|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The new Mizuno Mp-62's

Beat away at the new Mizzy shovels.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mp62_resize.JPG 
Views:	2917 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	2088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mp622_resize.JPG 
Views:	2831 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	2089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mp623_resize.JPG 
Views:	2806 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	2090  

Isn't that just a shiny MP-30? If they are going to rehash old sh!t and call it new, I'd rather they bring back the MP-33's and call them MP-63's.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

These have a wider sole and a deeper cavity, a true players shovel.

What type of player are these geared toward? Really talented high handicappers?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

MP-62's

Those look sweet. Yes, they are geared towards really talented High Handicappers that need more workability out of their irons.
    Upon further review GFF is a hack and will retire the players Bag....my new set:

Driver: 907 D2 w/V2 76 stiff
    3 wood: Burner TP Stiff 14.5*
    4-PW: Burner XD (Mizuno soon again)
    Wedges: 52/56 SV Tour black Satin
    Putter: S.C Santa Fe '97 Black Pearl
    Ball: ProV1x, Taylormade, Nike Ones

Meh, like the 60's I just bought more.

Thread Closed.

JS
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Maybe they wanted something that competed with the AP2 POS CB paddles, but would still kick hand their over priced acushnet arses to them.

I think they are definitely a rehash of the MP30. I won't be buying them any time soon.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

they look alot like my ben hogan apex plus for sure...........

Everyone is saying they are just MP-30's knock offs but how to they compare to the MP-60 and MP-57?

Have they discontinued the 60's?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I think the 60's were replaced by the MP57's but not sure.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

think these replace the 60's and 32's.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Why on earth would they do away with the 60s and 32's? Aren't those their best sellers?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Another thread Hijack!!!
    Kind of on topic. Speaking of new clubs. I just saw the new Wilson-Staff wedges that Padraig won the open with. They look pretty sweet to me. Lyle, what do you know about these?
    http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2008...-staff-tw.html
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

They do look a lot like my 30s, although I prefer the look of my 30s over these.
    "Starting my addiction"

Driver: Nike Sumo 460cc 9.5
    Woods: Cobra Baffler DWS 3/20
    Irons: Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
    Wedges: Mizuno Tour Style 54-09
    Putter: Bettinardi Hawk for Ben Hogan

These wil be the replacement for the 60's. They have a hair less offset from what I can tell, a wider sole, more weight positioned low, and a deeper cavity. These really are no longer what I would consider a "players" cavity. High swing players will imo hit these too high.

The topline looks a bit thicker than I would have expected for a typical "player's cavity" club. Maybe they are trying for a market segment between the MP 60's and the MX-25's.

Who knows, though? I've seen plenty of clubs come out that either were panned or raved about before anybody had even hit them. When the reality of a demo was imposed on the situation, people ended up with an entirely different opinion vs. their initial sight only impression based on photos on the internet.

Let's keep an open mind......at least until one of the "blades only" people has given us our thought control marching orders......
    Last edited by dorkman53; 08-09-2008 at 04:00 AM.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I am a bit confused (this should come as no shock to some) about the MP 52's vs. MP 62's. have heard about and seen pictures of both. They look quite a lot alike, Are they the same club that has been called one thing in preliminary info and the model name then changed to the 52, or are they two distinct models? The picture Lyle posted of the 62 looks a lot like the new teaser for the 52 on the Mizuno website.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    The topline looks a bit thicker than I would have expected for a typical "player's cavity" club. Maybe they are trying for a
    I thought that's what the MP-57's were for?

These babies look sweet as all the MP range do I just wonder where they fit in relative to other/previous models. If what you are suggesting is correct they seem to have gone from the 'forgiving' (compared to a blade) MP-60 to the 'more forgiving' MP-57 to the 'even more forgiving MP-62'.

The market segment between the MP 60's and the MX-25's is a good one to target though. The MX-25 is a little too GI looking IMO but the MP-60 is not that easy to hit. Something in between could be a winner for Mizuno in terms of sales/marketing to average golfers.

Now where the f#ck am I?

MP-62s are MP32s upgrade

Check out this thread on another site, including pics:

http://pinoygolfer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4563

Note also that MP62s are supposedly upgrades of the successful MP32s .

I'm with HB on this one... screw the shovels bring out another blade...
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Dorkman asks if the MP 52 and MP 62 are the same - no they are not - the 52 is larger and has a pocket cavity in the 3-7 irons to provide a bit of forgiveness. I have had the MP 57 and currently play the 52, which I find no more forgiving. I am going to change to the 62 as soon as I can. Visit the mizuno web site for more info on these sticks.

