|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: Do you like Golf and AC/DC?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like golf (just golf forums),but I like AC/DC

0 0%
  • I like golf and AC/DC

5 29.41%
  • I like golf and I prefer Bon Scott era AC/DC

5 29.41%
  • I like golf and I prefer Brian Johnson era AC/DC

1 5.88%
  • I don't like golf or AC/DC. I am a gay communist that supports gun control

6 35.29%

Thread: Golf Poll

Golf Poll

At Horseballs' and Lorenzo's urging (See: Do you log in from work or at home thread), I submit what might be the most important vote you cast in 2008. Keep in mind that I had to keep it golf related.

I like golf. I like AC/DC. (The legendary Austrailian Rock Band)

Please vote, then by all means, share your thoughts.
    Last edited by Home-slicer; 10-02-2008 at 03:40 AM.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Hi

I am assuming by AC/DC you mean the sex act and not that awful rock group

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Well, there isn't a category that exactly describes me. I guess I come closest to someone who hates golf, supports gun control, and is BISEXUAL.........
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I like golf and I have to go with the Bon Scott era. Brian does a commendable job, but he looks & sounds like he's constipated...
    "You can't polish a turd, Beavis..."

Real AC/DC fans know that the band stopped in 1980 when Bon choked on his own vomit in the back seat of his car after dwoning a bottle of scotch. It was almost poetic as I just could not imagine Bon Scott beig part of the 80's.

Good poll HS, nice irrelevant addition of golf to get it onto the golf forum where it will get the attention it deservers.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Real AC/DC fans know that the band stopped in 1980 when Bon choked on his own vomit in the back seat of his car after dwoning a bottle of scotch. It was almost poetic as I just could not imagine Bon Scott beig part of the 80's.

Good poll HS, nice irrelevant addition of golf to get it onto the golf forum where it will get the attention it deservers.
    Bon Scott was Scottish born and played the bagpipes. I'd be willing to bet he could hit a knockdown 3 iron into the wind.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    the best rock band ever is Iron Maiden. I'm sure Edgy will agree. Up the irons!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. AC/DC is decent, but every song has a continous riff over & over & over & over...
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    the best rock band ever is Iron Maiden. I'm sure Edgy will agree. Up the irons!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. AC/DC is decent, but every song has a continous riff over & over & over & over...
    Sorry BJ

I f*ucking hate all heavy metal/glam rock like Iron Maiden, Led Zepp, AC/DC etc etc

Was always a bit of an 80's Synth, Kinks and Oasis fan myself

Does that make me AC/DC??

Cue Omen

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

I like AC/DC and I like golf...

But I love Shania Twain and croquet.

-Collin-
    In the bag:

Nickent 4DX SE 9* (Proforce V2 S)
    Callaway X 3w
    Nike Slingshot 2i Hybrid
    Nike Sumo2 4i Hybrid
    Nickent 3dx Pro Irons Nippon Steel Shafts
    Taylormade RAC TP 52*
    Sonartec T35 56*
    Callaway X-Tour 60* (PM Grind, MD Grooves!)
    Carbite Polar Balanced Putter (Thank you, Big 5)
    Ball: Whatever I found in the creek, or Callaway Pro V1X
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AC/DC has two purposes and two purposes only.
    1.) It is played (particularly the beginning of Thunderstruck) at the beginning of a football game.
    2.) It is theme music for strippers.
    The rest of the time, it's crap. Sorry Aussie Nation, but it's true.

Golf is fun.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Sorry BJ

I f*ucking hate all heavy metal/glam rock like Iron Maiden, Led Zepp, AC/DC etc etc

Was always a bit of an 80's Synth, Kinks and Oasis fan myself

Does that make me AC/DC??

Cue Omen

Edgey
    glam rock my arse, bruce dickinson is the man! you should try to play their music sometime, it's quite complex.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Drivers is a Maiden fan?! Who woulda guessed? I listened to "Somewhere In Time" just the other day. (Piece of Mind is hands down their best album, however.)

Edgey. Not surprised.

Horeseballs. I expected better from you. Calling AC/DC crap is like calling an MP-33 a POS paddle. (see? I 'm keeping it golf related!)
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Hey BJ, a mate of mine came to Sydney for an Iron Maiden concert last year. During the day of the concert he was walking around the harbour bridge and who should he happen across? None other than Steve Harris himself. He's got the photographic eveidence to prove it. Appaarently Harris was a real good guy and was happy to have a chat, not pretentious at all.

