike SQ, Aldila NV Stiff

Hybrid: Not In The Bag

Irons: Mizuno MP 67's S300

Wedges: Callaway X Tour Vintage 52*, 56*, Nike Forged 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Steel Rossie 35inch

Hey everyone,

In al the flaming we have overlooked quite a signficant event in this thread. Not a German is back. He hasn't been on this forum for quite a while (at least under this name) and should be welcomed back.

Hey everyone,

In al the flaming we have overlooked quite a signficant event in this thread. Not a German is back. He hasn't been on this forum for quite a while (at least under this name) and should be welcomed back.

Absolutely right. Welcome back NaG. Nice to see you finally remembered your GR password.

I like spaghetti.
    ============

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Thanks and it's barry to be back. You might think me a baw bag for being gone so long, but I found me a besom and I had me way until I almost lost my tadger. But in the end, her snotter was simply too much for me. So I'm a free man. Same old bike, same old paunch, same old merkin. I do miss the gammy. But now I'm golfing again! Cheers all.

Thanks and it's barry to be back. You might think me a baw bag for being gone so long, but I found me a besom and I had me way until I almost lost my tadger. But in the end, her snotter was simply too much for me. So I'm a free man. Same old bike, same old paunch, same old merkin. I do miss the gammy. But now I'm golfing again! Cheers all.

Sooooooo typical of an International Man of Mystery such as yourself, NaG. Don't let the bedbugs bite tonight. Wouldn't want your tadger to get too gammy. Merkin mites are nothing to sneeze at.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

It's not that I'm a choob, well maybe I am, but I'm so fou right now that making it to bed would be impossible. In fact I'm not sure I can make it to the cludgie. But thanks for the kind thoughts.

If you jacknobs ever have any more problems with threads like this, just send Ping or myself a PM.

You could also Click the "Report a Post" Icon, which sends Ping and Myself an E-mail.

Continue, but all readers please keep in mind that this is not a good set of irons. You can do better for the $$.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    If you jacknobs ever have any more problems with threads like this, just send Ping or myself a PM.

You could also Click the "Report a Post" Icon, which sends Ping and Myself an E-mail.

Continue, but all readers please keep in mind that this is not a good set of irons. You can do better for the $$.

Have we not made that clear already??

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I refuse to be called a jacknob by someone who is addicted to golfahol.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I refuse to be called a jacknob by someone who is addicted to golfahol.
    whatta ya gonna do about it..PUNK.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Have we not made that clear already??

FON
    It has more creditability coming out of my mouth.

It has more creditability coming out of my mouth.

Not when you use non-words like that...

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Not when you use non-words like that...

FON

Typo

Punk..

Get to bed!!!

Typo

Punk..

Get to bed!!!

Sleep is for wusses...

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Sleep is for wusses...

FON
    I hear ya,

I'm rarely in bed before 2AM

complete set golf

I will buy a complete set golf for intermedaire player. What brand is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by pc2910
    I will buy a complete set golf for intermedaire player. What brand is the best.
    Complete sets are usually a bad idea, especially for an intermediate player.(vs. novice)
    I will, however, tell you this. Stay away from Maxfli-Fire sets. They are piece of sh!t shovels and gaybrids. Cheap, mass-produced, QVC quality gabage. Maxfli-Fires are to golf clubs what that a$$ clown that dresses like Zorro on the home shopping channel is to guitars. Maxfli-Fire golf clubs are as gay as a tangerine, and if you buy a set of 'em, you might as well wear some a$$-less leather chaps to a Cher concert.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

maxfli golf set

Okay, so you're the ninth. (seriously count-em) brand new member and first time poster on this thread that has not one but TWO sets of these POS clubs. At first I thought it was spam, but now I realize this is a joke, so I am going to cordially ask you (all nine of you) to kindly piss off and die.
    d reason this thread attracts all the brand new members is because of ppl looking for Maxfli reviews. If u r not interested then dont even bother coming in. Maxfli is a great set for beginner compare to other beginner brands. I was using maxfli till few years ago when I upgraded to TM n nike. This forum is for every1 (novice or expert) who is interested in golf. Constructive comments are welcome. If you want to complain about everything go set up ur own web n c how many ppl will bother visiting it!!!

I just read this entire thread through and I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Why don't you newbies wanting to tout your Maxfli clubs just go to www.fairygolfersforever.com . My guess is that even edgey will be nauseated reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I just read this entire thread through.
    Nothing better to do?

Now where the f#ck am I?

You mean the frame of your bike was not GFF?

Quote Originally Posted by golfaus
    d reason this thread attracts all the brand new members is because of ppl looking for Maxfli reviews. If u r not interested then dont even bother coming in. Maxfli is a great set for beginner compare to other beginner brands. I was using maxfli till few years ago when I upgraded to TM n nike. This forum is for every1 (novice or expert) who is interested in golf. Constructive comments are welcome. If you want to complain about everything go set up ur own web n c how many ppl will bother visiting it!!!
    When I first looked at this new member's screen name, I thought Sergio had joined the board. Then I realized it was short one letter. Just the same, from now on I will refer to Sergio as golfanus.
    GR lives...

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    the words "maxfli" or "maxfire" should be immediately banned from this website.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

I just read this entire thread through and I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Why don't you newbies wanting to tout your Maxfli clubs just go to www.fairygolfersforever.com . My guess is that even edgey will be nauseated reading this thread.

