|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Wie?

Question Wie?

what happen to Michelle Wie? did she get lost in the shopping malls with her ten million Nike payout?
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Good question. What does a washed up Nike player do with their spare time and spare millions? Maybe we could ask David Duval.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

It's always funny to me when one of the hoes in Nike's stable crashes and burns. I saw Jason Gore in a Cobra commercial today. Wasn't he a Nike guy at one point? Do we know why he isn't anymore? Sabbatini too for that matter.

Nike got intoxicated with their success picking Tiger Woods early in his career, and has gotten burned several times subsequently by up and coming athletes they paid big bucks, only to have them not pan out to the expectations.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

daveperk Guest
    Can't you imagine all the Nike execs in that meeting room, backslapping, whooping, counting the cash that their new 'female Tiger' was going to bring in?

Her parents and handlers should be shot. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya
    Her parents and handlers should be shot. What a waste.
    come on guys,shes not even 20 yet!! she will be fine.let her have a little fun then she can get to work.when i was in college all i wanted to do was drink and fu## .

i think she will get on tour and be very competitive eventually but only time will tell... i just think its a little early to write her off just yet...

Last I saw, Wie got kinda fat. Freshman 25 it looked like from all the pics I've seen. Not to mention, she's probably getting railed by that Stanford BBall player too much to practice her short game. I heard her putting stroke however has improved significantly
    Last edited by Mward2002; 05-21-2008 at 08:02 AM.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Golf is such a mental game I can't see how she will be able to come back. There are too many skeletons in her closet.

If she pays any attention to her language classes at Stanford, at least she may be able to string together coherent sentences without having to say, "You know" 6 - 8 times per minute......

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Last I saw, Wie got kinda fat. Freshman 25 it looked like from all the pics I've seen. Not to mention, she's probably getting railed by that Stanford BBall player too much to practice her short game. I heard her putting stroke however has improved significantly
    I've never understood why people think Wie is hot. It's not like I have some anti-Asian bias either. I always think of her as the tall, chubby 13 year old. You just know Nike told her parents to get her ass to the gym and tanning bed. Even still, she has zero sex appeal (she is 18 right?), but that probably has more to do with her boring personality.
    Seriously though, Lopez is going to the NBA where he will be railing groupies for the foreseeable future. He'll ditch her the second he signs.
    There is no reason that she shouldn't succeed on the LPGA Tour though. She has undeniable physical skills.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I think she will be competitive on the LPGA eventually, but even if she starts winning there will always be a faction of fans that pull against her and peers that resent her because of how her career started.

I followed her during '06 and '07 LPGA McDonald tournaments at Bulle Rock Maryland, I will there again next month and I am not sure if she is going to play. In 2006 Wie was good at that tournament. Trust me, she can hit 300+ yds with her driver, most of the time 35 yds past Anika's ball. Her short game was not very good, though. In 2007 at the same tournament she came in next to last, her game was very poor, IMO, and injuries did not help. I think she has the talent, but she was pushed too much at young age... I am hoping that she would grow up at Princeton and then back on tour after that. One problem is that she would need to win 1 tournament to build up her confidence , to believe in herself and to make someone believe in her

One thing I read that does make sense is that her game went to sh!t when she hooked up with Leadbetter. He did his usual trick of trying to rebuild what was a pretty good swing, and the results speak for themselves.

As for Nike, I wonder how they feel paying over 10 mil for someone who may never win a tournamnet. That's alot of cabbage for an LPGA player.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker

As for Nike, I wonder how they feel paying over 10 mil for someone who may never win a tournamnet. That's alot of cabbage for an LPGA player.
    http://www.theonion.com/content/news..._to_90_million

My cousin plays in a league at redtail. He meets tuesday nights. Do you know any of the players?

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    We'll see how well Anthony Kim rises up for Nike. As for Wie, it really doesn't matter, because Lorena Ochoa pwns all.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Ubbelieveable. Only in America.

Ubbelieveable. Only in America.
    Uh......you realize that this is a satirical article, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    i was thinking the same thing...

I was thinking that when I watched the weight loss article in the non golf forum. Whilst the article was fairly humorous I thought that it was cutting a bit close to the bone using a woman who was clearly anorexic in the satirical skit.

P.S. NAH is Australian - they're not that bright, he wouldn't have realized the article was satirical.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I was thinking that when I watched the weight loss article in the non golf forum. Whilst the article was fairly humorous I thought that it was cutting a bit close to the bone using a woman who was clearly anorexic in the satirical skit.

P.S. NAH is Australian - they're not that bright, he wouldn't have realized the article was satirical.
    Frankly, I don't know where they found that woman for the anorexia skit. She is obviously the real deal. Perhaps she has decided to fight her problem, and decided that doing the acting would be cathartic. Maybe she just needed the money.....to buy laxatives and exercise equipment.......
    However, to "The Onion" there are NO sacred cows. Anything is fair game, no matter how politically incorrect or potentially offensive. That's what makes it great satire; NOBODY is immune.

Or, as that icon of good taste, refinement, and high class culture, "Larry the Cable Guy" would say, "Now I don't care who you are....THAT was funny!"
    Last edited by dorkman53; 05-23-2008 at 05:32 AM.

