|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Ryder Cup Update: Kenny Perry's Tired.

I heard during last weekend's PGA telecast and again today that Kenny Perry is really, really, really tired. My prayers are with him and his family.

Well, I get tired sometimes, too. Why don't I get any publicity on the Golf Channel? It hardly seems fair......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

No, they weren't saying he was just kind of tired like maybe you or I get sometimes. Apparently he's really exhausted. It sounds like unless you're a pro golfer you can't get as tired as he is. He's not sure he'll be at full strength for the RC. This year he overloaded his schedule and was playing 2 out of every 3 weeks! Fortunately he'll have three and a half months to rest when the season ends. I sure hope he'll be ready for next year.

You know, I was one of those that criticized him for skipping the tournaments with strong fields and just beating up on the weaker ones. Well, it wasn't as though he was playing LPGA events. All of the tournaments had fields comprised completely of men. Except maybe the Michelle Wie one, although I think he ducked her too.

But think of how exhausted he'd be if he played in the tough events, like majors. I'm getting exhausted just thinking about it.

daveperk Guest
    Kenny Perry is my age. I'm tired too. Pray for me, and send vitamins.

I only play golf about twice a week. He plays at least FOUR TIMES each tournament week. That is brutal, especially when it's above 80 deg F. Exhausting.

This exhaustion, by the way, explains his peculiar putting stance. He spreads his feet and locks his knees, like a sleeping horse, because he can barely stay upright.

Not being on the tour I can't relate to Kenny Perry. But I've been around some charitable women recently, and I can tell you I'm freaking exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Not being on the tour I can't relate to Kenny Perry. But I've been around some charitable women recently, and I can tell you I'm freaking exhausted.
    Kenny Perry is currently one stroke off the lead at the BMW after one round. Apparently, he wasn't entertained by the same women.....
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

daveperk Guest
    Charitable is the right word, Lorenzo. :-))

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    Charitable is the right word, Lorenzo. :-))
    Yes. The other word that applies starts with 'h'. Without those two things I'm S.O.L.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Kenny Perry is currently one stroke off the lead at the BMW after one round. Apparently, he wasn't entertained by the same women.....
    If he was, I just hope it was after me. It would explain the putting stance Dave described.

daveperk Guest
    Yes. The other word that applies starts with 'h'. Without those two things I'm S.O.L.
    me too... only the second word that applies for me is 'blind'.

Poor Kenny,

The mental strain of playing in events that actually have top golfers in them has obviously taken it's toll on his fragile psyche (apparently all those stories we heard when we were young about bullies going to water if you stand up to them were true). But on the flip side he hasn't been playing weekends lately so what's the big deal?

I like his fighting comments about the RC too (if that was a real quote and not a lorenzo embellishment). Nothing like trying to cover your arse with lame excuses for losing before a ball has even been hit. No wonder Kenny is so popular on forums around the golf world.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    It's on in 5 days guys! I'm getting excited to watch Kenny Perry hit his 40 yard draws all day.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    It's on in 5 days guys! I'm getting excited to watch Kenny Perry hit his 40 yard draws all day.
    I wonder if Zinger will get in the ear of the super and tell him to widen the fairways and shorten the rough on the left side of the course?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I'm gonna bump this thread because, in all due respect to Edgey, I think it's title qualifies it as the Official Ryder Cup Thread.

And let's get some final score predictions.

BJ has already predicted Euros by 1.5.

daveperk Guest
    I'm gonna bump this thread because, in all due respect to Edgey, I think it's title qualifies it as the Official Ryder Cup Thread.

And let's get some final score predictions.

BJ has already predicted Euros by 1.5.
    This is our year. Because Tiger isn't there. The usual negative testosterone won't be flowing around our guys and it will be easier to get into a team mode.

Yanks by 1 point. Furyk is a hero. Stricker is too.

Sergio/Kim in the final match, Sergio wins it on 17 and the Euros win by half a point.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    This is our year. Because Tiger isn't there. The usual negative testosterone won't be flowing around our guys and it will be easier to get into a team mode.

Yanks by 1 point. Furyk is a hero. Stricker is too.
    Azinger may have found the right formula by filling his his team with guys that are pretty much wacko.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Sergio/Kim in the final match, Sergio wins it on 17 and the Euros win by half a point.

FON
    No way that goes down. Sergio may have a great overall RC record and is unbeaten in the alternate shot/best ball matches, but his singles record is terrible. He is too fragile to win on his own (as we've witnessed several times in stroke play tournaments), and I would be shocked if Faldo put him in that position. Sergio will be tucked somewhere in the middle of the lineup on Sunday for the singles where his choking will have the least effect.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Hey, it's about time we all laid off Sergio!

Pick on someone your own size (at least until after the matches).

I have a totally different opinion of Sergio now. Sergio is awesome! I was going to start a thread on the 5 things each of us love most about Sergio, but I got stuck on the first item, so it's shelved for now.

With all the predictions that this year was going to be the year when Sergio finally steps up and takes his RC from into the majors turning out to be false alarms, I will make the bold prediction that this year will be the year when Sergio finally brings his individual strokeplay major choking form to the Ryder Cup and he chokes the house down.

Thread Information