|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: WITB - drivers

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

WITB - drivers

My ever-evolving bag setup has finished in 4 years of demo'ing & ho'ing all of the junk out there. I've come full circle back to the GRAIN FLOW FORGED blades that I had 4 years ago. I've tried the rest, now it's back to the best. I removed the paintfill from the Mizzy's. They look sic in person. Grab a towel & some vaseline. I'll try to make better pics soon.

Bevo is for you DaveP. Hook Em'

And yes, I know I need to mow my damn lawn. I'm just lazy.

Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Your lawns and your wedges look just like mine!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    The wife hasn't b!tched about it yet, but I'm sure I'll hear about it tonight

UNUSED????
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

BJ
    is that a stock shaft in the 460 x. I got the 460x with a fujikuri shaft if it is not what do you have in the 460x
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    UNUSED????
    I'll type this S-L-O-W-L-Y so that Nemo can follow:

Lawns = Not mowed.

Wedges = Cleveland.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    BJ
    is that a stock shaft in the 460 x. I got the 460x with a fujikuri shaft if it is not what do you have in the 460x
    Yeah it's the stock for the tour model. Fuji tour platform 26.3

You keep clubs so good! lol
    I suggest you use headcover to protect them
    Don't post websites in your Sig.

Ping G10 Driver
    Ping G10 Fairway Wood

Taylormade CGB MAX Driver/ Fairway Wood / Irons

Callaway X-22 Driver

BTW the bag appearently has changed again...

daveperk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers

Bevo is for you DaveP. Hook Em'

And yes, I know I need to mow my damn lawn. I'm just lazy.
    Your lawn is doing a helluva lot better than mine. YOu got all the rain. Dallas is dry and brown.

I can't believe anyone in SOOOOEEEEEEEE country would even RISK saying Hook 'em in an email.

But I most certainly appreciate the thought. :-))

Played my first full round of 18 with my new sticks this morning. Shot 79 w/ 2 stupid 3 putts. Not a long course (6895) but narrow and the greens are extremely sloped. hit 14 GIR. Only used driver on 1 hole. The 503.H got a workout, and came through nicely off the tee.

My shot of the day was my approach on 17. had roughly 165 to the front, ball was sitting down in some thick bermuda. i pulled out the 7i and took a mightly cut, the GRAIN FLOW FORGED PURE BLADE (NOT THAT QUEER CUT MUSCLE CAVITY CRAP) cut right through that thick gnarly junk and I stuck it to 10 feet pin high for the bird. Even out of thick rough it's like a hot knife through butter. God I love these irons & I'm glad I've got them again. The feel, weighting, trajectory control, none of that can be achieved with a cavity back.

Does anyone know if the rifle shafts have a higher swing weight than S300s? I really like the weighting of these. They feel heavy.
    Last edited by bjdrivers; 09-24-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Here's a good thread on the best OEM forged blade ever:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index....topic=728&st=0

Played my first full round of 18 with my new sticks this morning. Shot 79 w/ 2 stupid 3 putts. Not a long course (6895) but narrow and the greens are extremely sloped. hit 14 GIR. Only used driver on 1 hole. The 503.H got a workout, and came through nicely off the tee.

My shot of the day was my approach on 17. had roughly 165 to the front, ball was sitting down in some thick bermuda. i pulled out the 7i and took a mightly cut, the GRAIN FLOW FORGED PURE BLADE (NOT THAT QUEER CUT MUSCLE CAVITY CRAP) cut right through that thick gnarly junk and I stuck it to 10 feet pin high for the bird. Even out of thick rough it's like a hot knife through butter. God I love these irons & I'm glad I've got them again. The feel, weighting, trajectory control, none of that can be achieved with a cavity back.

