|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Post stretching in golf?

do you recommend stretching in golf?

i would like a routine for it

thanks in advanced

do you recommend stretching in golf?
    Hmmmm....good question...I have a question that has been bothering me too.

do you recommend drinking water when its hot outside in golf?

thanks in advanced, too.

The only time I stretch in golf is at the 19th when some schmuck hasn't restocked the fridge on time and I have to stretch to reach past the warm beers at the front to get the cold beers at the back.

Hope that helps.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Absolutely not. You're far better off going out to play immediately after getting out of bed while you're still stiff. That way, you have a much better chance of pulling a muscle & hurting yourself.

Glad I could assist.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Tiger can reportedly sit in a chair and rotate his shoulders 90 degrees. Everyone knows that flexibility and strength are closely related. Its especially important for accessory muscles, tendons, and ligaments and will reduce any athletic injuries. Athletic injuries most commonly happen from overuse (for high impact sports), or acutely like a strained lower back. The number 1 cause of Lower back pain is smoking believe it or not. I had 2 herniated disks from combat ops in Afghanistan... 1 surgery and a year and a half later I hadn't shown any improvement. I quit smoking a 3 weeks later my LBP simply went away. The number 2 cause is tight hamstrings. You should stretch chest, shoulders, back, core, and legs. Warming up is enough before playing a round but maybe a 20 minute stretching routing would work 3 times a week or so. You can easily find out anything you want about stretching using Google.
    2 tears in a bucket

Stretching is essential, not only does it reduce injuries but with greater flexibility you get longer distance in golf. Tiger is a great example (stretching is in his book) of someone who stretches, so is Vijay who for an older guy is playing great golf. I picked up the book Golf-Flex on Amazon, it has some good suggestions for stretches specifically for golf and routines that do not take a lot of time/effort.
    Nike 350cc 10.5° Driver
    Nike Ignite 15° 3 Wood
    Titleist 2-GW 690.MB
    Vokey SW 56°
    No brand putter
    TeeDroid.com - mobile golf caddy - course distance + statistics

Yo can try this routine:

http://www.stretching.name/index.php?filt=golf

But remember, the most important is warming up before stretch .

the hardest thing for most to realize is tight muscles is usually caused my muscle imbalance. If you have tight hamstrings it could be because you have a weak core. If your core is weak the hamstrings have to work overtime to help keep your hips in the correct position. This principle goes for most groups of muscles.

So, long and short, stretching is good but you need muscular balance to be flexible.

Stretching is overrated. It's like having lessons or getting fitted for golf clubs, just a waste of time and money. Just jump out of your car 5 minutes before tee time, walk straight to the first tee and blaze away without even so much as a practice swing. Preferably with a blade 1 iron with a X100 shaft or similar, and make sure to go at it at least 100% power. Your welcome in advanced.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Stretching before a round of golf is as gay as a French trombone. Anyone who stretches before golf may as well wear a mesh tank-top to a Cher concert instead.

By the way. I like how this spam artist posted an innocent question without a link in the first post, then a few hours later, another first time poster shows up with a link to answer his question. Amazing stroke of luck there. These spammers are getting more cleverer and cleverererer.
    Last edited by Home-slicer; 09-28-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Thread Information