|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question Is this a good buy?

Hello am relatively new to golf and was offered a odyssey two-ball white hot 2005 putter for £35. Putting pretty well with it. Is this a good buy?

Heres a link to pic of the putter: http://images.buzzillions.com/images...852151_300.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adamk15
    Hello am relatively new to golf and was offered a odyssey two-ball white hot 2005 putter for £35. Putting pretty well with it. Is this a good buy?

Heres a link to pic of the putter: http://images.buzzillions.com/images...852151_300.jpg
    i could look it up but... whats the conversion to $???

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i could look it up but... whats the conversion to $???
    $70 wot do you think?

$70 wot do you think?
    idk that seems like a decent price but not fantastic... i think that would be about average for that putter...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    idk that seems like a decent price but not fantastic... i think that would be about average for that putter...
    thanks mate

It's not a bad buy in the UK though, everything is so much more expensive over here. The important part though is you are putting well with it.
    Last edited by RichValentine; 07-22-2008 at 11:16 PM.

I would concur with Rich. You guys in the US are spoiled Pingman. What is an average price there in the States would be a sensational price in Australia. And from what I've seen and heard, the UK is even more expensive for golf gear.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I would concur with Rich. You guys in the US are spoiled Pingman. What is an average price there in the States would be a sensational price in Australia. And from what I've seen and heard, the UK is even more expensive for golf gear.
    yep its hella expensive £280 for a titleist d2 (roughly $530)
    Driver: Titleist D2 8.5 Aldila Vs Proto X Stiff

3 wood: Nike SQ, Aldila NV Stiff

Hybrid: Not In The Bag

Irons: Mizuno MP 67's S300

Wedges: Callaway X Tour Vintage 52*, 56*, Nike Forged 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Steel Rossie 35inch

Quote Originally Posted by Golf King
    yep its hella expensive £280 for a titleist d2 (roughly $530)
    Don't know the conversion rate, but those things are $600 plus in Australia. We get ripped off!
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Don't know the conversion rate, but those things are $600 plus in Australia. We get ripped off!
    im guessing thats roughly £340
    damn that price is shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Golf King
    im guessing thats roughly £340
    damn that price is shocking
    With our strong dollar, it's cheaper to buy from US on ebay and pay the extra shipping costs.

With our strong dollar, it's cheaper to buy from US on ebay and pay the extra shipping costs.
    yea
    i dont buy from ebay anymore ever since i bought a fake ping g10 driver

daveperk Guest
    35 POUNDS IS ABOUT 80 dollars, give or take... new 2 balls are going for over 100 so that's a decent price if it's in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    35 POUNDS IS ABOUT 80 dollars, give or take... new 2 balls are going for over 100 so that's a decent price if it's in good condition.
    not the original 2-balls you can find them pretty cheap...

I bought it!

I bought it and first round i holed a twenty footer with a huge break for my birdie, not bad for a 34 handicapper! Lol!

I bought it and first round i holed a twenty footer with a huge break for my birdie, not bad for a 34 handicapper! Lol!
    Mate, if you like and you're confident with it 35 pounds is a steal. Forget the conversion rate. You're paying pounds not USD or AUD. What difference does that make? I assume you're earning pounds so for you that's like $35 bucks (or a night out at the pub) so you've made a good choice.

Good luck with it. I hope you keep making putts with it including plenty more of those 20 footers! The putter is the most important scoring club in the bag so when you find one you like you want to bag it.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

congrats glad you like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Mate, if you like and you're confident with it 35 pounds is a steal. Forget the conversion rate. You're paying pounds not USD or AUD. What difference does that make? I assume you're earning pounds so for you that's like $35 bucks (or a night out at the pub) so you've made a good choice.

Good luck with it. I hope you keep making putts with it including plenty more of those 20 footers! The putter is the most important scoring club in the bag so when you find one you like you want to bag it.
    wise words Kiwi

GK

........ Forget the conversion rate......
    I'm sure you would love to forget the conversion rate, considering the only currencies your lame arse dollar competes with have 'paso' in their name.

I'm sure you would love to forget the conversion rate, considering the only currencies your lame arse dollar competes with have 'paso' in their name.
    You mean as opposed to the MIGHTY Aussie dollar. A bit rich coming from a guy who is always complaining that he can't afford the clubs (MP67's) he wants.

On the contrary the NZD has been soaring, up to 85c against the USD and over 90 cents against the AUD. I'm happy to say it has come down recently which we needed as the high dollar was killing our export sector. Not that I'd expect a half wit JAFA like yourself to understand basic economics.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You mean as opposed to the MIGHTY Aussie dollar. A bit rich coming from a guy who is always complaining that he can't afford the clubs (MP67's) he wants.

On the contrary the NZD has been soaring, up to 85c against the USD and over 90 cents against the AUD. I'm happy to say it has come down recently which we needed as the high dollar was killing our export sector. Not that I'd expect a half wit JAFA like yourself to understand basic economics.
    We are up around 95cents top the USD and going higher. Maybe the USD may have change its name to American Paso

As for economics, I hope your treasurer has more brains than whoever the guy in charge of your rugby team is. Keeping a guy on as head coach after leading the most talented team in the world to a quarter final loss at the World Cup, ahead of a guy who has coached his provincial team to six (or is it 7 now) super 14 titles is mind boggling. Hopefully Australia will win this weekend with Deans at the helm to add insult to injury.

We are up around 95cents top the USD and going higher. Maybe the USD may have change its name to American Paso

As for economics, I hope your treasurer has more brains than whoever the guy in charge of your rugby team is. Keeping a guy on as head coach after leading the most talented team in the world to a quarter final loss at the World Cup, ahead of a guy who has coached his provincial team to six (or is it 7 now) super 14 titles is mind boggling. Hopefully Australia will win this weekend with Deans at the helm to add insult to injury.
    Well we'll soon see won't we. Deans wasn't in charge for all of those wins. The current backs coach Wayne Smith was in charge for the threepeat between 1998 -2000. But we didn't want Deans because he's still a sheep shagger from that small insular, isolated enclave of Canterbury. The rest of NZ has moved on. But I can see how Dingo-Deans would fit right in across the ditch.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information