|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I Hit the ball to High with my new irons. Which kind of Clubs rec?

Hi i just purchased a set of Ping G10 and i have noticed i hit the ball shorter but higher. I replaced my first set of Adams Tight lies irons which i hit further. I have 60 days left to try a new set of clubs out before i am stuck. Let me know what you think.... thanks.

daveperk Guest
    recomment stiffer shaft/less loft. Wilson Staff Ci7 and Pi7 have strong lofts, Adams Idea Pro likewise, and the Adams comes with that Black Gold shaft from TT... for me, in Stiff, that shaft gives me the medium-low flight I've always wanted from irons. Good spin but not baloonish. Comes in low but will stop.

I used to play Zings and they were plenty long. Not sure what the shaft is in the G10 these days, but a too soft shaft will definitely hit it high and short.

Quote Originally Posted by jrio
    Hi i just purchased a set of Ping G10 and i have noticed i hit the ball shorter but higher. I replaced my first set of Adams Tight lies irons which i hit further. I have 60 days left to try a new set of clubs out before i am stuck. Let me know what you think.... thanks.
    Hi

Having had Raptures i would say that the modern pings and their shafts are designed to hit a very high ball. The new Ping shaft is specially designed for that. I suspect ping realise their core market is the mid handicapper/game improver and design their equipment accordingly.

I think the advice you had earlier is right. Either look at stiffer shafts or think of clubs that promote a lower flight. It may be time to go back to the drawing board if you are tnat unhappy with the ball flight.

Hell if worse comes to worse do an Omen get some blades with triple X stiff shafts never get the ball more than 6 inches in the air, shoot 110 gross but convince yourself your playing "real" mans golf ;-)

Regards

Edgey (Anti Omen)
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

high ball flight could be the result of a steep angle into the ball... if that's not it then you are ready for the GFF MB transition.

get ready to play your best golf....

ignore the naysayers like the euroqu.eer above, he's mad because i keep turning him down.

when you get blades you know that all of your good shots are the result of your dedication to improving and not some perimeter weighting compensating.

You see anytime you put a hybrid or a CB SGI POS in the bag your compensating, for the majority on here its their lack of a penis. edgey usually has one in his mouth or dark star but not attached between his legs.

i would suggest you get mizuno but titleist also makes a great mb. there are several top level components out there that make superb blades. just let me know and i'll go ahead and take some preliminary data about your swing and have you fitted with real golf clubs in no time

Omen, helping golfers improve
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by edgey

Hell if worse comes to worse do an Omen get some blades with triple X stiff shafts never get the ball more than 6 inches in the air, shoot 110 gross but convince yourself your playing "real" mans golf
    LOL - Classic!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

daveperk Guest
    "dark star"... heh...

Geoffrey Chaucer in the 14th century called it 'the nether eye'.... beware the one eyed bearded one, for his breath is truly dreadful...

:-)

Sounds like you picked the wrong shaft, bud.

Did you have the AWT shaft's put in?

Did you get CUSTOM FIT?

Go to a golf shop and demo the G10's in different shafts.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Wrong Shaft I think you are right

I went out to the range and tried out a set of Mizuno MX-25 stiff. All I can say is they are great. I felt the difference right away. I hit the ball further and more accurately. So I switched over from Ping G10 to the Mx-25. First round i shot a 90.

Thread Information