|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Another Pointless Thread

Kenny Perry 24/25 inside 10 feet I know that includes alot of tap ins but still.....unreal
    Lyle if you read this.....WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO READ MY POINTLESS THREADS? GET OFF MY....
    GFF
    Upon further review GFF is a hack and will retire the players Bag....my new set:

Driver: 907 D2 w/V2 76 stiff
    3 wood: Burner TP Stiff 14.5*
    4-PW: Burner XD (Mizuno soon again)
    Wedges: 52/56 SV Tour black Satin
    Putter: S.C Santa Fe '97 Black Pearl
    Ball: ProV1x, Taylormade, Nike Ones

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    you're right. another pointless thread. kenny perry is a journeyman who sneaks into the weak-fielded tournaments to win some $ & never shows up in the majors.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    you're right. another pointless thread. kenny perry is a journeyman who sneaks into the weak-fielded tournaments to win some $ & never shows up in the majors.
    did you even watch the Memorial... not a weak field...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    did you even watch the Memorial... not a weak field...
    Yes, I watched the Tigerless Memorial.

Hmmm

I must say any field without Tiger is not a strong field. The pros are exactly that, pros. They all have the same skill level. There is not much difference between your average pro and Phil Mickelson (boob size clearly is a difference, as well as putting usually). The pros can all hit fairways and greens on a consistent basis and thats what makes them pros. Whoever has a good putting week, wins the tournament. If Tiger is in the tournament, the rest of the field is at an obvious disadvantage because if he has even an average putting week there is no competition.....
    Upon further review GFF is a hack and will retire the players Bag....my new set:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainFlowForged
    I must say any field without Tiger is not a strong field. The pros are exactly that, pros. They all have the same skill level. There is not much difference between your average pro and Phil Mickelson (boob size clearly is a difference, as well as putting usually). The pros can all hit fairways and greens on a consistent basis and thats what makes them pros. Whoever has a good putting week, wins the tournament. If Tiger is in the tournament, the rest of the field is at an obvious disadvantage because if he has even an average putting week there is no competition.....
    Obviously, the only solution to this problem is simply to cancel the remainder of the events on the PGA tour until Tiger comes back......
    No one would want to win an event marred with the stigma of winning in a "Tigerless event."
    Kenny Perry is having a hot streak in his career right now. I think he will enjoy it, with or without the blessings of anybody on an internet golf discussion board.....
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

duh?

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Obviously, the only solution to this problem is simply to cancel the remainder of the events on the PGA tour until Tiger comes back......
    No one would want to win an event marred with the stigma of winning in a "Tigerless event."
    Kenny Perry is having a hot streak in his career right now. I think he will enjoy it, with or without the blessings of anybody on an internet golf discussion board.....
    Yes......nobody is denying that. Would he even be noticed if Tiger was playing....I dont know....maybe/maybe not? All I am saying is that he would be playing for 2nd place, usually 2nd place finishes go unnoticed.....

Quote Originally Posted by GrainFlowForged
    Yes......nobody is denying that. Would he even be noticed if Tiger was playing....I dont know....maybe/maybe not? All I am saying is that he would be playing for 2nd place, usually 2nd place finishes go unnoticed.....
    You're right. When Tiger is playing, he gets the lion's share of the coverage. Everybody else in the tournament gets bits and pieces only, unless they are in a neck and neck battle for the lead.

Kenny Perry happens to be the 20th ranked golfer in the world right now. I think "journeyman" is a bit harsh for somebody in this "probable Ryder Cup team member" echelon.

http://www.officialworldgolfranking....gs/default.sps

You're right. He's an "old journeyman."

