|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    What's wrong with the Maxfli Fire putter?
    Congrats on the century post, NaH. To answer your question, I figured I would compliment my cheap POS clubs with an extremely overpriced POS putter.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

sweet jesus they make a matching putter? does it have the flame decals????? I need that..

and yeah I looked into just having my shins removed but didint find that service on the Dick's pro services list... its a shame, I could start fitting in doorways and cars from japan

After you purchase your maxfli clubs,you can purchase your pivot for power and your one armed straight jacket.I also read this thread from the beginning and it"s not the first spam thread on this forum.Seems to be more and more.I just wonder whos on the mizuno paycheck.....

Quote Originally Posted by pibbsmaster
    sweet jesus they make a matching putter? does it have the flame decals????? I need that..

and yeah I looked into just having my shins removed but didint find that service on the Dick's pro services list... its a shame, I could start fitting in doorways and cars from japan
    Can't help you with removing shins, but if you go to Golf Galaxy, they have someone there (and here) who I'm quite sure could talk your ears off if that helps.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

aw the putter has no flames, worthless.. on another subject anyone seen any huge putters out there... like 40 inch?

Just to drag this out as payment for reading all that trash, I got the Fire set last week and it hits great.... I don't really see what else matters so I have no idea how there are like 80 posts crying about people liking them...

and mine are +2 inches lengthened (I'm 6'10")

anyway for 250 bucks even if they break next year how can I complain?

there great clubs for the money, definitely not worth the original retail price of 500ish, but damn good clubs for the money they are now.

You have the Fires?

Hmmm... I guess I owe Kiwi a commission on that sale.

One standard coupon booklet coming right up.

Home-slicer, your endorsement money is in the mail. Now... about those ping-pong paddles... it's $25000!!! You could buy a shrimpin' boat and a half dozen Dr. Pepper's for that...

I never envisioned our little company having this kind of success. It`s like something right out of a Robert Zemeckis film...

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I joined just to add more fuel to the "fire" lol. I kid, but seriously these are decent clubs.

Let me explain to you real quickly why you are seeing so many "n00bz" commenting on these clubs:

search "maxfli fire" >>> the second result IS THIS POST
    search "maxfli fire clubs" and guess what? first result IS THIS POST

So, that is why the newbs are coming.

That said, I actually bought these clubs when they were on sale for $175 from golf galaxy.

All the clubs feel pretty damn good to me. On miss-hits I dont get that hard, nasty, palm-shocking feel I used to get with the shitty set of loaner clubs I played with 3 years ago. I shot 51 today on the back 9 of 72 par course (Murray Parkway, Murray, UT), and this was my 3rd time playing in the last 3 weeks, having not played at all the 3+ years previous (not that I played alot back then either). I was driving 210-230 ( I swing slowly, otherwise I'll slice like crazy, need some help with my swing sometime soon).

Now, this set doesnt come with a bag, putter, or wedges other than pw. I bought a decent taylor-made bag and some headcovers when I bought the clubs, and from ebay got a sandwedge (la jolla knife, dont think i'll buy la jolla again but it was cheap) and putter (tour edge) since golfgalaxy's were overpriced for the quality. Total spent is about $340.

The Adams Tight Lies Plus set I bought for my brother on ebay for $400 is probably was better deal since it comes with just about everything including 3 wedges. I could have bought a cheaper bag and whatnot though. After today I feel like I need a 50* wedge and I'll probably be happy.

I'm satisfied. The clubs play well enough; enough to make me addicted to golf again. I'd recommend these clubs to anyone needing a cheaper set. I'll be happy if they last a year. Attatched some pics; maybe thats proof enough that I dont work for Dicks, (or taylormade, or ebay, or la jolla, or tour edge for that matter^_^) or you can come play with me in SLC, UT ;D I'll buy you a beer when we're done (no, we're not all mormons here in Utah ;))))

otherwise, Flame on, flamers!

