|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Whats Your Favorite Beer To Drink on The Golf Course( You must be 21 to post response

I love to drink Sapporo, or Yeunglings. What do you enjoy

I think I will RESPONSE???? On the casual rounds with the buddies I enjoy Great West Pilsner or Miller Genuine.

Tmac
    RCC Saskatchewan, Canada

Budweiser.
    Hi Bore 9.5
    Callaway Steelhead III 3W
    MP-32 3-PW
    MP-R 52, 56, 60
    Never Compromise GM2 Exchange #4

About 9 Miller Lites. There I said it.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Whatever Pacific Northwest Microbrew my friend owes me. We have a standing bet for a sixpack and I've been killing him this year!!!

I know you're new here Prostatus... but if you search you'll find plenty of discussions on each of the various threads you've started. Why don't you consider slowing down and getting to know us before taking over the board?

Welcome to the fold either way.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Mmmm

I am afraid that in the UK and certainly at my club drinking beer on the course is unnaceptable behaviour and would result in suspension from the club.

The nearest we have might be the carrying of a gentlemans hip flask containing some type of gentlemans tot (whiskey etc) for " medicinal purposes".

Good old British reserve i suppose.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Budweiser or Labatt Blue - but it MUST BE ICE COLD. Warm beer - just... eeeew.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Budweiser or Labatt Blue - but it MUST BE ICE COLD. Warm beer - just... eeeew.

FON

The problem isn't the temperature it's the chosen brew... You can't do anything but "eeeew" with that crap. Life is too short to poison yourself with beer like that, trust me.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Mmmm

I am afraid that in the UK and certainly at my club drinking beer on the course is unnaceptable behaviour and would result in suspension from the club.

The nearest we have might be the carrying of a gentlemans hip flask containing some type of gentlemans tot (whiskey etc) for " medicinal purposes".

Edgey
    You guys can phuck in a park but you can't drink a beer on a golf course? WTH!!!!????
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

Quote Originally Posted by neverman
    The problem isn't the temperature it's the chosen brew... You can't do anything but "eeeew" with that crap. Life is too short to poison yourself with beer like that, trust me.
    No no no no no..... I can't stand those microbrews or dark beers. They punish you too much the day after for drinking them. What I stated are my present-day preferences, but I'm open minded enough to try any brew once. I just prefer something I can drink (a few or... a good many ) that wont sit so heavy in my stomach or require two bottles of mouthwash to rid myself of the aftertaste. I spent my youth experimenting with that stuff (Labatt Maximum Ice was a favorite back in the day - even drank that kangaroo piss they call Foster's down in Oz - and I knew better, but.. beer - WTF), now I'm not as resistant to the after effects as I once was, though I have a crazy high tolerance as a result of all that experimenting. I'm just mellowed and comfortable now.

NO COMPROMISE - IT HAS TO BE COLD.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    No no no no no..... I can't stand those microbrews or dark beers. They punish you too much the day after for drinking them.
    FON
    Bingo. I like Newcastle, Sapporo and black and tans (thats Guiness and Harp or Bass for you amateurs.) ,but on the golf course Miller Lite is the way to go. Not too heavy. Miller Lite is my usual default setting in bars as well. It's about quantity.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Beer stopped being about quantity when I became legal....

I've never found beer to be all that heavy myself. I guess if I wanted something that lacked flavor I'd just go with water.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

Beer stopped being about quantity when I became legal....

I've never found beer to be all that heavy myself. I guess if I wanted something that lacked flavor I'd just go with water.
    Those high viscosity beers (that do taste better) get me full before they get me buzzed. I guess if I wanted calories with no buzz I'd just go with doughnuts.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

You guys can phuck in a park but you can't drink a beer on a golf course? WTH!!!!????
    Sorry

Despite popular internet myth al fresco sex/dogging etc is aginst the law in the UK and if caught can result in your collar being felt by the rozzers.

I would also point out that in the UK we can drink at 18 although i suspet your age limit is probably more appropriate

Regards

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Mmmm

Edgey
    Redhook for me with Sam Adams as a back-up.

Hey Edgey, since we're on the subject what's the deal with beer being warm over there and why don't they have ice in the UK?

I guess if I wanted something that lacked flavor I'd just go with water.
    So I guess you drink Budweiser?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Redhook for me with Sam Adams as a back-up.

