|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Rife Putters

Rife Putters

anybody else had a shot of one of these putters because today i hit a couple of puts with the "Aussie" model

and what can i say? WOW... the feel was amazing im definently gonna get one of these in the near future

GK
    Driver: Titleist D2 8.5 Aldila Vs Proto X Stiff

3 wood: Nike SQ, Aldila NV Stiff

Hybrid: Not In The Bag

Irons: Mizuno MP 67's S300

Wedges: Callaway X Tour Vintage 52*, 56*, Nike Forged 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Steel Rossie 35inch

Rife Putters

Rife Putters are just okay I think. Alot of the better players on my high school team are playing Rifes. They are definately not a bad choice but wouldnt be my first pick.....try YES! and you might change ur mind if you havent tried them already...
    Upon further review GFF is a hack and will retire the players Bag....my new set:

Driver: 907 D2 w/V2 76 stiff
    3 wood: Burner TP Stiff 14.5*
    4-PW: Burner XD (Mizuno soon again)
    Wedges: 52/56 SV Tour black Satin
    Putter: S.C Santa Fe '97 Black Pearl
    Ball: ProV1x, Taylormade, Nike Ones

Quote Originally Posted by GrainFlowForged
    Rife Putters are just okay I think. Alot of the better players on my high school team are playing Rifes. They are definately not a bad choice but wouldnt be my first pick.....try YES! and you might change ur mind if you havent tried them already...
    yea they are becomming quite popular
    i used to have a YES! Sophia putter... but it went bad so i went back to my current putter

thanks for the input, i will give them a try and see if any of the models suit me

GK

I also tried the Sophia model and it didn't work for my either, but that didn't scare me away from YES totally. I use Natalie now and she is just beautiful!! If you like your Rossie I'd suggest trying Victoria from YES, which is basically identical in design, except for the added benefit of the C-grooves.

I like what i have read about the Rife putters and have liked them when i tried them in stores, but just haven't been tempted to take Natalie outta the bag!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golf King
    yea they are becomming quite popular
    i used to have a YES! Sophia putter... but it went bad so i went back to my current putter

thanks for the input, i will give them a try and see if any of the models suit me

GK
    Callaway FT-5 10* (neutral)
    Callaway X-series frwy. 3 & 5
    Mizuno MP Fli-High 24*
    Mizuno MP60 (5-PW)
    Cleveland CG11 52, 56 & 60
    YES C-groove (natalie)

"Lefties Rule!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_T07
    I also tried the Sophia model and it didn't work for my either, but that didn't scare me away from YES totally. I use Natalie now and she is just beautiful!! If you like your Rossie I'd suggest trying Victoria from YES, which is basically identical in design, except for the added benefit of the C-grooves.

I like what i have read about the Rife putters and have liked them when i tried them in stores, but just haven't been tempted to take Natalie outta the bag!!
    how long has that putter been in your bag?
    my Rossie had been in the bag for abour 3 years

GK

This is my third season with Natalie in my bag. I have made some changes to her since I got it. I cut about two inches off the length and add a larger grip, but she works!!

how long has that putter been in your bag?
    my Rossie had been in the bag for abour 3 years

GK
    Callaway FT-5 10* (neutral)
    Callaway X-series frwy. 3 & 5
    Mizuno MP Fli-High 24*
    Mizuno MP60 (5-PW)
    Cleveland CG11 52, 56 & 60
    YES C-groove (natalie)

"Lefties Rule!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_T07
    This is my third season with Natalie in my bag. I have made some changes to her since I got it. I cut about two inches off the length and add a larger grip, but she works!!
    you must have one short putter

I have hit Yes putters on the parctice green and they are defiitely up there for feel and consistency. My favourite model was the Tracey II which is a blade Anser style putter.

One putter I had a hit with yesterday was the new Macgregor blade putter and it was freakin awesome. The balance and feel off the face were as good as I've ever felt in any putter. I would defnitely put them up there with Yes and Scotties as far as blade putters go.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I have hit Yes putters on the parctice green and they are defiitely up there for feel and consistency. My favourite model was the Tracey II which is a blade Anser style putter.

One putter I had a hit with yesterday was the new Macgregor blade putter and it was freakin awesome. The balance and feel off the face were as good as I've ever felt in any putter. I would defnitely put them up there with Yes and Scotties as far as blade putters go.
    NAH i'll keep that in mind tomorrow, what do you think of the new ping zb?

NAH i'll keep that in mind tomorrow, what do you think of the new ping zb?
    To be honest I'm not a fan of Ping putters. I like a really soft feel and the Pings don't fit into that category. They are obviously good putters but just not for me.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

To be honest I'm not a fan of Ping putters. I like a really soft feel and the Pings don't fit into that category. They are obviously good putters but just not for me.
    i guess you like the feel of odyssey putters

i guess you like the feel of odyssey putters
    Certainly do. The XG series is the best putter under $200 IMO.