Back when Maxfli was a Dunlop model name, they made some excellent golf clubs. That was decades ago, however.

Still, I can see beginners trying out the game with a packaged set. A decent set of serious clubs cost about $2500 and up. What if you don't care for the game after trying it?

The guys I met on the "inside" weren't as tough as you clowns!

Oh, and Sooner, your beloved Mizuno makes the best packaged set on the market, the ladies' Sora set. Not cheap, but excellent.

You guys do recognize the fact that this is a spamming campaign, don't you? Doesn't everyone know that companies will enlist the aid of several of their workers to go on product associated sites to talk up their products in ways that seem to "fit in" with the forum's topics?

I own a website, guys, and we deal with this kind of shite constantly. GA and Pingman, it's not a coincidence that so many newbies signed up and started posting on this subject at once. You can check the IPs, but if they have an IP hiding software that will not even help. The fact of so many of them signing up and commenting at once on just this subject is a dead give away.

You guys do recognize the fact that this is a spamming campaign, don't you?
    I should have read the thread from the beginning. Now that our Okie pal has filled me in, I don't have to.

This thread brings back memories. It contains some of Not a Germans finest work. For that reason alone its worth reading all the way through for those not involved when it was all going on.

You guys do recognize the fact that this is a spamming campaign, don't you? Doesn't everyone know that companies will enlist the aid of several of their workers to go on product associated sites to talk up their products in ways that seem to "fit in" with the forum's topics?

I own a website, guys, and we deal with this kind of shite constantly. GA and Pingman, it's not a coincidence that so many newbies signed up and started posting on this subject at once. You can check the IPs, but if they have an IP hiding software that will not even help. The fact of so many of them signing up and commenting at once on just this subject is a dead give away.
    Of course we know it was a bunch of spamming twats. It's still funny, and more fun to play with the spammers than delete their threads.

Of course we know it was a bunch of spamming twats. It's still funny, and more fun to play with the spammers than delete their threads.

OK. Please allow me to let you play through . . . . . .

Typical chopper's shovel. I'll bet that the forging isn't even grain flow.

Actually NN, those aren't forged. They are a multi layer design like the revolutions, supposedly with the same feel as forged blah blah blah. I agree that they are certainly not chopper shovels though. Back in the day over here, there were more sets of Maxfli's (mainly revo's but some Aussie Blades) in the bags of low cap amatuers than any other brand. They were the ducks nuts 10 years ago.

Actually NN, those aren't forged. They are a multi layer design like the revolutions, supposedly with the same feel as forged blah blah blah. I agree that they are certainly not chopper shovels though. Back in the day over here, there were more sets of Maxfli's (mainly revo's but some Aussie Blades) in the bags of low cap amatuers than any other brand. They were the ducks nuts 10 years ago.
    Fair enough. Here's a forged Maxfli, then.

I've heard that outside of North America, Dunlop and Maxfli are still related.

Just to drag this out as payment for reading all that trash, I got the Fire set last week and it hits great.... I don't really see what else matters so I have no idea how there are like 80 posts crying about people liking them...

and mine are +2 inches lengthened (I'm 6'10")

anyway for 250 bucks even if they break next year how can I complain?

there great clubs for the money, definitely not worth the original retail price of 500ish, but damn good clubs for the money they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by pibbsmaster
    Just to drag this out as payment for reading all that trash, I got the Fire set last week and it hits great.... I don't really see what else matters so I have no idea how there are like 80 posts crying about people liking them...

there great clubs for the money, definitely not worth the original retail price of 500ish, but damn good clubs for the money they are now.
    Do you get a discount if you mention this advertisement?

Quote Originally Posted by pibbsmaster

I don't know why you're crying about having to lengthen your irons 2". It's alot easier than height reduction surgery.
    GR lives...

Don't listen to these haters Mr. Pibb! As a fellow Fire enthusiast (check the sig,biotch!!), I get the feeling that you're not just some spamming douchebag, you are going to be a longstanding member here. Way to make these villainous tricksters pay for their snarky anti-fire propaganda by reviving this classic thread. Sadly, these fools will never know the sublime feeling of a purely struck Fire.
    Since bagging the Fires, "clearing my hips" and "creating lag" is easier than ever. Even "getting stuck at the top" is physically impossible when swinging a Maxfli-Fire. and C.O.R.? don't get me started, mine has like, quadrupled. The fires even help me squat during the downswing with my weight on my right heel.
    Welcome aboard Pibb! Now, go weigh in on the "Swing the Clubhead" thread.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Don't listen to these haters Mr. Pibb! As a fellow Fire enthusiast (check the sig,biotch!!), I get the feeling that you're not just some spamming douchebag, you are going to be a longstanding member here. Way to make these villainous tricksters pay for their snarky anti-fire propaganda by reviving this classic thread. Sadly, these fools will never know the sublime feeling of a purely struck Fire.
    Since bagging the Fires, "clearing my hips" and "creating lag" is easier than ever. Even "getting stuck at the top" is physically impossible when swinging a Maxfli-Fire. and C.O.R.? don't get me started, mine has like, quadrupled. The fires even help me squat during the downswing with my weight on my right heel.
    Welcome aboard Pibb! Now, go weigh in on the "Swing the Clubhead" thread.
    What's wrong with the Maxfli Fire putter?

Thread Information