|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The "HAMMER" Driver......

I just seen the commerical on golf tv and couldn't help but to laugh. Anybody actually ever hit one? LOL
    -Taylormade R5 dual Type D 9.5* driver w/aldila nv65-s shaft
    -Dunlop loco red 3 wood
    -Knight OC460 5 wood
    -Knight OC460 3 & 4 hybrids
    -Taylormade 360 irons 5-pw
    -Taylormade RAC black 56* sand wedge
    -RAM accubar putter
    -Virginia Tech Detrek bag
    -Taylormade react pro glove
    -Maxfli noodle long & soft balls

daveperk Guest
    saw one for sale in a second hand store for $40 and thought it was too expensive, judging by the quality of the product I examined... shaft was too short for me... didn't seem like anything that would hit the ball any farther than anything else... unless they've got a clubhead with 110% COR or something else that defies the laws of physics.

Dave, you need to take a sick day and stay home and watch 8 hours worth of golf channel infomercials and then you would see why the Hammer is turning the game upsidedown! It's made of Zolex which is like, I don't know, a million times lighter and stronger than titanium, and it's got like bat wing aerodynamics and sh!t!! POOOOWWW!!!

Jack Hamm drinks Brawndo thirst mutilator...

It's what makes the flyover sounds on every tee shot he hits.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

I love the fly-over sound effect.

Here's something fun to do. Make the fly-over sound yourself after everyone of your tee-shots. I find this especially fun when joining a group I don't know.

By the way, don't you now get a free Hammer 3-wood, maybe a 5-wood also... plus I think a smokeless ash-tray and one of those "speak-up" hearing aids when you purchase the Hammer? I think if you order in the next 20 minutes its only $100.

Dicks
    David Dicks,
    Handicap: 11
    In my bag:
    TaylorMade 2007 Burner (Standard Stiff Shaft)
    Callaway 5-PW Fusion WS Irons
    Callaway Big Bertha II 3,5 & 7 FW woods
    Callaway 54 & 60 Wedges
    Odyssey Putter

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by david_dicks
    Here's something fun to do. Make the fly-over sound yourself after everyone of your tee-shots. I find this especially fun when joining a group I don't know.

By the way, don't you now get a free Hammer 3-wood, maybe a 5-wood also... plus I think a smokeless ash-tray and one of those "speak-up" hearing aids when you purchase the Hammer? I think if you order in the next 20 minutes its only $100.

Dicks
    And if you walk into the house carrying your Hammer (doesn't everyone?) you can thump the head twice on the floor and all your lights come on! POW!

Some of the reviews of the hammer on this site are classic.

Reviewed by: glfnt , Shoots in the 80s

Model Reviewed:
    hammer

Summary:
    well i took a chance and bought this club should have spent the 120 bucks on a stripper i would have had better results ive hit and hit with this club i tried screaming boom pow and go like he does and that didnt work i screamed so loud and swung so hard i almost crapped my self people were looking at me like i was crazy 180-210 was all i could get out of this club i finally threw the damn thing in the pond and a carp swam up inspected the club and tossed it back out of the pond evidently the fish have the same perception of this club as i do save your money buy a good brand of club enjoy better results

Hammer has huge sweetspot.

In a test performed by Popular Mechanics a few years ago they put the Hammer, a Liquid Metal, and some other off brand driver up against Titleist, Callaway and Taylormade drivers. Hands down the name brand equipment out performed the off brand equipment. One of the off brand drivers actually shattered after about 20 strikes. Needless to say the Hammer is a hunk of dung on a stick.
    Hi Bore 9.5
    Callaway Steelhead III 3W
    MP-32 3-PW
    MP-R 52, 56, 60
    Never Compromise GM2 Exchange #4

Jack Hamm's drivers

well yes i do know someone who has hit these things.i bought my first hammer driver about 10-11 years ago and it whistled when swinging it lol,but everyone that saw me using it after stopping laughing also wanted one except for the whistling part.after that i bought last year a pro driver wich is more normal looking but has the speed shaft. every single driver i've had from Jack does what it should and amazes people everywhere.granted you have to be able to adapt to any new item, it also helps my swing speed runs about 118mph .both drivers allow me to work the ball in fade or a draw setup with ease.so the moral to the story is that if you wanna go out and spend $200-$400 on each item for your bag more power to ya,but Jack not only builds a quality club be he stands behind them 100%.lets see the big guys do that! i recently been emailing him and now is coming out with the most radical driver yet,its on its way to me and i cant wait to see peoples faces this time round.better yet i think from a engineering point this thing if it stays together might be the hardest hitting driver ever produced. good luck jack
    Last edited by JACKHAMMER; 07-02-2008 at 09:29 PM. Reason: adding picture

Does he scream POW!! to cover up the whistling sound??