KP is a gutless bully who beats up on journeymen pros. He has become my least favorite player.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    KP is a gutless bully who beats up on journeymen pros. He has become my least favorite player.
    Yeah....and a real hacker. Only >$4 million so far this year. You'd probably teach him a trick or two if you and he played together.
    http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/

I have even worse news. He doesn't play a hybrid, but he plays a wimpy 5 wood. He should be banned from any PGA events.....
    http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...&select2=10228

Didn't Perry chicken out of the US Open because he thought it would be 'too hard' on his back, or some similarly lame excuse. His winning of tournaments is more of an indictment on the substandard (se 'Tigerless') quality of the fields than any great play on his behalf. The reasson he is running scared of the majors is because he is gearing himself up for the old farts tour and doesn't want the psychological damage that goes with shooting 90 around a real championship set up. I'm sure that as soon as he turns 50 he won't be seen on the real tour again as he will be content to feast on the easy pickings of the cart tour.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Didn't Perry chicken out of the US Open because he thought it would be 'too hard' on his back, or some similarly lame excuse. His winning of tournaments is more of an indictment on the substandard (se 'Tigerless') quality of the fields than any great play on his behalf. The reasson he is running scared of the majors is because he is gearing himself up for the old farts tour and doesn't want the psychological damage that goes with shooting 90 around a real championship set up. I'm sure that as soon as he turns 50 he won't be seen on the real tour again as he will be content to feast on the easy pickings of the cart tour.
    Wait....it gets worse. Not only does he not play Mizunos, but he plays Taylormade r7 irons. Imagine even being able to reach a green with those hacker sticks he plays. I'll bet he has made more money playing those clubs this year than even you......

Wait....it gets worse. Not only does he not play Mizunos, but he plays Taylormade r7 irons. Imagine even being able to reach a green with those hacker sticks he plays. I'll bet he has made more money playing those clubs this year than even you......
    Don't worry, those R7's are probably just an intermediary phase between forged clubs he used to use when he could play, and the Adams he will no doubt be playing in about 3 years.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Perry just won another whilst the big biys were away preparing for the Open and, surprise surprise, he has deicided not to go to the Open because of a 'commitment' (chance to win some more easy dollars) in Milwauke.

Dorkman,
    Apologise to BJ and HB for doubting their spot on appraisals of Perry. Perry's show of contempt for the two greatest championships in golf is nothing short of disgraceful.

Don't worry, those R7's are probably just an intermediary phase between forged clubs he used to use when he could play, and the Adams he will no doubt be playing in about 3 years.
    NaH, how can you make fun of Adams if you have one in your bag haha?!
    My Bag:

Driver- Titleist 907 D1 10.5 YS-6+ S
    3-wood- Titleist 906f2 Diamana S
    Hybrid- Cleveland Halo 2i S
    3-PW Cleveland TA1's X100
    54*- Cleveland 588 TSC Blackshafts
    60*- Cleveland 588 DSG
    Putter- Rife Two Bar Hybrid Belly
    Ball- Pro V1x
    Handicap: +.7

Quote Originally Posted by iWILLbeatU64
    NaH, how can you make fun of Adams if you have one in your bag haha?!
    ??????????

Perry just won another whilst the big biys were away preparing for the Open and, surprise surprise, he has deicided not to go to the Open because of a 'commitment' (chance to win some more easy dollars) in Milwauke.

Dorkman,
    Apologise to BJ and HB for doubting their spot on appraisals of Perry. Perry's show of contempt for the two greatest championships in golf is nothing short of disgraceful.

Pretty shrewd business move, IMHO. I just saw something on the Golf Channel that said that Kenny Perry had made $20 million SINCE he turned 40. I strongly doubt that he will lose any sleep worrying about what you think of his decision to bypass a major. He'll be too busy deciding how to invest the money he won (and you didn't win) on the big tour.

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    ??????????
    NaH has an Adam's wedge in his bag look at his sig! He bags on them like they shouldn't be a golf company!
    My Bag:

60*- Cleveland 588 DSG
    Ball- Pro V1x

It never fails to amuse me when amateur golfers display their naivity and ignorance by belittling the players on the Nationwide, LPGA, Champions Tour, and PGA players.

Quote Originally Posted by iWILLbeatU64
    NaH has an Adam's wedge in his bag look at his sig! He bags on them like they shouldn't be a golf company!
    My SW is actually a blade style, but I get your point. If I need to drop a club from the bag to accomodate a 3 wood the Adams will be the obvious choice.

