|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: 100th Post

100th Post

I know you guys are supposed to wait until a new guy hits 100 posts to tell him he in the running for DB of the Year so here's my 100th post, thread worthy for a digital beatdown. Bring it. And if you want to throw in comments about my personal hygeine you better not be European or WOP.
    2 tears in a bucket

one question jesse, what's in the bag?
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Titleist 905 R 9.5 YS-6+
    Titleist 904F 15* S300
    Nickent 3DX 20* X100
    MP-33 3-9 or PW S300
    Sometimes 47-06 MP-T PW
    MP 52-07 Black Nickel
    MP 56-08 Chrome
    Wilson 8823

Pretty satisfied with setup except putting. Thanks to the infinite wisdom of this forum, I've found steel shafts, Mizzy blades, and countless advice on the finer points of putting, contact plane, swing, and occasionally equipment threads. I think I've finally decided on a Yes face balanced mallet. I have a Red X but don't really like the 1/4 inch toe hang. I've drilled some long putts and been great on lags, but just don't get a high enough percentage from 4-10 range. Would like to be automatic at 6 ft and in.
    2 tears in a bucket

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    2 military dudes on this forum, & they both play mizzy blades. Just another example of why we have the finest military in the world!
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Damn right you can't miss fast enough. First guy with an accurate shot on target wins.
    2 tears in a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by jesse.day
    Titleist 905 R 9.5 YS-6+
    Titleist 904F 15* S300
    Nickent 3DX 20* X100
    MP-33 3-9 or PW S300
    Sometimes 47-06 MP-T PW
    MP 52-07 Black Nickel
    MP 56-08 Chrome
    Wilson 8823

Pretty satisfied with setup except putting. Thanks to the infinite wisdom of this forum, I've found steel shafts, Mizzy blades, and countless advice on the finer points of putting, contact plane, swing, and occasionally equipment threads. I think I've finally decided on a Yes face balanced mallet. I have a Red X but don't really like the 1/4 inch toe hang. I've drilled some long putts and been great on lags, but just don't get a high enough percentage from 4-10 range. Would like to be automatic at 6 ft and in.
    My game sounds like yours. The pro at our club tweaked my swing recently & really tidied it up. Everything (driving, approach shots, chipping etc) is going well EXCEPT my putting. Like you I'm missing far too many 4-6 footers.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hell yeah... i need to get some 33's.... been watching some on flea bay...

bj you ho like nobody i know... so how reliable is the mizzys on ebay?

i dont want to get some crappy tm knockoffs.

Omen, nice bag jesse... i salute you: what do you do there in san antonio? guessing airforce, maybe a T I ?

Only as reliable as the person selling them. I only buy from 100% positive feedback with a minimum of 200. If you get some, make sure they have rifles in them. If you want manly blades, they need to have manly shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    Hell yeah... i need to get some 33's.... been watching some on flea bay...

bj you ho like nobody i know... so how reliable is the mizzys on ebay?

i dont want to get some crappy tm knockoffs.

Omen, nice bag jesse... i salute you: what do you do there in san antonio? guessing airforce, maybe a T I ?
    I think he has a great bag. I love that ys-6 in the 905R and the Mizzies too. But Omen, there's a hybrid in there. You saw it. What's up? Come on now. So if someone was in the military the hybrid doesn't bother you? .

I have no problem with hybrids. That Nickent is a player's club, not a help me I suck club. I'm eyeing an Adams Pro, I should do it, I just keep being an ass about it.

As a Wop, Jessie, I refrained from making comments about your personal hygiene, as you requested. And it goes without saying, mine obviously leaves alot to be desired.

But I would have had plenty to say.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I think he has a great bag. I love that ys-6 in the 905R and the Mizzies too. But Omen, there's a hybrid in there. You saw it. What's up? Come on now. So if someone was in the military the hybrid doesn't bother you? .

I have no problem with hybrids. That Nickent is a player's club, not a help me I suck club. I'm eyeing an Adams Pro, I should do it, I just keep being an ass about it.

As a Wop, Jessie, I refrained from making comments about your personal hygiene, as you requested. And it goes without saying, mine obviously leaves alot to be desired.