Quote Originally Posted by JACKHAMMER
    well yes i do know someone who has hit these things.i bought my first hammer driver about 10-11 years ago and it whistled when swinging it lol,but everyone that saw me using it after stopping laughing also wanted one except for the whistling part.after that i bought last year a pro driver wich is more normal looking but has the speed shaft. every single driver i've had from Jack does what it should and amazes people everywhere.granted you have to be able to adapt to any new item, it also helps my swing speed runs about 118mph .both drivers allow me to work the ball in fade or a draw setup with ease.so the moral to the story is that if you wanna go out and spend $200-$400 on each item for your bag more power to ya,but Jack not only builds a quality club be he stands behind them 100%.lets see the big guys do that! i recently been emailing him and now is coming out with the most radical driver yet,its on its way to me and i cant wait to see peoples faces this time round.better yet i think from a engineering point this thing if it stays together might be the hardest hitting driver ever produced. good luck jack

I am SO buying a "Hammer" now after reading that. As if "POWWWW!!!!" wasn't convincing enough... I'll save money AND get longer...

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

This post made me sick. Tell Jack on his next infomercial to not have feathered 1980's hair and rancid black jeans. It may help his credibility a tiny bit.
    FEA

daveperk Guest
    He screams POW to cover the sound of a hernia rupturing.

The fighter jet sound and POW! help cover up the sound of the 1980's calling him to come back home.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

is the hammer the upside down driver? haha if so that thing looked like a joke, especially the 3-wood!
    My Bag:

Driver- Titleist 907 D1 10.5 YS-6+ S
    3-wood- Titleist 906f2 Diamana S
    Hybrid- Cleveland Halo 2i S
    3-PW Cleveland TA1's X100
    54*- Cleveland 588 TSC Blackshafts
    60*- Cleveland 588 DSG
    Putter- Rife Two Bar Hybrid Belly
    Ball- Pro V1x
    Handicap: +.7

Man...whatever you do...don't buy this piece of garbage...the damn thing snapped in my hand at the grip...

True...this piece of **** actually broke at the grip...true garbage...

Jack not only builds a quality club be he stands behind them 100%.
    How closely will he stand behind them? If I can get him in the nuts on my backswing, I'll buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Dave, you need to take a sick day and stay home and watch 8 hours worth of golf channel infomercials and then you would see why the Hammer is turning the game upsidedown! It's made of Zolex which is like, I don't know, a million times lighter and stronger than titanium, and it's got like bat wing aerodynamics and sh!t!! POOOOWWW!!!

Tooooo true my friend. That's the first time I saw that infomercial too! Have to admit, though, it was cool to see the 90 year old man hit a 750 yard drive, while barely taking a back swing and hitting into the wind. Wish my R7 could do that. :-)

-Collin-
    In the bag:

Nickent 4DX SE 9* (Proforce V2 S)
    Callaway X 3w
    Nike Slingshot 2i Hybrid
    Nike Sumo2 4i Hybrid
    Nickent 3dx Pro Irons Nippon Steel Shafts
    Taylormade RAC TP 52*
    Sonartec T35 56*
    Callaway X-Tour 60* (PM Grind, MD Grooves!)
    Carbite Polar Balanced Putter (Thank you, Big 5)
    Ball: Whatever I found in the creek, or Callaway Pro V1X
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKennyRay
    True...this piece of **** actually broke at the grip...true garbage...
    DrKennyRay,
    It is truly disturbing if you are a practicing doctor of medicine. I figured that the only people who would actually buy into this POW! mentality would be tank top wearing morons (no offense BJ) from Arkansas. Please, do us all a favor and quit your job for the sake of humanity.
    Disappointed and scared,
    HB
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I guess DrKennyRay didn't get the upgraded shaft if it snapped at the grip! LOL