Pretty shrewd business move, IMHO. I just saw something on the Golf Channel that said that Kenny Perry had made $20 million SINCE he turned 40. I strongly doubt that he will lose any sleep worrying about what you think of his decision to bypass a major. He'll be too busy deciding how to invest the money he won (and you didn't win) on the big tour.
    Tiger will enough money from golf to buy and sell about 50 Kenny Perry's before he turns 40 because he is more interested in the history books than about making money. If you are motivated by being the best the financial side of things will take care of themselves.

Tiger will enough money from golf to buy and sell about 50 Kenny Perry's before he turns 40 because he is more interested in the history books than about making money. If you are motivated by being the best the financial side of things will take care of themselves.
    Tiger, Tiger, Tiger.......GET OVER IT! He's out for the year. Golf moves on without him. He's a once in a generation player, perhaps the best ever. But there are still some great players out there. If you can't deal with life without Tiger, simply ignore golf for the rest of the season instead of constantly whining about a win for ANY player on the PGA tour being tainted if Tiger wasn't in the field.

What if he never makes a full recovery? What if he never wins another major on his new knee? Are you going to spend the rest of your life grieving? Grow up!

Yeah....and a real hacker. Only >$4 million so far this year. You'd probably teach him a trick or two if you and he played together.
    http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/

I have even worse news. He doesn't play a hybrid, but he plays a wimpy 5 wood. He should be banned from any PGA events.....
    http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...&select2=10228
    Fact: KP is ducking the high profile, strong field events. Fact: KP is padding his wallet, beating up on these lesser fields. Fact: KP is my new least favorite player.

Dorkman, you should try having a non-mainstream opinion once in awhile. It's liberating.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

who the hell is KP? at first i thought you were talking about Kenny Perry but he's not a golfer?
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    who the hell is KP? at first i thought you were talking about Kenny Perry but he's not a golfer?
    Oh yes he is and he would kill you!!
    My Bag:

60*- Cleveland 588 DSG
    Ball- Pro V1x

Fact: KP is ducking the high profile, strong field events. Fact: KP is padding his wallet, beating up on these lesser fields. Fact: KP is my new least favorite player.

Dorkman, you should try having a non-mainstream opinion once in awhile. It's liberating.
    You mean I should be a knee jerk non-conforming brain dead troller like you and a few of your buddies? No thanks. You are doing an admirable job in that role, and don't need reinforcements.

You mean I should be a knee jerk non-conforming brain dead troller like you and a few of your buddies? No thanks. You are doing an admirable job in that role, and don't need reinforcements.
    You cannot refute my FACTS so you resort to name-calling. I remember a kinder, gentler dorkman. I remember him as a gentleman, not some name-calling name-caller who must resort to petty name-calling. I figured your brush with (internet) death would spark a return to the non-jaded dorkman of yore. Now you merely are a name-calling shell of your former self. We are all saddened.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

You cannot refute my FACTS so you resort to name-calling. I remember a kinder, gentler dorkman. I remember him as a gentleman, not some name-calling name-caller who must resort to petty name-calling. I figured your brush with (internet) death would spark a return to the non-jaded dorkman of yore. Now you merely are a name-calling shell of your former self. We are all saddened.
    Wait; you just called me a name by calling me a name caller.

As far as the description I gave, if the shoe fits......

Frankly, I am very tired of a handfull of loudmothed bullies (there I go again, accurately describing someone) continuing to flame and troll by adamantly insisting that anyone who doesn't agree with you is either stupid, insane, or just plain ignorant. I would like to see a board where people can disagree without the need to insult. Most golf boards are like that. Most people are like that. I won't be intimidated into submission. or acquiesce into accepting someone's opinion, though, simply because they offer that opinion repeatedly, ad infinitum, ad nauseum, with great enthusiasm.

Wait; you just called me a name by calling me a name caller.

