Practise Routine

just wondering what everybodys practise routine is
    Driver: Titleist D2 8.5 Aldila Vs Proto X Stiff

3 wood: Nike SQ, Aldila NV Stiff

Hybrid: Not In The Bag

Irons: Mizuno MP 67's S300

Wedges: Callaway X Tour Vintage 52*, 56*, Nike Forged 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Steel Rossie 35inch

Try this practice drill......take 3 balls and line them up at an inside out angle and hit the ball in the middle. This drill helps maintain an in to out swing path. The better you get at it move the 2 outside balls closer together. Your ballstriking will increase 10 fold

As a high-capper, I don't really try to give much advice, but this is my first year taking golf seriously and I'm showing definite improvement.
    I usually stretch for a minute or so then hit 3/4 wedges for 10 or so balls. Then I hit 20-30 balls working on whatever I am currently focusing on.(right now its tempo and grip pressure.) I think it's important to not have too many swing thoughts, or objectives at a time. Then I hit 20 or so balls playing "virtual holes" ie. driver/iron/pitch shot etc. Then I save at least 10 balls just to hit free of any thought about technique, just hit'em. Thats when I usually hit them the best and wish I could swing like that on the course. Then I chip and putt.
    Now that I'm hitting more greens or closer to them when I miss, I definitely need to shift towards more short game/ putting.

Quote Originally Posted by strokeguru
    Try this practice drill......take 3 balls and line them up at an inside out angle and hit the ball in the middle. This drill helps maintain an in to out swing path. The better you get at it move the 2 outside balls closer together. Your ballstriking will increase 10 fold
    I'm trying picture how you line the 3 balls up. Please explain further?

Also won't an in to out swing path cause a hook? Don't you want an inside to inside swing path?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    I don't practise. Nor do I practice.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I'm trying picture how you line the 3 balls up. Please explain further?

Also won't an in to out swing path cause a hook? Don't you want an inside to inside swing path?
    Okay.......picture an X choose the line the goes left bottom to right top and hit the ball in the middle. Also an in to out swing path is probably used by more than half the Tour. and if you are hitting hooks this way then you are most deffinetly coming over the top and swinging with your arms. The best way to gain distance aswell is to go down to your local lake or pond and skip some rocks for an hour then go to the Range. The left arm guides the swing and the right had adds the power and speed. Tried and True bubb.. You Know an inside to inside swing causes people to name you Captain Hook. ARRRRGH matey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    I don't practise. Nor do I practice.
    You have never shot triple digits, and you're out there bustin' out 73's. You don't need to practise or practice. and I hate you for it. BTW I bought the Ogio grom, best bag ever. (insert Mom joke of your choice)

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    You have never shot triple digits, and you're out there bustin' out 73's. You don't need to practise or practice. and I hate you for it. BTW I bought the Ogio grom, best bag ever. (insert Mom joke of your choice)
    Yer moms so FAT the horse on her POLO shirt is real...lol jk

Range Rat

Golf King:

As a proud range rat, I vary my visits to the practice range based on what I need to work on. I determine that based on what didn't work on the course. Ideally, I work on one thing immediately after each round, but more often than not, there's no time.

Driving: I focus on fundamentals: grip, alignment, stance, ball height. I place irons on the ground for alignment. With my driver, my biggest problems over the years have been stance (too wide), tempo (too quick on the backswing), and head placement (not behind the ball through the swing). With fairway woods and hybrids, my biggest problem has been hooking. I'll spend 20-30 minutes on that.

Irons: I isolate "long irons" (for me, 4 and 5 are long), middle irons (6-7), and short irons (SW-8). I isolate these groups because my stance varies ever so slightly with each group. I'll spend 10 minutes on fundamentals, not worrying about targets, because my biggest problems with irons have been looking up before impact and using a too-long backswing. Then I'll spend 20-30 minutes hitting targets on the range.

Irons: If my swing is behaving, I sometimes just go to the range and hit targets with a variety of clubs, usually driver, a long iron, a middle iron, and a short iron. I'll spend 20-30 minutes going up and down the line of clubs.

Chipping and Putting: I usually combine chipping with putting in practice sessions.

Chipping: I isolate long chips (SW or 9 iron) and short chips (SW or putter). I'll dump a shag bag by the side of the green, pick at least two targets for variety, and chip for 20-30 minutes.

Putting: I isolate long putts (10 feet or longer) and short putts. My favorite drill for long putts is to select three distances (10-20-30 feet, usually) and hit ten balls from each distance. My goal is to roll each ball to within three feet of the cup. My favorite drill for short putts is to drain 20 straight putts from 5 feet. For reading breaks, I do that clock drill that Mickelson is famous for, and I do the ladder drill to work on speed. I'll spend 30-60 minutes putting. I don't leave the putting green until I have drained 10 straight from 3 feet.

Up and Downs: When I have a tee time scheduled the next day, I like to do up and downs. I'll scatter ten balls in various lies around the putting green and chip and putt each one in two. If I fail to get down in two, the ball goes back to the rough. If I get down in two, the ball goes back to the shag bag.

My practice routines have not changed much for the past five years.

Dan

I go to the range on mondays and the course on tuesdays. I stretch for a couple minutes , hit 10-15 balls with my sand wedge. Then i work my way up through the clubs ending with the driver. I have an imaginary flag i go for with every wedge/iron and just imagine a fairway for the woods/driver. I hit about 10-15 balls with every club (maybe a little more with the driver). Then i go to the putting green and practice putting/chipping/pitching for about 45 minutes-1 hour. I also practice chipping/pitching in my backyard 3-5 times a week.

first i log onto GR and review some important threads: matchplay strategies, anything about flippy putting, review a few aneroxic canuck swing vids and then i'm off.

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Thread Information