Last edited by weschester; 06-05-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Lol I kinda feel your pain, I'm 6'5"

Damn you Westchester! I have been trying to resist buying the Fire set and after reading Homeslicers detailed endorsement of the swing benefits I was sorely tempted. Now after seeing photo's of them WOW! Those are sweet looking sticks. I'm rushing out the door to buy mine right away! As more and more people google this site and see those pictures I gotta feelin there's gonna be a rush on and a 'fire' sale!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Wait a minute! Are you saying the La Jolla sandwedge doesn't come with the Fires as standard? In that case I might not get them after all.

Now where the f#ck am I?

[QUOTE=weschester]
    Let me explain to you real quickly why you are seeing so many "n00bz" commenting on these clubs:
    search "maxfli fire" >>> the second result IS THIS POST
    search "maxfli fire clubs" and guess what? first result IS THIS POST
    So, that is why the newbs are coming.
    All the clubs feel pretty damn good to me. On miss-hits I dont get that hard, nasty, palm-shocking feel I used to get with the shitty set of loaner clubs I played with 3 years ago. I shot 51 today on the back 9 of 72 par course (Murray Parkway, Murray, UT), and this was my 3rd time playing in the last 3 weeks, having not played at all the 3+ years previous (not that I played alot back then either). I was driving 210-230 ( I swing slowly, otherwise I'll slice like crazy, need some help with my swing sometime soon).[QUOTE]

Like the other Fire players on this thread,. I found this forum when googling the Fires. Like most normal, sane, non-spamming folks, I always look for reviews on crap I already purchased, I then feel an overwhelming need to join said review forum and post reviews in the forum (not in the review section, mind you, that would be retarded!)
    Anyway, like my fellow Fire players, I used to play when I was a kid, and these awesome and affordable clubs made me fall in love with golf again. Also, like most Fire players, I am tall, 7'5 to be exact. Dick's fit me at +13". Ask you local franchise about the free "Dick's lengthening program."
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Can you enlarge on the free dick lengthening program?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Damn you Westchester! I have been trying to resist buying the Fire set and after reading Homeslicers detailed endorsement of the swing benefits I was sorely tempted. Now after seeing photo's of them WOW! Those are sweet looking sticks. I'm rushing out the door to buy mine right away! As more and more people google this site and see those pictures I gotta feelin there's gonna be a rush on and a 'fire' sale!
    hey I have a better idea! Why dont we trade clubs?!?!

;)

I know you're being sarcastic but these arent bad beginner clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by weschester
    hey I have a better idea! Why dont we trade clubs?!?!

;)

I know you're being sarcastic but these arent bad beginner clubs.
    Yeah of course they are. And the setup looks good too. All beginners should start out with a set of cheap starter clubs and a set that includes a couple of hybrids in place of the 3 & 4 irons. Once/If you get hooked on the game and start improving then you can start to look at some better quality clubs but in the meantime those will be ideal.

Enjoy the game!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Like the other Fire players on this thread,. I found this forum when googling the Fires. Like most normal, sane, non-spamming folks, I always look for reviews on crap I already purchased, I then feel an overwhelming need to join said review forum and post reviews in the forum (not in the review section, mind you, that would be retarded!)
    Anyway, like my fellow Fire players, I used to play when I was a kid, and these awesome and affordable clubs made me fall in love with golf again. Also, like most Fire players, I am tall, 7'5 to be exact. Dick's fit me at +13". Ask you local franchise about the free "Dick's lengthening program."

It's quite obvious that you're super cool! Wow! The wit and intelligence displayed through your razor sharp commentary is very impressive! I totally recommend the Dick's Lengthening program! I bet it would help you a lot, especially If Dick told you that you need 13 more inches then I would venture a guess that you have a very "SHORT" game!

