|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Jim Hardy's One Plane Swing

Okay, so I buy the Jim Hardy book "The Plane Truth for Golfers" and come to find out, I have a 1 plane swing(OPS) I find that 90% of what Hardy teaches about the OPS is what I do already.
    So I think, "Great! I'll learn the other 10% and I'll be a single digit and calling people with GI clubs queer in no time, right?" Wrong. The thing that effed me up with hardy is the same thing that effed me up when I read Ben Hogan's five lessons. Tempo.
    Hardy maintains that if you have a one plane swing, you do not need a pause at the top, no real need for tempo, just swing hard. This was a disaster for me.
    Hogan maintained that once you bump/ turn your left hip your arms are "just along for the ride" and swing "with all your beef" also a disaster for me.
    What am I missing here??

I found Hardy's book extremely confusing and contradictory at times. I tried to read it but couldn't figure out if I was a one planer or two planer as I had elements of both. I think I am closer to a two plane swinger but I gave up on Hardy's book and have no intention of trying to read it again.

But from what I remember about the book Hardy harped on about some key fundamentals of each type of swing and how it was crucial you used the right ones for your swing or things would go pear shape later in the swing, so maybe you should revisit that chapter and make sure you are setting up right for a one plane swing.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Okay, so I buy the Jim Hardy book "The Plane Truth for Golfers" and come to find out, I have a 1 plane swing(OPS) I find that 90% of what Hardy teaches about the OPS is what I do already.
    So I think, "Great! I'll learn the other 10% and I'll be a single digit and calling people with GI clubs queer in no time, right?" Wrong. The thing that effed me up with hardy is the same thing that effed me up when I read Ben Hogan's five lessons. Tempo.
    Hardy maintains that if you have a one plane swing, you do not need a pause at the top, no real need for tempo, just swing hard. This was a disaster for me.
    Hogan maintained that once you bump/ turn your left hip your arms are "just along for the ride" and swing "with all your beef" also a disaster for me.
    What am I missing here??
    Maybe you should burn the book?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information