Does anyone know if the rifle shafts have a higher swing weight than S300s? I really like the weighting of these. They feel heavy.
    Good question. I know my rac TP Satin wedges (with Rifles) feel a few SW points heavier than any of my older wedges with the S-300's in them, but I'm not sure if that's the shafts or not. I like the heavier feel too. Who knows with the irons, but the rac MB TP's are a heavier SW than any of my previous irons.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Driver progression:

Tit 905R YS-6+ Stiff

just bought it before that

TP R7 Quad HT Tip soft Stiff

before that

Cleveland Hibore OEM shaft stiff

and my always capable backup in my guest set of clubs

Cobra 454 Comp Mitsubishi Stiff
    2 tears in a bucket

Yeah....that's what can happen to a golf board when they mistake of actually discussing golf and golf equipment with a degree of intelligence. Imagine telling someone that they like a club, and WHY they like it, and discussing pros and cons of particular equipment!! But it is much more satisfying to hear people who don't share the same particular viewpoint simply called gay and their equipment labelled POS, followed by some reference to somebody interacting with someone else's mom.........
    Many of the comments on this board remind me of a little know movie called "Idiocracy." It's a fairly funny movie about the degeneration of discourse and logic over time......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Yeah....that's what can happen to a golf board when they mistake of actually discussing golf and golf equipment with a degree of intelligence. Imagine telling someone that they like a club, and WHY they like it, and discussing pros and cons of particular equipment!! But it is much more satisfying to hear people who don't share the same particular viewpoint simply called gay and their equipment labelled POS, followed by some reference to somebody interacting with someone else's mom.........
    Many of the comments on this board remind me of a little know movie called "Idiocracy." It's a fairly funny movie about the degeneration of discourse and logic over time......
    yeah but dork those sites are a dime a dozen: we have a niche here in the golf forum world: something that sets us apart. which is the only real reason any of us stay here.

and in all truthfulness i feel most of the members here are very knowledgeable of equipment and to boringly discuss it in similar manner would do little to excite our creative sides.

the mom jokes and gay banter keeps it lively .... hence the reason you have 5K posts..

Yeah....that's what can happen to a golf board when they mistake of actually discussing golf and golf equipment with a degree of intelligence. Imagine telling someone that they like a club, and WHY they like it, and discussing pros and cons of particular equipment!! ...
    I know I wouldn't like it. Sounds too much like marital counseling.

and in all truthfulness i feel most of the members here are very knowledgeable of equipment and to boringly discuss it in similar manner would do little to excite our creative sides.
    Well at least YOU are knowledgeable and creative.

Anybody who doesn't play blades is gay.
    Anybody who doesn't play Mizuno is gay.
    Anybody who plays hybrids are gay.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Well at least YOU are knowledgeable and creative.

Anybody who doesn't play blades is gay.
    Anybody who doesn't play Mizuno is gay.
    Anybody who plays hybrids are gay.
    OKAY THIS IS GR POST OF THE YEAR... CLEAR, CONCISE, AND AMAZINGLY ACCURATE.

Omen... great work dork

I find it interesting that you are always dissing Shottalk but now you are promoting Golfwrx. Aren't they very similar?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Great link BJ. Reading stuff like that makes me want to trade up from the Pro II's.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I find it interesting that you are always dissing Shottalk but now you are promoting Golfwrx. Aren't they very similar?
    No, reading a thread on shittalk is a lot like watching The View. Several girls discussing how bad they are cramping and how much they missed each other's pillow talk over the weekend.

GolfWRX is actually a very knowledgeable site. Sure, they are a lot stricter about trolling than GR, but you can hop on there to see good pics of tour events and the newest equipment. On shittalk you can discuss how emotional you get over installing your newest grip with LyleGay & his girlfriends.

One reason I like the GR family, is you can discuss the realities in life like golf, how gay hybrids are, and tell someone to f*ck off w/out getting the BAN treatment. Teesee anyone?
    Last edited by bjdrivers; 09-29-2008 at 08:35 AM.

No, reading a thread on shittalk is a lot like watching The View. Several girls discussing how bad they are cramping and how much they missed each other's pillow talk over the weekend.

GolfWRX is actually a very knowledgeable site. Sure, they are a lot stricter about trolling than GR, but you can hop on there to see good pics of tour events and the newest equipment. On shittalk you can discuss how emotional you get over installing your newest grip with LyleGay & his girlfriends.

One reason I like the GR family, is you can discuss the realities in life like golf, how gay hybrids are, and tell someone to f*ck off w/out getting the BAN treatment. Teesee anyone?
    LOL - I'll have to check it out. Had a brief look once and it seemed lame.

The loss of LyleG means GR is slightly down on technical knowledge when someone occasionally has a serious equipment question.

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL - I'll have to check it out. Had a brief look once and it seemed lame.