;)

And gee, well, I actually read this post before buying the clubs! That defies all logic doesnt it!?!? How silly of me. And yeah, how about I start a whole new thread in a different section, where it may, in fact belong, instead of contributing to an already existing but somewhat pathetic conversation. I really hate trying to share information about a reasonably priced set of clubs with people who might come here looking for actual feedback! My mistake! Meaningless sarcasm is so much more constructive! Now I see the way, thank you.

Dont stop hating, though. It's very sexy on you.
    Last edited by weschester; 06-07-2009 at 05:59 AM.

I have a problem that is opposite from most guys. My shafts are too long and cumbersome. Is there a Dick's shortening program?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I have a problem that is opposite from most guys. My shafts are too long and cumbersome. Is there a Dick's shortening program?
    lol. Yeah I hear they can take some girth out as well, if you or a lady friend are finding it too much to "handle". And I know you probably like to share the shaftage with the ladies.

lol. Yeah I hear they can take some girth out as well, if you or a lady friend are finding it too much to "handle". And I know you probably like to share the shaftage with the ladies.
    Listen Weschester, try not to take offense. I think I speak for the others that we're just jealous of your house. Seriously, the carpeting rocks. It looks like the hall carpet is straight out of Picasso.

Have you thought of getting some furniture?
    GR lives...

It's quite obvious that you're super cool! Wow! The wit and intelligence displayed through your razor sharp commentary is very impressive! I totally recommend the Dick's Lengthening program! I bet it would help you a lot, especially If Dick told you that you need 13 more inches then I would venture a guess that you have a very "SHORT" game!

;)

And gee, well, I actually read this post before buying the clubs! That defies all logic doesnt it!?!? How silly of me. And yeah, how about I start a whole new thread in a different section, where it may, in fact belong, instead of contributing to an already existing but somewhat pathetic conversation. I really hate trying to share information about a reasonably priced set of clubs with people who might come here looking for actual feedback! My mistake! Meaningless sarcasm is so much more constructive! Now I see the way, thank you.

Dont stop hating, though. It's very sexy on you.
    Thanks! Nothing is as sexy as a defensive spammer, however.
    First of all, lighten up. Don't get your knickers in a twist just because you got called out. It's hard not to notice the now predictable pattern. The new member(s) always show up in pairs, a couple of hours apart. They always have something in common. (The first two were looking for Fire info, the second two bought sets for family, the last two are tall and need custom fitting etc.) It's also funny that NaH mentioned no pics then, lo and behold, a newbie shows up with pics. You just suck at your job. It's too transparent.
    Secondly, meaningless sarcasm is the order of the day here at GR. If you looked around the site, like most real members, you would know this.
    and finally, yes, I am super cool.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Alright I skipped to the end without reading all the posts. call me lazy but its just so hard to ignore my wife AND read. I'm going to assume that since it is a beginner's set, all the guys who are new are raving about them, and its the number one hit on google that its legit.

I'll give you a quick review of a club I've never hit (but I am a certified club junkie that escaped from rehab) If you stick with this game you will quickly outgrow Maxfli's offerings. When you do it time to start demoing high end clubs (preferably offered for more than 1 season) pick the one you like and then buy it off of Ebay. There are tons of good ways to ensure you're getting the real deal and not a cheap chinese knock off made in the same factory (probably on the same assembly line).

More than likely you will want to upgrade your driver first. DON'T. Get a good putter. I would suggest a face balanced putter with a high MOI so you start sinking some longer putts (having said that putters are mostly personal preference but at least consider a face balanced putter).

Then you should look at high quality wedges that provide you with plenty of control. (Vokey, Mizuno, Cleveland are all great offerings to consider)

Then its Driver time. then irons. and finally fairway woods.

The biggest key is getting it as cheap as you can (unless you have a big trust fund) and remember Ebay is the best market for golf clubs. Sometimes you can score out of craigslist :-), and finally garage sales but you'll likely waste alot of gas and get beat to the good stuff by some retiree who loves to show up at 3:00 am and pick through everything.
    Clearly the rules don't apply in this situation.