As far as the description I gave, if the shoe fits......
    I take it back, though I also did call you a gentleman (which is also name-calling, regardless of context). My FACTS remain thusly undisputed.
    I feel there is a rift in our relationship. We can work through this. I'll understand if you are just picking a fight. We all know I've been there.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

It was great to see that future hall-of-famer Kenny Perry pull out that incredible 3 man playoff in that John Deere Classic (what many consider to be the 6th major!) this past Sunday! That was pure edge of the seat excitement. Those 2 guys he had to beat were living legends, I forgot how many majors had been won between the 2 of them. And both of those guys stuck it in there close on the playoff hole forcing Kenny to birdie!

Awesome stuff!!!!

It was great to see that future hall-of-famer Kenny Perry pull out that incredible 3 man playoff in that John Deere Classic (what many consider to be the 6th major!) this past Sunday! That was pure edge of the seat excitement. Those 2 guys he had to beat were living legends, I forgot how many majors had been won between the 2 of them. And both of those guys stuck it in there close on the playoff hole forcing Kenny to birdie!

Awesome stuff!!!!
    If you can't stand the tour without Tiger, I'd recommend taking up an intense fascination with NASCAR, professional bass fishing, or competitive synchronized swimming.........

Awesome stuff!!!!

this is why i still love having you around bj... this post got my new mac covered with newcastle... but it was worth it....

Omen

... ( did i buy the apple protection plan.........??? )

If you can't stand the tour without Tiger, I'd recommend taking up an intense fascination with NASCAR, professional bass fishing, or competitive synchronized swimming.........
    Who mentioned Tiger? What BJ is so eloquently saying using sarcasm, is that KP is a gutless, money-grubbing coward/bully. It's all right in front of you. No mention of Tiger at all. I'm started to feel I've been overestimating you, dorkman. These are simple analogies, yet you fail to grasp their meaning.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Who mentioned Tiger? What BJ is so eloquently saying using sarcasm, is that KP is a gutless, money-grubbing coward/bully. It's all right in front of you. No mention of Tiger at all. I'm started to feel I've been overestimating you, dorkman. These are simple analogies, yet you fail to grasp their meaning.
    This is a direct quote from NAH:
    "Didn't Perry chicken out of the US Open because he thought it would be 'too hard' on his back, or some similarly lame excuse. His winning of tournaments is more of an indictment on the substandard (se 'Tigerless') quality of the fields than any great play on his behalf. The reasson he is running scared of the majors is because he is gearing himself up for the old farts tour and doesn't want the psychological damage that goes with shooting 90 around a real championship set up. I'm sure that as soon as he turns 50 he won't be seen on the real tour again as he will be content to feast on the easy pickings of the cart tour."

I don't have the time or interest to pay close attention to which troller said what. The "Tigerless field" comment was made on this very thread.

In order to maintain residence in Arkansas you have to view at least 3 NASCAR races per season, state law.

And let me tell you NASCAR has its share of Kenny Perry's too. They don't try to win a race. Oh no, they qualify intentionally in the back of the pack so as to avoid wrecks and actually having to try to pass a better racer. They sit back until 30 laps to go and try to work their way past the weaker drivers that have managed to survive the first 400 miles so they can get a decent finish or a cheap arse win and pocket that cash.

If KP ever retires from golf, I fully expect him to be the next great NASCAR champion of races that finished with only 1 or 2 of the better drivers still in the field.

PS. I love you dorkman. never forget that.

DM who on here goes on ad infinitum, ad nauseum, ad anythingum about anything? why does adherence to truth and obvious facts annoy you? if someone was of the opinion that the earth was flat and i were to persistently insist that it were round would that too annoy you?

now if someone were on here saying that KP was a man's man or a serious golfer who was taking down great tournaments, or god forbid start ranting that ping makes golf clubs then sure you could be upset: because they would have no facts to support this.

BUT HB has presented irrefutable evidence to support his claim that KP is opportunistic and thus is able to rack up a few insignificant wins due to the fact that there's no real strength in the field of the tourneys he is winning. it would be no different if he were to go win the club championship at some muni in the middle of nowhere... not very awe inspiring these wins of late.

Omen

.. Now had he been playing Mizuno's........

