|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Blades vs. Cavity Backs: A Tribute

We don't know much about dorkman53, just what we've read from his posts on GR. But I think we can all agree he was a man of wit, grace and integrity. I can remember when I first started posting on GR, dorkman was the first person to welcome me to the forum. His advice was always delivered with respect, humor and impeccable grammar. It's a shame he has left us so soon. Throughout the hundreds of people who have come and gone from our forum, dorkman was a constant source of knowledge and entertainment. I for one will miss him. RIP dorkman. I'm sure you're testing out new cavity backs in heaven, and breaking 80 every time.
    HB
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    We don't know much about dorkman53, just what we've read from his posts on GR. But I think we can all agree he was a man of wit, grace and integrity. I can remember when I first started posting on GR, dorkman was the first person to welcome me to the forum. His advice was always delivered with respect, humor and impeccable grammar. It's a shame he has left us so soon. Throughout the hundreds of people who have come and gone from our forum, dorkman was a constant source of knowledge and entertainment. I for one will miss him. RIP dorkman. I'm sure you're testing out new cavity backs in heaven, and breaking 80 every time.
    HB
    i agree 53 was always there to help out and give his opinion to those who asked... he will be missed...

I so enjoyed D-man's posts on blades v. cavity backs and other topics that would get him going that I was often tempted to flame just to see his response. But out of respect for him I never did. OK maybe once or twice.

We'll miss you, good friend.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    One of the best flaming threads ever on GR. dorkman was usually in the middle of it too. He gave you Mizuno guys hell. Funny stuff. We'll certainly miss his posts.

Seldom right, never in doubt......
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

HB

Well said HB.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I think it would be nice if everyone used the search function and found a good quote from '53.

These two posts show what this man was all about when he was on GR.

“I have heard that some of these "who is lurking in your neighborhood?" sites can be downright inaccurate. I've been told that random law abiding citizens can show up on these sites. On the other hand, I don't show up on any of them, despite my numerous convictions for violent and lascivious crimes against women and children, countless bank robberies, and a few genocides......”

“You bet. It was a killer retort to my intentionally boring and rambling waste of time post on this very trite, mundane thread........
    Next, let's start a fascinating thread about what OEM brands make the best clubs, or have someone start one on why they are slicing with their driver.
    Wait; I've got a better one....Let me post a video of my swing and have people critique it and offer comments.....”
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    I think it would be nice if everyone used the search function and found a good quote from '53.

These two posts show what this man was all about when he was on GR.

“I have heard that some of these "who is lurking in your neighborhood?" sites can be downright inaccurate. I've been told that random law abiding citizens can show up on these sites. On the other hand, I don't show up on any of them, despite my numerous convictions for violent and lascivious crimes against women and children, countless bank robberies, and a few genocides......”

“You bet. It was a killer retort to my intentionally boring and rambling waste of time post on this very trite, mundane thread........
    Next, let's start a fascinating thread about what OEM brands make the best clubs, or have someone start one on why they are slicing with their driver.
    Wait; I've got a better one....Let me post a video of my swing and have people critique it and offer comments.....”

Great idea JS.

I think this whole thread is a gem. Every post by '53 was pure gold. I lmfao the whole way through.

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=10427

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

"I'd just rinse them with water or a bit of soapy water at most. Don't worry about fading color; these aren't works of art. They'll be gone soon enough if you play them with any regularity. (Too much coddling and the balls will become spoiled, ungrateful, and behave badly, especially with anyone else watching!)"
    http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=1575

Classic D'man!

With this post D-Man essentially engineered the Golf in Vietnam thread:

"Some of the best Southeast Asia courses are at Cao Dung, Hor Lik, and the Cok Suk"

But given his kind nature, I think he always felt badly that it resulted in the ban of Teesee, a promising new member. While the forgoing showed he was capable of the kind of crude humor I happen to love, in the following, he tackles dishonesty and starvation in North Korea:

"If I had complete control over the press in my country, I'd tell everybody that I shot an 18 on a par 72 course the first time I played. The game was so easy and boring, I never bothered to play it again, much to the disappointment of any reporters who might have wanted to personally witness such an extraordinary display of golfing prowess".

However, he should realize that since he could so easily win any and all PGA events he might enter, his earnings could obviously buy enough food for thousands of his citizens, and prevent their otherwise inevitable starvation. Thus, his decision not to play professional golf can only be interpreted as selfish, since he is not only depriving the world of an athletic icon of epic proportions, but also preventing his country from reaping the financial fruits of his monumental athletic conquests.

As different as they are in nature, they're both classic D-man.

I think he got a real kick out of flaming flamers.

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=9904

You are also too dense to understand metaphorical language........

Your pedantic literalism suggests an incompletely myelinated cerebral cortex.....

who was the flammer on that... DM53 was locking horns with a GOD... not good in way you look at it.

i do miss drawn out MB vs. CB threads...

perhaps i should add certain bags to my flaming list????

DM53 would definitely appreciate that.....

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I think he got a real kick out of flaming flamers.

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=9904
    That was one of the best flaming threads ever if I do say so myself.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    who was the flammer on that... DM53 was locking horns with a GOD... not good in way you look at it.

i do miss drawn out MB vs. CB threads...

perhaps i should add certain bags to my flaming list????

DM53 would definitely appreciate that.....

Omen
    That was a pretty good dice between Omen and Dorkman. I remember it at the time, but after reading it all again I would say the honours were shared.

The BJ vs Lyle was a good sideline too. BJ had some valid points, but his posts are all null and void as he has since sold his integrity down the sh!tter with his decision to use the Cast POS that he was (quite rightly) denouncing.

P.S. Omen, good idea to start flaming bags. Don't know how they have escaped flaming for so long. Any bag that has a dedicated compartment to hold a ball scoop is GAY!
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

HB
    I will definitely miss him too. Although I don't post here as often as others I do come on fairly regularly to see what the latest topics of discussion are. I noticed DM's posts early on and always found them interesting. He always had great knowledge and advice on equipment issues and some posts were simply witty and entertaining.

As you say HB, so many posters have come and gone even in the last 2-3 years (let alone 7 years) but DM was a constant on GR. It won't be quite the same without him.

Hybrids versus Long Irons could be another tribute thread to the great Dorkman53 and I'm sure he has hybrids replacing the 3 & 4 irons to go with that cavity back set of irons he's testing out in heaven.

Good golfing and rest in peace Dorkman.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Now that the jig is up and DM is alive again, shouldn't we close this thread down and go back to treating him like the SGI cast POS CB shovel playing DB he is
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

i second the motion.

all in favor say, blades

all against say, gaybrid

and the blades have it:

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Thread Information