-Collin-
    In the bag:

Nickent 4DX SE 9* (Proforce V2 S)
    Callaway X 3w
    Nike Slingshot 2i Hybrid
    Nike Sumo2 4i Hybrid
    Nickent 3dx Pro Irons Nippon Steel Shafts
    Taylormade RAC TP 52*
    Sonartec T35 56*
    Callaway X-Tour 60* (PM Grind, MD Grooves!)
    Carbite Polar Balanced Putter (Thank you, Big 5)
    Ball: Whatever I found in the creek, or Callaway Pro V1X
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaZX6R
    Tooooo true my friend. That's the first time I saw that infomercial too! Have to admit, though, it was cool to see the 90 year old man hit a 750 yard drive, while barely taking a back swing and hitting into the wind. Wish my R7 could do that. :-)

-Collin-
    I'd settle for 175 yard drives if every time I took it back I'd catch Jack Hammer in the nuts with my backswing.

I probably would need a quality 3 wood.

The club comes with a warning.. If you can't play a 50 yard hook, wear black jeans from the 1980's, and yell POW as you hit it, it'll snap. He must have not read it before opening it :/
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    The club comes with a warning.. If you can't play a 50 yard hook.... it'll snap.
    But if you hit a giant hook and the club snaps off in your hand, isn't that called a Snap Hook?

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    DrKennyRay,
    It is truly disturbing if you are a practicing doctor of medicine. I figured that the only people who would actually buy into this POW! mentality would be tank top wearing morons (no offense BJ) from Arkansas. Please, do us all a favor and quit your job for the sake of humanity.
    Disappointed and scared,
    HB
    None taken, the salvation army took all of our tank tops to mississippi last year.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Forget the BOOM - try the new Hammer-X

This new open body Hammer-X driver I got has actually added distance to my drives, and the real surprise was how much straighter I'm hitting the ball with it. It has this flat shaft and I think it really makes a difference. My slice is 90% gone (mis-hits).

I was very doubtful also until I put the POW-BOOM-BAM aside and gave it a try.

For $99 with the free hybrid (which I really like) I thought "What the heck". If you're like me and my buddies, we spend more on beer. It has definitely been worth it!

This guy's actual website is xfactordirect.com. There are alot of other sites out there, but here I found a phone number and actually talked to the guy from the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolfChef
    This new open body Hammer-X driver I got has actually added distance to my drives, and the real surprise was how much straighter I'm hitting the ball with it. It has this flat shaft and I think it really makes a difference. My slice is 90% gone (mis-hits).

I was very doubtful also until I put the POW-BOOM-BAM aside and gave it a try.

For $99 with the free hybrid (which I really like) I thought "What the heck". If you're like me and my buddies, we spend more on beer. It has definitely been worth it!

This guy's actual website is xfactordirect.com. There are alot of other sites out there, but here I found a phone number and actually talked to the guy from the TV show.
    The site says it adds 30 to 50 yards to every drive. Is that 30 to 50 yards on top of the 30 to 50 yards already picked up from the Zolex Hammer? Just wanted you to clear that up please before I rush to the phone (even though I live in Australia).
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 05-13-2009 at 10:10 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    The site says it adds 30 to 50 yards to every drive. Is that 30 to 50 yards on top of the 30 to 50 yards already picked up from the Zolex Hammer? Just wanted you to clear that up please before I rush to the phone (even though I live in Australia).
    A very pertinent question. I was thinking exactly the same thing. I am poised by the phone awaiting the answer.

Come on MBC - stop keeping us in suspense!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

P.S. MBC,

On behalf of all GR members, thanks for going out of your way creating a login just to tell us all how great the new Hammer X is. With those references to beer you are obviously a genuine golfer who wants to help out his golfing brethren, and not a scumbag spammer trying to hawk online POS crap on unsuspecting golfers. I look forward to your future 'down to earth bloke' type posts, and swapping heartwarming stories on the benefits of anything made by Hammer.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I don't know about all of that, but the guy from TV will talk to you on the phone about it (I think). He spoke to me. And I am not a scratch golfer but I am hitting it further and straighter than my Callaway. I think it is the flat shaft though...

Wha???