Here is exhibit A, Perry's Wikipedia page. Assuming this info is accurate, look at his results in majors. Well, the few times he actually played in them. I rest my case. You can apologize later dman.

Look at that, a second place finish at Valhalla in '96, pretty much his home course. And he gets topped in a playoff by journeyman Mark Brooks. Looks like Kenny only wins playoffs that are handed to him.

The defense rests your honor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Perry
    Last edited by bjdrivers; 07-14-2008 at 02:28 PM.

I find it highly entertaining and amusing that the "blades for me, blades for everyone" contingent is getting so riled up about Kenny Perry winning a few tournaments. What got this entire shouting match started was when I simply said that I thought it was a bit harsh to call Kenny Perry a "journeyman." That is clearly a derogatory term, and would apply to someone who is about 150 on the money list, and one who is rarely in the top 20 in any tournament. However, Kenny Perry had the unbridled audacity to win several tournaments recently, playing in his 40's, and with clubs that are not passed by our blade police on this board.
    Who cares if he chooses not to play in a major or if he does? He has the right to pick and choose; if he chooses to take a pass on a major, why does that make you so angry? If he wanted to play on the Nationwide Tour, would that upset you? He is making buckets of prize money, if you care to worry about FACTS. If he can win playing in weaker fields, that's just effective strategy. It doesn't make him a hacker, and he is still an upper echelon golfer, all protestations to the contrary. Even if Tiger had won some of the tournaments Perry has won, Perry still would have finished second. Tiger, Phil, and all of the better golfers pick and choose the tournaments they wish to enter, based on how they have done on the course, and certainly their chances of winning significant prize money. I even saw Tiger interviewed once, when he spoke about choosing not to enter a particular tournament, because he hadn't done well on that course in the past. Kenny Perry has the right to make pragmatic decisions about his competitiveness in certain tournaments. In another month he will be 48 years old; he has the right to make these decisions without consulting the wisdom of some of the members of this board, like it or not.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 07-14-2008 at 05:19 PM.

I bet any one of these guys that are bagging on Perry would give their left nut to play in just one PGA tournament, much less win 3 out of the last 5 tournaments entered and qualify for they Ryder Cup at the age of 47. They are likely jealous of his abilities/lifestyle/success and resort to trashing him to make themselves feel less inadequate somehow.

Golf was around a LONG time before Tiger and it will be around long after he is gone. We may never see another player of his ability in our lifetime, but a better player will come along eventually.

eh, i'd give my righty, but I'd hang on to lefty. for old time's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolCat
    I bet any one of these guys that are bagging on Perry would give their left nut to play in just one PGA tournament, much less win 3 out of the last 5 tournaments entered and qualify for they Ryder Cup at the age of 47. They are likely jealous of his abilities/lifestyle/success and resort to trashing him to make themselves feel less inadequate somehow.

Golf was around a LONG time before Tiger and it will be around long after he is gone. We may never see another player of his ability in our lifetime, but a better player will come along eventually.
    Sure I'd like to have 20 mil sitting in the bank, but there is no way I'm jealous of a slob like KP. It comes down to integrity. Whether you can get up in the morning and look in the mirror and like the face staring back at you. In Perry's case he has zero integrity when it comes to the traditions of this fine sport. Any player who does not aspire to play in, let alone win, the majors when they have pre qualified, is an absolute disgrace. You talk about giving up left nuts to play in a tournament, there are plenty of PGA tour pro's who would give up both nuts to play in an Open championship. The thought that someone would forgo that experience and privilege, just to play in some half baked two bit tournament in Milwaukee, would be enough to make them want to vomit.

I honestly think that both sides of the Kenny Perry debate are ignoring an important detail that may change some of the minds of the Perry supporters.
    Kenny Perry has a giant, fat pumpkin head that resembles Shrek's.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I honestly think that both sides of the Kenny Perry debate are ignoring an important detail that may change some of the minds of the Perry supporters.
    Kenny Perry has a giant, fat pumpkin head that resembles Shrek's.
    Gee that's an important point I hadn't thought of and that has swayed me. I'm definitely in the anti KP Camp now!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information