I am also a new member and first time contributor to this website. I suspect, like many others in this thread, I joined specifically for the opportunity to contribute to this particular topic.

I bought a set of Maxfli fire clubs from Dick’s last August when I was visiting Florida (I am British). I had never heard of Dick’s so I have no axe to grind one way or the other. I wanted a reasonably priced set of clubs, having decided to take up the game again after an absence of more than 30 years during which I had never even swung a club. Now, some 6 months later, I can only say that I am delighted with my purchase. OK, I have not played with top flight brands but I don’t find my set of clubs performing any worse than those used by others of a similar high handicap.

Also, answer me this – Dick’s bought Maxfli from Taylor Made, I believe, and Taylor Made still makes the Maxfli golf balls. If the clubs are as bad as some contributors to this thread are saying, wouldn’t Taylor Made try to distance themselves as far as possible from this brand name, or restrict Dick’s ability to use the brand name?

Also, as I understand, prior to Dick’s purchase of the club brand, Maxfli would have been a perfectly acceptable brand. So has Dick’s suddenly and intentionally lowered the standard of manufacture of these clubs? Why would they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by gribishok
    I am also a new member and first time contributor to this website. I suspect, like many others in this thread, I joined specifically for the opportunity to contribute to this particular topic.

I bought a set of Maxfli fire clubs from Dick’s last August when I was visiting Florida (I am British). I had never heard of Dick’s so I have no axe to grind one way or the other. I wanted a reasonably priced set of clubs, having decided to take up the game again after an absence of more than 30 years during which I had never even swung a club. Now, some 6 months later, I can only say that I am delighted with my purchase. OK, I have not played with top flight brands but I don’t find my set of clubs performing any worse than those used by others of a similar high handicap.

Also, answer me this – Dick’s bought Maxfli from Taylor Made, I believe, and Taylor Made still makes the Maxfli golf balls. If the clubs are as bad as some contributors to this thread are saying, wouldn’t Taylor Made try to distance themselves as far as possible from this brand name, or restrict Dick’s ability to use the brand name?

Also, as I understand, prior to Dick’s purchase of the club brand, Maxfli would have been a perfectly acceptable brand. So has Dick’s suddenly and intentionally lowered the standard of manufacture of these clubs? Why would they do that?
    As much as I don't want to give Dick's more publicity by bumping this old thread, I must tell you that there is indeed a huge difference between current Maxfli clubs and Maxfli clubs of old. Up until 10 or so years ago, Maxfli was a legitimate tour calibre OEM. They never made any decent woods, drivers or putters, but their revolution irons and balls were in the bags of lot's of pros world wide. The Maxfli POS shovels they churn out these days couldn't be fiurther removed from the revos, A10s and Australian Blades. I would rather give up golf than play Maxfli Fire irons.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    As much as I don't want to give Dick's more publicity by bumping this old thread, I must tell you that there is indeed a huge difference between current Maxfli clubs and Maxfli clubs of old. Up until 10 or so years ago, Maxfli was a legitimate tour calibre OEM. They never made any decent woods, drivers or putters, but their revolution irons and balls were in the bags of lot's of pros world wide. The Maxfli POS shovels they churn out these days couldn't be fiurther removed from the revos, A10s and Australian Blades. I would rather give up golf than play Maxfli Fire irons.
    The A10 tours are probably the best combo set EVER made. They are a fantastic set of irons. They have a nickel base so even though they are cast they feel as soft or softer than the best forged irons. Only the earlier Australian blades have a good reputation. They kept making these in recent times and the newer ones are crap.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

If Taylor Made wanted to distance themselves from crap, they would have stopped making irons and putters years ago. OEMs could care less about quality when it comes to their low end hacker sets. Nike proudly puts its name and logo on all of their clubs even thought every last one is a piece of shite.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    The A10 tours are probably the best combo set EVER made. They are a fantastic set of irons. They have a nickel base so even though they are cast they feel as soft or softer than the best forged irons. Only the earlier Australian blades have a good reputation. They kept making these in recent times and the newer ones are crap.
    I still see plenty of sets of A10s in bags of low caps. The guys who bag them swaer by them.