I guess I thought I was replying to a question about these Hammer products, and since I had just used one, I thought I would share my experience. Do you have any actual experience with this Hammer-X driver? Why are you so bitter? Contempt prior to investigation? I have not found much that actually helped my golf game. I thought for years that the Callaway Bertha series had, but this club does work for me and is 100's of dollars less than the brands rammed down our throats on PGA golf TV. I also LOVE the Bay Harbor Quarry Course in N. MI.

The flat shaft should be killing your game even more. Tell me how a flat shaft is going to keep the club stable through the swing?

Hammer X is about as useful as his 80 degree wedge.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Hammer-X Driver with Flat X-Shaft

I don't know how it does, but it is...

Maybe it's just reduction of twist?

The clubhead twisting comes more into play during impact, and clubhead design limits that. The shaft shouldn't have any effect on clubhead twisting.

Go take that and another driver to a real launch monitor. I would love to see the looks on the sales reps faces but more importantly I'd like to see the launch monitor stats.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

I would also like to see the Hammer-X on that launch monitor... Just curious?

holy ****, i decided i was only going to post on this site once or twice, but with this thread, I"M IN.

seriously this dude is ridiculous. if his driver was so great why would he sell it so cheaply? basically i compare this to stephon marburry's "starbury" shoes. he was like, i want to make quality shoes for kids who can't afford them, i'll even wear them. he wore them in a practice game and the first quarter ended up spraining his ankle.

HAMMER POW JAM BLAM BOWWWWW
    Nike SQ5000 9.5deg w/Pro Force V2 S-Flex
    Titleist 980f 13deg w/Graffaloy Blue (for long courses)
    Callaway Diable 18deg w/Aldila DVS S-Flex
    Ben Hogan CFT 3h 21deg w/Aldila NVS S-Flex (for most courses)
    Ben Hogan Apex Blades
    Nike SV Tour Wedges 52deg/60deg
    Nike IC 20-10A (like it less everyday)
    Srixon Z-Star/ProV1x/Nike One Black

Starbury thought the Hammer was used for basketball when he was with the Knicks. Full court shots with no jumping motion! *air woosh, jet fly over sound* POW, SWISH!

I saw the Hammer infomercial after watching the late night recap of the European PGA, and had a few beers in me at that time. The ad reminded me of these same sort of dudes who sell Bo Flexes & all of those muscle building protein pills. I once saw an add for the zero bounce wedge too. Total Happy Gilmore stuff right there.
    WitB 2010:

Dr: Titleist 907 D1, YS 6+ s flex
    3W: Cobra S9-1 F, , Aldila DVS HL s flex
    2H: Callaway Heavenwood 17 degree
    3i-pw Titleist 690 CBs, True Temper s300
    gw: Cleveland CG12 52 degree
    sw: Cleveland CG12 58 degree
    Putter: Ping Anser G2i
    Ball: Srixon Z Star/Bridgestone B330S

Other clubs:
    Dr: Callaway FT 5, Aldilia DVS s-flex
    5W: Cleveland Launcher Fuji E270 s flex
    3i - pw Mizuno MP 29, (planning to reshaft at some point).

more importantly what about the wedge with the "reverse grooves" the ones that pop out instead of in? what's their deal.
    Ben Hogan Apex Blades

I don't know anything about marburry/starbury shoes or reverse grooves poppin' out, but I do know that the very inexpensive new Hammer-X Driver is helping my game. Has anyone actually seen this club? I don't think there's an infomercial on it. www.xfactordirect.com says it's new for 2009?

Oh and mine was hand-made right here in the USA, and I actually talked to the designer. Anyone ever ask that guy about those shoes?

is this serious?
    Ben Hogan Apex Blades

Yes , it's serious. Very serious! The Hammer X driver is revolutionizing the game of golf. I heard every PGA tour winner this year is secretly playing a Hammer X driver with a traditional covering on it because of club endorsement contracts and such! Bubba Watson has been using The Hammer for years!