Certainly do. The XG series is the best putter under $200 IMO.
    yea i had #7
    it got damaged while on a golf vacation and i never got round to getting another, it sure did look strange but it worked

daveperk Guest
    I tried the Rife at Golf Galaxy but none of them were bent to my lie in the store and I never got a good feel of it.

I have to say, though, I've found a goofball off brand on Ebay that I really like. Can't even think of the name, I think it's 4-ball, but it's not four full size circles, but a sort of triangle of balls, with the smallest one closest to the clubface and then the next three get bigger until the fourth one hits full size and looks kind of like the back end of the Oddity 2-ball.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the graphics. Can't align it worth a darn. So I put lead tape on both sides to get rid of the triangle effect and make it into parallel lines, and then I drew a straight line down the middle with black magic marker.

The thing I like about it is the balance and the grip, a DOUBLE size grip with a flat top so both my thumbs can go side by side.. the width just flat takes my wrists out of it. Great feel, very very easy to judge distance with the 34" shaft... I even grip down on it to get even better distance control...

It was on Ebay for $50 brand new, and I decided that wasn't too much to waste on a loser, but it turned out to be the best putter I've ever had, period.

I feel like I drove a lowrider to a Porsche club meeting.. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by daveperk
    I tried the Rife at Golf Galaxy but none of them were bent to my lie in the store and I never got a good feel of it.

I have to say, though, I've found a goofball off brand on Ebay that I really like. Can't even think of the name, I think it's 4-ball, but it's not four full size circles, but a sort of triangle of balls, with the smallest one closest to the clubface and then the next three get bigger until the fourth one hits full size and looks kind of like the back end of the Oddity 2-ball.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the graphics. Can't align it worth a darn. So I put lead tape on both sides to get rid of the triangle effect and make it into parallel lines, and then I drew a straight line down the middle with black magic marker.

The thing I like about it is the balance and the grip, a DOUBLE size grip with a flat top so both my thumbs can go side by side.. the width just flat takes my wrists out of it. Great feel, very very easy to judge distance with the 34" shaft... I even grip down on it to get even better distance control...

It was on Ebay for $50 brand new, and I decided that wasn't too much to waste on a loser, but it turned out to be the best putter I've ever had, period.
    looks like its the best $50 you've spent
    ive got a smilar story about my dad his entire set are custom fitted titleist apart from his 56* its an old dunlop from the 80's but he wont change it for anything... weird huh?

daveperk Guest
    amen, all those $200 putters can't hold a candle to this for me... I've sunk more six and eight footers in the past two weeks than I have all year... if it works, it works!

amen, all those $200 putters can't hold a candle to this for me... I've sunk more six and eight footers in the past two weeks than I have all year... if it works, it works!
    im the opposite ive missed more 3 footers in the past week than i have in years

I like the verticle alignment notch that some of the Rife putters have. It seems like it would help with consistency in the set up. The new 2 bar hybrid that they are hocking on TV looks like a decent putter. If you are into something mallet style, but less gimmicky, the model that Justin Rose plays (I think its a Bermuda or Barbados, something tropical sounding) might be easier on your eyes.
    Has anyone one here hit these?
    I have a PING G2i anser style and I'm thinking of trying a mallet style myself.

A friend of mine was ...lol a rep for Rife inc(he gave to many putters to his friends..lol) They re based out of my home town of Lake Mary, Florida . Anyways.... he gave me one of those 2 bar putters...the black mallet design. I put it in my bag and put my scotty away. I can say despite its bulky appearance this putter rolled them as true and straight as any putter ive used and it was automatic from 6 ft in. I would drain em from allover the green too. But there is alot of smart azz vets on my tour and they would laugh at me and say that i belonged on the champions tour with that dinner plate{fkrs} ( ricky,dave ,sneath and toby s o b s ) So i went with the Yes c groove olivia model and got the same results without the smart azz remarks .... so now it just sits in my garage with my scotty ...but rifes are great flat sticks

Quote Originally Posted by strokeguru
    A friend of mine was ...lol a rep for Rife inc(he gave to many putters to his friends..lol) They re based out of my home town of Lake Mary, Florida . Anyways.... he gave me one of those 2 bar putters...the black mallet design. I put it in my bag and put my scotty away. I can say despite its bulky appearance this putter rolled them as true and straight as any putter ive used and it was automatic from 6 ft in. I would drain em from allover the green too. But there is alot of smart azz vets on my tour and they would laugh at me and say that i belonged on the champions tour with that dinner plate{fkrs} ( ricky,dave ,sneath and toby s o b s ) So i went with the Yes c groove olivia model and got the same results without the smart azz remarks .... so now it just sits in my garage with my scotty ...but rifes are great flat sticks
    That new hybrid 2bar looks a little less garish (on TV anyways)
    I would be more apt to buy one if they weren't marketing them cheesy infomercial style. It just makes them seem 'Zolex Hammer' cheap. I really like the look of some of their putters though. I hate giving in to peer pressure like you did, but I understand. No one wants to show up to play with their bag looking like they oreder it from Spencer gifts. I guess it begs the question.
    "If you were automatic from 12 feet with a PING Doc17 would you bag it?"