Hey Edgey, since we're on the subject what's the deal with beer being warm over there and why don't they have ice in the UK?
    AHHH

You see this is one of the great differences between two nations with a common languages and heritage.

We have a number of beers that are served at room temp i.e not chilled.

These are mild and bitter beer and scrumpy cider

We only chill lager, Guiness and some types of cider

Over here i am afraid that Bud etc is virtually unheard of. I think all of our beers are far stronger than Bud etc.

I am afraid drinking on a golf course is frowned upon, other than via a hip flask whch must contain a spirit (usually whiskey or brandy) to keep you "warm" in the winter.

Beer/Guiness/Spirits is the refuge of the mature drinker, lager is for kids

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    So I guess you drink Budweiser?
    He said water, not piss.

AHHH

You see this is one of the great differences between two nations with a common languages and heritage.

Over here i am afraid that Bud etc is virtually unheard of. I think all of our beers are far stronger than Bud etc.

I am afraid drinking on a golf course is frowned upon, other than via a hip flask whch must contain a spirit (usually whiskey or brandy) to keep you "warm" in the winter.

Edgey
    All logical and defensible. But why can't I get a f-ckin ice cube in England? If they don't know how to make ice over there, I can send them the recipe.

AHHH

Edgey
    Yes well you see Edgey that is where we differ somewhat. During the time that I resided in London I preferred Beer/Guiness in those freezing cold,dark and dim days of winter and reverted to being a lager lout in the sunny warm months of spring and summer.

Still found it hard to get used to drinking the stuff (real ale) at room temperature though and usually preferred Guiness for that very reason. The only problem with Guiness was that it varied so much in quality depending where you were drinking it. Served correctly it was had a rich creamy consistency and a creamy frothy head. Fabulous! Prepared poorly and you might as well have been drinking diet coke. As one of my Irish buddies once commented "Really tin with no consistency!"
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    All logical and defensible. But why can't I get a f-ckin ice cube in England? If they don't know how to make ice over there, I can send them the recipe.
    Loz

Got to say i have never had a problem getting an ice cube in any pub around me. In fatcit is offered by the bar staff every time.

Edgey

Whatever Pacific Northwest Microbrew my friend owes me. We have a standing bet for a sixpack and I've been killing him this year!!!

I know you're new here Prostatus... but if you search you'll find plenty of discussions on each of the various threads you've started. Why don't you consider slowing down and getting to know us before taking over the board?

Welcome to the fold either way.
    Why would I want to get to know a bunch of guys who always turn a pretty reasonable thread into a trash talking fiasco. It is okay to have some sarcasm but you guys go way overboard sometimes, and its a bit childish if you ask me. I think all my threads have caused some good and credible conversation amongst the masses and is what a golf forum should be about. No golfer that I know and play with would even think about saying what most of you fellas type. But then again this is the internet and people do get a bit more courage to say what they feel. And really wouldn't say the things they say on here in person. I noticed some of the senior members put people down in a comical way which I find very amusing, and funny at times, and thats very fine with me. But some of the others tend to get a bit out of hand ,and seem to take a few thing the wrong way. All I can say is that some of you fellas should learn a little GOLF FORUM ETIQUETTE, and take it down just a notch, so it can be fun for everyone

never on the course.... only the one time HB forced me to partake of MILLER LITE have i indulged in alcohol on the course. the cold only affects the vagina so if you dont have one you dont need spirits to warm it.

Off the course i will have New castle.

Messiah.
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

I'm really enjoying our new source of conscience on the board (ProStatus). Thank you for providing us with a template for golf forum ettiquette!
    Good morning all you fine gentleman at Golf Review!
    And to get back to the topic (keeping with proper forum decorum), drinking heavy beers is fine and dandy off the course. I love me some good Smithwicks or Bass, but if you are drinking it on the course, you have either one of the following serious problems...
    1.) You're not committed to drinking. Full calorie beers fill you up, limiting your intake.
    2.) Your drinking commitment is strong, but full calorie beers DON'T fill you up. You obviously have a drinking problem in this case.

Miller Lite in 2008!
    I approve this message, b!tches (sorry ProStatus)
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Loz

Got to say i have never had a problem getting an ice cube in any pub around me. In fatcit is offered by the bar staff every time.