For your purposes gribishok I'm sure the clubs are fine but you have to remember that this is a board of golfing equipment fanatics who are always searching for the latest and greatest equipment.

I'm not sure if Dicks sell mountain bikes but lets just say they do and you bought some low spec, cheap entry level mountain bike from Dicks just to get you started in the sport. If you then went onto a mountain biking website and asked for opinions on your bike from a bunch of MTB heads who all own bikes worth thousands of dollars with all the latest & greatest components what sort of response do you think you would get. Get my drift???

Enjoy your Maxfli Fires and don't worry about the opinions on this forum.

Now where the f#ck am I?

It has been close to 2 years since I started this blog. To all of those who think the conversation was started as a ploy to advertize the MaxFli Fire Clubs, it was not. I started it to ask people who had a great deal more knowledge than I their opinion on the clubs, and just to try and gain any extra knowledge that I could. I will say thank you to all of those who posted at the beginning, and where very helpful. Since then I haven't had much of a chance to play, but I have finally broken the 100 stroke mark.

That being said, I still enjoy the clubs somewhat. The driver, 3 and 5 woods, and the 3 and 4 hybrids all have to much flex in the shafts for me. I have managed to use them and hit the ball pretty straight but I really can't swing as hard as I would like or I send them off to the right every time. I know a good bit is still me not knowing how to play very well, but when I barrow a really stiff shaft driver or woods, I am able to hit longer and straighter.

The Irons I have been hitting well, but they all seem to hit near the same distance. I really enjoy the 5 and 6 semi hybrids. These are probably my favorite clubs in the set, and I can consistantly hit them well.

The main complaint I have with any of the clubs is that all the shafts that are metal, 5-PW have begun to show rust already. Two years and always kept in the house or garage. The rust really gets on my nerves. I have a 56* wedge that is probably 20 something years old and it has no rust on it at all.

Over all I have improved, though I would say that my improvements are more to me listening to others, improving my swing, and being more patient. The clubs are better than the first set I ever used but by no means are the best I have swung since I purchased the. I still do enjoy them, but as soon as I start to improve past the 100 mark and get to play on a more consistant basis I will be looking for a better set.

To that I still stand by the fact that they are decent set of beginners clubs, though if I knew they would already have rust on the shafts I would have looked else where.

Thank you all for your post, and to those who thought this was just a marketing ploy, well some of the people who posted after me I guess could have been spammers, but my questions were geniune. I appreciate those who responded first, and were very helpful to me in getting me a little more knowledge of the game.

Thank you,
    Gregory T.
    grandall@presby.edu

Quote Originally Posted by grandall1983
    It has been close to 2 years since I started this blog. To all of those who think the conversation was started as a ploy to advertize the MaxFli Fire Clubs, it was not. I started it to ask people who had a great deal more knowledge than I their opinion on the clubs, and just to try and gain any extra knowledge that I could. I will say thank you to all of those who posted at the beginning, and where very helpful. Since then I haven't had much of a chance to play, but I have finally broken the 100 stroke mark.

That being said, I still enjoy the clubs somewhat. The driver, 3 and 5 woods, and the 3 and 4 hybrids all have to much flex in the shafts for me. I have managed to use them and hit the ball pretty straight but I really can't swing as hard as I would like or I send them off to the right every time. I know a good bit is still me not knowing how to play very well, but when I barrow a really stiff shaft driver or woods, I am able to hit longer and straighter.

The Irons I have been hitting well, but they all seem to hit near the same distance. I really enjoy the 5 and 6 semi hybrids. These are probably my favorite clubs in the set, and I can consistantly hit them well.