I feel like I drove a lowrider to a Porsche club meeting.. :-)
    Funny how sometimes cheap putters flat out work better than expensive ones. I bought a cheap mallet style putter a few years ago for about $50 that I loved on the practice green at the shop. I put it into play and had great results, but went awy from it because I thought when I had off days it must have been the cheap putter. Put it back in recently and have been putting as well as ever. Doesn't look great, doesn't feel anything better than average, but just gets the ball in the hole and gives me good distance control. I'll post a cpic of the ugly thing over the weekend so you can all laugh at it.

lol....looks like you glued 2 putters together a blade style, with a mallet backing..... but you cant judge a putter by appearance alone ... I had this old slotline putter that looked like a giant block of lead but that thing would roll the ball like it was tied to a string ...let my partner borrow it 1 day and never saw his az again .....So Drew if you read this GIMMIE MY DAM SLOTLINE BACK..

Funny how sometimes cheap putters flat out work better than expensive ones. I bought a cheap mallet style putter a few years ago for about $50 that I loved on the practice green at the shop. I put it into play and had great results, but went awy from it because I thought when I had off days it must have been the cheap putter. Put it back in recently and have been putting as well as ever. Doesn't look great, doesn't feel anything better than average, but just gets the ball in the hole and gives me good distance control. I'll post a cpic of the ugly thing over the weekend so you can all laugh at it.
    I have a mate who has a cheap POS that cost $25 - brand new! It weighs a tonne, the shaft is rusty as hell and it looks like cr@p but he is awesome with it.

Whatever works!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I like the verticle alignment notch that some of the Rife putters have. It seems like it would help with consistency in the set up. The new 2 bar hybrid that they are hocking on TV looks like a decent putter. If you are into something mallet style, but less gimmicky, the model that Justin Rose plays (I think its a Bermuda or Barbados, something tropical sounding) might be easier on your eyes.
    Has anyone one here hit these?
    I have a PING G2i anser style and I'm thinking of trying a mallet style myself.
    iVE also tried the barbados rife it was okay 2 me ...i kept messin with the lie angle tool and had a hard time adjusting it to my lie angle .....it just didnt feel comfy to me thats when i tried the 2 bar .. But the barbados is a nice looking putter if you like mallets

Quote Originally Posted by strokeguru
    lol....looks like you glued 2 putters together a blade style, with a mallet backing..... but you cant judge a putter by appearance alone ... I had this old slotline putter that looked like a giant block of lead but that thing would roll the ball like it was tied to a string ...let my partner borrow it 1 day and never saw his az again .....So Drew if you read this GIMMIE MY DAM SLOTLINE BACK..
    The moral of this story is NEVER lend anybody any equipment that works. After losing a couple drivers over the years I've learnt the hard way to never let my clubs out of my sight anymore and to never let anyone 'borrow' anything I want to keep.

daveperk Guest
    The moral of this story is NEVER lend anybody any equipment that works. After losing a couple drivers over the years I've learnt the hard way to never let my clubs out of my sight anymore and to never let anyone 'borrow' anything I want to keep.
    I had an old Taylormade driver that I loved, the burner with the bubble shaft several years ago.. lent it to a coworker for a round the next day.. he came into the office, I asked how the round went, he bragged on how well he hit it and on his score, then handed me my CRACKED HEAD driver... didn't offer to pay or anything...

I kept trying to get him to lend me his car, but he was wise to me. :-)

I had an old Taylormade driver that I loved, the burner with the bubble shaft several years ago.. lent it to a coworker for a round the next day.. he came into the office, I asked how the round went, he bragged on how well he hit it and on his score, then handed me my CRACKED HEAD driver... didn't offer to pay or anything...

I kept trying to get him to lend me his car, but he was wise to me. :-)
    Amazing. I wonder what that guys' parents did to cause him to think that that was an acceptable way to handle the situation?
    Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Aldila NV 65 S
    3-wood: TaylorMade r7
    Irons: Mizuno MX-23
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-R 52*, 56* & 60* True Temper S300
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

I've had the 2 Bar offset mallet for quite a while now, and at least for me it's hard to imagine using anything else. It takes a while to get these bent just right, took me probably 7 or 8 rounds. I'd advise taking the bending tool with you to the course instead of bending the putter at your home. Also, when you bend the putter, put a tee shirt or some other thin cloth over the clubhead and that will eliminate any marring caused by the adjustment process. I know it may seem odd, but at least for me what looked like a properly adjusted lie in my living room was still a bit upright once I got to the course. Equally important is to get the proper length. Too many people just order the 35 inch length since that's "standard". Anyway, at least for me this is a great putter. The confidence gained on the dreaded 3 footers is substantial, and I just don't see a weakness anywhere with the Rife 2 Bar Offset Mallet. Just my humble 2 cents.

I have an Aussie Tour Edition....great putter.

Performs better than a Cameron, without the snob factor.

Thread Information