But I would have had plenty to say.

its replacing a 5 wood... that's okay.. so long as they dont replace a long iron.

i like the look of the rifled shafts... i saw some sets for about 200 that looked well taken care of.... i definitely prefer the 33's... might give the 32's to erica....

I was toying with the idea of bagging Jesse for his hybrid, but it's pretty hard to argue that any club with a X100 shaft is a choppers club. And the fact he has pure blades with stiff shafts settles it that he uses the hybrid by choice, not because he lacks nuts like most fagget arsed hybrid users on this forum. Love the old school putter in the bag too Jesse, the 8823 is the real deal when it comes to true blade putters, much more manly than the overpriced chinese sweatshop made Ping knockoffs (Scotty Camerons) most wannabes rave about. Was a bit surprised by your choice of shaft in the driver though. I've found the YS-6 to be very whippy and soft in the tip, and not the sort of shaft someone who uses S300's and X100's would like.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I was toying with the idea of bagging Jesse for his hybrid, but it's pretty hard to argue that any club with a X100 shaft is a choppers club. And the fact he has pure blades with stiff shafts settles it that he uses the hybrid by choice, not because he lacks nuts like most fagget arsed hybrid users on this forum. Love the old school putter in the bag too Jesse, the 8823 is the real deal when it comes to true blade putters, much more manly than the overpriced chinese sweatshop made Ping knockoffs (Scotty Camerons) most wannabes rave about. Was a bit surprised by your choice of shaft in the driver though. I've found the YS-6 to be very whippy and soft in the tip, and not the sort of shaft someone who uses S300's and X100's would like.
    Agreed, anything Graphite Design has been a hook machine for me.

I was toying with the idea of bagging Jesse for his hybrid, but it's pretty hard to argue that any club with a X100 shaft is a choppers club. And the fact he has pure blades with stiff shafts settles it that he uses the hybrid by choice, not because he lacks nuts like most fagget arsed hybrid users on this forum.
    Well damn, how about that. You've got NAH's approval. I bet that must come as a great relief huh Jesse? Now you can sleep peacefully.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

To be honest with you about the X100 I don't think that I load it completely. I like it because I think the stiffer the shaft the better it makes for punch shots and since I like to use the same club for punching (for consistency) I chose the 3DX hybrid and vary my takeaway and tempo to dial in the distance I want. I find that short swings with a punch plane really tend to make contact outside of the sweetspot (unless you practice a shitload which I can't afford to do) but the X100 definitely keeps a true line even when my contact was just plain awful. I only hit it about 210-220 or so but its reliable. I like it for Par 5's when its tight near the green and I'm in the distance zone for going for it. It comes in handy on 2 of my home track's par 5's. I really like the 8823 which I picked up for $20 out of some guys garage. I just bought a Yes Tracy and like any new putter it will face trial by fire for bag real estate. Now I will be looking to sell my Red X.

To answer Omen's question I am not Air Force. My wife was Air Force and that's why I left active duty because Army and Air Force don't play nice together on assignments for interservice marriage. I am a Special Forces Medic in the Texas Army National Guard and I work full time for the company. Right now I'm in Colorado Springs doing a bit of training. This is the 6th time this year I've been on Temporary Duty and I've been gone about 4 months in total. Its a bit fast paced this year but next year will be faster. I wish I could play more than 1 round a week and 1 practice session a week but that's not in the cards.

Yeah the YS 6+ is a little whippy. I wanted a Fujikura Speeder but the YS-6 was a definite low ball auction and I figured I'd try it out. I just reduce my backswing and start with a easy tempo and focus on a good releast and I get pretty long drives. The track I play is kind of a position course in the first place so a good drive will push through a par 5 fairway and about half of the Par 4's require something a little less than the driver or a perfect shot shape. I don't think the 20-30 extra yards I could get on a perfectly shaped shot is worth it when I'm only 120 off with a 3 wood in the first place. I'm playing around 90 right now and its mostly par,double bogey, par, double bogey type of golf. I just can't find the practice time with the family and work.
    Last edited by jesse.day; 09-28-2008 at 05:33 PM.
    2 tears in a bucket

Thread Information