I guess I thought I was replying to a question about these Hammer products, and since I had just used one, I thought I would share my experience. Do you have any actual experience with this Hammer-X driver? Why are you so bitter? Contempt prior to investigation? I .
    Hey Jack "The Spammer" Spamm, I appreciate you reviving this classic thread(Complete with a Spank cameo as Golfer with Shades) and yes, we are all bitter. pow.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

i should have known.
    Ben Hogan Apex Blades

Once again... It's just helped me. You all are much more serious about all the tech stuff. I also use space bags to store stuff. I'm sorry if I've offended you pseudo-professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Low
    i should have known.
    Welcome aboard, GetLow. It's always nice to see a newcomer that seems to get it. Any time you see a post with a link, it's a dead giveaway that the Myrtle Beach Golf Chef is cookin' up some spam. The plus side is that the persistent spammers that get all incredulous when you call them out are usually the funniest.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

He just used psuedo. Edgey? Is that you? You filthy little wanker you...
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

I'm confused, Myrtle. You don't mind if I call you Myrtle, do you? My ex-wifes's great-grandmother was named Myrtle. I didn't meet her until she was completely demented so I'm not sure why I see a connection there.

Anyways, as I was saying, I'm confused. I thought I read a review recently that said the Hammer driver was the worst driver they'd ever tested. The infomercial is so incredibly hokey, it looks as though their target market would have to be people who are borderline retarded or dumber.

I have nothing against retarded people, but are you in fact retarded?
    GR lives...

To paraphrase the drill sergeant on Full Metal Jacket, and I am directing this to the myrtle beach golf short order cook, Jes== H. Chr---. If you have the Hammer I might be able to sell you a pet rock. Cargo pants or a hat that you should get a free bowl of soup with.

I don't know anything about marburry/starbury shoes or reverse grooves poppin' out, but I do know that the very inexpensive new Hammer-X Driver is helping my game. Has anyone actually seen this club? I don't think there's an infomercial on it. www.xfactordirect.com says it's new for 2009?
    Let me guess. You also work for the government and you are here to help us. I am not a real good golfer, but I can drive a ball. When I first took up the game I tried this damn fool driver, apparently all the drugs and booze had not left my system when I made said purchase. Even Prozaced-out this piece of crap could not match my TaylorMade R-310.

Give MyrtleBeach a break !

The poster Myrtlebeach and that guy Jackhammer,seem to just be trying to help with their firsthand information. They have actually used the club and all the crybabies on this forum who are ripping these two guys all admit they are totally ignorant of any firsthand knowledge of the club. So,if I want to rely on anyones opinion ,it would certainly be the ones that have experience and not those who just want to make a joke out of others posts,just to make themselves feel superior.(when obviously they are just plain rude and rather ignorant sounding loud mouths).
    And you don't seem to understand that the club Myrtlebeach is talking about has NEVER had a commercial on TV . It is a new club for 2009 and has never been advertised on the Golf Channel or any other infomercial (nobody yelling boom yet).So those of you comparing it to the old Hammer driver are comparing apples to oranges and sound even more foolish that the guy on the commercial that yells boom every time he hits the ball. Although I bet you wish you had all the trophies Jack Hamm has for winning all those long drive contests.I guess that answers why you are so bitter,just jealous of the guy who has actually acomplished something ,instead of just whining on an internet forum all day and then retreating back to your mother's basement ,where you live. LOL

I don't give a rats ass what year model it is. Anyone who puts out an "infomercial" that cheesy is eternally full of dung.

Who cares what you would do for a rats rear end ? The point is that even a broken clock is right twice a day and that guy who sells the Hammer X driver might just have a good product. You don't know and I don't know but that guy from Myrtle Beach has one and he says it is great. He knows more than your rats rear end ,where your brains seem to reside,,lol.

And just because that guy who sells those Sham Wow's on TV is a weirdo,doesn't mean that they are not an excellent product.Maybe Jack Hamm is just a TV ham and is one of those weird salesman types. But if his X driver works then it works. And until you hit one and see ,your opinion is nothing.

And Myrtle Beach,What other details can you tell us about that Hammer X driver that is working so well for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by TOP_CAT
    instead of just whining on an internet forum all day and then retreating back to your mother's basement ,where you live. LOL
    You joined an internet forum to defend a spammer. Yeah, you're right, we're the losers here.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

And until you hit one and see ,your opinion is nothing.
    Since you are searching for info on this club, I'm assuming you haven't hit the club either. So your opinion is also nothing. Oh, stop beating around the bush and post us a link on how we can learn more about this revolutionary product!
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

No,not at all. I joined this site because I thought you all were being very unfair to the member named MyrtleBeach Golf Chef. I was not defending a spammer (a charge which you have not proven to be true) ,I joined to defend a fellow human being from some jerks with nothing better to do than attack someone over the internet that they don't even know and who would probably kick their butt if they met them face to face (if you ever come out of your Mother's basement ,where you cowards live,LOL.