Driver - Taylormade R9 09, 9.5 Degree
    3 - Wood Tour Edge Exotics Ti
    Irons 3 to PW - Mizuno MP52
    Wedges - 53,56,60 Mizuno MP T Series
    Putter - Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II
    Ball(s) Srixon AD333, Titleist NXT Tour, TM TP Red

Quote Originally Posted by mizunohacker
    Dorkman asks if the MP 52 and MP 62 are the same - no they are not - the 52 is larger and has a pocket cavity in the 3-7 irons to provide a bit of forgiveness. I have had the MP 57 and currently play the 52, which I find no more forgiving. I am going to change to the 62 as soon as I can. Visit the mizuno web site for more info on these sticks.

Driver - Taylormade R9 09, 9.5 Degree
    3 - Wood Tour Edge Exotics Ti
    Irons 3 to PW - Mizuno MP52
    Wedges - 53,56,60 Mizuno MP T Series
    Putter - Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II
    Ball(s) Srixon AD333, Titleist NXT Tour, TM TP Red
    Note that all of the prior comments on this thread were made 1 YEAR AGO!!
    This thread is pretty dusty by now.

I've hit all 4 of the latest MP series by Mizuno. The MP 62 was an absolute dog, in my opinion. It was dull feeling and lifeless; very much like the older MP 30 series. The MP 67's felt great on a well struck shot, but were harsh and unforgiving on anything else. The MP 57 was my favorite; a true "player's cavity back" with a smooth Mizuno-like feel but it provided reasonable forgiveness. The MP 52 was very smooth feeling for its design. It is a morph between the older MX 23/MX 25's and a true player's cavity back.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Maybe they wanted something that competed with the AP2 POS CB paddles, but would still kick hand their over priced acushnet arses to them.
    LOL

I'm not sure anyone who's playing Wilson Deep Red irons should get too snooty about any other irons...

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    LOL

I'm not sure anyone who's playing Wilson Deep Red irons should get too snooty about any other irons...

But my irons are aimed at hackers like me, and I've never tried to get away form that. Unlike the AP2 which is supposed to be their top players iron even though it is a massive offset, oversized, chunky, POS hackers paddles. The Wilson Pi7s would blow the AP2 out of the water as far as players cavity irons go.

I currently have three sets of Mizuno irons: The MP-52s, MP-67s, and MP-33s. I am playing a combination of MP-67s 6 iron through PW and MP-33s 5 iron through 3 iron. I hit the blades as well as I do the MP-52s, but I like the feel of the blades better and they give me a more piercing ball trajectory. The MP-52s are only a "little" more forgiving.

I have not tried the 62s.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    when it comes to mizuno, there is the mp-33. period. everything else in their lineup is a mass-produced chinese sweatshop overstocked POS.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

mp68 is coming.. check this out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f35f181cdd1372e6f3ac239ef10d2cdc408f59bc27213253166b6881fdc3047e9427cc74fbdf3f5cbf373a20221.jpg 
Views:	9473 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	2178  
    Last edited by No_Idea; 08-16-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    when it comes to mizuno, there is the mp-33. period. everything else in their lineup is a mass-produced chinese sweatshop overstocked POS.

I agree, BJ, the MP-33s are nice and I will play the complete set sometimes in rounds. The 67s sure nice to hit though and I have combined them with the MP-33s because the lower irons in my 33 set have the chrome wore off the inside of the iron on the sweet spot (I'd like to say it was because of my hitting, but I actually bought them that way off Ebay).

I will admit this now: Although the graphite shafts of my 52s will stand up to the consistency of the metal shafts in my other sets, they do not have the feel. The DG-S300 shafts in my MP-33s and MP-67s have great feel.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Idea
    mp68 is coming.. check this out !

That looks more like the MP-33s. Where did you find the info on those and when are they suppose to be out?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    That looks more like the MP-33s. Where did you find the info on those and when are they suppose to be out?
    Nevermind, I found some stuff on them.

What I like about this news is that it will make the 67s go down in price and I can by a new complete set of 67s at a good price . . . . .

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    But my irons are aimed at hackers like me, and I've never tried to get away form that. Unlike the AP2 which is supposed to be their top players iron even though it is a massive offset, oversized, chunky, POS hackers paddles. The Wilson Pi7s would blow the AP2 out of the water as far as players cavity irons go.
    Ummm...

The AP2s have almost no offset. They're not very much oversized, and definitely not "chunky".

One of the reasons I like them is that they look very clean and compact.

And if you're irons are aimed at "hackers like [you]", why is your id "Not a hacker"?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    Ummm...

