|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: suggestions

suggestions

Hello, im a mid handicap golfer and im looking into getting some new irons. I'm going to get fitted this weekend, and im looking for some suggestions on irons I should hit.

I'm looking for a combination of forgivness and workability. Basically something I can grow with and keep around for a while. I know im not ready for blades, but any suggestions are welcome. Even older models.

Quote Originally Posted by m191
    Hello, im a mid handicap golfer and im looking into getting some new irons. I'm going to get fitted this weekend, and im looking for some suggestions on irons I should hit.

I'm looking for a combination of forgivness and workability. Basically something I can grow with and keep around for a while. I know im not ready for blades, but any suggestions are welcome. Even older models.

Hi

I will give you my view on the irons i have owned up to now

Ping raptures - Lovely irons but a little to much offset and a little clunky. But very forgiveing and easy to hit.

Titleist AP1 - MyCurrent irons. Lovely feel, great shafts (True temper High launch) and they look fab. Cant recommend them enough.

My advice to you is to try as many types as you can, but on a range if possible as these computers just dont replicate real hitting conditions.

Dont be overly swayed by the shop on choice, go with your own instinct and dont rush. One of the great joys is trying as many as you can

Good luck

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Welcome aboard m191!
    Keep in mind that this forum is for entertainment purposes only and actual useful information is rarely given. Occasionally, a guy named LyleG, an angry Canadian, who knows virtually everything about golf clubs (seriously, he's a professional club-maker.) will give some credible information. He will then call you an idiot for not knowing the answer and/or asking such a stupid question in the first place.
    Warning!!! You will be called a h0m0 by many here if you don't buy forged blades made in Japan. You will be called a poseur "tour pro wanna-be" by others if you get blades.
    Clubs I have hit and like that are geared toward the mid handicapper: The Ping i10, the Mizuno MX-25's and (my personal favorite) the Titleist AP2's.They are all good sticks. Go hit them all though. I'm in the market myself and I'm leaning toward a clubmaker building me a custom set (Probably KZG's) Again welcome to GR and if you have a sense of humor and some thick skin, you might just like it here.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

welcome to the board. picking irons is a lot like picking women... to each his own.

one great thing about sticks is that you can try them all without getting your car spraypainted or bashed in.

edwin watts down here will actually let you take them out to a course and play a round with them before you buy. of course they keep a credit card in case you dont return or they come back damaged.

so i would recommend looking for a shop that may offer this or maybe a real range and demo everything: BUT DEMO MIZUNO'S LAST because its the ones you will end up buying and you might as well feel what crap feels like that way you can appreciate GOLD.

WELCOME ABOARD

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Thread Information