The loss of LyleG means GR is slightly down on technical knowledge when someone occasionally has a serious equipment question.
    What questions are you having? Whatever the question, the answer is Mizuno. Unless the question is "What type of hybrid should I be playing?"
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

yeah but dork those sites are a dime a dozen: we have a niche here in the golf forum world: something that sets us apart. which is the only real reason any of us stay here.

the mom jokes and gay banter keeps it lively .... hence the reason you have 5K posts..
    wise words Omen

GK
    Driver: Titleist D2 8.5 Aldila Vs Proto X Stiff

3 wood: Nike SQ, Aldila NV Stiff

Hybrid: Not In The Bag

Irons: Mizuno MP 67's S300

Wedges: Callaway X Tour Vintage 52*, 56*, Nike Forged 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Steel Rossie 35inch

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    What questions are you having? Whatever the question, the answer is Mizuno. Unless the question is "What type of hybrid should I be playing?"
    My question was "What's the most overrated OEM brand pushed by the regulars on this forum?"

Mizuno huh?
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 09-30-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I always thought Lyle was OK, but I was surprised when he chose those uptight tossers at shittalk over GR.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I always thought Lyle was OK, but I was surprised when he chose those uptight tossers at shittalk over GR.

Apparently, he thought less of us.

Our appeal is obviously diminished, and our ratings are dropping. We need some entertaining new original content to spice this place up.

WWFD? (What Would Fox Do?)

Oh yeah, reruns. We'll be ok. We have lots of reruns.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Great link BJ. Reading stuff like that makes me want to trade up from the Pro II's.

What are you talking about?

A week ago you were thinking you weren't good enough for the Pro II's. Or has all that lift your head on the follow through epiphany changed your thinking?

Now where the f#ck am I?

BEST READ OF THE YEAR.

p.s. Omen is also a golf wrx member.

What are you talking about?

A week ago you were thinking you weren't good enough for the Pro II's. Or has all that lift your head on the follow through epiphany changed your thinking?
    Actually it has. I was flushing everything on the weekend, and didn't hit one really crap shot. I'm hoping it wasn't a placebo honeymoon thing, cause knowing you are going to hit it half decent wehn standing over the shot allows you to concentrate on course management, and actually lets you strategise your way around the course. As long as I can make consistent contact I will keep the Mizzy's in the bag.

Actually it has. I was flushing everything on the weekend, and didn't hit one really crap shot. I'm hoping it wasn't a placebo honeymoon thing, cause knowing you are going to hit it half decent wehn standing over the shot allows you to concentrate on course management, and actually lets you strategise your way around the course. As long as I can make consistent contact I will keep the Mizzy's in the bag.
    I was flushing them at the weekend too and I'm also hoping it isn't just temporary. I had the coach have a look at my swing and he noticed that my hips were turning way too much in the backswing so he got me to focus on locking down my hips and the results were immediate.

I began picking everything up cleanly off the turf where previously I had been hitting them really inconsistently thin, fat ... etc

I'm hoping it will continue.

Now if only I could putt ...

Now where the f#ck am I?

I was flushing them at the weekend too and I'm also hoping it isn't just temporary. I had the coach have a look at my swing and he noticed that my hips were turning way too much in the backswing so he got me to focus on locking down my hips and the results were immediate.

I began picking everything up cleanly off the turf where previously I had been hitting them really inconsistently thin, fat ... etc

Sounds like it is time for you to step up to grain flow forged, oh grasshopper.

daveperk Guest

All my chopper friends are always asking me for lessons, and my number one tip is to anchor the hips so the turn puts tension in the core between shoulders and hips.

The hips go back too far in the backswing and two things happen--

The coil spring loses too much tension and you lose power, and

you come off the center, off the ball, and have a harder time getting back to center for impact.

Hips as still as possible means at LEAST as much if not lots MORE power than usual, and lots more consistent contact.

My friends, though, are fat and inflexible like me and tend to have difficulty with this lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    All my chopper friends are always asking me for lessons.
    Just tell 'em you hit fades off of lies above your feet and they'll stop asking.