Edgey
    So then you have to know someone to get an ice cube in England. Are the authorities notified when that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by ProStatus
    take it down just a notch, so it can be fun for everyone
    Great, a troublemaker for the Democratic Party. Remember, making something available to everyone, in the end, makes it available to noone.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I'm really enjoying our new source of conscience on the board (ProStatus). Thank you for providing us with a template for golf forum ettiquette!
    And to get back to the topic (keeping with proper forum decorum), drinking heavy beers is fine and dandy off the course. I love me some good Smithwicks or Bass, but if you are drinking it on the course, you have either one of the following serious problems...
    1.) You're not committed to drinking. Full calorie beers fill you up, limiting your intake.
    2.) Your drinking commitment is strong, but full calorie beers DON'T fill you up. You obviously have a drinking problem in this case.

Miller Lite in 2008!
    HB

This is almost Shottalk type bollox so stop it, it breaks rule 1

I fear Prostatus (could be a pretentious name by the way) may move on soon if the raucus nature of this site is not toned down.

Ah f*uck him, hes a wanker (my favourite word as it doesnt get censored......yet) and he needs to go to shottalk

Edgey

I prefer to two BEST brands world wide!
    They can be found at any pub or bar in the world. Most golf courses serve theses brands as well. Pretty much any establishment that sells beer sells these brand

cold and free

Todo
    Todd Hudson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Another Spank or Spank-like alias. Who's gonna keep the card?

If I'm with respectable golfers, I will enjoy a cold Sierra-Nevada. If I am with my buddies (NOT respectable golfers) we will drink one Miller Lite per hole. By the 7th hole, I can hit my putter 300 yards, or at least I think I can.

-Collin-
    In the bag:

Nickent 4DX SE 9* (Proforce V2 S)
    Callaway X 3w
    Nike Slingshot 2i Hybrid
    Nike Sumo2 4i Hybrid
    Nickent 3dx Pro Irons Nippon Steel Shafts
    Taylormade RAC TP 52*
    Sonartec T35 56*
    Callaway X-Tour 60* (PM Grind, MD Grooves!)
    Carbite Polar Balanced Putter (Thank you, Big 5)
    Ball: Whatever I found in the creek, or Callaway Pro V1X

Becks, Stella, Pete's Wicked Ale, Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Carlsberg, New Castle, Magic Hat, Hobgoblin English Dark Ale, Brooklyn Brown Ale, Eli's Brown Ale Avery, etc......pretty much anything but weak watered down p1ss like Bud or Miller and most domestics............

I can guess by your comments that you're access to quality beer is limited. Try a nice scotch ale at 7-10% alcohol. You won't be full before your drunk. Probably hard to find in most states but we are quite spoiled here in Oregon - especially Portland.

Personally don't drink beer much on the course. Mostly because I play early in the morning most of the time. Also it's hard to carry enough to make it worth my while and I'm not going to pay $4 for cheap beer.

Nothing wrong with a little whiskey. Prefer bourbon but I'm not too particular. Neat is fine if the quality is good. Maybe a very small splash or water to open it up but rocks in good whiskey is a crime.

I prefer to drink my Flask of Johnny Walker Blue Label, its easier to conceal and less filling . And offers a way better buzz than say 5 beers and 25 bucks. Plus that cart girl picks some lame azz places to serve up her tight shorts and expensive beer. Ithink the tee box is better than the middle of the fairway or cart path half way between holes

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs

Miller Lite in 2008!
    Poe4soul may be right in giving you a doubtful out... but you're way off base IMO.

1. I can't comment on my commitment to drinking as I've never thought of it in those terms. I DO, however, have a commitment to quality. I could care less about the calorie content of my beer. I'm fit and able to quaff a few beers a side (5%-10% beers) without it impacting my game enough to worry about it. A few times I've started too aggressively or the beer hits me quicker than expected (I tend to get cocky if playing well and imbibe more to give my friend a chance... maybe subconsciously?). I would rather drink water than a Coors, bud or miller. Life is too short and I'm well off enough where I don't need to drink that crap.

2. I think I'd be able to identify if I had a drinking problem. I don't have one. If I did have one I'd freely admit it. It wouldn't matter in this audience anyway.