And now I am going to my profile page and unsubscribe from this hate site. Don't bother to answer my last post because I will never see it . Good riddance to you idiots here. I sugest that you do the same Myrtle Beach,sinmce these jerks don't want to know what you have to say,they just want to remain ignorant. How sad for the little minded and hateful people.
    Goodbye!

I've hit the original POS and it was garbage. I got paired with a guy that had one and after watching me stripe my own driver 70 yards by him all day and right down the middle he begged me to try his awesome "Hammer". The shaft was so whippy it was uncontrollable and I proceeded to lose one of my Pro V1s into the woods!

And now I am going to my profile page and unsubscribe from this hate site. Don't bother to answer my last post because I will never see it . Good riddance to you idiots here. I sugest that you do the same Myrtle Beach,sinmce these jerks don't want to know what you have to say,they just want to remain ignorant. How sad for the little minded and hateful people.
    Goodbye!
    Another satisfied customer!!
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

This thread delivers...POW!!!!

I added the Spider negative bounce wedge most awesome spin rate ever and the Hammer, I am shooting 40 under par.

Zoooooooooooom!
    WitB 2010:

Other clubs:

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutter
    I added the Spider negative bounce wedge most awesome spin rate ever and the Hammer, I am shooting 40 under par.

Zoooooooooooom!
    Taking the biggest divots of your life too!!!!!!

I cant wait to see the Hammer in the Konico-Minolta Bizhub Swing Monitor with full commentary by Peter Costis.
    WitB 2010:

Other clubs:

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutter

Zoooooooooooom!
    Hey!!! I patented the Spider negative bounce wedge and I have not yet released the infomercial. How the hell did you get one? Did Myrtle give it to you when he delivered your Hammer driver? Damn people on this thread do not respect patent law.

Okay this golf club just sounds like the biggist load of crap i have ever seen, if this amazing patented club face design or this "space aged" metal were so great wouldnt titleist or taylormade or eny other name brand company have tested it? if it were so great why isnt there a pro using it? and if hitting a 400 yard drive made your golf better why does jack hamme suck at golf? ide rather spend 2000 bucks on the best name brand clubs money can buy then spend 150 bucks on this piece of scrapyard metal they call a driver, sides a good golf club doesnt need a huge infomercial, good golf clubs sell themselves

We did this on a softball forum that I also belong to, but we took and Easton Hammer, shipped it all over the country, and had players use the bat in actual games, and sign it.
    If anybody has a Hammer that they don't give an ess about we should do this with the golf club too, take video post it on Youtube, while screaming BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Talking Hammer X Informercial

I was browsing through and saw the Hammer X infomercial. I have to say that it was about as funny a program as I've ever seen - "cow bell" soundeffects, Hamm 'powing' after another monster drive. some guy in a lab coat trying to convince us that mass not CC's was the key to long drives ["this driver has no CCs"] and Hamm himself trotting out Einstein's E= MC2 mass-energy equivalance relationship as, somehow, relevant to driving a golf ball. Hilarious!!! A few things might have added some credence to the commerical like identifying the mysterious Z2 metal [in Earth terms versus something from the comic books], length, loft, shaft stifnesses available, etc. Is this possibly a conforming driver? One thing for sure, it would cause some laughs if you trotted this out at your next game. But, you can bet that Lex Luthor is planning to modify one with a Kryptonite insert for his next golf match with Superman.

Ah, ye olde Hammer thread. It's like having a membership to the jelly of the month club. It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year, Clark.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Ah, ye olde Hammer thread. It's like having a membership to the jelly of the month club. It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year, Clark.
    The Killer Bee was a good one too. Who can forget Rocky Thompson (major cheese) and his touting of this amazing club. It must have been like 12 years ago but I went to a Senior Tour event (Raley's Gold Rush) and saw Rocky Thompson on one of the holes. He was wearing polyester and looked to be in a foul mood. I was up near the green and his caddie drove up in the cart and was shaking his head and I heard him say "un-fuc#ing believable, what an arsehole".

