|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: New Golfer

New Golfer

Just wanted to say hello! I recently picked up golfing at the request of my doctor and am so sorry I waited so long. This is an addicting sport. I am presently taking lessons and really enjoy the whole golf "world"! Also I am not a salesperson or marketing anything! Hell I am still learning how to grip the club. I say this because I attempted to join another golf forum and the minute I asked for some opinions about clubs I was given the cold shoulder. There must be alot of that sales BS on these sites.

I hate the Steelers and their tradition of cheating dating back to the Bradshaw led teams of the 70's.
    Please change your username and come back.
    Welcome aboard.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I can't say that I have ever been a big fan of horseballs so let's call it even. Just the same, thanks for the welcome.

Fair enough. Just bear in mind that I'm going to have a very difficult time not hating your guts.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

So which AFC North team would you call home?

Historically the absolute worst one, and I'm not talking about the new Browns.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

daveperk Guest
    I'll take the Browns over the Bungles and the Stee-roids any day, new OR old. :-)

Well I can tell you that I pulled for Cincy in both SB's and am a big Jim Leclair fan! Pittsburgh has always been my favorite and the steroid stuff is just ammo for fans that hate them. It's too bad they were the "only team" that used them! Watching the Buick right now.

Welcome aboard Steeler.
    I'm fairly new to this forum and golf as well. If you have a good sense of humor (locker room/gutter style), you will enjoy yourself here. Look at some of the old threads and you'll see what to expect when you ask about club opinions. You won't get the cold shoulder, but you might get some smokin' hot flames. All in good fun.
    I pulled for the Steelers when I was growing up. Here in NC, we didn't have a team so everybody just picked one.(most were bandwagon Cowgirls fans. Nowadays I pledge my allegiance to my beloved Carolina Panthers. However, I pulled for the Bengals when my man Jeff Blake was QBing for them for 2/3rds of a season.(He was the QB for East Carolina when I attended, led the Pirates to their best season ever.) Do you remember him Horsey-B?

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Welcome aboard Steeler.
    I'm fairly new to this forum and golf as well. If you have a good sense of humor (locker room/gutter style), you will enjoy yourself here. Look at some of the old threads and you'll see what to expect when you ask about club opinions. You won't get the cold shoulder, but you might get some smokin' hot flames. All in good fun.
    I pulled for the Steelers when I was growing up. Here in NC, we didn't have a team so everybody just picked one.(most were bandwagon Cowgirls fans. Nowadays I pledge my allegiance to my beloved Carolina Panthers. However, I pulled for the Bengals when my man Jeff Blake was QBing for them for 2/3rds of a season.(He was the QB for East Carolina when I attended, led the Pirates to their best season ever.) Do you remember him Horsey-B?
    Of course I remember Shake and Blake. Big Ben attended my alma mater (after my time), but I can't bring myself to root for the Stillers in any way.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Welcome aboard Steeler.
    Thanks for the welcome. I live in Louisiana about 1 hour north of New Orleans and I can tell you that the summers here make you question any outside sport activity. I would guess that both North Carolina and Ohio have much better summer weather for golfing. Are you a member of a country club?

NC is pretty damn hot right now, although I doubt its as bad as Louisiana. When I play golf, it's not the heat, it's the humility.

NC is pretty damn hot right now, although I doubt its as bad as Louisiana. When I play golf, it's not the heat, it's the humility.
    yeah yesterday i was practicing it felt like i was in a sauna... its not as bad here right now as it was right after i got out of school... that stretch where it was like 109*F with 90% humidity that was quite warm...

Thread Information