I haven't had a light beer since someone gave me a Coors Light about 10 years ago. I drank it because it was bought for me by a friend and it would've been rude to spit it out. I think I secretly tossed the last 3rd of it.

To me nothing screams alcoholic like cheap domestic beers where the only reason I can see someone downing them is for a cheap drunk. Maybe the headache should tell you how bad the poison is?
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

Why is everyone so against drinking problems? Sheesh!
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Why is everyone so against drinking problems? Sheesh!

Because soapboxes are a dime-a-dozen - and because they get pi$$ loaded drunk off 5 beers.

Women.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

The only "doubtful out" I gave them is they are ignorant and don't have access to quality beer. We are a bit spoiled in the NW.

I'll drink a pilsner or a good ale when it's hot (both not filling) but not some POS mass quantity beer (miller, bud, corona, fosters, etc.).

Even Guiness is not the best stout around Portland. It's mass quantity average beer. Drinkable but not something I would put down on a list. In fact listing the good beers in the NW would mean next to nothing to our GR friends on the east coast or around the world.

Calling miller beer is about the same as calling folgers coffee, malboro's tobacco, or MD 20/20 wine. They're all what cheap, got to get a fix, users buy. Nothing to do with quality, only quantity. Nothing. I'd rather drink water than have a miller.

The reason you have to serve these POS beers ice cold is that if you actually tasted them you would want to spit the foul beer out.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    The only "doubtful out" I gave them is they are ignorant and don't have access to quality beer. We are a bit spoiled in the NW.

I'll drink a pilsner or a good ale when it's hot (both not filling) but not some POS mass quantity beer (miller, bud, corona, fosters, etc.).

Even Guiness is not the best stout around Portland. It's mass quantity average beer. Drinkable but not something I would put down on a list. In fact listing the good beers in the NW would mean next to nothing to our GR friends on the east coast or around the world.

Calling miller beer is about the same as calling folgers coffee, malboro's tobacco, or MD 20/20 wine. They're all what cheap, got to get a fix, users buy. Nothing to do with quality, only quantity. Nothing. I'd rather drink water than have a miller.

The reason you have to serve these POS beers ice cold is that if you actually tasted them you would want to spit the foul beer out.
    I can agree with you Poe the NW has some of the best beer and micro breweries in the US. I really dont know why the east coast has such sh.ity beer besides Yeunglings on tap. One of my favorites is Hopp outtin IPA , Acme IPA, and Fat Tire brews. I think anything that says Lite beer is just garbage. I have way too much respect for myself than to put nothing but a good quality brew in my belly HOORAH FOR BEER...good beer

Love to drink my home brew. When I have it. Nothing better than a good ale on a sunny day on the course.

I am an Ale man myself...............cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5200.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	2102  
    Taylormade R7 425-
    Taylormade R5Dual-15*
    3 - E : Hogan Apex TT DG S300
    52/56/60 Hogan Riviera
    Ping Anser 2 85068
    _ Prov1______________________________

Bass Ale or Shock Top on the back nine.
    "my son will inspire me for life"

How much did that awesome coozie cost you?
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Newcastle or two...but no more than two. I had a six pack during a game...a new Panama Canal was almost dug by my irons. Bier is good but not too much "during" a round for me...Too much of one good thing tends to spoil the other.

Pictured below is Gus Riley's Redfoot Brewery. Taking some of the product from here to the golf course is illegal unfortunately...I couldn't get through one of the beirs produced here without my game going south anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brewery.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	2103  
    Last edited by Gus Riley; 11-06-2008 at 12:20 PM.
    Cleveland launcher Driver, 19*, 22* woods
    Hybore 15* wood
    Tommy Armour 845a Silver Scots 2-PW
    Daiwa SW.
    Putter is no-name brand
    Handicap is 12.4 and I hope it keeps falling.

Mward2002.....I got this one free from House of Forged here in San Diego, give them a call @ the number on the huggy, I am sure they will send you one.....great group of guys.
    cheers
    Taylormade R7 425-
    Taylormade R5Dual-15*
    3 - E : Hogan Apex TT DG S300
    52/56/60 Hogan Riviera
    Ping Anser 2 85068
    _ Prov1______________________________

Lienenkugel's is a great microbrew from Wisconsin. Hard to find usually. I typically drink Anheuser Busch beers because I owned shares in them.

Thread Information