Afetr this thread being bumped, I finally got around to seeing what all the fuss is about. I must say I was very impressed. That infomercial was everything everyone said it was. I want a whole set of clubs with zero cc. I also can't wait for steel shaft manufacturers to figure out how to make shafts that cut through the wind like swords. Does this mean that GFF clubs will now truly be made by master samurai sword makers (at least the shafts)?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Afetr this thread being bumped, I finally got around to seeing what all the fuss is about. I must say I was very impressed. That infomercial was everything everyone said it was. I want a whole set of clubs with zero cc. I also can't wait for steel shaft manufacturers to figure out how to make shafts that cut through the wind like swords. Does this mean that GFF clubs will now truly be made by master samurai sword makers (at least the shafts)?
    It means naive investors exist who will provide $ for lunatic dirtbags to make infomercials about ridiculous stuff.
    GR lives...

I spent 60 bucks with a top notch fitter for just over an hour on the Trackman launch monitor. It added about 20 yards to my drive based on how he fit me and to think I could have gotten 10 more yards if I had just bought this freaking Hammer X.

The HAMMER is dead. RIP Jack Hamm.
    FEA

It's Hammer Time

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk View Post
    But if you hit a giant hook and the club snaps off in your hand, isn't that called a Snap Hook?
    Keep taliking sh*^t on "The Hammer", but you will respect it when I hit it way passed your driver. Any Driver!!!!! BOOM, POW!! I work in the golf industry, and have the good fortune to hit every club that comes down the pike. I will buy a new driver when one the "Big Guys" builds a better club!

Quote Originally Posted by agixergod View Post
    Keep taliking sh*^t on "The Hammer", but you will respect it when I hit it way passed your driver. Any Driver!!!!! BOOM, POW!! I work in the golf industry, and have the good fortune to hit every club that comes down the pike. I will buy a new driver when one the "Big Guys" builds a better club!
    How far can you hit it off a mat on an airport runway with little or no wind? I've never hit one but I assume from the scintillating infomercials that a grunt that begins just prior to impact and lasts into the follow-through can give one a percentage clubhead speed increase and, dud to the modern marvel of universal flex shaft striations, results in a good many more yards of carry. If I get up and call in now, can I get the Hammer three wood for no extra cost and the bonus head covers? Four easy installments of $39.95 US, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by agixergod View Post
    So Jack, what have those infomercials being doing for your bank balance lately? By bumping this thread I'd say not so great.

Yes...its a great club...i picked up 12 yards on tee shots...just make sure you tee it up higher than you think for optimal ball flight and roll-out....The roll-out on firm fairways is phenomenol!

Quote Originally Posted by awlswll View Post
    Yes...its a great club...i picked up 12 yards on tee shots...just make sure you tee it up higher than you think for optimal ball flight and roll-out....The roll-out on firm fairways is phenomenol!

If you think the roll-out on firm fairways is phenomenal (you spelled it wrong), you should see the roll-out in a parking lot. I hit it from one end of the Wal-Mart parking lot to the other without ever hitting a large woman in a moo-moo. Believe me, in a Wal-Mart parking lot that's not as easy as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    If you think the roll-out on firm fairways is phenomenal (you spelled it wrong), you should see the roll-out in a parking lot. I hit it from one end of the Wal-Mart parking lot to the other without ever hitting a large woman in a moo-moo. Believe me, in a Wal-Mart parking lot that's not as easy as it sounds.

Gosh...thanks for the spellcheck Poindexter....by the way...the manager from your local Walmart is running a special on moo-moo's this week...if you get out there with your clubs you might actually hit a large woman in a moo-moo this time, with a bag full of clearance moo-moo's you can snag and take home for yourself... you fashionista! Fore!

After playing "at" this wonderful game since I was 12....I'm 66 now....if I've learned one thing it's this: Stick to the tried and true. Those names that have been synonomous with golf like Titleist, Cobra, Callaway, Cleveland, Ping, Wilson Staff, Adams, MacGregor, and so many others, are the ones to stake your game and your money on. Infomercials on "new wonder" products are just so much smoke and mirrors.

Thread Information