The main complaint I have with any of the clubs is that all the shafts that are metal, 5-PW have begun to show rust already. Two years and always kept in the house or garage. The rust really gets on my nerves. I have a 56* wedge that is probably 20 something years old and it has no rust on it at all.

Over all I have improved, though I would say that my improvements are more to me listening to others, improving my swing, and being more patient. The clubs are better than the first set I ever used but by no means are the best I have swung since I purchased the. I still do enjoy them, but as soon as I start to improve past the 100 mark and get to play on a more consistant basis I will be looking for a better set.

To that I still stand by the fact that they are decent set of beginners clubs, though if I knew they would already have rust on the shafts I would have looked else where.

Thank you all for your post, and to those who thought this was just a marketing ploy, well some of the people who posted after me I guess could have been spammers, but my questions were geniune. I appreciate those who responded first, and were very helpful to me in getting me a little more knowledge of the game.

Thank you,
    Gregory T.
    grandall@presby.edu
    If all your irons are traveling the same distance I'd say you might have a problem.

I have only been golfing for 3.5 years now still a noob in the golfing world. I use to golf with a used Cougar XL set that was probably worth $60.00 @ walmart that a friend of mines gave to me as a gift. After working on my game for a year I decided to buy a set that wouldn't break the bank because after all im starting out and you should build your bag up slowly. I bought a set of these MAx Fli irons to add to my growing bag of tricks and I have to say that I have had pretty good results with them. I like a lightweight stiff feeling with a little give and thats what these clubs gave me. Not a fan of the # 4 and 5 hybrid clubs that came with it. They have that big back which is suppose to give you a straighter hit but it didn't work for me. All in all I would say just like anything else in life you get what you pay for. As my game gets better I will probably upgrade to a better set of irons but for now Im happy. I'll use these all day long if it helps my game. just make sure you try before you buy! I have seen these priced recently at a golf galaxy nearby for $160.00 comes with a driver and all. Might be too much money maybe not; again if your looking for a great way to break into the sport I recomended them 3 out of 5.

My current set up is a callaway big bertha 10' Ti driver, taylormade r7 draw #5 fairway wood , taylor made 3 wood V-steel , taylor made #4 rescue club, irons 5-9 max fli irons and cheap mini golf putter.

Quote Originally Posted by cmccourt19@gmail.com
    I have only been golfing for 3.5 years now still a noob in the golfing world. I use to golf with a used Cougar XL set that was probably worth $60.00 @ walmart that a friend of mines gave to me as a gift. After working on my game for a year I decided to buy a set that wouldn't break the bank because after all im starting out and you should build your bag up slowly. I bought a set of these MAx Fli irons to add to my growing bag of tricks and I have to say that I have had pretty good results with them. I like a lightweight stiff feeling with a little give and thats what these clubs gave me. Not a fan of the # 4 and 5 hybrid clubs that came with it. They have that big back which is suppose to give you a straighter hit but it didn't work for me. All in all I would say just like anything else in life you get what you pay for. As my game gets better I will probably upgrade to a better set of irons but for now Im happy. I'll use these all day long if it helps my game. just make sure you try before you buy! I have seen these priced recently at a golf galaxy nearby for $160.00 comes with a driver and all. Might be too much money maybe not; again if your looking for a great way to break into the sport I recomended them 3 out of 5.