The AP2s have almost no offset. They're not very much oversized, and definitely not "chunky".

One of the reasons I like them is that they look very clean and compact.

And if you're irons are aimed at "hackers like [you]", why is your id "Not a hacker"?

I'm actually a genuine 10 cap with one score of 77 on a championship par 72 this year, so I'm not a hacker. But I'm my own harshest critic so I refer to myself as a hacker from time to time. And relative to a real golfer I am defnitely a chopper.

I have had th MP57, then the MP52 and now have the MP62. I found the 57's great and only changed due to the release of "newer" models.

I was advised to go the 52 route due to their more forgiving nature, but I could never get used to their undercut cavity which I thought was quite ugly.

I then changed to the 62's which I find to be only slightly more difficult to use than the 52's and they look a whole lot better, the feed back that I get on off centre hits is definitely better than both the 57 and 52 and I find that I can shape the ball better.

I must say that I love the looks of the 68, can anyone tell me how much more difficult they are to hit in comparison to the 62's?

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Note that all of the prior comments on this thread were made 1 YEAR AGO!!
    This thread is pretty dusty by now.

I've hit all 4 of the latest MP series by Mizuno. The MP 62 was an absolute dog, in my opinion. It was dull feeling and lifeless; very much like the older MP 30 series. The MP 67's felt great on a well struck shot, but were harsh and unforgiving on anything else. The MP 57 was my favorite; a true "player's cavity back" with a smooth Mizuno-like feel but it provided reasonable forgiveness. The MP 52 was very smooth feeling for its design. It is a morph between the older MX 23/MX 25's and a true player's cavity back.
    The mx 23 always felt nice to me as well. In the colder weather we have now, played 18 yesteday 49 -50 degrees I played the mx 23s on the back nine and played a little better. I played the mp 37s on the front nine, god these clubs feel great. I,ve owned the mp 32s ,60, 57. I demoed the mp52 and now carry either the mx23 or mp37s. They just feel better than Mizunos later offerings. I have not hit any 58 or 68s yet
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG
    Beat away at the new Mizzy shovels.

The MP 62 has been out for quite some time now. Why is everyone acting like this is a brand new iron? I've put both the MP 62 and MP 57 side by side to see the difference. The main difference is the cavity in the 57 is more pronounced than in the 62.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    The MP 62 has been out for quite some time now. Why is everyone acting like this is a brand new iron? I've put both the MP 62 and MP 57 side by side to see the difference. The main difference is the cavity in the 57 is more pronounced than in the 62.
    FD, This thread is over a year old buddy......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by noshuz
    FD, This thread is over a year old buddy......
    Now I am truly laughing out loud. I guess I should read the date.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Now I am truly laughing out loud. I guess I should read the date.
    FLASH!! Japanese launch sneak attack on Pearl Harbor!

Hey 12 Sandwich, Pity about your weather, it is around 28 degrees here at the moment (East London, South Afriica) Are you watchnig th Million Dollar? Sun City is awesome!!

Despite other comments, I think that the MP62 is a great stick, but I still want to try the 68's.

Driver - TM R9 09, 3W Tour Edge Exotics, 3-PW Mizuno MP 62, Wedges 53,56 and 60 Mizuno MPT Series. Ball NXT Tour, PV1x or AD333

omeeaio aand t

I find the comments in this thread interesting. You call the MP-30 a dog but I have the MP-30 in the 3-5 irons and think it is a great iron. It has a lovely pure, soft feel IMO. It feels fantastic on well struck shots and lets you know when you haven't hit the sweet spot but it isn't too punishing. I have the MP-33's in the 6-PW and they feel very different to the MP-30 but are no harder to hit and not really any more punishing. IMO the MP-30's actually feel softer and I would be curious to play the MP-30 in the 6-PW as I love the 3-5 irons.

Looking at the modern Mizzy lineup, if I were to replace my current setup with the shiny new models I guess I would be looking at the MP-62 3-5, and MP-68 6-PW.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I don't know about the 30's but I've demoed the 62's. there wasn't any love there for me. Many other clubs with the same style with better performance in my opinion but hey everyone has their own opinions.

From what I've heard the MP30s are sweet clubs, but the sweet spot is very small, particularly for a CB. I think most of the bad PR the MP30s got was from guys who have trouble finding the sweet spot regularly. I had the TZOID Pro IIs which were the predecessors to the MP30s, and they had the sweetest feeling sweet spot of any iron I've ever hit so I'd imagine the MP30s feel as good as any blade out of the middle.

Thread Information