Speaking of golf prodigies gone bad, anybody heard anything about Ty Tryon???????
    Driver: Lookin' for one!!!!!!!
    5W: Ping i3 17*---Stiff
    3h: Adams Idea Pro Gold Tour 20*---Stiff
    4-PW: Callaway Big Bertha '06---Uniflex
    GW: Cleveland Niblick 49*
    SW: Callaway Forged 54*
    LW: Callaway Forged 60*
    Putter: MasterGrip 415 CR

Didn't read the article. Just opened it and read the title about something about Nike paying for advertising rights on a horse (which for Nike isn't beyond the realms of possibility) when the boss cruised past and I had to close it down pretty quick. I probably really should read the whole article before making comments in future.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 05-24-2008 at 03:40 AM.

At least we're smart enough to know a good rugby coach when we see one. Who's coaching the All Blacks again?

......to "The Onion" there are NO sacred cows. Anything is fair game, no matter how politically incorrect or potentially offensive. That's what makes it great satire; NOBODY is immune......
    In Australia there are a group of guys like that that have a TV show called 'the chasers war on everything'. They are the bane of prominent politicians and anyone in the public eye. You guys in US may have seen their greatest stunt when they breached security at APEC last year by posing as the Canadian 'secret service motorcade'. They got through 2 checkpoints and to within 100 metres of Bush's hotel. Then an Osama lookalike jumped out of the car and they were all arrested.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 05-24-2008 at 04:08 AM.

In Australia there are a group of guys like that that have a TV show called 'the chasers war on everything'. They are the bane of prominent politicians and anyone in the public eye. You guys in US may have seen their greatest stunt when they breached security at APEC last year by posing as the Canadian 'secret service motorcade'. They got through 2 checkpoints and to within 100 metres of Bush's hotel. Then an Osama lookalike jumped out of the car and they were all arrested.
    That's great.

There was an "Onion" article several years ago about the U.S. Congress demanding to move to a new city to get a new and improved building. It was a spoof on some recent developments with professional sports teams moving from city to city to get a better financial deal and/or stadium. A Chinese reporter saw the story, didn't realize it was satire, and reported it as serious news in mainland China, doubtless with some vitriolic editorial commentary about the evils of capitalism. I suspect he was a bit chagrined when he learned he had been taken, but I wonder if he ever actually got the joke.

There is another satirical website that took in some people.
    http://www.dhmo.org/
    People have taken surveys and have stated that this noxious and dangerous substance should be banned. Reportedly, the upscale Orange County, CA city of Aliso Viejo had an agenda item for the city council to ban "DHMO" before someone realized they had been duped. It would have been interesting if they had passed the resolution and actually tried to ban "dihydrogen monoxide" from their city limits.......

At least we're smart enough to know a good rugby coach when we see one. Who's coaching the All Blacks again?
    Good point!

On that note have NSW decided to reappoint MacKenzie now that he has taken the Waratahs all the way to the final?

On the other hand how do you feel about a Kiwi coaching the Aussies? I know Nick Farr Jones and other former Wallabies have come out saying that they can't imagine a Kiwi coach getting them pumped up to go out and do battle with the All Blacks. Maybe they are still thinking of the amateur era when they played. Maybe in the professional era the best coach is the best regardless of nationality.

P.S. Graham Henry may have f*cked up the RWC Campaign but in their only head to head at S12/14 level Henry's Auckland Blues beat Robbie Deans Crusaders in the 2003 final.

It is going to make this years Bledisloe Cup clashes all the more tantalising. If the Wallaby's win the backlash against Henry over here will be huge. He's already unpopular with his rotation policy and reconditioning program.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Good point!

On that note have NSW decided to reappoint MacKenzie now that he has taken the Waratahs all the way to the final?

On the other hand how do you feel about a Kiwi coaching the Aussies? I know Nick Farr Jones and other former Wallabies have come out saying that they can't imagine a Kiwi coach getting them pumped up to go out and do battle with the All Blacks. Maybe they are still thinking of the amateur era when they played. Maybe in the professional era the best coach is the best regardless of nationality.

P.S. Graham Henry may have f*cked up the RWC Campaign but in their only head to head at S12/14 level Henry's Auckland Blues beat Robbie Deans Crusaders in the 2003 final.

It is going to make this years Bledisloe Cup clashes all the more tantalising. If the Wallaby's win the backlash against Henry over here will be huge. He's already unpopular with his rotation policy and reconditioning program.
    The whole McKenzie episode was a fiasco, but it looks like the CEO is the one who will be getting the arse

As for Deans, I'd rather see him coaching Australia than the All Blacks. The Crusaders have won six times, Deans must be doing something good and the All Blacks made a huge blue not signing him. After the World Cup I thought Henry was gone for sure.

The whole McKenzie episode was a fiasco, but it looks like the CEO is the one who will be getting the arse

As for Deans, I'd rather see him coaching Australia than the All Blacks. The Crusaders have won six times, Deans must be doing something good and the All Blacks made a huge blue not signing him. After the World Cup I thought Henry was gone for sure.
    What's your tip for the final?

The Waratahs are playing well but the Crusaders at home is a pretty tough ask.

Now where the f#ck am I?

What's your tip for the final?

The Waratahs are playing well but the Crusaders at home is a pretty tough ask.
    I've been waiting for the Crusaders to lose but they haven't lost one yet. Their record is phenominal and at home they are hot favourites. I think the Waratahs could win it at home but over there I can't see it unfortunately.

Not that I want to re-start Wie arguments about should she or shouldn't she but....

I think she should be commended for qualifying for the WOMEN'S Open recently. That's still an accomplishment. Hopefully she will start playing better on the LPGA and European Women's Tour, if she continues.

Good for her. That is a good sign that she qualified for the Womens Open. Indicates her game is on the mend. I would like to see her do well.

Thread Information