My current set up is a callaway big bertha 10' Ti driver, taylormade r7 draw #5 fairway wood , taylor made 3 wood V-steel , taylor made #4 rescue club, irons 5-9 max fli irons and cheap mini golf putter.

cmccourt19@gmail.com, there may be some here that think you're a spammer or some sort of douchebag, but I'm glad you found clubs you like. Play well.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by cmccourt19@gmail.com
    I have only been golfing for 3.5 years now still a noob in the golfing world. again if your looking for a great way to break into the sport I recomended them 3 out of 5
    I hear ya, Cumcourt. I have been playing just under 5 years, so I am a noob myself. The Fires got me from the low 130s to the high 120s in what seemed like no time! ( It actually took 2 years but it SEEMED like no time.)
    On a scale of one to ten. One being whack, and ten being da bomb-diggity, I recommend them a fukkin' fourteen!! En Fuego!!!!!!
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

OK, I am a newbie here for one simple reason; I am considering buying these clubs for my wife as a starter set - only way I get to retire to a golf community is if she golfs too, worth the sacrafice IMHO - and due to the lack of web pages referencing these clubs, this forum is prominent in the search results.

SO while it may be odd for folks who "just" bought them searching for information on them - um don;t you get the feedback from a swingin em? :-)

Anyhow, I will likely buy these for my wife tomorrow and take her to the range. Taking my son too, but he has my handmedown set not yet another set of maxfli's!

I will report back and hopefully not be accused of working for maxfli - I'm a computer geek not a skulker.

Thanks to those giving reviews on these clubs - if you actually own them. . .

Quote Originally Posted by JustAGolfer
    OK, I am a newbie here for one simple reason; I am considering buying these clubs for my wife as a starter set - only way I get to retire to a golf community is if she golfs too, worth the sacrafice IMHO - and due to the lack of web pages referencing these clubs, this forum is prominent in the search results.

SO while it may be odd for folks who "just" bought them searching for information on them - um don;t you get the feedback from a swingin em? :-)

Anyhow, I will likely buy these for my wife tomorrow and take her to the range. Taking my son too, but he has my handmedown set not yet another set of maxfli's!

I will report back and hopefully not be accused of working for maxfli - I'm a computer geek not a skulker.

Buy her some Mizuno blades and in 2 months time she will be kicking your arse . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Whatever you do don't tell her it's a starter set. Tell her it's her first and last set. Club ho'ing is for dudes only.

Just make sure to get her a pretty bag, some matching headcovers, and glove. Let her drive the cart and open your beer. That should make her a very happy woman allowing you to retire in your golfers paradise. Oh an I almost forgot the umbrella, color coordinated of course.

I have so far declined to comment on this thread, but this latest round of spamming has convinced me to step up. even someone as great as me couldn't play worth a dime with those pieces of shitt.

alright its been about a year... I couldnt resist posting again for shits and giggles.

I shot 89 with these Maxfli's.

That said, i'm ditching them and I've got a custom set of Mizuno MX-200's in the mail and I'm f*cking stoked. Also have bought some close-out nickent clubs to round out the rest of the bag, and a rossa siena to top it all off. Cant wait.

Its been almost 4 years since I purchased these clubs and started this thread, but I still have them. I don't get to golf but a few times a year, and they are still in good condition.

Every time I come across this thread, I feel the need to leave a little bit more information about the clubs, and I will probably continue to do this until I sell them.

Here are a few pics of the clubs I took today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	2822

Name:	IMG_0056.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	2823

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	2824

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	2825
    GTR

Quote Originally Posted by grandall1983 View Post
    Its been almost 4 years since I purchased these clubs and started this thread, but I still have them. I don't get to golf but a few times a year, and they are still in good condition.

Every time I come across this thread, I feel the need to leave a little bit more information about the clubs, and I will probably continue to do this until I sell them.

I had to go to the Gallery section to view your photos. It seems that only the Select Few like Spank can post pictures that pop up and even move without some fancy schmancy software. I've never seen those Fire clubs in person but they look interesting. Do they have graphite shafts? I had a Wilson driver from the early or mid '90's that had a Firestick graphite shaft. I could not hit it well and traded in on a Top Flite Heat driver, the Trevino signature model, that I hit like skinny little Benjamin Hogan. What a great stick that was. It was a composite head. I gave it to my son after I went Titleist with a 975D and my son played it for years until the composite face was worn enough to start the fibres unravelling. Then I gave him the 975D and then a 983K and he was all set. So the great thing about pictures is that you can see things that only pro's usually know to do with their clubs to make them play better. Like that picture of the wedge with the scuffed up sole. The pro's make sure the soles of their wedges are scuffed up so they go good through the sand. If your wedge soles are still shiny, they will skip off the sand causing you to blade the shot. A definite no-no. Kudos on that sweet set.