Did you abandon the gay arsed reverse grip or are you still experimenting with it? I tried out my new putter on Sunday(with the reverse grip) and I made more putts than ever. It was the only thing I did worth a damn, however.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Did you abandon the gay arsed reverse grip or are you still experimenting with it? I tried out my new putter on Sunday(with the reverse grip) and I made more putts than ever. It was the only thing I did worth a damn, however.
    I tried it but found I was f*cking up just as many putts and I didn't feel confident over longer putts. So I've gone back to a conventional grip. My problem is as follows:

1. Either my ball striking is crap so I'm missing greens and having to chip and putt a lot. This means I seldom 3 putt but I'm not making one putts to save par often enough.

or

2. My ball striking is is Sergio like but so is my putting. If I'm hitting more GIR from 150 or further out it means I am often facing a lot of longer lag putts and 3 putting the f*ckers!

Still it's early in the season. Plenty of time to iron out these minor technicalities.

How is your game going? Have you got those new clubs yet?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    All my chopper friends are always asking me for lessons, and my number one tip is to anchor the hips so the turn puts tension in the core between shoulders and hips.

The hips go back too far in the backswing and two things happen--

The coil spring loses too much tension and you lose power, and

you come off the center, off the ball, and have a harder time getting back to center for impact.

Hips as still as possible means at LEAST as much if not lots MORE power than usual, and lots more consistent contact.

My friends, though, are fat and inflexible like me and tend to have difficulty with this lesson.
    Yeah it has made a tremendous difference to my ball striking with every club from my Driver to my wedges. I'm hoping it continues and isn't just a temporary 'placebo' effect as NAH put it.

I am getting solid, consistent contact and good distance too. My driving is back to it's best and I'm confident as every drive is going exactly where I am aiming (for a change). Tonight I played 12 holes after work and got home in two on a couple of par 5's that I have never reached before.

Must keep reminding myself "Anchor the hips, anchor the hips, anchor the hips ..."

Now where the f#ck am I?

How is your game going? Have you got those new clubs yet?
    I played terrible on Sunday.(3 week layoff) It was one of those rounds where it turned into a practice round. Putted great, but like you said, it was a shame none of them meant anything. I made at 4 putts over 10 ft which never happens to me. No missed 3 footers. I started the reverse grip with a blade putter and it definately works better with a mallet.

Haven't got the new clubs yet but I will soon. I have resevations about the KZG clubs because I hear they are expensive for non OEM clubs and the resale value sucks. I hit the new Mizzy shovels demo 6 iron at my home course, and I really liked it. (the MP52) I recently found out that the course that I play at the most, which I am joining after new years, has a launch monitor and they deal Mizuno, Cobra, and Titleist. One of the reasons I was leaning toward KZG is that a local clubfitter sold those and he had what I thought was the only lauch monitor in town. I feel like a swing analysis is a must, in order to drop that much cash. Right now I am debating MP52s vs. Titleist AP2s. I hit them both and they are essentially the same. I have trouble commiting to big ($800) commitments.

Wow. Long winded. Sorry you asked?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I played terrible on Sunday.(3 week layoff) It was one of those rounds where it turned into a practice round. Putted great, but like you said, it was a shame none of them meant anything. I made at 4 putts over 10 ft which never happens to me. No missed 3 footers. I started the reverse grip with a blade putter and it definately works better with a mallet.

Haven't got the new clubs yet but I will soon. I have resevations about the KZG clubs because I hear they are expensive for non OEM clubs and the resale value sucks. I hit the new Mizzy shovels demo 6 iron at my home course, and I really liked it. (the MP52) I recently found out that the course that I play at the most, which I am joining after new years, has a launch monitor and they deal Mizuno, Cobra, and Titleist. One of the reasons I was leaning toward KZG is that a local clubfitter sold those and he had what I thought was the only lauch monitor in town. I feel like a swing analysis is a must, in order to drop that much cash. Right now I am debating MP52s vs. Titleist AP2s. I hit them both and they are essentially the same. I have trouble commiting to big ($800) commitments.

Wow. Long winded. Sorry you asked?
    Not at all. I'm the opposite. I tend to drop a bundle of cash on a whim and explain (to my wife) later. LOL

As long as you get something you really want that you're happy with it's a good investment in the long run.

Now where the f#ck am I?

HS, nothing is 'essentially the same' as grain flow forged, even if the GFF is in a rather SGI shovel like incarnation. The AP2's are full on SGI CB POS paddles and shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as anything from Mizuno except as a reference point to display the superiority of the Mizzys.

Thread Information