I think that HB's only defence would be if he has never heard the Bon Scott stuff. If he is only referring to the new stuff with Brian Johnson (his reference of Thunberstruck indicates this may be the case) he does have some grounds for his comments.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Oh I've heard the Bon Scott stuff. It's not that I hate AC/DC, I just think their music is simple both lyrically and intrumentally. Not a lot there, if you don't crank up the volume or involve strippers.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Oh I've heard the Bon Scott stuff. It's not that I hate AC/DC, I just think their music is simple both lyrically and intrumentally. Not a lot there, if you don't crank up the volume or involve strippers.
    Early AC/DC sngs contained some of the grittiest, dirtiest, hard rockest guitar riffs ever played. Malcolm Young was a rhythm guitar genius, and Angus is a bona fide lead guitar legend. Add Bon Scott, one of the great rock and roll front men and you have a band whose music is anything but simple. Not overly complicated sure, but rock and roll was always meant to be about how good it sounds, not how hard it sounds to play. And the lyrics of the early songs was equally original and brilliant. Read the lyrics to 'Long way to the top' sometime, it's the definitve pub band anthem.

Totally agree that you have to crank it right up to fully appreciate it (like any real rock and roll band), and it is definitely the perfect musical accompaniment to a strip show. But since when does that detract from the quality of a band?

I like AC/DC, but they're no Metallica.

That being said, Guitar Hero needs more AC/DC.

"I always fill my ballroom, the event is never small - the social pages say I've got the biggest balls of all"

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Early AC/DC sngs contained some of the grittiest, dirtiest, hard rockest guitar riffs ever played. Malcolm Young was a rhythm guitar genius, and Angus is a bona fide lead guitar legend. Add Bon Scott, one of the great rock and roll front men and you have a band whose music is anything but simple. Not overly complicated sure, but rock and roll was always meant to be about how good it sounds, not how hard it sounds to play. And the lyrics of the early songs was equally original and brilliant. Read the lyrics to 'Long way to the top' sometime, it's the definitve pub band anthem.

Totally agree that you have to crank it right up to fully appreciate it (like any real rock and roll band), and it is definitely the perfect musical accompaniment to a strip show. But since when does that detract from the quality of a band?
    Sorry NAH

I find all of this glam/heavy (sic) rock shi*te and frankly borderline camp

If you want to listen to hard, socially relevant lyrics listen to the finest band to have ever graced this planet, The Jam.

Paul Weller, Modfather and Music God.

AC/DC, Led Zep, Iron Maiden all Spandex wearing Poo*fters. If they golf i will bet they all carry Adams Hybrids.

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Sorry NAH

I find all of this glam/heavy (sic) rock shi*te and frankly borderline camp

If you want to listen to hard, socially relevant lyrics listen to the finest band to have ever graced this planet, The Jam.

Paul Weller, Modfather and Music God.

AC/DC, Led Zep, Iron Maiden all Spandex wearing Poo*fters. If they golf i will bet they all carry Adams Hybrids.

Edgey
    Aw come on Edgey The Jam!

They were Ok but when Paul Weller went on and formed Style Council they were so diabolical I went off him so much I didn't even like the Jam anymore.

From that British era The Clash ruled the roost IMO.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

AC/DC was great, like 30 years ago. I've heard all of their songs so many times I get annoyed when they come on the radio. I can't imagine purposely playing a recording of them by choice now. There up there with the beatles, eagles, Led Zep, Iron Maiden, JP, etc. Great in their time but after a while they're all just, well, old. They should all move over to AM where this old shiat belongs! The should take there 50 year old talk show host with them to AM as well.

About the only classic Rock-n-Roll I can still listen to is Pink Floyd and some older punk. But then punk isn't ever played over the air.

I can side with you down under folks about Rugby and Marsupials, but definitely not AC/DC.
    2 tears in a bucket

I'll take AC/DC over the Rolling Stones ANYDAY.

The worst mistake ever made in the last 50 years was letting Mick Jagger hold a microphone. The second worst mistake of the last 50 years was not telling him he can't sing. The third worst mistake was forgetting to tell Keith Richards he's been dead for 20 years.

And they say drugs will kill you.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Thread Information