Quote Originally Posted by grandall1983 View Post

Man, those are nice clubs. The Maxfli Fire's were a sleeper but the few people smart enough to buy them are obviously reaping the benefits. I wish I had a set like those. I like the way they all match. Plus, with drivers, it's hip to be square.

What a thread.. I nearly cried at the end when the guy came back four years later with the same clubs.. This is a testiment to golf the Internet and mankind...

It's times like this I realize why I keep coming back to this place..

It's a shame there is no dicks sporting goods in the uk, I would like a set of these mystical wands for my rematch with Edgey..

Do they come in lefty?

What a thread.. I nearly cried at the end when the guy came back four years later with the same clubs.. This is a testiment to golf the Internet and mankind...

It's times like this I realize why I keep coming back to this place..

It's a shame there is no dicks sporting goods in the uk, I would like a set of these mystical wands for my rematch with Edgey..

Do they come in lefty?

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    I have some Maxfli A10 Tour limited some of the sweetest clubs I've ever owned, as per Ops suggestion. Thin top line, narrow sole, very little offset, and a joy to hit.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Whatever you do don't tell her it's a starter set. Tell her it's her first and last set. Club ho'ing is for dudes only.
    This is absolutely correct and is exactly what I told my wife when I bought her a full set of Powerbilts just like NAH's. Maybe NAH's wife told him the same thing when he bought his?

Now where the f#ck am I?

I just picked up a full set, for the wifey, at Dick's and paid a cool $100. Some deal. She really likes them and have become her northern set. She also found a NOS ladies Burner driver for $110.

Dick's and Golf Galaxy are one-in-same company now.
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

I have never had the privilege of owning a set of Maxfli Fire clubs but I was once given a sleeve of 6 Maxfli Fire balls. These balls were phenomenal. I gained approx 30-40 yards on my drives and the spin and control around the green was unbelievable. I think I broke 100 nearly every time I put the Maxfli Fire into play.

Sensational balls that outperformed the Titleist Pro V1, Srixon Z Star, Callaway i(s) Tour and Taylormade Penta and at half the price of those other big brand name balls. Unfortunately they were a very exclusive limited edition and are hard to come by now.

Paired with the actual Maxfli Fire Clubs I reckon I might even break 90.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    I have never had the privilege of owning a set of Maxfli Fire clubs but I was once given a sleeve of 6 Maxfli Fire balls. These balls were phenomenal. I gained approx 30-40 yards on my drives and the spin and control around the green was unbelievable. I think I broke 100 nearly every time I put the Maxfli Fire into play.

Sensational balls that outperformed the Titleist Pro V1, Srixon Z Star, Callaway i(s) Tour and Taylormade Penta and at half the price of those other big brand name balls. Unfortunately they were a very exclusive limited edition and are hard to come by now.

Paired with the actual Maxfli Fire Clubs I reckon I might even break 90.
    Last year I found a Maxfli Fire golf ball in one of the fields where I practice. It was pretty worn and looked like it might have spent some months semi-buried in the turf like a mower ran over it but not with the blades nicking it. The little flame logo was still clear so I knew that it was a genuine Fire ball. Anyway, that ball was the longest off both driver and irons in my shag bag. But, alas, it went lost one day when I was hitting in another field right after it had rained for several days. I fear that it plugged in the mud. Oh well, hopefully one of my fellow elderly field-practicers will have found it and discovered The Wonder of Maxfli Fire Balls.

Thread Information